I'm hoping we'll get some more positivity going forward as well.

Something that the investigation started to make sense to me was a hypocrisy in not always putting their money where their mouth was on how certain elements of their games would directly encourage behaviors they claimed they didn't support. I actually talked to a significant Blizzard employee years ago about a certain game topic that I have personally seen and often read outright led to bullying, and they basically finished my sentence for me proving they knew it was an issue, but to this day nothing has really been done about it (though it seems like the gears might finally be moving). Their tone suggested that it bothered them as well, but they've long since left and I suspect they were being overruled themselves. Things like that finally getting addressed will benefit everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    But one of the first "leaks" has been The List that people thought was real but was an elaborate fake list based on info like lore not yet explored, zones cut from dev or not visited yet
    Yeah, there's always been something I guess, but the scale and scope has definitely grown over time and it was much easier to filter then.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-19 at 01:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which people still insisted was real until Legion failed to fit with the predictions (because it ended after that), despite it not having gotten much of anything right that wasn't just bloody obvious.
    Nah even back in 2011 people here mostly knew it was fake outside of a few that werent well informed on it being debunked:
    Source MMO-C circa 2011: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...true-after-all (heck thinking this has been 11 years ago)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Apparently Blizzard must announce 3 things at the end of January. Someone on my discord said it. Any sources ?

(10.0, 9.2 release date, Wotlk classic ?)
    That's not some big theory: that's the most realistic guess of what would have been covered at the cancelled Feb Blizzconline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah even back in 2011 people here mostly knew it was fake outside of a few that werent well informed on it being debunked:
    Source MMO-C circa 2011: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...true-after-all (heck thinking this has been 11 years ago)
    Looking at that set of supposed places we were supposed to go to. Xorothian planes is one we haven't but thats just one demonic planet so meh and "Wolfen hold" or whatever. The emerald Dream is there to but I still think its unlikely we'll ever touch the Dream again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Looking at that set of supposed places we were supposed to go to. Xorothian planes is one we haven't but thats just one demonic planet so meh and "Wolfen hold" or whatever. The emerald Dream is there to but I still think its unlikely we'll ever touch the Dream again.
    Touch the dream probably, but I cant see it being a whole expansion due to the nature of it being pre civilized Azeroth (even tho we saw the Tauren capital in the Nightmare?) wouldn't be much diversity in terms of races and hubs there as it would be mostly druidic and green dragon hubs
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    What if it's not about dragons, but something kills all the dragons, and we try to go after whoever killed all the dragons?
    Oh shit, you heard it here first folks. 10.0 is Gruul the Dragonslayer. New continent Blades Edge Mountains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    9.1 date reveal was just like 12 days before launch. I think patch will launch 22nd February, so 10th February for blue post would be my guess.

Unlike many expansions, design is not significant issue in SL. At worst some systems feel unnecessary/pointless, but in no shape or form invasive. Biggest problems are patch schedule and scandals in Acti-Blizzard, where Kotick clearly is part of problem.
    Yeah, people forget that Shadowlands was well received for the first 4 or 5 months after launch. People started hating on it when content was taking too long, and the hate went into overdrive once the scandals started happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Shadowlands was indeed fake when I made this account, because it was in response to the fake leak with ghostly ships in Stormwind Harbour that everybody gobbled up. It's super ironic that people make fun of me for my name, when in fact I was one of the few who rightly called bullshit on that one.

But anyway, yeah. Black dragons as a race will never happen, for the same reasons Naga never happened. It's too impractical and the number of compromises they would have to make in order for it to work would just render the whole idea pointless.
    Maybe consider changing your name?

Quote Originally Posted by pewpmeiser View Post
    Get ready for a lot of dragons and old god stuff.
    so after years of speculation by the playerbase. Is Blizzard even considering a major revamp for old zones at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    so after years of speculation by the playerbase. Is Blizzard even considering a major revamp for old zones at all?
    For what? I don't get this need some people have for an old world revamp. We just need good content in the new landmass the current expansion is set it.

Having world quests or dailys or w/e in the barrens isn't gonna magically fix wow.

Don't get me wrong having updated content for old zones is great when it happens, but we don't need some massive overhaul like we got in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    For what? I don't get this need some people have for an old world revamp. We just need good content in the new landmass the current expansion is set it.

Having world quests or dailys or w/e in the barrens isn't gonna magically fix wow.

Don't get me wrong having updated content for old zones is great when it happens, but we don't need some massive overhaul like we got in cata.
    It’s mainly because the fact the old world is huge and pretty fun

Personally I love the idea of zidormii to make old zones fun

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Because I want to see EK and Kalimdor designed the way they design zones and content now. Make them evergreen and give you reasons to go out and explore them and participate in content vs theyre dead the moment you hit 50 like they are now.
    Plants vs Zombies quest becomes a WQ

The Endless Dream
    - Level 70
    - Cross-facton grouping for all new content but not older stuff
    - Two new races - Elarian and the Solline - they are very pale alien looking people and cat people who worship the sun
    - 6 zones revamped - Hyjal (Alliance only), Lordaeron (Horde only), Silithus, Duskwood, Barrens, Hinterlands - although many other zones aren't updated but used as part of the story
    - New dungeons will be very nostaglic - Wailing chasm, Tyr's Fall, Timbermaw depths, Moonbrook cellars, AQ dungeon, Maraudon and some others
    - There's a dream world / living world type of element to all the zones which has to do with the Emerald Dream fading away after the events of the Shadowlands. The dream world is easily twisted by outside forces is seeping into the living world allowing them to create a new reality. The pantheon of the living are revealed to all be the myths and legends from the various races of Azeroth. They help you restore the dream piece by piece
    - Alliance and Horde races reconnect with eachother - Dwarves help Tauren find their titan origin, humans and undead discover their ancestory and the sacred line of kings, trolls and night elves uncover the schism that Elune created and why some rejected her
    - The end of Battle for Azeroth will be very important
    - Raid is Elunaria but starts out on Azeroth's white moon in a titan facility, have to save Elune from forces of oblivion - Tyrande will die but is reborn as Elune's daughter and watch over Azeroth on the Blue Child

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaTorath View Post
    The Endless Dream
    - Level 70
    - Cross-facton grouping for all new content but not older stuff
    - Two new races - Elarian and the Solline - they are very pale alien looking people and cat people who worship the sun
    - 6 zones revamped - Hyjal (Alliance only), Lordaeron (Horde only), Silithus, Duskwood, Barrens, Hinterlands - although many other zones aren't updated but used as part of the story
    - New dungeons will be very nostaglic - Wailing chasm, Tyr's Fall, Timbermaw depths, Moonbrook cellars, AQ dungeon, Maraudon and some others
    - There's a dream world / living world type of element to all the zones which has to do with the Emerald Dream fading away after the events of the Shadowlands. The dream world is easily twisted by outside forces is seeping into the living world allowing them to create a new reality. The pantheon of the living are revealed to all be the myths and legends from the various races of Azeroth. They help you restore the dream piece by piece
    - Alliance and Horde races reconnect with eachother - Dwarves help Tauren find their titan origin, humans and undead discover their ancestory and the sacred line of kings, trolls and night elves uncover the schism that Elune created and why some rejected her
    - The end of Battle for Azeroth will be very important
    - Raid is Elunaria but starts out on Azeroth's white moon in a titan facility, have to save Elune from forces of oblivion - Tyrande will die but is reborn as Elune's daughter and watch over Azeroth on the Blue Child
    I like how you incorporated the waking world datamine - IIRC Chronicles #1 (if that still counts for much) speculated that the Emerald Dream was literally Azeroth's dream, so if she gets woken up by the Jailer's murderising then it would stand to reason that the Dream would be impacted. I could see a mechanic forcing you to swap between reality and the 'blueprint' version to triage the ensuing chaos.

Even managed to work in FFXIV parallels with the moon. Astounding.

Because I want to see EK and Kalimdor designed the way they design zones and content now. Make them evergreen and give you reasons to go out and explore them and participate in content vs theyre dead the moment you hit 50 like they are now.
    See this just reeks of "you think you do, but you don't"

Again, making some old zone world quests, or w/e would fizzle out super fast. Keep in mind we need a new landmass and yet people want quests in freaking ferelas or desolace. For what????

Look in cata it made sense since it was super dated, but even cata had a new "land mass" in the form of spread out zones.

That's not gonna happen again.

The most we'll get is a few updated zones here and there where it makes sense. Like uldum and the vale during 8.3. expecting revamp cata style 2.0 is silly.

Plus, this is the reason why we got exiles reach and starting in bfa. So that new players start right where the story makes sense for them and is the most updated
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-01-19 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So systems outside of raid worked fine, even in the expansion that gave the player 3-4 quests tied to the raid and absolutely nothing else of value to take inside?

Also, what are you talking about with armor traits in BfA being RNG? Every single piece of Azerite had fixed traits.
    If you are going to shittalk BfA at least do it with problems that were real and not made up.
    Closing your eyes doesn’t make these problems not real or go away. I mean seriously, you think RNG was the only issue? It takes a clusterfuck to create a snowball effect.

I already listed them elsewhere, as many others have on Mmoc, Reddit, official forums and WoWhead. Can’t be arsed to list it again. Too many problems to detail, and too obvious to waste energy on if you paid attention to changes throughout the years.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-01-19 at 05:33 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it is too early for WotLK classic announcement.

Maybe like they usually do on Blizzcon, the Whats Next announcement has info for expac (10.0) and the next patch (if we were to get 9.2.5)
    Black Temple isn't even out yet yet people keep talking about Wrath Classic.

Come back next year for that, folks.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Again, making some old zone world quests, or w/e would fizzle out super fast. Keep in mind we need a new landmass and yet people want quests in freaking ferelas or desolace. For what????
    Why do we need new landmass if people want to quest in old zones?

Look in cata it made sense since it was super dated, but even cata had a new "land mass" in the form of spread out zones.
    Cata-revamped zones are now more dated than vanilla-original zones were when revamp happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I like how you incorporated the waking world datamine - IIRC Chronicles #1 (if that still counts for much) speculated that the Emerald Dream was literally Azeroth's dream, so if she gets woken up by the Jailer's murderising then it would stand to reason that the Dream would be impacted. I could see a mechanic forcing you to swap between reality and the 'blueprint' version to triage the ensuing chaos.

Even managed to work in FFXIV parallels with the moon. Astounding.
    Funny. This was meant to be the planned mechanic for Shadowlands early WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    Why do we need new landmass if people want to quest in old zones?

Cata-revamped zones are now more dated than vanilla-original zones were when revamp happened.
    I'm pretty sure the majority want a new land mass and not desolace....

I doubt that claim on cata compared to vanilla by like a lot. What's ur back up

A calendar. The only thing older than Cata now is TBC/Northrend but if they ever touched those the classic andys would lose their shit.
    they don't even need to anyway

The current leveling revamp for new players made a cata like revamp obsolete. I mean besides flying in old world, the main purpose for cata revamp was to revitalize the leveling experience for new and old players.

The current leveling experience makes such an overhaul unneeded. New players are sent straight to the previous expansion following exiles reach. No need to worry about outdated 1-60 content.

We need to keep going forward, simple as that. Now if the story demands annupdated thousand needles or plague lands then. I'm sure they'll give the the same treatment darkshore, arathi, uldum,silithus, got in BFA.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-01-19 at 07:24 AM.