Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    So slowly die out is your ideal situation?
    I mean, this has been the case for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This accusation that they don't care is just false, stop saying they are.

Thats what catch up mechanics are for and if Blizzard let players do as much as they want when they want, they'd burn themselves out.
    You don't make bulk transfers if you care about realm health... I could excuse realm transfers back in the day but this is clearly just " get your alts of the corpse realm"

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    To be honest the current Realm situation on Retail has to exist because Blizzard just cannot make any changes to it without ten publications making articles about "WoW dead" and this in turn has lead us to this problem. Also again they benefit financially from having a new player join the wrong server and then having to pay transfer fees once they realize.

Again, I'm sad we didn't even get to see the Pristine Realm experiment. But, obviously different CEOs and a different time now and again people will always oppose it. But yeah, I miss server communities although that's why I transferred to a RP Server to at least have the last embers of it to enjoy flickering in front of my screen.

Honestly Retails server list is one of the most bizarre attempts at an illusion that I've ever seen a company attempt. Although there's the whole "Reduced Server Cost Conspiracy" stuff that exists to why this is financially reasonable.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We will have one more PTR build this week. Solo islands are still not implemented. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    To be honest the current Realm situation on Retail has to exist because Blizzard just cannot make any changes to it without ten publications making articles about "WoW dead" and this in turn has lead us to this problem. Also again they benefit financially from having a new player join the wrong server and then having to pay transfer fees once they realize.

Again, I'm sad we didn't even get to see the Pristine Realm experiment. But, obviously different CEOs and a different time now and again people will always oppose it. But yeah, I miss server communities although that's why I transferred to a RP Server to at least have the last embers of it to enjoy flickering in front of my screen.
    People invent more and more reasons why servers have less people than usual cause they think about it too much. SL had single content update in year and lost it's momentum. It's that simple. Major patch every 6 months is fine only on later stages (and we didn't even got that), early expansion must be bombarded with updates like Legion or MoP.

That's why it's true Blizzard best scenario is regroup for next expac and finish SL with 9.2. Question is if it's possible, but I could bet money it will clarify for us within a month.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-10-26 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We will have one more PTR build this week. Solo islands are still not implemented. xD

People invent more and more reasons why servers have less people than usual cause they think about it too much. SL had single content update in year and lost it's momentum. It's that simple. Major patch every 6 months is fine only on later stages (and we didn't even got that), early expansion must be bombarded with updates like Legion or MoP.

That's why it's true Blizzard best scenario is regroup for next expac and finish SL with 9.2. Question is if it's possible, but I could bet money it will clarify for us within a month.
    It is pretty surprising how many players have convinced themselves the expansion would have been just as hated if it wasn't for the drought for sure.

I mean, if it wasn't for the drought and we assume the same patch cadence as BfA, then we would already be in 9.2. Nathria would have been remembered as a really meaty first raid, and it and sanctum would likely have been disliked mostly for having final bosses difficult enough that less players than usual finished them.

Torghast would likely have been in the same spot as Islands were at 9.2. old content that you significantly outgear and really only do if you want cosmetics or want to level an alt.
    Covenants as a whole would just be a giant treasure chest of content for players that don't play several alts religiously, and even dedicated cosmetic hunters would probably still have cosmetics to farm.

The drought really does explain all the main problems players have with SL. From boring systems and raids, to excruciating plot.
    I mean honestly, we would likely already know what the final patch and boss would be by now if it wasn't for the drought.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

However, I'd much prefer going to a different planet, maybe even for two expansions in a row, exploring two major continents that are similar but also different enough. I
    This plz.
    So much cosmic potential.
    Maybe Ethereals expansion?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ethereal

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...ining-blizzcon

There won't be a Blizzconline early next year.

They say they will still put out updates and announcements though.

Cue doomsaying.

1+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard Insight is real guys, come on. We got our big confirmation and here it is. /s
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

1+ Year Old Account
    Is a surprise 10.0 Reveal stream better than having it at Blizzcon Online? I am starting to think they actually are going to wait till Gamescom and we are getting 3 patches with Shadowlands solely because of it being necessary for the narrative.

I am honestly lost at this point, the fuck is going on? PANIC

Nihil.

Hopefully they reveal the new expansion at GamesCom like they did for Legion.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, now this is starting to get concerning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Hopefully they reveal the new expansion at GamesCom like they did for Legion.
    That'll be a LONG time between expansions though. SL would have lasted for three years by the time the new expansion drops.

Could return to E3 and do it there. Or the Game Awards. Or something else in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That'll be a LONG time between expansions though. SL would have lasted for three years by the time the new expansion drops.

I can already imagine the shitstorm that will cause. It was bad enough back during WoD but at least then there was 2-3 years of horrendous Blizzard Entertainment PR failures, not to mention the "scandal" they are going through now with the sexual harassment/workplace lawsuit.

All of that... plus another 3 year long expansion that has already been riddled with terrible reception and criticism... oh man.

7+ Year Old Account
    So.... This is an interesting turn of events.

Lets hope they actually pull through with the mentioned announcements.

Formerly known as Arafal

I am guessing they will still drop 9.2 info in February. 10.0 info maybe at GamesCon. If nothing announced this year then its doesn't bode well for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of that... plus another 3 year long expansion that has already been riddled with terrible reception and criticism... oh man.
    This forum won't ever be happy with any expansion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

9.3 isn't happening, Shadowlands won't last 3 years.

"B-but then they'll rush 10.0", doesn't matter. All they need are good numbers on Day 1 to brag to Activision about.

That's what they've done with Shadowlands. Pretend it was a huge success because it had record-breaking sales on Day 1.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

You thought they would kill off zovaal so soon? Shadowlands will have a 9.2, 9.2.5, 9.3 and 9.3.5. This pretty much confirms 10.0 isn’t coming until 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...ining-blizzcon

There won't be a Blizzconline early next year.

They say they will still put out updates and announcements though.

Cue doomsaying.
    Ouch. To me that's a strong signal they are really behind schedule, and don't want anything further distracting production. I might be completely wrong, but that's how I see it...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I mean, this has been the case for years now.
    I see, it's just that last year and this year speed things up, the canceled Blizzcon isn't helping, but only fueling this.

Sad, expected, but true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This forum won't ever be happy with any expansion.
    Lets be realistic.. with so many opinions, no forum would ever be peacefull. That is what a forum is to me.. not just here.