Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    That depends entirely on the art style. I do want to say, that I don't particularly care so much about raw graphical fidelity myself. I played FF12: The Zodiac Age last year and think it's one of the most beautiful games ever made. I also put 400 hours into Final Fantasy 11 last year as well, which looks ancient by today's standards.

But when it comes to a remake, the only real reason to get the game is for the graphical improvements. As far as we know, there aren't any major gameplay changes or additional content being added, so if people aren't satisfied with the graphics, then the project is a failure. At least for people who've played the games previously.
    Just wanted to say I totally agree with you about Zodiac Age. I played XII when it first came out and hated it, replayed it months later, and loved it, bought Zodiac Age for Switch and it is now one of the few gems that I recommend the most. Absolutely one of my favorite games of any time, of all time, lol. I LOVE that game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gamestop canceled my rise switch despite me getting one within 10 seconds of it going up. At least i still got the pro controller

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Just wanted to say I totally agree with you about Zodiac Age. I played XII when it first came out and hated it, replayed it months later, and loved it, bought Zodiac Age for Switch and it is now one of the few gems that I recommend the most. Absolutely one of my favorite games of any time, of all time, lol. I LOVE that game.
    I didn't like the combat quite as much as the traditional turn based combat, but the story, world, and art style are all 10/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    i play it to have fun.
    How dare you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Gamestop canceled my rise switch despite me getting one within 10 seconds of it going up. At least i still got the pro controller
    Same thing happened to me. It was going to be a (surprise) gift for someone, so they won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by Indigenously Abled; 2021-03-23 at 09:50 PM.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by BTC Bill View Post
    How dare you.

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing happened to me. It was going to be a (surprise) gift for someone, so they won't be disappointed.
    Fun is illegal now?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun is illegal now?
    You're not allowed to enjoy things the herd have determined are substandard.

Hot take: Sword and Shield are the best games in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by BTC Bill View Post
    You're not allowed to enjoy things the herd have determined are substandard.

Hot take: Sword and Shield are the best games in the series.
    i see. anyway my switch is here. so laters all.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    i see. anyway my switch is here. so laters all.
    Enjoy! (Super secret message.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Everybody wants to be the smartest person in the room, so they try to find something to complain about that nobody else understands I guess. Any game with a lot of sales will end up covered in those looking to advertise their own intelligence by disparaging the game.

That isn't to say legitimate criticism isn't valuable. It is just rather difficult to identify.
    Well everyone considers themselves a critic in the end, but to me it just becomes more and more harder to take some criticism seriously when there's constantly contradictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i mean valheim has better looking trees and runs on less polygons:
    https://valheim.fandom.com/wiki/Birch
    https://valheim.fandom.com/wiki/Beech
    I played Valheim myself, and no. And do you realize how that comes across as that you have to specifically go "well, the trees..."

Okay, what about the character models and their melt face that's worthy of Legend of Dragoon? Or the wonky physics at times, or how too many trees crashing at once can lag the game down? Or how one bad connection can cause massive lag for anyone near that player?

Like, first off the trees don't genuinely look better, and second off Valheim (while I enjoyed it greatly) is so not the game to go to when you want to talk about graphics, because if anything it proves the point.

You don't need flashy graphics for a game to be fun.

...This isn't a hard concept to understand. People think that Sword and Shield look bad (for the record I don't think they look great, but the graphics are not the problem I have with those games personally) and then the D/P remakes were announced and people think they look WORSE. So these people would rather have the games that look "bad" aka Sword and Shield instead of the games that look horrible aka the D/P remakes.

It's entirely logical.
    Except at no point in time would someone "logically" go "This is bad but I also want this bad". If they were genuine in their criticism, you'd call for both to be better still. Not suddenly flip flop on it and go "Well I guess this wasn't so bad".

Like if I didn't like the graphics of Sword/Shield, I wouldn't suddenly ask for it to be used again.

Granted, you're also missing the point while saying "it's not hard to get". Pokemon gets ripped into for anything regardless when it comes to appearances. But ultimately in the end, these aren't games that are being bought to be flashy and visually impressive. They're bought to have fun. The amount of times people put so much value into graphics in a genre/series that it ultimately would have little impact on is just crazy.

There are games that benefit heavily from great graphics, like Demon Souls for example again, or any heavy action packed games.

Pokemon is not that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except at no point in time would someone "logically" go "This is bad but I also want this bad". If they were genuine in their criticism, you'd call for both to be better still. Not suddenly flip flop on it and go "Well I guess this wasn't so bad".

Like if I didn't like the graphics of Sword/Shield, I wouldn't suddenly ask for it to be used again.

Granted, you're also missing the point while saying "it's not hard to get". Pokemon gets ripped into for anything regardless when it comes to appearances. But ultimately in the end, these aren't games that are being bought to be flashy and visually impressive. They're bought to have fun. The amount of times people put so much value into graphics in a genre/series that it ultimately would have little impact on is just crazy.

There are games that benefit heavily from great graphics, like Demon Souls for example again, or any heavy action packed games.

Pokemon is not that.
    Jester do you purposely act obtuse? Of course people would rather they look better than Sword and Shield, but Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company have eroded people's trust so much that they would accept something that looks okay instead of something that looks bad. I'd love it if the games had the graphical quality of Breath of the Wild, but anyone who knows anything about Gamefreak knows that shit isn't going to happen.

Also, I'm not the only one missing the point. When it comes to a remake, the only thing that matters is the graphics, because that's the whole point. Unless they're planning on overhauling the game in some way, but that's clearly not happening here. I don't expect the games to be the best looking games on the Switch, but if you're going to ask me to shell out 20 dollars more than what the games originally released for, I'd expect the games to at least match the quality standard that they've set from previous remakes.

Jester do you purposely act obtuse?
    You realize again, the constant mocking and putting down doesn't make for any points?
    You're not actually discussing, you're just belittling and snidely insulting instead, hence why there's nothing left to do besides just laugh at how the criticism constantly flip flops on Pokemon.

And honestly, if you are really going to say with a straight face "All that matters for a remake is the graphics", then I don't know what more to say because that's just flat out faulty since there's far more than just graphics.

Like you know, being able to actually buy the game without having to find someone reselling a nearly 15 year old game for a handheld that's even older.
    Like, "the quality standards they've set from previous remakes"? Great, then besides Let's Go, it's far ahead of every other remake.

Check out this game, looks good but I've not heard of it:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/gnosia

Also, on the Super Nintendo Switch rumors front:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaks...ntendo_switch/

So if Nvidia feels that Nintendo kept them in the console game and took a big risk on them(each other, actually), and they have been bragging about Switch and happy it was a success, could they customize a SoC for the super nintendo switch off new architecture? It certainly goes well with the rumors of dlss and tensor cores, but to anyone reading this it is very important to remember these are just rumors and speculation at this point. It may not come to pass, but speculating can be fun.

I can only imagine the engineers at Nvidia and Nintendo would love to see what they could pull with a modern, spare-less-expense, low compromise mobile chip custom designed for a super switch based around absolute efficiency and ai up-scaling. I also would imagine switch games may benefit more(or rather, the meager resources saved may be able to accomplish more on a system that already runs on meager resources) from dlss than PS5 games, just an assumption.

Could the biggest performance boost come from the dock itself? How does the Switch work now? Does the dock just provide a better PSU and that greater power does the heavy lifting between docked and undocked, or is there actual hardware in the dock? I wonder if that could change with a new iteration?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-03-24 at 03:46 PM.

Yo FYI if you have some form of susceptibility to this kind of thing the final boss of Balan Wonderworld apparently has a seizure inducing effect that occurs multiple times during the finale. Further reinforcing the idea that Yuji Naka is under some form of curse of hex.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yo FYI if you have some form of susceptibility to this kind of thing the final boss of Balan Wonderworld apparently has a seizure inducing effect that occurs multiple times during the finale. Further reinforcing the idea that Yuji Naka is under some form of curse of hex.
    For what it's also worth, apparently the Day One patch fixes that.

Although looking up the fight since I have no real interest in the game, all I have to say is who the hell greenlit that kind of effect.

For anyone curious but doesn't want to look it up for spoilers, it's literally a rapidly flashing white screen that just looks godawful too for a transition effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    More like who the hell greenlit the game at all

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    For what it's also worth, apparently the Day One patch fixes that.

Although looking up the fight since I have no real interest in the game, all I have to say is who the hell greenlit that kind of effect.

For anyone curious but doesn't want to look it up for spoilers, it's literally a rapidly flashing white screen that just looks godawful too for a transition effect.
    Game is half baked all around, needed way more time in the oven but square pushed it out to cut their losses thinking its a bomb regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

More like who the hell greenlit the game at all
    Probably the same guy that greenlit Tokyo RPG Factory. Create new dev teams- give them no budget- blame them when game is shit and flops.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Game is half baked all around, needed way more time in the oven but square pushed it out to cut their losses thinking its a bomb regardless.
    I didn't look into it much admittedly, because at a glance it looked flashy at least, but it also somehow had that vibe of "flashy but the depth of a puddle".

And I'm not touching anything the day Monster Hunter releases.

Although I did get It Takes Two admittedly, but that's a PS4/5 discussion. Hard to say no for $40 to have another co-op game to play though.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the same guy that greenlit Tokyo RPG Factory. Create new dev teams- give them no budget- blame them when game is shit and flops.
    I don't think this was just a budget issue. This game is just straight baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I doubt this had that less of a budge than nier

I don't think this was just a budget issue. This game is just straight baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I doubt this had that less of a budge than nier
    It definitely had less budget then Automata and if we're talking the original Replicant well that kind of was a shit game with no budget with music/story as redeeming factors.

Balan Company wasn't even a studio until like late 2018, factor in startup and planning this game probably had less then 2 years of full development. It was a pump and dump and I'm not even sure why Square wasted the money on the studio to set them up for failure like that.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-03-26 at 06:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It definitely had less budget then Automata and if we're talking the original Replicant well that kind of was a shit game with no budget with music/story as redeeming factors.

Balan Company wasn't even a studio until like late 2018, factor in startup and planning this game probably had way less then 2 years of full development. It was a pump and dump and I'm not even sure why Square wasted the money on the studio to set them up for failure like that.
    I read japan cares a lot about names so slapping yuji naka on the box seemed like free sales