Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Blizz right now has big problems with pushing out standard patches due to rona and drama. Any big world revamp is out of the picture, maybe for ever.
    Why?...

A world revamp would inevitably use a majority reused assets in reused zones. It would take no more work than an actual new zone would take, and arguably even less considering you don't need to worry about the zones themselves actually working, just that whatever assets you replace are functioning.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Well, normal audiences don’t expect a world revamp (because they don’t know about all the updated buildings in the files/BFA and haven’t been counting the updated old models), so that counts right?
    I‘m team #worldrevamp so this would be great, but after BfA and Shadowlands I‘ll never hold my breath again for a world revamp. Three times isn’t the charm for me, in this case.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I legitimately think the game would have been better off if they waited for Cataclysm to happen until around WoD, so 10 years after the game launch. It would have been a 10 year anniversary celebration with updated models as well, and perhaps a new leveling system to make the lore make sense, since prior to Shadowlands leveling was absolutely nonsensical.

7+ Year Old Account
    That’s a stretch. Development has resumed post controversy and the revamp will have been worked on before covid.
    Sure, but 9.1 major delay happened before drama. So did they resume to that state?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why?...

A world revamp would inevitably use a majority reused assets in reused zones. It would take no more work than an actual new zone would take, and arguably even less considering you don't need to worry about the zones themselves actually working, just that whatever assets you replace are functioning.
    Look how long it took them too cook up one zone and a raid in 9.1. And we are talking here about big world revamps. Cata took em long time, used many alr existing assets and they didn't even touch the geology.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Sure, but 9.1 major delay happened before drama. So did they resume to that state?
    Blizzard will keep us all in the dark as usual. Working from home really messed them up, and the new Blizzard drama surely dampens morale. Though even after all of this I still believe a world revamp is coming, at some point. It just makes no sense that a company with such a large amount of money would let their game fail when they have the means to pretty much completely revitalize it, regardless of a revamp or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Blizzard will keep us all in the dark as usual. Working from home really messed them up, and the new Blizzard drama surely dampens morale. Though even after all of this I still believe a world revamp is coming, at some point. It just makes no sense for a company with such a large amount of money would let their game fail when they have the means to pretty much completely revitalize it, regardless of a revamp or not.
    I would say that morale is actually high now, with shit exposed, support given, heads rolling and possibility of meaningful change.

And we are talking here about an AAA company. If the project fails, these companies tend to cut the looses. EA swims in money, they have the means. Didn't stop them from canning Anthem.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

- - - Updated - - -

Look how long it took them too cook up one zone and a raid in 9.1. And we are talking here about big world revamps. Cata took em long time, used many alr existing assets and they didn't even touch the geology.
    It took them that long for an entirely new zone with new assets, and that in a pathc that traditionally has not had new zones.

If Blizzard manages to make 5-6 new zones with new assets in each new expansion then I don't see how whatever 10.0 ends up being will be the odd one out.
    If we assume the lateness of 9.1 to be due to Covid, then I would say that bodes really well for a world revamp expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I just realized. 8.1 did technically have a new zone with the revamped Darkshore, which included new custom assets, and that patch managed to be just as meaty as one might expect from a X.1 patch, and arguable even better considering the pitiful showings from previous patches like it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I would say that morale is actually high now, with shit exposed, support given, heads rolling and possibility of meaningful change.
    I guess I could understand that. Initially it must have 100% crushed them and their morale, as it did to everyone outside the company. I could possibly see them trying to rebrand their image at the next Blizzconline as this new Blizzard 2.0 all about healing and stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    With how everything is set up, i will eat my left foot if 9.2 isn't just a continuation of 9.1.

Sure, they can add a subplot with devours or drust or whatever, but the main plot not being the Sepulcher just doesn't make much sense considering how pressing the whole situation is.

On top of that, nothing has been really set up to take the Sepulchers place.
    In 8.2, and 7.2 both Nazjatar and Tomb were already established and expected.

- - - Updated - - -

I could possibly see them trying to rebrand their image at the next Blizzconline as this new Blizzard 2.0 all about healing and stuff.
    They can start by properly organizing the damn event.
    If we could harness and transform stress into electrical energy, Ion and Jeremy alone could probably power a whole city.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I legitimately think the game would have been better off if they waited for Cataclysm to happen until around WoD, so 10 years after the game launch. It would have been a 10 year anniversary celebration with updated models as well, and perhaps a new leveling system to make the lore make sense, since prior to Shadowlands leveling was absolutely nonsensical.
    Thing is, Vanilla questing was extremely outdated even in 2010, forcing new people to do that in 2014.. wouldn't be good idea. On the other side SL changes to leveling were really late, outdated BC and Wrath zones turn down many people in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    With how everything is set up, i will eat my left foot if 9.2 isn't just a continuation of 9.1.
    Kinda obvious, last time main patch was side story was 5.2.

It's not like last scandal changed things, people are still working on WoW.

I still think of 2 possible scenarios:
    a) production of 10.0 is going well, they will be ready for late 2022, 9.2 is Sepulcher with Jailer as final boss
    b) 10.0 is delayed like everything and expac will launch 2023, 9.2 is Sepulcher with Anduin, 9.3 is Northend with Jailer.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-08-08 at 02:59 PM.

Have there been any new human building files? I think that the many old models getting updated animations (hippogryphs, mammoths) points to Northrend at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I think based on how a lot of people don’t like the theme of SL (I do, oh well) that people won’t mind if the next expansion is revealed to be more generally appealing. It kind of explains the lower expansion price.
    No idea, Boub and Marla always had some kind of clues (like Battle for Dazar'Alor instance before the raid and such stuff) and I miss those speculations.

7+ Year Old Account
    They can start by properly organizing the damn event.
    If we could harness and transform stress into electrical energy, Ion and Jeremy alone could probably power a whole city.
    They wont risk a live event, pandemic aside. They wont risk booing and hard questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Thing is, Vanilla questing was extremely outdated even in 2010, forcing new people to do that in 2014.. wouldn't be good idea. On the other side SL changes to leveling were really late, outdated BC and Wrath zones turn down many people in the past.

Kinda obvious, last time main patch was side story was 5.2.

It's not like last scandal changed things, people are still working on WoW.

I still think of 2 possible scenarios:
    a) production of 10.0 is going well, they will be ready for late 2022, 9.2 is Sepulcher with Jailer as final boss
    b) 10.0 is delayed like everything and expac will launch 2023, 9.2 is Sepulcher with Anduin, 9.3 is Northend with Jailer.
    Anduin being the key art for 9.1 makes me think King Zovaal will be the art for 9.2. Therefore the final boss.

They wont risk a live event, pandemic aside. They wont risk booing and hard questions.
    Why do they need a live event with interaction audience anyway? They already announced the virtual Blizzcon for early next year, way before the scandal. So at best, the next Blizzcon with audience takes place in November 2022 and by that time the lawsuit and scandal will most likely be forgotten. So they’re pretty safe in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Anduin being the key art for 9.1 makes me think King Zovaal will be the art for 9.2. Therefore the final boss.
    I don’t know, an entire patch just to rescue Anduin sounds pretty excessive as well and not exciting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don’t know, an entire patch just to rescue Anduin sounds pretty excessive as well and not exciting at all.
    I think Anduin will be one of the Sepulcher bosses. Aside from maybe winged Denathrius we don’t have any contenders for a pre-final boss. So it’ll be Puppet Anduin then Zovaal.

This is just assuming the raid is in some foreign plane. If it’s in Northrend there could be a LOT of characters there.

7+ Year Old Account
    ???
    There won't be a live audience, its another Blizzconline.

When i say they should properly organize it, i meant giving every team enough time to properly shwocase their new stuff.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    ???
    There won't be a live audience, its another Blizzconline.

When i say they should properly organize it, i meant giving every team enough time to properly shwocase their new stuff.
    They will show new stuff if they actually have something to show. Blizz has issues with that lately.

Actually, consider that the Sanctum raid is 9 Zovaal/Maw themed bosses and one First One robot, what in the world will the theme of the 9.2 raid be?

Yes, Tomb and Antorus both were demons, but they had a diversity of themes. I don’t know if they will do an entirely First One raid that features Zovaal.

I think Anduin will be one of the Sepulcher bosses. Aside from maybe winged Denathrius we don’t have any contenders for a pre-final boss. So it’ll be Puppet Anduin then Zovaal.

This is just assuming the raid is in some foreign plane. If it’s in Northrend there could be a LOT of characters there.
    I mean Helya and Muezhala still exist… I don’t know if we’ll make use of them, but it seems weird to just leave them out of the climax of this expansion.

Besides that, Arthas could be either a boss in the form of Shadow of the Lich King or a helpful NPC while rescuing Anduin. What I just meant is that 9.1 already was nothing new. Same faces, same architecture, same environment. And then another patch with Anduin and all that death stuff? And then the final patch with the Jailer and the death stuff? Sounds way too much overall with the same theme. Every expansion at least had variety in that regard and in Shadowlands I don’t see it. Granted, Castle Nathria was something completely different. For me even Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras with Antorus following was using the same tropes a little too much. And I have no idea how they could shake that up after the Maw / SoD and the things to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, consider that the Sanctum raid is 9 Zovaal/Maw themed bosses and one First One robot, what in the world will the theme of the 9.2 raid be?

Yes, Tomb and Antorus both were demons, but they had a diversity of themes. I don’t know if they will do an entirely First One raid that features Zovaal.
    Funny how you’re tackling the same stuff here, I just saw your post after I posted mine.

- - - Updated - - -

They will show new stuff if they actually have something to show. Blizz has issues with that lately.
    Funny enough, Diablo Immortal might be ready by that time and I guess it’ll get another spot right there.

If 9.2 is Northrend they have a lot of material. If it’s somewhere in the Realms of Life they also have a lot of material.

If it’s just First One robots..... eh. Unsure. But it COULD be Titan/Constellar themed and have a lot to work with. I think this also lines up with the dev comments that we may see a Titan afterlife, as well as the fact we still have yet to see what killed the Arbiter/theories it may have been Argus.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-08 at 03:17 PM.