Also I'm so proud of you guys, we are nearly at 2500, just as predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Well Scaleface will likely earn his right to rub this in everyone's face who doubted him, though I'm more concerned about that Dracthyr model, something about it looks off, especially the head.
    Agreed! That's exactly where I thought it deviated too much. That and the wing mesh have me suspicious.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm so proud of you guys, we are nearly at 2500, just as predicted.
    Not close enough, sadly. I think we won't be there by the reveal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    I think at one point in time it WAS a relic of the past.

But now MMO trends are moving back towards "Lets throw in some RPG elements and give you some freedomin the class again."

And while cookie cutter specs of classic were a failed attempt at that, it doesn't mean the idea couldn't be revisited .
    That, and I think with things like Soulslikes fully joining the mainstream, a lot of old trends of difficulty and RPG elements are being reexamined.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Fair enough. I'd keep looking around a bit, but I do wonder how Axaron got ahold of the images in the first place if they're real. Seems like Scaleface wasn't taking credit, so if they are real, where did he get them?
    Based off of how they were talking, I have to wonder if they got it from the same source but said source is incomplete. The Dragon people models are very obviously not finished, and I'll be honest for a mock up UI I kind of do agree the above is really messy. But it's likely messy because we don't have the full explanation.

Agreed! That's exactly where I thought it deviated too much. That and the wing mesh have me suspicious.
    Something about it just doesn't look like a Blizzard model to me. The textures and polygons do, but something about the design of the head and neck along with the weird dragon/humanoid thing is just... weird. Maybe I'm just used to Drakonids? idk

15+ Year Old Account
    I main a druid, but... If I can build my Warlock to focus on a single pet? A Demo Warlock that buffs the Succubus exclusively? Or the Imp? My god
    Just wait until you don't get into a group because you picked A, B, C instead of X, Y, Z. In theory it might work fine but can Blizzard really keep all options balanced while also making them unique? Getting groups together for the harder content will be a lot harder or everyone will just follow the cookie cutter builds from streamers/guides.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What classes do we think Dracthyr will get?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Just wait until you don't get into a group because you picked A, B, C instead of X, Y, Z. In theory it might work fine but can Blizzard really keep all options balanced while also making them unique? Getting groups together for the harder content will be a lot harder or everyone will just follow the cookie cutter builds from streamers/guides.
    Yeah, my big problem is there will be a "right" answer to these. The only thing that would make it useable is if they give you a ton of saved builds you can swap out in rest areas. Like I'd say at least 10-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So someone refresh me, what was Scaleface's deal? Was he the OG Talents + Drac'thyr guy?
    Scale was saying Drac'thyr and Evokers; Axaron said Drac'thyr, Evoker/Invoker and Talent trees. Axaron also went more in-depth about the class and said DPS/DPS/Healer, with one DPS having arcane inspiration, which Scale also said

DPS/DPS/Healer? I wonder if we're getting red + black + bronze for specs? Doesn't that fit with Teriz's ideas from hots?

Something about it just doesn't look like a Blizzard model to me. The textures and polygons do, but something about the design of the head and neck along with the weird dragon/humanoid thing is just... weird. Maybe I'm just used to Drakonids? idk
    I would say that the spines on the shoulders and the body texture is very Blizzlike. It looks a lot like the Naga while clearly being at least somewhat different. However, I am suspicious about the incongruities and the incomplete model. It's also weird it can't load clothing or lacks it entirely (probably the former, going off the human female).

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I do get your point from a group stand point... but from my personal player standpoint I don't really pug so that wouldn't be an issue for me. I have an extreme aversion to people, especially in mythic+ groups. It'll be my group or I'll just rather not run. I lead the raid I do, which I built up from people (which yes, formed from pugging) and have been raiding with the same course since Legion.. I'll pug, find like minded people... but it's them joining my system, as it were.

Not me joining someone else. It means I get to enforce the "Play what you want" mindset, and I do recognize not everyone is that lucky.

But... that is purely a player preference approach. Build the community you want to be part of, I guess.

Based off of how they were talking, I have to wonder if they got it from the same source but said source is incomplete. The Dragon people models are very obviously not finished, and I'll be honest for a mock up UI I kind of do agree the above is really messy. But it's likely messy because we don't have the full explanation.
    I think that the talent trees are actually pretty convincing as a concept. The model is weird and a little offputting, though.

With the few incongruities between Araxon and Scaleface, it definitely seems possible they have the same secondhand source.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The game's quality would improve drastically if they forsook the balance focus and just let things fall into place wherever they end up.
    Only if you are the class that falls on the overpowered end of the spectrum. There are people that already think all of M+ is toxic because of a timer and it would really become toxic if X class would be a negative to bring because of how much weaker they are. Now if they just let everyone be over powered, sure.

But the more options you have the harder it is to balance by default.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well we got the logo in HD. Two text leaks, one circling back around to Light/Dragons/Revamp and one that basically backs up the Druid tree. And along with the druid tree we got that Dracthyr race that looks really awkward. And like 3 different supposed cinematic stills that all of them people think were made from a Rathalos.

And a riddler but we don't talk about him.
    Well shit I chose the wrong day to be productive

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Thora View Post
    Forest Trolls from Quel'thalas allying with the Alliance.
    Please no. I don't think they'd sit well with ... certain elves.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I posted above quite literally just a moment ago, but as it was explained.

Circle is passive, square are abilities, hexagon is talents as they are in retail rn and diamonds on the side seem like major abilities that are unlocked perhaps naturally just by having enough points in the tree
    Interesting

Honestly I’m 100% for that lol

Goodnight, folks. I'm excited for tomorrow. I'll probably be able to see the event ~12:45 or so, so I'll be about two hours late to the party. I'll be ready to eat crow if Drakthyr is real, and I'm also very ready to see what's in store for us.

I have the same exact feeling. It looks off, but maybe, and that's a big maybe it's because the dragon is standing upright in the character select screen, and basically nowhere else would it look like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Goodnight, folks. I'm excited for tomorrow. I'll probably be able to see the event ~12:45 or so, so I'll be about two hours late to the party. I'll be ready to eat crow if Drakthyr is real, and I'm also very ready to see what's in store for us.
    Gnight dude

15+ Year Old Account
    I lead the raid I do
    So would you still take a class that does 20k less DPS then another class? What if that is the difference between clearing the raid or not? Sure that might be extreme but it illustrates the point of how balance or options could hinder a players potential. Because if you pick all the wrong things while someone else picks all the right things then DPS will vary. From a Blizzard standpoint how do you design a raid to be balanced for both groups to clear?

An optimized group will breeze through the content. One that is not optimized might have a challenge or even not be able to clear the content. Building the community you want to be a part of only goes so far when the mechanics of the game are not balanced or tuned correctly. Or all options are not viable.

He said Evokers were a thing before he even mentioned the talent stuff though, all of these leaks originated from him. Evokers are most likely gonna happen, I just suspect he poorly conveyed the exact fantasy of the class. I'm really hoping it's basically a renamed Dragonsworn and not an arcane mage.
    Axaron, the guy who first posted the actual images (including the first talent trees and the Dracthyr) has said that Evoker/Invoker is a class with DPS/DPS/Healer specs and the healer is based on Alexstrasza/dragonfire,and that it has a dragon form of some kind, so it's likely a renamed Dragonsworn, possibly because Dragonsworn is used for something else?