Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    The entire scene after G'raha is kidnapped following Innocents' defeat is explaining this. As well as the storyline post-Twinning dungeon.
    The Twinning dungeon appears to be a side quest, so I'm not familiar with it. As for the other scene, it does not go into that much detail. The only thing that's said is someone of the royal Allagan line wouldn't exist on the First and would've had to travel there with the tower, that's it.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Hard to know if he meant it or not but he actually said he was disappointed in us for not being able to contain the Light and that, had we, he would have tried to get us on his side. Him inviting us to Amaurot was probably him wanting to watch us transform as a form of entertainment.
    He had a long monologue at some point in that he gave the beings a chance (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc0aiesT9D4&t=5415s). He believes the ancients are superior, and wanted to see if these new life forms could replace them. If we were able to do what he thought we couldn't, we would be worthy of inheriting the source and the convocation would've been wrong, and further rejoinings would be unnecessary. Absorbing all that light aether was a test, a test he was sure we'd fail, but if we could manage it, we'd be worthy.

That's the impact of the "remember us" line at the end when he's destroyed. He realizes he misjudged and wants us to remember that the ancients existed and gave us life, and he knows then that we're going to inherit the world from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Here, the Ascians have no excuse. They have every advantage over the WoL except in melee combat. The Ascians have literally no reason to endanger themselves by entering melee combat with the WoL when they can attack him out of his reach, or plot from the shadows and orchestrate the WoL's death, or circumvent conflict with the WoL by remaining hidden and/or manipulating him and his allies, and so on. Ascian victory isn't even dependent on the WoL's demise; they can trigger the rejoinings without the WoL even knowing what they are doing.
    That's only true if you assume the ascians goal was solely to cause rejoinings. That isn't the case. Every single rejoining was a test, a test which was failed and ultimately caused by the peoples who were being tested. The ascians themselves could force the rejoinings to happen, but they don't, and it's for a reason, a reason Emet-Selch revealed to us in Shadowbringers.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2021-08-05 at 11:49 PM.

Dumb question: is there anything like an addon or the likes that can help me put my rotation on the screen? i wanna try the other classes but holy crap they use so many buttons compared to my MCH and WoW classes lulz

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    That's only true if you assume the ascians goal was solely to cause rejoinings. That isn't the case. Every single rejoining was a test, a test which was failed and ultimately caused by the peoples who were being tested. The ascians themselves could force the rejoinings to happen, but they don't, and it's for a reason, a reason Emet-Selch revealed to us in Shadowbringers.
    The rejoinings are to resummon Zodiark, who Emet admits tempered him. They tried forcing one before and the result turned the 13th into a void.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There a few issues with this theory.

For one, he's pretty clear that if we contain the light, that would simply have encouraged him to "take us on as allies", and when presented with the question of, "What if we didn't cooperate?" he just says he'd kill us. It wasn't a matter of him thinking us worthy to replace him, it's pretty clear that he would have just seen us as being strong enough to be useful tools. And if we weren't, the light would just go back to flooding the world.

Also, the concept of "testing" people doesn't make much sense. Especially not in the context of direct combat. What, he'd he ok with giving up his eons-old goal and hope of seeing his friends and family again if only we can beat him up? A fight where we practically end up with an army to oppose him, along with a device specifically made to facilitate killing him, and a kiloton of energy that wasn't really ours? I really can't buy the idea that he was like, "Yeah, fair fight, ya got me. You guys are awesome, enjoy the world. Bye!" just because of that.
    It's specifically because he sees us as inferior to his people, like we see cows. They are aware we're made of the same stuff they were, and at every point they get us to bring about our own destruction and calamity. At no point until we came along could anyone oppose them, so they could easily have done it themselves.

That entire cutscene is about him explaining this. The reason he wants to bring back those sacrificed to Zodiark is because they were lost to create what he considers trivial forms of life. The fact that no champion has ever been able to prevent the calamity the ascians merely pressured them into is why he believes this so fervently. The only exception is the WoL from the source, who stopped the 8th calamity with the help of the exarch, but a single exception to thousands of years of consistent failure is not enough to sway his opinion. Not even once we defeat his recreation of Amaurot during the calamity was he convinced. It took us defeating him in his full unsundered form before he finally acknowledged it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    The rejoinings are to resummon Zodiark, who Emet admits tempered him. They tried forcing one before and the result turned the 13th into a void.
    Only because they hadn't figured out how they worked. They didn't force that one either.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Dumb question: is there anything like an addon or the likes that can help me put my rotation on the screen? i wanna try the other classes but holy crap they use so many buttons compared to my MCH and WoW classes lulz
    If you mean like Weak Auras, I don't believe so, but I've been using the XIV plugin that condenses combos and that has been very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    At no point until we came along could anyone oppose them, so they could easily have done it themselves.

That entire cutscene is about him explaining this. The reason he wants to bring back those sacrificed to Zodiark is because they were lost to create what he considers trivial forms of life.
    It's certainly an interpretation, but not one I agree with based on all available evidence.

1) The second summoning of Zodiark was to restore life to the world that had been ravaged by the Final Days.
    2) Emet doesn't consider us whole because we're not. Reincarnated Ascians at that time on the Source were 7/14 of their original soul while those on shards were 1/14, and that was Hydaelyn's doing. Edit: We weren't among those sacrificed as we were opposed to both the summoning of Zodiark and Hydaelyn, which required voluntary sacrifices. We wouldn't have been restored by the second summoning because we didn't die.
    3) Given that Emet had to create empires in order to usher in calamities, I would assume that they're not easy to do. He was also put out that we were delaying his painstaking efforts of rejoining the First.
    4) You still haven't addressed Zodiark's tempering. I'm not convinced the Ascians have enough free will to abandon their goal of bringing him back, which requires rejoining.
    Last edited by Lane; 2021-08-06 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    But this still wouldn't add up, especially since he's pretty clear about his intentions here. Even if we had been "worthy", it still only meant that he'd be willing to keep us around to help in his goals. Goals that we would need to cooperate with, or he would just kill us anyway.

At no point is it suggested that he's doing all this because if we're cool enough, he'll just give up everything. Or that if we manage to barely edge out a win with a whole platoon of people and auracite - something that, by his own admission early in the story, he knew we could find a way to do - that it was somehow part of his plan to test our worth.

Now once he was beaten, he could live with - pardon the pun - the burden being lifted from his shoulders. But before that? No, of course not. He never intended to just let us win, to give it all up if we showed that we were tough enough or something.
    I think what makes that clear is that he's talking about us inheriting the star, not just coexisting. There were other people living on the source with the ancients who weren't adept at creation magick. They coexisted, but they weren't the stewards of the star, which implies agency. The convocation summoned Zodiark to save the star with a sacrifice made by half of Amaurot, the others on the world just perished in the calamity. After another sacrifice was required to restore life to their world but only brought about lesser lifeforms that they would just use them as a sacrifice to restore themselves to glory. They were unworthy, and they include us, which is why the ascians do not care how many people die in a rejoining.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    If you mean like Weak Auras, I don't believe so, but I've been using the XIV plugin that condenses combos and that has been very helpful.
    the what now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Story is pretty much atrocious tho. (thankfully FF got me covered for that)
    Considering that was the only thing that really interested me in the last 2 expansions....
    W/o friends, time and a raid, I just can't be arsed to do any engame grinds in WoW or care about my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    the what now?
    Probably XIVComboPlugin.

Doesn't work for SAM though

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Probably XIVComboPlugin.

Yeah that one, and yes, it does work for SAM.

Yeah that one, and yes, it does work for SAM.
    It works, but how do you use it without using the same buttons again somewhere else?

When you do your 3-combo point generator thingy for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished ARR's patch content. I will say that there is some nice sense of world building in them, but there is an awful lot of fluff quests in the MSQ in those patches, especially the last part.

There is a story beat that I've been trying to figure out, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.
    In one of the flashback cutscenes involving the Archon's and what they were doing during the lead up to Dalamud's last stages of descent, we see Y'shtola walking around a dock, recieving a flower from a little girl for a festival or something along those lines. But Y'shtola mentions something about the Maelstrom (I'm a WoW refugee, but I'm taking that as the Lominsan organization :P) training in a hole in the sea.

What is the 'hole in the sea' that she's talking about?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

It works, but how do you use it without using the same buttons again somewhere else?

When you do your 3-combo point generator thingy for example.
    If you mean your Sen generating abilities, you would normally have each of the 6 hotbar buttons reserved for them:

1) Hakaze
    2) Jinpu
    3) Shifu
    4) Yukikaze
    5) Gekko
    6) Kasha

With the plugin, that becomes 3 because you'll have 3 hakazes that rotate through one of the combos:

1) hakaze > yukikaze
    2) hakaze > jinpu > gekko
    3) hakaze > shifu > kasha

Similar logic applies your aoe, going from 3 abilities to 2.

If you mean your Sen generating abilities, you would normally have each of the 6 combo abilities for one hotbar keybind:

1) Hakaze
    2) Jinpu
    3) Shifu
    4) Yukikaze
    5) Gekko
    6) Kasha

With the plugin, that becomes 3 because you'll have 3 hakazes that rotate through one of the combos:

1) hakaze > yukikaze
    2) hakaze > jinpu > gekko
    3) hakaze > shifu > kasha

Similar logic applies your aoe, going from 3 abilities to 2.
    No, I meant: What happens if you press the CD that allows you to use 3 sen generating abilities back to back.
    Does the plugin turn all 3 hakeza icons to Yukikaze/gekko/kasha? Does it recognize what is happening?

I assumed it didn't... if it does, that'd be cool.

No, I meant: What happens if you press the CD that allows you to use 3 sen generating abilities back to back.
    Does the plugin turn all 3 hakeza icons to Yukikaze/gekko/kasha? Does it recognize what is happening?

I assumed it didn't... if it does, that'd be cool.
    Yes if you use it, it turns those abilities into the sen generating portion of the combo (Gekko, Yukikaze, Kasha). Same for Aoe.

A sensible chuckle at the Moonfire Festival holiday mount this year being a blizzard bear.

I bet good gil its special is to make shaved ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It rains quite a lot in Eorzea, doesn't it?
    Its on a schedule for each zone gathering nodes
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Probably XIVComboPlugin.

Would you mind telling me how to install it? i dont even think i downloaded the proper thing lol