10+ Year Old Account
    Lev Parnas convicted of using Russian money in American elections.

In total, Parnas, a Ukrainian-born businessman, was found guilty of six charges. The charges included lying to the Federal Elections Committee to conceal that the source of the campaign contributions originated from Russian businessman Andrey Muraviev.
    Parnas is, of course, a solid friend of Team Trump.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topic...liticalcontent

Twitter update on how their algorithms function and amplify political content. Why am I posting this here?

TLDR: Contrary to the continued peed pants whining from conservatives, and mirroring the data we've seen on this topic from Facebook, Twitter's algorithms favored and boosted conservative content more often than non-conservative content.

Republicans have had their megaphones on all platforms, even as they've been constantly violating the rules and complaining about suffering the consequences. They're just mad that there are consequences for breaking the rules, not that there's any "censorship" going on in any way, shape, or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topic...liticalcontent

Twitter update on how their algorithms function and amplify political content. Why am I posting this here?

TLDR: Contrary to the continued peed pants whining from conservatives, and mirroring the data we've seen on this topic from Facebook, Twitter's algorithms favored and boosted conservative content more often than non-conservative content.

Republicans have had their megaphones on all platforms, even as they've been constantly violating the rules and complaining about suffering the consequences. They're just mad that there are consequences for breaking the rules, not that there's any "censorship" going on in any way, shape, or form.
    Hmm...

In six out of seven countries — all but Germany — Tweets posted by accounts from the political right receive more algorithmic amplification than the political left when studied as a group.
    Gee, I wonder why Germany might be the exception. /s

Daily reminder that Jack Dorsey and the Twitter executives are a bunch of clowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Gee, I wonder why Germany might be the exception. /s

Daily reminder that Jack Dorsey and the Twitter executives are a bunch of clowns.
    We'll never know how they did it. Might be how they don't allow FREE SPEECH, those Nazi's.

And always fuck Jack Dorsey and his stupid $2M NFT of his first tweet on the platform. Seriously, it's the nexus of all things awful about capitalism, the commodification of everything, and douchey tech-bros.

Couple things from Benngauls Lost My Joy link lol:

Starts with:

She had decided not to tell anyone earlier so as not to alert "the shitlibs in the media."

"This bio-weapon is demonic," she wrote. "I've lost all of my senses and struggle with constant indifference, brain fog, and I've lost my joy."

And:
    Prior to her departure, Witzke attributed a June outbreak of COVID-19 among TruNews staff to a "demonic attack" for having hosted far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, a former Breitbart writer who now claims to be "ex-gay."

"I don't think it's any coincidence that the TruNews crew all got deathly ill, got very sick, right after they brought Milo on," she said, as reported by PinkNews.

but the best bit is:

"I'm an idiot for submitting to their demands and getting tested," she wrote, "and yes I know I need a good husband in my life to keep me from making bad decisions."

WE CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.
    TLDR:
    Demonic attacks of Covid cause Milo stopped by.
    Annnnnd she's single.

Trump SPAC skyrockets as much as 1,657% since deal was announced

At its peak of $175 on Friday, the Nasdaq-listed company was a staggering 1,657% above its Wednesday closing price.

"This is extremely unusual, especially now," said Matt Kennedy, senior IPO market strategist at Renaissance Capital. "We saw significant pops during the height of the SPAC bubble. Nowadays it's rare to see a SPAC pop more than 10%."

Normally, SPAC merger announcements contain financial projections and details on the capital structure. In this case, there was merely a press release and an investor presentation that contained no estimates on how much money the company could bring in.

"This is clearly meme stock territory. It's totally disconnected from fundamentals. There are no known fundamentals," said Kennedy, who warned investors that $10 should be looked at as the floor for this stock.

"Be prepared to lose potentially everything else," he said. "This is a stock trading purely on momentum."

I think I am buying more FSCSX. How can you go wrong with Microsoft and Visa.

Friday's report:

82,483 new cases; around 13k fewer than last Friday.

Top 10:

California: 6,966 new cases; 119 deaths
    Texas: 4,875 new cases; 223 deaths
    Michigan: 4,589 new cases; 68 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 4,496 new cases; 82 deaths
    Ohio: 4,078 new cases; 113 deaths
    New York: 4,003 new cases; 32 deaths
    Arizona: 3,074 new cases; 51 deaths
    Illinois: 2,969 new cases; 32 deaths
    Colorado: 2,846 new cases; 50 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,609 new cases; 69 deaths

I'm really, really hoping that the count out of California today is just a blip and not the indication that the next wave is starting. It's not a lot when you consider the population of California, but it's about 700 more than last Friday and yesterday's total was slightly higher than the previous Thursday, so it makes me furrow my brow a bit. It's too little data to base anything off of, but I'll be hoping for lower numbers next week to prove this to be an anomaly. Elsewhere it's much the same as the rest of the week as nationally cases continue to fall. 29 states are still reporting numbers of 1k or more, which isn't great, but it's been much, much worse the past couple months. I still don't believe anything coming out of Florida, so someone else can post about their bullshit numbers if they wish. Fuck Florida.

1,610 deaths is around 300 fewer than last Friday and brings the total to 755,721. Texas might drop out of the 200's soon, but they still didn't today. Only about 1.1k separates them from California in terms of total COVID deaths and that's pretty sad considering the disparity in population. Georgia actually took the 2 spot today with 175 deaths. That's partially because of their reporting scheme but also because, well, a shitload of people have been dying in Georgia to COVID. Nationally the 7-day average continues to be on a downward trend but states like Florida with their ridiculous reporting scheme keep fucking with that as well and the long tail in COVID cases is also being represented in deaths. It's going down, but not very quickly.

Related news:

People who got Covid-19 vaccines were less likely to die from any cause compared to unvaccinated people, study finds
    "In fact, it shows that people vaccinated for COVID-19 had lower death rates than those who were not vaccinated, even when COVID deaths were excluded. That's in addition to the mounting evidence from other studies showing that the COVID-19 vaccines are effective against COVID-19 infection, serious illness, and death."
    Pennsylvania Republican becomes latest COVID-19 breakthrough case in Congress
    Hours before his diagnosis, Thompson had cast votes on the House floor Friday morning against a bill to expand requirements for employers to provide accommodations for workers who are nursing mothers and need to pump breast milk.
    *eyeroll*

Poll: Majority of voters say vaccine mandates help the economy, coronavirus pandemic--The surprising part? The split among GOP voters is 37% help versus 38% hurt. That's much closer than I ever would have expected out of those fuckwits, so kudos, I guess. Now stop fighting them.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-10-23 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Friday's report:

82,483 new cases; around 13k fewer than last Friday.

Top 10:

California: 6,966 new cases; 119 deaths
    Texas: 4,875 new cases; 223 deaths
    Michigan: 4,589 new cases; 68 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 4,496 new cases; 82 deaths
    Ohio: 4,078 new cases; 113 deaths
    New York: 4,003 new cases; 32 deaths
    Arizona: 3,074 new cases; 51 deaths
    Illinois: 2,969 new cases; 32 deaths
    Colorado: 2,846 new cases; 50 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,609 new cases; 69 deaths

I'm really, really hoping that the count out of California today is just a blip and not the indication that the next wave is starting. It's not a lot when you consider the population of California, but it's about 700 more than last Friday and yesterday's total was slightly higher than the previous Thursday, so it makes me furrow my brow a bit. It's too little data to base anything off of, but I'll be hoping for lower numbers next week to prove this to be an anomaly. Elsewhere it's much the same as the rest of the week as nationally cases continue to fall. 29 states are still reporting numbers of 1k or more, which isn't great, but it's been much, much worse the past couple months. I still don't believe anything coming out of Florida, so someone else can post about their bullshit numbers if they wish. Fuck Florida.

1,610 deaths is around 300 fewer than last Friday and brings the total to 755,721. Texas might drop out of the 200's soon, but they still didn't today. Only about 1.1k separates them from California in terms of total COVID deaths and that's pretty sad considering the disparity in population. Georgia actually took the 2 spot today with 175 deaths. That's partially because of their reporting scheme but also because, well, a shitload of people have been dying in Georgia to COVID. Nationally the 7-day average continues to be on a downward trend but states like Florida with their ridiculous reporting scheme keep fucking with that as well and the long tail in COVID cases is also being represented in deaths. It's going down, but not very quickly.

Related news:

People who got Covid-19 vaccines were less likely to die from any cause compared to unvaccinated people, study finds

Pennsylvania Republican becomes latest COVID-19 breakthrough case in Congress

*eyeroll*

Poll: Majority of voters say vaccine mandates help the economy, coronavirus pandemic--The surprising part? The split among GOP voters is 37% help versus 38% hurt. That's much closer than I ever would have expected out of those fuckwits, so kudos, I guess. Now stop fighting them.

Stay safe, folks.
    I would not pay too much attention to day to day case rate. The seven day average is still going down.

State of California Covid Dashboard

The problem is that once you leave the coastal counties, the case numbers are still high. Fresno 7-day per capita new case number is over 200, and Kern is 250. Imperial County is 418,

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I would not pay too much attention to day to day case rate. The seven day average is still going down.
    I don't. As I said:

It's too little data to base anything off of, but I'll be hoping for lower numbers next week to prove this to be an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Trump SPAC skyrockets as much as 1,657% since deal was announced

I think I am buying more FSCSX. How can you go wrong with Microsoft and Visa.
    A good ol' pump and dump.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Well, one investor has already pulled out.

The New York Times revealed Thursday night that one of the biggest investors in the Digital World SPAC was Saba Capital, a $3.5 billion hedge fund. Its founder and manager, Boaz Weinstein, told the paper that once his company was made aware that the SPAC it had invested in was funding Trump Media & Technology Group, it sold much of its stake Thursday morning, netting a small profit.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...dgntp#comments

UPDATE: Now it is 2 investors that hold a bit over 20% total share ownership in the SPAC that sold out. I wonder how many more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/at...?ocid=msedgntp
    Last edited by gondrin; 2021-10-23 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    "netting a small profit"
    Small? I thought the stock was skyrocketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, for the far upper millionaires to billionaires, a few million in profit is small.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    i did all the way to 175 as individual "meme" type investors piled in then it tanked down to 80-90.

I am sure we will find out most of the major initial investors in the company (pre trump involvement) have bailed out since they generally are not looking for 600-1500% returns and took the gain while they could.

Most of the people holding now are going to lose their shirts based on what little planning and infrastructure this company has actually built up for the trump social media. Its going to be one of the worst product releases ever, that is if it ever does get released.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, for the far upper millionaires to billionaires, a few million in profit is small.
    It wasn't just "a few million", though. One company had 3.2 million shares, and could have seen a profit of $90-140 per share, depending on when they sold, yielding a windfall profit of roughly $300-450 million.

The other company "only" had 2.4 million shares, so figure another $200-250 million.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It wasn't just "a few million", though. One company had 3.2 million shares, and could have seen a profit of $90-140 per share, depending on when they sold, yielding a windfall profit of roughly $300-450 million.

The other company "only" had 2.4 million shares, so figure another $250 million.
    Well, maybe they were just being modest. I've heard people talk like that about stuff like that.

The tyranny of bIg TeCh:

"Twitter has admitted it amplifies more tweets from rightwing politicians and news outlets than content from leftwing sources.

The social media platform examined tweets from elected officials in seven countries – the UK, US, Canada, France, Germany, Spain and Japan. It also studied whether political content from news organisations was amplified on Twitter, focusing primarily on US news sources such as Fox News, the New York Times and BuzzFeed.

The study compared Twitter’s “Home” timeline – the default way its 200 million users are served tweets, in which an algorithm tailors what users see – with the traditional chronological timeline where the most recent tweets are ranked first.

The research found that in six out of seven countries, apart from Germany, tweets from rightwing politicians received more amplification from the algorithm than those from the left; right-leaning news organisations were more amplified than those on the left; and generally politicians’ tweets were more amplified by an algorithmic timeline than by the chronological timeline."

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...d-news-outlets
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Does that surprise anyone? People who take their health seriously are more apt to eat healthy and not devour Cheeto casserole for dinner four nights a week. Not to mention other health hazards like looking down the barrel of their shotgun to see if they remembered to load it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the name John Eastman sounds familiar to you, it should. The "Eastman Memo" was first reported here by @cubby and @Levelfive and you can read it here.

I'll sum up: Eastman wrote the playbook for "how to overthrow democracy". It says Pence should refuse to certify to avoid getting lynched, keep the flip states from giving Biden 270 by throwing them out, and hand the election to Trump without having a vote in the Senate.

It was horrifying. So horrifying, in fact, Eastman told the National Review he admits he was wrong changed his mind after thinking it over I do plan to finish eventually that...wow, this sounds like the @Kaleredar handbook. That he didn't write it, and if he did write it he didn't mean it, and if he did mean it he didn't think anyone would do it, and if someone did do it he'd really like not to be charged.

They were internal discussion memos for the legal team. I had been asked to put together a memo of all the available scenarios that had been floated. I was asked to kind of outline how each of those scenarios would work and then orally present my views on whether I thought they were valid or not, so that's what those memos did.
    Eastman went on to say that the information was to be provided to Pence/Trump purely as an objective statement about what was possible, not what he was recommending or his advice, please don't charge me please.

That sounds vaguely Giuliani/Cohen, in the "my client asked me to do it, what choice did I have?" and of course we all know the answer, "Refuse because it's immoral, illegal, and stupid, and he insists quit in protest".

So it's good to know that even the people who tr--

"Um, Breccia? You're forgetting the important part."

...National Review uses a paywall?

"No, you idiot. Anyone searching with your block quotes will find a readable source. No, you forgot the part where Eastman is lying."

Well I mean it's implied, he worked for Trump--

"Dumbass, he was at the rally and here's the transcript."

And all we are demanding of Vice President Pence is this afternoon at 1:00 he let the legislators of the state look into this so we get to the bottom of it, and the American people know whether we have control of the direction of our government, or not.

We no longer live in a self governing republic if we can’t get the answer to this question. This is bigger than President Trump. It is a very essence of our republican form of government, and it has to be done. And anybody that is not willing to stand up to do it, does not deserve to be in the office. It is that simple.
    "He was telling the truth about one thing: it's not a self-governing republic, because people who don't like the results use their authorative, dictatorish powers and organize violent rebellion to stop it. But trying to say this wasn't his meaning or intent? He's lying. Pure and simple".

EDIT Oh, and because it came up:

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Anyone that points a weapon at another and pulls the trigger is responsible for all harm caused by that action. Ignorance of safety precautions is not an excuse.
    Does that apply to mobs of violent people? Asking for an Eastman.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    The tyranny of bIg TeCh:

"Twitter has admitted it amplifies more tweets from rightwing politicians and news outlets than content from leftwing sources.

The social media platform examined tweets from elected officials in seven countries – the UK, US, Canada, France, Germany, Spain and Japan. It also studied whether political content from news organisations was amplified on Twitter, focusing primarily on US news sources such as Fox News, the New York Times and BuzzFeed.

The study compared Twitter’s “Home” timeline – the default way its 200 million users are served tweets, in which an algorithm tailors what users see – with the traditional chronological timeline where the most recent tweets are ranked first.

The research found that in six out of seven countries, apart from Germany, tweets from rightwing politicians received more amplification from the algorithm than those from the left; right-leaning news organisations were more amplified than those on the left; and generally politicians’ tweets were more amplified by an algorithmic timeline than by the chronological timeline."

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...d-news-outlets
    I saw this lol.
    We can't make this stuff up.
    Not only do they decry being silenced/not having free speech whilst still being able to speak without the govt stopping them, they are in fact getting a boost from the tech that's so out to get them.
    Not sure they can play the victim card anymore than they do.

In other news, the let's go brandon idiot rapper got his dumb song banned on youtube for promoting vaxx misinformation lel