Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Hannity was literally the White House Communications Director...
    Fox News's hosts were functionally active cabinet members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was her now infamous binder just full of email correspondence on what the answers should be to questions, given by Hannity, rather than created by her?
    Maybe, but in this specific case the answer is far simpler.

McEnemy had no experience, no qualifications, no moral or ethical standing, no nothing that prepared her for what Trump did. I mean, who does? Who has "I once helped an insurrection" on their resume? And her position put her front and center in the mess she very likely had nothing to do with and light-years out of her control or influence. Hannity, whose involvement we already know about, might have been stepping in, but she might have begged him for help because Trump didn't listen to her, respect her, or treat her with the dignity most human being give other human beings...or even dogs.

Also even Hannity was struggling on this one.

McEnemy is due zero credit, she was a waste of government pay who did nothing other than use up valuable oxygen. But I'm not going to blame her for begging for help when her boss suddenly turns into a murderous insurrectionist. And she knew her word, her opinion, her job meant nothing to Trump by itself. Hell, at that point, I would not have blamed her for making up shit and claiming Hannity said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fox News's hosts were functionally active cabinet members.
    Is that like... the Fake News Deep State?

Can we just them the Fake State?

Or just Deep Fake?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...2024-elections

Trump, apparently unaware that his voters are already almost the only voters picked up for voter fraud, encourages his voters to commit voter fraud in 2022 and 2024.

“‘Sir … we’re proud Americans, you know they won’t do it. They won’t do it.’” The former president then encouraged Republicans to tinker with elections to ensure their candidates win: “I say if it’s good for [Democrats], why aren’t the Republicans doing the same kind of thing with the ballots? You know, the [mail-in] ballots they used COVID as another method of cheating.”
    Now, obviously we know that this was never said to Trump by his aides. How do we know that?

Sir

Every time Trump say someone called him "Sir" at the start of a statement, it's been proven to be a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thedailybeast.com/madiso...ffairs-hearing

Republicans: WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND VETERANS!

Also Republicans: Well, this VA hearing about how toxic chemicals are killing US soldiers is just so fucking boring. Let me take time while Air Force veteran Jen Burch is testifying to clean my handgun during a livestream.

Why? Because he doesn't give a shit about troops and was just happy to have an opportunity to virtue signal.

Normally I'd say this doesn't deserve attention, like the Boebert comment about Jewish tourists doing "recon" because that's just low-effort bait that's honestly not worth responding to.

But this is fucking about during a literal work meeting, and this level of bullshit would get you bounced out of any professional environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd give her more credit if she didn't start her role telling people she wouldn't lie, and then go right into the lying.
    For more on this, consult this Sept 2020 article. Yes, Sept not Oct, in Oct she caught COVID and for once had a legit reason not to hold press conferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Is that like... the Fake News Deep State?

Can we just them the Fake State?

Or just Deep Fake?
    Far underground tubers.
    Deeps Taters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 5 year anniversary of Richard Spencer getting punched in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Richard Bertrand Spencer, the white nationalist head of National Policy Institute, is one of the leading figures of the alt-right movement. His defunct publication Alternative Right, once published an essay titled “Is Black Genocide Right?” He himself has called for the “peaceful ethnic cleansing” of the United States for the creation of a white-ethno state.

Today in Washington, Richard Spencer was punched in the face.

In Gif form. It looked like a pale fisted vigilante, a Batman type character, assaulted him.

Moments after Richard Spencer was punched in the video above, he was reportedly punched in the face again.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit that was five years ago? I thought that happened in 2019 lmao.

Wait, how the hell did I manage to miss a story about a super racist asshat getting punched in the face? Twice. On the same day. That would be one of the best days of 2018.
    Happy 5th year of getting punched in the face Mr. Spencer. May you get punched twice in the face on the same day again soon.

Just a note, I do not condone or advocate for punching people in the face. Twice. On the same day, even if they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    i mean this is an oddly opportunistic moment for Trump to stoke support depending on what Biden says or does

let's say the next morning Russia invades Ukraine and wildly gun down everyone they see. Biden just makes a speech condemning russia but saying he won't do anything, personally

trump or a promising GOP strongman can chime right in after and say "if you elect me i will upturn those russian bastards" and the scared masses will buy it.
    My question is outside of some parts of the EU, who is scared of Russia? Is it the same people who wore a "I'd rather be Russian than a Democrat" shirt.

We finally know what Republicans stand for!
    Foreign relations...like...what kinda relations are we talking about here? Getting to know folks from abroad? Or getting to know folks from abroad in the Biblical sense?

Foreign relations...like...what kinda relations are we talking about here? Getting to know folks from abroad? Or getting to know folks from abroad in the Biblical sense?
    If we are talking about Trump republicans, it would be to pay people to smack you on the ass with a magazine that has your face on the cover. Then afterwards, getting peed on. Allegedly.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...io/6599607001/

We fought to seat the electors. The Trump campaign asked us to do that. I'm under a lot of scrutiny for that today
    Michigan Republican Party Co-Chair, Meshawn Maddock.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    My question is outside of some parts of the EU, who is scared of Russia?
    everyone except china and the middle east
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Hey does that mean he should receive five punches in the face? I mean it should be a tradition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan Republican Party Co-Chair, Meshawn Maddock.
    There's more. As CNN reports, it was Team Trump across the board.

Trump campaign officials, led by Rudy Giuliani, oversaw efforts in December 2020 to put forward illegitimate electors from seven states that Trump lost, according to three sources with direct knowledge of the scheme.

The sources said members of former President Donald Trump's campaign team were far more involved than previously known in the plan, a core tenet of the broader plot to overturn President Joe Biden's victory when Congress counted the electoral votes on January 6.

Giuliani and his allies coordinated the nuts-and-bolts of the process on a state-by-state level, the sources told CNN. One source said there were multiple planning calls between Trump campaign officials and GOP state operatives, and that Giuliani participated in at least one call. The source also said the Trump campaign lined up supporters to fill elector slots, secured meeting rooms in statehouses for the fake electors to meet on December 14, 2020, and circulated drafts of fake certificates that were ultimately sent to the National Archives.

Trump and some of his top advisers publicly encouraged the "alternate electors" scheme in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Arizona, Wisconsin, Nevada and New Mexico. But behind the scenes, Giuliani and Trump campaign officials actively choreographed the process, the sources said.

Maddock
    (points above)

was also one of the 16 Trump supporters from Michigan who served as fake electors and signed the illegitimate certificate that was sent to the National Archives.

"It was Rudy and these misfit characters who started calling the shots," a former Trump campaign staffer said. "The campaign was throwing enough sh*t at the wall to see what would stick."
    We already know at least state, maybe federal, investigations are underway. Multiple, in fact.

Trump had just lost the election, fairly. His ego couldn't take it and he was flailing like a beached elephant seal. The murderous insurrection was bad enough, but at least an apparently heavily armed crowd of thousands is obvious. Fake electors? That's not something you can claim accidentally popped up out of nowhere.

When these fake electors are caught and arrested, they've already had a year plus of seeing how Trump, well, "oath keeps" his promises and helps those who helped him. It's the same way he pays his employees: he doesn't. And they have text/phone records. Every single one of them is going to ask "will I be the one who gets a deal first?"

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone except china and the middle east
    Yeah, no.

The United States is not afraid of Russia any more than a lion is pestered by a particularly noisy mosquito buzzing in its face.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There's more. As CNN reports, it was Team Trump across the board.

(points above)

We already know at least state, maybe federal, investigations are underway. Multiple, in fact.

Trump had just lost the election, fairly. His ego couldn't take it and he was flailing like a beached elephant seal. The murderous insurrection was bad enough, but at least an apparently heavily armed crowd of thousands is obvious. Fake electors? That's not something you can claim accidentally popped up out of nowhere.

When these fake electors are caught and arrested, they've already had a year plus of seeing how Trump, well, "oath keeps" his promises and helps those who helped him. It's the same way he pays his employees: he doesn't. And they have text/phone records. Every single one of them is going to ask "will I be the one who gets a deal first?"
    To go along with this, it was John Eastman, and Christina Bobb that were the so called "brains" behind this bullshit. John Eastman should be disbarred just like Rudy is, and Christina Bobb, if you don't know who that is, is a "reporter" from OANN. She pushed the big lie and the fake electors angle and voter fraud myths on OANN for Trump. All 3 of them should be brought up on seditious conspiracy charges as well for trying to overthrow the election, and ALL 59 of those fake electors, should be brought up on charges as well. Not a single one of them should get a fucking deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Bobb
    Funny you should mention that name. Just posted that on another thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    people want this image of strength
    That people look at Trump and say "that man exudes strength" just shows how deeply delusional Trump supporters are.

Meanwhile in reality people see a man who can barely walk, who whines incessantly, and whose skin couldn't possibly be any thinner.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.