Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    My buddy stays online and doesn't get kicked out by staying in a cutscene.
    Is that a common trick that people use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Definitely doesn't work, I tried it during EA and it kicked me out, mid cutscene, mid dialogue selection sequence.
    Depends on the cutscene. The Endwalker credits, for example, don't kick you offline. They stated as such during one of the updates about the problems going on, because people were getting kicked offline for watching the ARR credits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by requiemfordeath View Post
    And i have to rant about pointless buttonbloat again.
    Whats the fucking point of soulsow? Its an ability you're going to be using ONCE on average, at the prepull. In combat it has a 5 sec cast time. At BEST you can squeeze in a second harvest moon if boss has a 5 second long invuln phase.
    What a waste. Feels like they added it because someone said "we NEED to give them something at this level"
    Yeah I’ve only leveled my main job scholar to 90 haven’t touched the others yet but we gained another button (well, 2 but consolation was rolled into seraph button thank god) and it pushed my pot out of my main bar. It’s really frustrating bc I play with controller and spent basically all of Shadowbringers finding the perfect setup for every job and now the thought of having to redo that for a lot of jobs (some of them had empty spaces so hopefully those are still fine) sucks.

I guess I’ll just have to put a big icon with my pot cooldown and do the annoying hotbar switch when I need it

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Etheirys (btw, is that now the official name of the planet/"star"? Everyone in the story suddenly started using it as well...)
    The only other name for the star was Hydaelyn, which I've always refused to call it instead opting for the Source, but since that was the name given to it before her existence and 6.0 is supposed to be the end of her story I would assume it's Etheirys from now on.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    The only other name for the star was Hydaelyn, which I've always refused to call it instead opting for the Source, but since that was the name given to it before her existence and 6.0 is supposed to be the end of her story I would assume it's Etheirys from now on.
    Etheirys is the unsundered version of the star now? So whenever we refer to Etheirys now we refer to both the source and its reflections. So I think ours is still called the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Depends on the cutscene. The Endwalker credits, for example, don't kick you offline. They stated as such during one of the updates about the problems going on, because people were getting kicked offline for watching the ARR credits.
    I think the EW credits are the exception here not the norm. I do know for a fact that regular cutscenes, even dungeon ones don't prevent it. I tried both.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Etheirys is the unsundered version of the star now? So whenever we refer to Etheirys now we refer to both the source and its reflections. So I think ours is still called the source.
    It's both.

One is the name of the actual planet, and the other is it's relationship to the reflections.

5+ Year Old Account
    Love the two thematic questions that are at the forefront of ShB & EW:

Shadowbringers: What if I died?

Endwalker: Why should I live?
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished the MSQ two days ago as a summoner. Quite a bit more story / cutscene heavy than I would have liked for an expansion (I feel like I only killed ~40 enemies between 80 and 90, excluding dungeons), but seeing how this patch was the end of the story it's understandable. Overall, was great 8.5/10. Zone 5 was probably my favorite, but best moment was Labyrinthos revisit, when you meet Moenbryda's parents with Urianger

Thematically, I really like the changes to the job; now I actually feel like an actual summoner rather than a DoT + filler class who every minute can nuke with Akh Morn. In practice however, I'm not much of a fan of the level 90 skill upgrades, as now every 15 seconds a huge primal appears and blocks 20-25% of my screen for a few seconds. Definitely caused at least 1 death during the final trial because Titan's huge ass was blocking my vision of an AoE. Plus, it feels like you have so much downtime as like 90% of your spells are instant cast and you have only 2 oGCDs on a 45 / 60s timer (Energy Drain and Titan's Mountain Buster).

Haven't played much of any other job so far, but from the little I've tested I really like the Enochain changes to Black Mage, even if I'm only 60. Might have to level it up next, but queues take forever as DPS and playing BLM below 60 still feels awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    Finished the MSQ two days ago as a summoner. Quite a bit more story / cutscene heavy than I would have liked for an expansion (I feel like I only killed ~40 enemies between 80 and 90, excluding dungeons), but seeing how this patch was the end of the story it's understandable. Overall, was great 8.5/10. Zone 5 was probably my favorite, but best moment was Labyrinthos revisit, when you meet Moenbryda's parents with Urianger

Thematically, I really like the changes to the job; now I actually feel like an actual summoner rather than a DoT + filler class who every minute can nuke with Akh Morn. In practice however, I'm not much of a fan of the level 90 skill upgrades, as now every 15 seconds a huge primal appears and blocks 20-25% of my screen for a few seconds. Definitely caused at least 1 death during the final trial because Titan's huge ass was blocking my vision of an AoE. Plus, it feels like you have so much downtime as like 90% of your spells are instant cast and you have only 2 oGCDs on a 45 / 60s timer (Energy Drain and Titan's Mountain Buster).

Haven't played much of any other job so far, but from the little I've tested I really like the Enochain changes to Black Mage, even if I'm only 60. Might have to level it up next, but queues take forever as DPS and playing BLM below 60 still feels awful.
    there is a quest that allows you to glamour your pet to look different, and even change its size.
    i think it was called "An Egi by Any Other Name".

in the patchnotes, there is a part about petglamour and the commands you can use for it. just crtl + f for "petglamour".
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

The ancients were fortunate in that while they lived in a paradise, they still had plenty of mysteries to solve and pursuits to give them purpose. Emet Selch was one of the most powerful casters in the whole world and he didn't even know about Dynamis. There were cultures even more advanced than they were, but upon mining out the very last of life's secrets, they had nothing left to strive for and gave up on living like the golden butterfly people. In a twisted, cynical sense, I almost wonder if Hermes inadvertently saved all life from being extinguished in the universe with his actions. If he hadn't done what he did, then the ancients would likely have reached the same ends as all the other civilizations that reached perfection eventually. Even if it took thousands of years.
    Last edited by Merie; 2021-12-15 at 07:15 AM.

Gotta love when servers die when you're at the last boss in Prae. *sigh* 45 minutes absolutely wasted.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Gotta love when servers die when you're at the last boss in Prae. *sigh* 45 minutes absolutely wasted.
    Doesn’t sound good at all

Is there no follow-up quest for doing all role quests? In ShB it was in from the beginning, was it not?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Its already looking like the two post story dungeons are the go tos to farm tomestones. Dreamscape in particular can be done so damn fast compared to any of the story related levelling dungeons its not even funny. I've found queueing for those two is getting super fast queues while the endgame roullette is staying at "50 in the queue" for a long ass time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Just random mutterings about 6.1+ below

This is just some speculation on my part. But do you guys think going forward with the story for 6.1+, they will try and lower our "power level" so to speak? I'm mainly thinking about the whole Zeno's fight and his dialogue at the end. He mentioned his life's candle in Garlemald when he talked to our character. And then brings it up again at the end fight. Where he came to the decision to use up his life's candle on this fight, and how we don't waste ours on pointless fights. So by accepting that battle, channeling so much Dynamis, and being left on the brink of death. Could that be an avenue for lowering our character power narratively?

I'm just wondering how others think they will go forward? I mean we defeated a cosmic terror and a literal monster of a man power scale wise. Along with two of the most powerful primals to ever exist. I certainly don't want too see the story go down the line of DBZ with ever increasing scales of cosmic power being thrown around. Maybe I'm going down the wrong rabbit hole and it wont happen that way. We still have Pandaemonium to deal with after all.

And sorry if this was already discussed, I haven't really dug into this thread very far
    I m also quite curious to see how this will go forward. I expect the next expansions to be a little more grounded, eventually leading to another cosmic level threat similar to the arc we just witnessed those 10 years. Perhaps Hydelyn being gone now will nerf us to some extent. That or perhaps we face beings that are not necessarily stronger than what we had before but are different enough for us to not know how to deal with them directly. Only time will tell but I dont think they ll go the DBZ route. At least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I m also quite curious to see how this will go forward. I expect the next expansions to be a little more grounded, eventually leading to another cosmic level threat similar to the arc we just witnessed those 10 years. Perhaps Hydelyn being gone now will nerf us to some extent. That or perhaps we face beings that are not necessarily stronger than what we had before but are different enough for us to not know how to deal with them directly. Only time will tell but I dont think they ll go the DBZ route. At least I hope so.
    Sorry deleted my post to move to the spoiler thread. Wasnt sure if that was the better one to have the discussion in lol

But yeah I was wondering if they would go with the Zeno's fight or the Hydaelyn route as the vehicle for lowering the power scale if they decide too. But like you said could go the other way and the threats aren't as head on to deal with, so overwhelming force isnt a viable tactic

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its already looking like the two post story dungeons are the go tos to farm tomestones. Dreamscape in particular can be done so damn fast compared to any of the story related levelling dungeons its not even funny. I've found queueing for those two is getting super fast queues while the endgame roullette is staying at "50 in the queue" for a long ass time.
    i wanna run ballads but im so fucking scared of being a burden to the party lol, btw, if im nmot mistaken currently you get the armor from tomestones, weapon from black boss and accesories from light boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Is there no follow-up quest for doing all role quests? In ShB it was in from the beginning, was it not?
    According to the patch notes the final capstone quest isn't in yet.

* Additional quests unlocked upon completing the entirety of the main scenario and all five role quest series will be added in a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    i wanna run ballads but im so fucking scared of being a burden to the party lol, btw, if im nmot mistaken currently you get the armor from tomestones, weapon from black boss and accesories from light boss?
    yeah but theres no cap for the armour this time so can farm it up quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You can equip everything 570 from the tomestones since you can farm them as much as you want in the lvl 90s dungeons (post game dungeons are way faster tho) with one 560 ring from the dungeons since the 570s are unique, the ballads are 580, so not a significant increase either way
    Overall, ilvl 560 should probably be more than enough, the rest is just learning/knowing the fight and executing it correctly (for which there are probably plenty of learning groups in the party finder)