Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That much is decidely not true...as the delon with the gun elected not to shoot Kyle when he could have done so.
    kyle was able to take action quick enough to stop him from shooting luckily. not everyone is able to do so. thankfully kyle had his weapon and was able to defend his life.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    no. this is like an innocent person going 10m down from their house and someone trying to murder them. its like that, because that IS what happened. criminals dont get to say, "well he should have stayed home so we dont murder him in cold blood", or "he shouldnt be here, we dont want to be judged for the crimes we are committing" . kyle was 100% innocent and the only victim in this case. had they not unprovoked attacked kyle, pursued him while he tried to flee, attempted to murder him, they would likely still be alive committing arson and violence to this day.
    That doesn't matter one bit. He shouldn't have been there in the first place. Nothing about what he did helped the situation. It resulted in two people being killed. A kid showing up to an already volatile situation with a rifle was a terrible idea. These right wingers are fucking nuts and want to kill people on the left. They are not making things better. They are making things worse.

It's going to happen even more now. It's 100% guaranteed that following this verdict thousands of wacko Proud Boys and others are salivating at the opportunity to kill someone they hate.

The next time one of these nut jobs murders someone we're gonna see right wingers and right wing media cheer them on... again. They want more of it. They hate people on the left and want them to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did I miss when he specifically called him a white supremacist? There's the video - which doesn't, and Biden's comment that Trump didn't disavow white supremacists - which is factually true and does not specifically name Rittenhouse (who is in the video which, again, is including Wallace's question about "white supremacists and militia groups")
    Trump refuses to disavow white supremacists is titling the video which shows, among other things, Rittenhouse. The tweet description and video are the same tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Biden will settle too. The guy has to think about his political future and his advisers are not about to let him end up in court to testify because they know he will absolutely embarrass himself and ensuring he isn't re-elected. He is already mentally deteriorating on TV. It would be career suicide for his advisers let him testify inside of a court.
    I disagree for the reasons stated.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Trump refuses to disavow white supremacists is titling the video which shows, among other things, Rittenhouse. The tweet description and video are the same tweet.

I disagree for the reasons stated.
    Well, Rittenhouse likes to hang out with white supremacists.

People are responsible for their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Lots of labelling by the liberals... slap a label on someone and then you don't actually have to make an argument. "He's a violent white supremacist" as a reason for the crime. It's such a pointless argument. You're saying he's guilty of a crime because he's violent, and your evidence that he's violent is... the act you're saying he's guilty off. It's totally circular.
    Discussing motive is not "circular". Where are you even pulling this from?

I tend to think it's less likely that he's a supremacist and more likely that he was just excited people wanted to hang out with him, but frankly, I don't care about the supremacist part of it, especially because it's a catch all label that people here are using way too freely. Law doesn't distinguish.
    If you're showing up to counter-protest against the idea that black people's lives have as much value as anyone else's, then you're a white supremacist.

I don't see how that isn't really, really fucking clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    That doesn't matter one bit. He shouldn't have been there in the first place. Nothing about what he did helped the situation. It resulted in two people being killed. A kid showing up to an already volatile situation with a rifle was a terrible idea. These right wingers are fucking nuts and want to kill people on the left. They are not making things better. They are making things worse.

It's going to happen even more now. It's 100% guaranteed that following this verdict thousands of wacko Proud Boys and others are salivating at the opportunity to kill someone they hate.

The next time one of these nut jobs murders someone we're gonna see right wingers and right wing media cheer them on... again. They want more of it. They hate people on the left and want them to die.
    he had every right to be there. someone committing criminal activity in an area does not prohibit law abiding citizens from being there. he does not lose his freedoms so others can riot and loot. kyle did not do a single thing wrong, he is a victim of violent criminals and barely escaped with his life. your victim blaming is just horrible.

I thought the jury was unanimous here?

They're privy to all the information and evidence presented. I've even seen some people say it was a stacked jury, is there any evidence of that or is it because they gave a result that they weren't expecting... or didn't want?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

If you're showing up to counter-protest against the idea that black people's lives have as much value as anyone else's, then you're a white supremacist.

more of a counter riot/ or counter looter. lmfao nothing to do with race really, if i had a business in that area, i sure as fuck would be there to defend it against those criminals (i know kyle didnt, im just saying me), that doesnt make me a supremacist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post

They're privy to all the information and evidence presented. I've even seen some people say it was a stacked jury, is there any evidence of that or is it because they gave a result that they weren't expecting... or didn't want?

a small vocal minority has trouble dealing with reality. some people still think biden is not president, and in this case, some people cant accept a black and white self defense ruling. its just delusion.

10+ Year Old Account

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that the people you're responding to don't care about any of this; not really.

They're happy that their side won. That's all it is to them; team sport. They're gloating that one of theirs was able to kill a member of the other side and get away with it scot-free.

You can't moralize or shame them into believing anything else; they have no shame to feel. They're Trump supporters, for God's sake.

If they had a moral compass or center they thought was worth arguing they might actually bother to show up in the Trump thread to try and defend their trainwreck of a twice-impeached failure of a leader. But they don't, because they know they can't and they know they lose there.

That's why they fester up in these threads when they can eek out a slight "win" for their side. And, despite what they likely want everyone to think to feign some sort of ignorance of what a dumpster fire he is, it's not because "they're just not around" in the Trump threads. Hell, I'm fairly sure some of them actually read the Trump thread and silently rue that they can't formulate a redress because they don't have a moral compass strong enough to actually argue from, as evidenced by them randomly popping in every 20 pages trying to post some trite "gotcha against the libz" before 15 posters immediately crater whatever inane thing they posted.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-11-20 at 03:57 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Alliance

They were indeed unanimous. No evidence of stacking insofar as I have seen. Just people disagreeing with the decision.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

he had every right to be there. someone committing criminal activity in an area does not prohibit law abiding citizens from being there. he does not lose his freedoms so others can riot and loot. kyle did not do a single thing wrong, he is a victim of violent criminals and barely escaped with his life. your victim blaming is just horrible.
    Doesn't matter if what he did was allowed or legal. He made poor choices and made the situation worse. He did not make things better. It was stupid and reckless to show up to an area of unrest armed. He shouldn't have been there.

He's not being made a hero by right wingers because he legally defended himself. He's being cheered on because he killed people they hate. If it was a situation where some guy killed two random people in some situation that had nothing to do with politics then this wouldn't even be in the news. He would be no hero to them. You don't see right wing media praising the many different citizens that legally defend themselves each year. This gets their blood flowing because they want lefties to get beaten and killed.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2021-11-20 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Any jury decision is, by definition, unanimous.

Even one juror saying "nah" means it's a hung jury and that means it's a mistrial without prejudice; Round 2: Fight.

That the jury came to a decision doesn't really mean much. Especially with the judge leaning his thumb on the scales.

Also, juries get shit wrong all the time. See, like, literally every single case where a convicted murderer was exonerated by DNA evidence after the fact, or something.

Plus, the concept of "beyond a reasonable doubt"; like I said earlier, if the jury's conclusion was that it was 80% likely Rittenhouse showed up to murder innocent people, that mandates a "not guilty" verdict. A "not guilty" verdict is not an exoneration. People really need to stop mistaking that.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-11-20 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Juries have to return a unanimous verdict, otherwise there is no verdict, and it's a hung jury, which is a mistrial.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

mods in here really infracting people they dont agree with. nothing in my post above was against the rules. stop hiding and projecting your bias to control a narrative. most be endus' old mod friend

mods in here really infracting people they dont agree with. nothing in my post above was against the rules. stop hiding and projecting your bias to control a narrative. most be endus' old mod friend
    jamesfrancofirsttimememe.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Oh one of these guys.

sieg heil or whatever you say to each other.
    yet this wasnt infracted

Just don't post wrongthink and you'll be safe.

inb4 the infraction

Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    Just don't post wrongthink and you'll be safe.

inb4 the infraction
    lmfao and they hide themselves while doing it with no justification only against those who they dont agree with lmfao

they cant even say why my post on the previous page was infracted because its bullshit. lol

Showing up to defend property from arsonists isn't a "counter-protest", the protest was the the courthouse the people preventing arson remained at the Car Source locations and the gas station. They were never there to oppose BLM unless you're conceding that the entire point of a BLM protest is to cause vandalism and arson.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least this thread is an easy way to find who's a murderer apologist that thinks that the sniveling little shit was "an innocent bystander" that did nothing wrong.