Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Really curious if they'll manage to add in more customization for one more Alliance allied race in 9.1.5

They got Lightforged and Nightborne and now Highmountain with a pretty nice and wide selection of customization options. Inb4 "Void Elves are on par with those." Lol.
    Would be quite nice if all humans (Stormwind, Gilneas, and Kul'Tirans) could choose which of the three body types to use (normal, thin, or fat).

Would also be nice if regular Tauren got some cool customizations. Stuff like having a blind eye that was clawed out, or a disfigured muzzle that shows more teeth, tattoos, etc.

Honestly, if we go by the pattern, it would make the most sense to give Void Elves a complete overhaul next, being that it is the last of the four Legion Allied Races to still be limited in customization after 9.1.5. But considering everything that has been added to them so far has been controversial and has people claiming inane shit like that they are the allied race that Blizzard has given the most, I can see them skipping Void Elves for the foreseeable future to avoid people having an aneurysm. I hope I'm wrong, but I can already see the meltdowns, even though Void Elves have like 8 options, a single page of customization, compared to the three pages Lightforged and Nightborne have now.

Then that would bring us to Dark Irons and Mag'har next, followed by Kul Tirans and Zandalari and finally Mechagnomes and Vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Honestly, if we go by the pattern, it would make the most sense to give Void Elves a complete overhaul next, being that it is the last of the four Legion Allied Races to still be limited in customization after 9.1.5. But considering everything that has been added to them so far has been controversial and has people claiming inane shit like that they are the allied race that Blizzard has given the most, I can see them skipping Void Elves for the foreseeable future to avoid people having an aneurysm. I hope I'm wrong, but I can already see the meltdowns, even though Void Elves have like 8 options, a single page of customization, compared to the three pages Lightforged and Nightborne have now.

Then that would bring us to Dark Irons and Mag'har next, followed by Kul Tirans and Zandalari and finally Mechagnomes and Vulpera.
    I hope they don't skip Void Elves. I wanna see them get the necklaces, circlets, hairstyles like others have gotten. Highmountain new customization is amazing, and it's way more than skins and a toggle.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the things I love that they kinda started with Tauren but are really doing with Highmountain, is actually giving them hairstyles, and not just different mane options with assorted braids.

They finally give Void/high elves the crap ton of blue body paint every fan concept of high elves had.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

There's so much they can still add to the Void elves:

What they got PALES in comparison to what the other Legion allied races got, so no doubt they will receive a lot more options in the future.

You could say that they are saving the best and what makes the most money for last. Which explains why the yellow draenei and mana addicts were first in line
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-09-10 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I hope they don't skip Void Elves. I wanna see them get the necklaces, circlets, hairstyles like others have gotten. Highmountain new customization is amazing, and it's way more than skins and a toggle.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the things I love that they kinda started with Tauren but are really doing with Highmountain, is actually giving them hairstyles, and not just different mane options with assorted braids.
    I agree. I'd like to see them get more void options, new hairstyles, new skin colors that are more voidy, maybe something to do with their eyes- making them more spooky and eldritch, some jewelry, jewelry color options, facial and body tattoos that are both High Elf and Void elf in nature, some kind of star particle pattern for their hair and hands similar to their heritage armor (Nightborne need the same but arcane) etc.

And yeah, the fringe thing for Tauren is a great improvement. I wonder if they could do the same for Worgen one day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

What they got PALES in comparison to what the other Legion allied races got, so no doubt they will receive a lot more options in the future.

You could say that they are saving the best and what makes the most money for last. Which explains why the yellow draenei and mana addicts were first in line
    I really would like to see Blizzard do an extra set of eyes. That would be cool, but I'm not sure how they would do so without drastically altering the rig. Unless the extra eyes are static or a separate animated mesh kind of just jammed into the Void Elf model.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The void elves have invaded, quick get a bug spray!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

You can pretty much thank the High Elf spammers for this. They convinced Blizzard that what the Void Elves needed was a bunch of options to make them identical to Blood Elves so they didn't have to play Horde, rather than deeper Void Elf customization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You can pretty much thank the High Elf spammers for this. They convinced Blizzard that what the Void Elves needed was a bunch of options to make them identical to Blood Elves so they didn't have to play Horde, rather than deeper Void Elf customization.
    Meh we still should of gotten High Elves over Void Elves.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Honestly, Alliance should have gotten Blood Elves over Draenei. If that expectation was fulfilled from the start, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And the Horde might actually have a defined identity that isn't dominated by Alliance drop outs.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Honestly, Alliance should have gotten Blood Elves over Draenei. If that expectation was fulfilled from the start, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And the Horde might actually have a defined identity that isn't dominated by Alliance drop outs.
    Horde would have been in the shitter if they hadn't given them a race that looks halfway decent. Especially in the asian market.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neither realy.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-10 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Horde would have been in the shitter if they hadn't given them a race that looks halfway decent. Especially in the asian market.
    Nothing wrong with that. If you liked the Alliance aesthetic - and most people do - go Alliance. The Horde used to have a strong identity, but it's become so diluted...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beat me to it.

Nothing wrong with that. If you liked the Alliance aesthetic - and most people do - go Alliance. The Horde used to have a strong identity, but it's become so diluted...
    There is absolutely something wrong with a faction being dead in a game with factions.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

There is absolutely something wrong with a faction being dead in a game with factions.
    If the Horde is 90% Blood Elves, it's as good as dead anyway.

Not really, when there is not a single mechanic that actually depends upon factions. Just look at most servers - most are drastically tilted in favour of one or the other. I played Sargeras Horde during MoP/WoD, I was very often the only Horde /who result during primetime. The game was still completely playable on the Alliance side - none of their options were limited because the faction split is utterly pointless from a system perspective.

And regardless... there are always going to be people that love Orcs and Tauren and Undead and Trolls and Goblins that core "misunderstood monster" fantasy (and I included Undead even though I don't think they truly belong, either, but Blood Elves are a complete inversion of the Horde aesthetic and tone). No faction would be "dead." Especially when there's always the option to simply allow us to group (and guild) cross-faction, as we constantly do in the narrative, even when ostensibly sacking a faction city.

This isn't DAoC or WAR where faction balance actually mattered. WoW borrowed the system from those guys, but they have never done anything that actually relies on it to be functional.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't have minded this, especially as it might well have meant we got Broken/Krokul instead of LF Draenei. That would've been a fun choice & would have felt unique as opposed to just something that just feels like Draenei customization options used as a new race.

I half wonder if the initial plan was for High Elves instead of Void Elves, but then was changed for being too similar aesthetically to Blood Elves. There does seem to be a decent amount of them in Boralus, which would hint at them potentially having a greater purpose. I do worry they wouldn't have been unique enough from the Blood Elf model at the time, though I've seen some suggestions for slight changes that might've given that variation & still looked really cool.

High Elves didn't belong to the Horde anyway- so Blizzard just decided to pull the bandaid and give them to both factions.

Not really, when there is not a single mechanic that actually depends upon factions.
    There is plenty of stuff that requires your faction to be actually populated, like finding groups, guilds, etc.; especially in the context of TBC, pre-CRZ.

Also Belfs make up roughly 30%, with major races being around 15% and the new stuff filling out the rest. Hardly 90%.