Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    There are some differences, actually.

Also its an admitted fake.
    Oh i know that, I'm saying that the fact it's the exact same layout than the previous legitimate leak is too much of a coincidence, so makes the fakeness obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I dunno why you people think they invented the Jailer for Shadowlands, when Legion had pretty clear references to them planning basic story beats at least that far back.
    There was evidence of planning for a Shadowlands plot and the underlying afterlife plot.

Expansion announcement trailer is full cgi
    Opens with a shot of Azeroth in space
    Camera slowly moves in toward planet as several
    characters speak parts of the script
    First line is "Our home..."
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

I mean they do have a concept floating out there already called Spirit that, though not emotionally-linked, functions in a very similar way.
    Someone caught it, at least.

That being said, I do feel that they've tried to move away from "spirit" as an element of their universe. Shamans were nearly entirely eviscerated from anything that had to do with Spirit or Nature to posture them as wholly Elemental, although a few relics remain (like Spirit Wolf, Astral Recall, Far Sight, etc.).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    M'kay.

/10 homeless azerothians
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I dunno why you people think they invented the Jailer for Shadowlands, when Legion had pretty clear references to them planning basic story beats at least that far back.
    Oh come on, there's a HUGE difference between "There's a dangerous entity beyond the realm of death" than making the Jailer be responsible for pretty much everything that has happened in WoW.

I mean they do have a concept floating out there already called Spirit that, though not emotionally-linked, functions in a very similar way.
    Spirit isn’t a concept in its own fundamental state tf? Time, eternity, those would be constructs in 3rd dimensional areas but In abstract realms that are in the lesser parts of Cosmic areas, CONCEPTS of Time and Space matter not and if they did, would only work for areas linked with order

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Or…that just means the source of all creation in WoW synergized to such a degree that the events of the narrative allowed Zovaal to be freed as crazy powerful as he was, and at like the perfect moment? Would explain a bit tbh
    That doesn't sound reasonable. They also do point out that it's explicitly "luck". It seems like it's saying that variables just so happened to line up that way. This honestly is much better for the rest of canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Spirit isn’t a concept tf?
    ... wat? They literally mention it in Chronicles as a fifth element. It's Chi, what Monks use. It balances the elements. The reason why Azeroth's elementals are chaotic is because she ate up all the spirit.

Sylvanas follows with "..is a prison and I will set us all free -- again!"
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Oh come on, there's a HUGE difference between "There's a dangerous entity beyond the realm of death" than making the Jailer be responsible for pretty much everything that has happened in WoW.
    You guys are all blind! Clearly, the Jailer predates the WarCraft franchise itself. When WarCraft was conceived, it was originally intended to be a Warhammer game, but the licensing agreement fell through. At around the same time, the fifth Chaos God, Malice, disappeared from the Warhammer franchise. Clearly, he escaped into the WarCraft franchise and has been manipulating things since before day one, taking the mantle of the Jailer! /s

You know, I honestly think that the Jailer would have been more interesting if they really leant into the whole "predetermined universe" aspect.
    Imagine if his plans for escaping the Maw were literally just waiting until everything fell into place. He knows that he will eventually escape and get to Zereth Mortis, so instead of exerting much effort he just wait patiently for minions to come to him.

Would havegiven a neat twist to his character if nothing else.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Heck did he do to her?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24dtddMT07k
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You know, I honestly think that the Jailer would have been more interesting if they really leant into the whole "predetermined universe" aspect.
    Imagine if his plans for escaping the Maw were literally just waiting until everything fell into place. He knows that he will eventually escape and get to Zereth Mortis, so instead of exerting much effort he just wait patiently for minions to come to him.

Would havegiven a neat twist to his character if nothing else.
    Eh, sounds like an Orcus on his Throne. As much as he sucks as a villain, at least he's active (see: relative to, say, Lich King in WotLK.)

"-in the middle of our street!"

Spirit isn’t a concept in its own fundamental state tf? Time, eternity, those would be constructs in 3rd dimensional areas but In abstract realms that are in the lesser parts of Cosmic areas, CONCEPTS of Time and Space matter not and if they did, would only work for areas linked with order
    So, here you're talking exclusively about abstract concepts? That would include simultaneity and happenstance.

I kinda miss last season
    We had Jericho shown to be a one and done leaker with no information while he went on about lawyers and people went on to debunk his excuses

Then we had the guy pretending to be a dev that literally GUESSED 8.2.5 and 8.3 with enough accuracy to make people discuss the possibility of him being legit when in reality the closest he has to a blizz connection is his dumbass cousin that lasted about 6 months.

We also had the fake SL leaks that led to streamer saying on Asmongold’s stream “my friend has confirmed the legitimacy of the name and why would she confirm that if the leak wasn’t real” and the streamers mentioning a new class

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That doesn't sound reasonable. They also do point out that it's explicitly "luck". It seems like it's saying that variables just so happened to line up that way. This honestly is much better for the rest of canon.

- - - Updated - - -

... wat? They literally mention it in Chronicles as a fifth element. It's Chi, what Monks use. It balances the elements. The reason why Azeroth's elementals are chaotic is because she ate up all the spirit.
    That’s uhhh not a concept. It comes from a concept but that’s really it. As for the others…well that’s not really the whole ordeal in terms of wtf Ephemera is lol

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I kinda miss last season
    I have to admit that this year is relatively muted. Although that's to be expected, given the current state of the game and that we have no hard date of when we'll actually learn about the expansion.

That’s uhhh not a concept. It comes from a concept but that’s really it. As for the others…well that’s not really the whole ordeal in terms of wtf Ephemera is lol
    I just corrected myself—I misunderstood what you meant in saying "concept". Examples of abstract concepts would include happenstance and simultaneity. There is no underlying physical law of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Eh, sounds like an Orcus on his Throne. As much as he sucks as a villain, at least he's active (see: relative to, say, Lich King in WotLK.)
    Not to say that he would be inactive, but that he would base his plans on having insider knowledge in a sense, rather than trying to make him this hyperintelligent chessmaster.
    Even completely overdone tropes can be done well, and the concept of a villain that knows how to take advantage of situations as they pop up are a somewhat rare treat in modern writing, especially with a twist like that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!