Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    So what your telling us that a secondary character didn’t fall down a hill to your satisfaction in a very brief scene?

Maybe the problem here is you just need to relax a little.
    nah it summed up the show with all these cheesy moments from the worst kind of B movies.

Back to wheel of time, I didnt think it was great but it was passable. Its not something I would ever find myself watching repeats of. (much like GOT tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    nah it summed up the show with all these cheesy moments from the worst kind of B movies.

Back to wheel of time, I didnt think it was great but it was passable. Its not something I would ever find myself watching repeats of. (much like GOT tbh)
    No the rest of the series is much better than that.

Also better than the Wheel of Time. Neither are A+ Entertainment but at least the Witcher is willing to give us some entertaining schlock.

Well, the rumor was correct earlier...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol that they framed Hawkwing in that way just absolutely reeks of 'muh female supremacy' bullshit that these fucking hacks have projected so hard into the series so far. I'm gonna enjoy watching this shit show die it's miserable death.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Not even a mention of Matt or Perrin? Woe to my wolf brother. Also agree they are really pushing Arthur to look like he hates woman rather the who the character was, oh agenda media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

This is good news.

Now it'll get cancelled for sure

what's with the spelling errors so glaring even I can see them? what is the actual source of that pic?

The pic is from dragonmount. The one posting was the same that rumored episode 8. So it shouldn't come as a surprise if accurate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Lol that they framed Hawkwing in that way just absolutely reeks of 'muh female supremacy' bullshit that these fucking hacks have projected so hard into the series so far. I'm gonna enjoy watching this shit show die it's miserable death.
    To be fair that is essentially what he (and his descendants) did in both Randland and Seanchan. Challenge the White Tower and then sent armies over seas that took over a huge continent filled with "Aes Sedi led micro nations".

Question 10 at https://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=183
    No, pre-Consolidation Seanchan was a quilt of petty kingdoms, or queendoms, if you will, ruled by Aes Sedai, with no unifying power. More Aes Sedai died by assassination than by any other means. They ruled by use of the One Power, gathering a small group of other women around them who could channel, constantly struggling for power against other small groups of women who could channel, who ruled their own small kingdoms, and the constantly shifting quilt—because if the wrong woman died or the right woman died in a particular country, or small fieflet, whatever, small kingdom, it would be absorbed by those around it—there were two continents of almost continual rolling open warfare: there’s war here, war here, war here, war there, stop here, now there, now here, now stop there, okay this could go on here, and constant plotting and scheming, because the only way to rise to the top is if you were and Aes Sedai is to kill those ahead of you. The most common means of death for an Aes Sedai, or cause of death for an Aes Sedai there was assassination. That is the world in which Arthur Hawkwing’s army arrived and began the Consolidation.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-01-26 at 04:55 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This has to be fake right? Just reads like what people would want Rafe to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    This has to be fake right? Just reads like what people would want Rafe to admit.
    We don't know if it's fake or not, but it comes from the same source as the leak about ep08 - which people also said was surely going to be fake, but was not fake.

I look forward to hate-watching this disaster.

Fewer locations - that might be because budget was lowered.

Rand spent about 5 seconds actually in falme in the books, guess they're gonna skip his whole story and go straight to madness in season 2. Pacing doesn't matter I guess. Wonder if they're going to make Hawkwing a channeler and have him go mad too.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2022-01-26 at 05:49 AM.

Sorry, but what? Since when do you call the adventures of a bunch of people in their early Twenties a "coming of age" story...... like, you missed the mark by a good half decade or more there friend. A "coming of age" story is about a kid growing into being an adult, not an adult becoming slightly more worldly because they are forced to leave home.....

If true, it also sounds like they are going to completely skip the whole Betrayal / Enslaved by the Seanchan story arc for Egwene, since her and Nynaeve spend a grand total of like a week "traversing being Novices" in the book before that all went down if memory serves.

Going to be really interesting to see if Rafe has the balls to actually properly do Seanchan society, with the leashed ones and slave servitude that makes the absolute worst moments of the american south look positively friendly by comparison. Somehow I get the feeling that he won't get even vaguely close to the books. Wonder if they will actually do the "monster" elements of their army. Seem to remember they had the giant evil Toad things (Grolm?) and some kind of Lizard/Chocobo type critter as combat animals in parts of their forces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    To be fair that is essentially what he (and his descendants) did in both Randland and Seanchan. Challenge the White Tower and then sent armies over seas that took over a huge continent filled with "Aes Sedi led micro nations".
    Well, to be fair, he never actually went "completely" hostile against the tower on his own though. The Consolidation of Randland under Hawkwings "Empire" never involved the White Tower, and he ruled that Empire for nearly 20+ years before he was manipulated into his crusade against the Tower by one of the forsaken.

I am also not sure it's really appropriate to call the stuff that wend down on the Seanchan continent a contest between Aes Sedai either. Just because you are able to channel doesn't make you Aes Sedai, and even if they still went by the title, there's a pretty good case to be made that "Aes Sedai of the Tower" and "Rogue Aes Sedai" from other places are two separate things.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2022-01-26 at 05:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I am also not sure it's really appropriate to call the stuff that wend down on the Seanchan continent a contest between Aes Sedai either. Just because you are able to channel doesn't make you Aes Sedai, and even if they still went by the title, there's a pretty good case to be made that "Aes Sedai of the Tower" and "Rogue Aes Sedai" from other places are two separate things.
    You can ignore the Author if you want but it doesn't change that it is the Author that called the channelers in Seanchan Aes Sedai. I can't find anything to back it up right now but I'm pretty sure it is implied they were there since the breaking of the world and descendants of those that survived much like the White Tower is. They just didn't take the same track as those in Randland did.

Just like it doesn't matter if Artur Hawkwing was hellbent on destroying Aes Sedai and the tower from the start. It is still something he did. Your argument is like saying well a murderer can't be called a murderer because there was a time in the life when they didn't murder anyone.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You can ignore the Author if you want but it doesn't change that it is the Author that called the channelers in Seanchan Aes Sedai. I can't find anything to back it up right now but I'm pretty sure it is implied they were there since the breaking of the world and descendants of those that survived much like the White Tower is. They just didn't take the same track as those in Randland did.

Just like it doesn't matter if Artur Hawkwing was hellbent on destroying Aes Sedai and the tower from the start. It is still something he did. Your argument is like saying well a murderer can't be called a murderer because there was a time in the life when they didn't murder anyone.
    He did it ONLY after being manipulated by a forsaken, there is a significant difference and if you can't see that you need to stay out of conversations with nuances. IIRC before he was manipulated by Ishamael(?) he actually had Aes Sedai governing quite a bit of his empire, and it was only when Ishamael convinced him that the Aes Sedai had killed his first wife and children that he started the siege of the white tower. Also his war wasn't at all for superiority/control, it was vengeance for his dead wife and kid.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

There is a HUGE difference between the Author himself calling them Aes Sedai, and the Author saying that Artur Hawkwings Son referred to them as Aes Sedai. It's literally the same thing as Columbus calling the North American Natives "Indians" because he thought he landed in India. WE know they aren't actually Indian, and any author writing about the story also knows they aren't actually Indian, but they will still refer to them as Indian when using Columbus's voice. Just because Luthair encountered channeling women on the other side of the ocean and may have decided to refer to them by the only Title he had ever been familiar with using for women who channel doesn't immediately make them the same as the women from the White Tower. Unless you can find a specific example of the author himself referring to them as Aes Sedai while not making the comment from the point of view of an in character observation by one of his characters, your assertion is suspect, at best.

And sorry, but yes, the reason behind Hawkwings feud with the Tower is kind of important, considering that basically the ENTIRE thing was orchestrated by one of the forsaken in a deliberate effort to set back the progress of Civilization. That context puts an entirely different spin on the history leading up to the Hundred Years War, which was the event that literally created the setting the book series starts off in, by setting up the nations and political state of the world as it is.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2022-01-26 at 06:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    He did it ONLY after being manipulated by a forsaken, there is a significant difference and if you can't see that you need to stay out of conversations with nuances. IIRC before he was manipulated by Ishamael(?) he actually had Aes Sedai governing quite a bit of his empire, and it was only when Ishamael convinced him that the Aes Sedai had killed his first wife and children that he started the siege of the white tower. Also his war wasn't at all for superiority/control, it was vengeance for his dead wife and kid.
    There is no difference because it was still done. You are getting lost in the details when it doesn't actually matter because it was still something that took place in the Lore of the books.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a HUGE difference between the Author himself calling them Aes Sedai, and the Author saying that Artur Hawkwings Son referred to them as Aes Sedai.
    The quote I provided doesn't say it was something that was introduced by the Son. You are trying to claim you know more then the Author of the books and that the Author was wrong. Weird, right?

The reason for the fued is not important because it still happened. The show made no mention of the reason for the feud being different because the fued was all about the superiority of the Tower. How different it will be remains to be seen but getting angry about it now is just being angry for the sake of it.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-01-26 at 06:41 AM.

There is a HUGE difference between the Author himself calling them Aes Sedai, and the Author saying that Artur Hawkwings Son referred to them as Aes Sedai. It's literally the same thing as Columbus calling the North American Natives "Indians" because he thought he landed in India. WE know they aren't actually Indian, and any author writing about the story also knows they aren't actually Indian, but they will still refer to them as Indian when using Columbus's voice. Just because Luthair encountered channeling women on the other side of the ocean and may have decided to refer to them by the only Title he had ever been familiar with using for women who channel doesn't immediately make them the same as the women from the White Tower. Unless you can find a specific example of the author himself referring to them as Aes Sedai while not making the comment from the point of view of an in character observation by one of his characters, your assertion is suspect, at best.

And sorry, but yes, the reason behind Hawkwings feud with the Tower is kind of important, considering that basically the ENTIRE thing was orchestrated by one of the forsaken in a deliberate effort to set back the progress of Civilization. That context puts an entirely different spin on the history leading up to the Hundred Years War, which was the event that literally created the setting the book series starts off in, by setting up the nations and political state of the world as it is.
    We need to stop engaging the trolls mate, it isn't worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    We need to stop engaging the trolls mate, it isn't worth it.
    A person isn't a troll just because you disagree with them. Just like the blurb about the show isn't far from the books because as you and the other poster stated Hawkwing did take on the Tower even if it wasn't the entirety of his life.

A person isn't a troll just because you disagree with them. Just like the blurb about the show isn't far from the books because as you and the other poster stated Hawkwing did take on the Tower even if it wasn't the entirety of his life.
    Stating that details don't matter is trolling, the reasons someone does something can be just as if not more important than the thing they do, hence why we have murder 1, second degree, manslaughter, etc. You ignoring details because they don't align with whatever agenda you want to push is trolling. I am done with you.