10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Funny, considering Zovaal is just Arthas in Wrath but without WC3’s influence
    Ummm no he isn't. They're connected but they aren't the same character.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They are not changing the main player hubs. The mere fact that they chose to make War Mode activable only in the two capitals and they put all the Class trainers there, in Shadowlands, should make this obvious.

Which is why, if Turalyon does go rogue, I don't see him staying in Stormwind for long. If it's not Anduin who kicks him out, it will be someone else (maybe Alleria, then she and the Ren'dorei take control of Stormwind ).

Turalyon and his army control the Vindicaar by the way, which is a spaceship, so it shouldn't be too hard to make that their base of operations instead of Stormwind. I mean, it already is (for the Lightforged draenei at least).
    Pretty poor evidence. They could very easily change the location setting for war mode toggle to anywhere else, and there are class trainers (which barely have a function anymore) all over the place--not to mention adding class trainer NPCs is also an extremely simple thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not changing the main player hubs. The mere fact that they chose to make War Mode activable only in the two capitals and they put all the Class trainers there, in Shadowlands, should make this obvious.

Which is why, if Turalyon does go rogue, I don't see him staying in Stormwind for long. If it's not Anduin who kicks him out, it will be someone else (maybe Alleria, then she and the Ren'dorei take control of Stormwind ).

Unfortunately it's pretty obvious that Blizzard has been streamlining everything in those two cities for years, so they are not just going to make them hostile for some time. Ask yourself why the Visions of N'Zoth took place in an instanced alternate reality lol, I wonder why

Turalyon and his army control the Vindicaar by the way, which is a spaceship, so it shouldn't be too hard to make that their base of operations instead of Stormwind. I mean, it already is (for the Lightforged draenei at least).
    Given that we are likely to see changes to cross-faction play, I'm not entirely sure War Mode is necessarily going to stay exactly the same. It would not take much for Blizz to change that SW/Org flag to include the other Alliance/Horde capitals, at least the core race ones like Thunder Bluff & Ironforge. That being said, I don't wholly disagree that Stormwind is unlikely to block people out given the Portal Room. However, I could see parts of Stormwind blocked in a light bubble, such as Stormwind Keep. Would be pretty easy to reintroduce an updated Stormwind once you remove that bubble for story reasons, no reason it has to be updated before that.

Other food for thought:

Why did they update the "ruined 2 floor house" model for the Nathanos cinematic, but then for the Sylvanas cinematic they used old stormwind houses?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Given that we are likely to see changes to cross-faction play, I'm not entirely sure War Mode is necessarily going to stay exactly the same. It would not take much for Blizz to change that SW/Org flag to include the other Alliance/Horde capitals, at least the core race ones like Thunder Bluff & Ironforge. That being said, I don't wholly disagree that Stormwind is unlikely to block people out given the Portal Room. However, I could see parts of Stormwind blocked in a light bubble, such as Stormwind Keep. Would be pretty easy to reintroduce an updated Stormwind once you remove that bubble for story reasons, no reason it has to be updated before that.
    Calia's city, whatever it is, will likely be crossfaction. What's funny is that it means the Nelf city will likely ALSO be crossfaction (which makes sense, considering the Cenarion Circle never partook in the war) which may lead to some interesting story beats and plenty of asshurt fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if Azeroth "awakens" to help us defeat Zoval, and Galakrond "awakens" in Northrend, does that justify an expansion called "Awakenings"?

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    I feel like Stormwind and Orgrimmar will become hostile to players, Exodar and Silvermoon will undergo a major update, and Eldre'Thalas (or Hyjal) and Stratholme will become new capital cites.
    I was thinking maybe Orgrimmar might get closed, but I don't know how. Azshara or Magatha maybe? (Magatha flooding it would be a nice callback to when Jaina tried it)

Stratholme seems likely for Forsaken and I would bet Hyjal over Eldre'Thalas.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    As for Eldre'thalas, that would make two former Classic instances reworked into brand new capital cities with Stratholme. Hyjal is too important lore-wise to become an Alliance capital city. We'll see!
    I didn't think of the "two dungeon capitals" idea but that's clever, I like it. It also gives Azshara a reason to attack the city (she wants it back).

I don't think they would get rid of Durotar though when it's so iconic to the Horde experience. Unless they do an extensive Barrens rework and throw the Orcs in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they are going to get rid of any capitol at least not anytime soon. Not after Darnassus and Teldrassil and the reaction it had. I can see alterations to Stormwind Org and other capital cities but not adding new ones. Admittingly if they were bold they could spend several years in 10.0(I mean we get way more content patches in 10.0 to reflesh out the world). Just don't set expectations so high that they can't be reached.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think they are going to get rid of any capitol at least not anytime soon. Not after Darnassus and Teldrassil and the reaction it had. I can see alterations to Stormwind Org and other capital cities but not adding new ones. Admittingly if they were bold they could spend several years in 10.0(I mean we get way more content patches in 10.0 to reflesh out the world). Just don't set expectations so high that they can't be reached.
    I think that adding a new Nelf and Undead city is even more likely than them even touching Org and Stormwind. Because the lack of the cities means there is MISSING content, and they have made it a big deal that the two races are squatting in the capitals instead of just ignoring them and hiding the NPCs away.

When even Nobbel, THE BIGGEST WOW LORE GEEK EVER...... is disappointed by 9.2 lore and also worried how blizzard can f*ck up 10.0- you know there are some SERIOUS problems going within blizzard.

They focus too much on implementing PC stuff into the game and removing old lines and quests.... and they give 0 efforts to save 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    When even Nobbel, THE BIGGEST WOW LORE GEEK EVER...... is disappointed by 9.2 lore and also worried how blizzard can f*ck up 10.0- you know there are some SERIOUS problems going within blizzard.

They focus too much on implementing PC stuff into the game and removing old lines and quests.... and they give 0 efforts to save 10.0.
    One day people will figure out how to think for themselves instead of worrying about what a youtuber says.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the thing you're whining about? Like some things take less effort then a project like 10.0.

One day people will figure out how to think for themselves instead of worrying about what a youtuber says.
    I mean yes but in the past they have been correct. I dunno about now though. I just don't buy this doom and gloom nonsense even if one believes said criticisms.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-01-07 at 12:44 AM.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

Oh, imagine a shock if MY opinion actually matches to someone's opinion?! :O I def can't be thinking on my own then?

In fact, I've been thinking like this about WOW lore since Legion.

Having an alternate character stepping into our realm,
    summoning the Legion
    we fight them off and somehow we manage to instantly find their base planet
    then we find out that bunch of broken draenei managed to survive for THOUSANDS OF YEARS in main base of army so powerful that has destroyed countless worlds....
    and then we come in and break everything, without even triggering Sargeras? xD
    and then some sort of "world soul gets physical form" by Sargeras' command and we fight that "thing" while Sargeras is dry-humping our planet with his fiery body and 0 visible damage to our planet beside that sword stab? xD

yeah.... sounds wonderful.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the thing you're whining about? Like some things take less effort then a project like 10.0.

I don't whine. I criticize.

They should focus on fixing the very broken item they added in latest patch build- kur'talos look-a-like shoulders are clipping on multiple races. just an example.

they removed some of the funniest jokes in the game.
    Last edited by Palapop; 2022-01-07 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

Any proof of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd honestly love to see a restored Lorderan, Stratholme, Gilneas and Gnomeregan, reclaimed by the Alliance. Those four alone would push me to resub.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Any proof of this?
    I imagine the player numbers will be the proof eventually. People leaving in waves and nothing really to make it worth coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    I imagine the player numbers will be the proof eventually. People leaving in waves and nothing really to make it worth coming back.
    Thats not really proof, thats more evident people are leaving(Supposedly). This idea that Blizzard don't care is absolutely absurd.

Warrior-Magi

Thats not really proof, thats more evident people are leaving(Supposedly). This idea that Blizzard don't care is absolutely absurd.
    Whether they care or not seems ultimately irrelevant since the outcome is the decline we are witnessing. Guess we are all trying to measure something that cannot be measured accurately. I find it hard to believe that WoW is not really struggling and will continue to do so based on the current outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The Dragon themes were all there. Northrend even had 5 zones dedicated to the five dragonflights. With wyrmrest temple in the middle.
    "Dragon themes" aka the entire fantasy genre

I don't see why anyone would complain about Deathwing, he served his purpose just fine.

Deathwing was never meant to be anything more than a puppet of N'Zoth. N'Zoth was the one who orchestrated the Cataclsym and, indeed, who orchestrated Deathwing's whole descent into madness. As such, Deathwing was always meant to be a mere agent of N'Zoth, even though the Old God himself did not appear. But by the time 4.3 came out, it was clear that N'Zoth was the real boss, made evident by the sudden appearance of his armies, as well as the End Times dungeon, which shows that N'Zoth planned to get rid of Deathwing once he outlived his usefulness. Deathwing was always just a pawn of the Old God.

So it makes sense if Deathwing was perhaps boring or generic, it was the point. For all his destructive power and size, in the end he was just a toy of the Old God N'Zoth.

N'Zoth even makes fun of Deathwing during his fight, taunting him and pointing out how easily he "bent him to his will", with just "a whisper" (which makes the Ren'dorei all the more awesome, because they got far more than just one whisper and they still haven't succumbed to the Void).

Meanwhile this guy the Janitor is supposed to be one of the greatest masterminds in history and I give more fucks about his underlings than him. It's amazing how each and every one of his underlings looks cooler than the boss himself. I don't know if this was an intentional design choice but it's amazing nonetheless.
    They're complaining about the fact that Deathwing was originally written as a generally-brilliant villain, even after he was corrupted by the Old Gods. He was characterized as a psuedo-independent agent who would probably be capable of being a serious threat all by himself without having to have N'Zoth perpetually backing him up. Furthermore, all of his dialogue was functionally bland "MUAAHAHAHA YOUR WORLD WILL BE DESTROYED".

You know, the thing is that you are a single-topic poster. Perhaps you would find your posting experience more engaging if you bothered to post anything other than continuous wank for this one race that, quite frankly, most people only play because they can supplement them with High Elves.

I really don't get how in this very vast setting, the one thing you can continuously talk about is this single race. You need to be willing to go one post without pivoting into some nonsensical LARP—try posting without "Void Elves" or "Ren'Dorei" at any point. It seems almost like you think this is a roleplay forum or something.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify my confusing diction, I mean that Deathwing was a generally-competent and highly intelligent villain in WC2 and so on. When World of Warcraft came along, he was reduced to the point that he was only there to wank off the new villain in town, and he was also simply poorly-portrayed.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-01-07 at 03:58 AM.