Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Looking through my wish list and checking off what I wanted, versus what we got...

Realizing the expansion is extremely light on content, so far.

- New race and class which are heavily locked down
    - 4 zones + starting area for the new race/class
    - Dragon riding
    - Talent overhaul
    - UI overhaul
    - Profession revamp

Has there been an expansion with less/equal features on announcement? Maybe MoP?
    - Renown /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking through my wish list and checking off what I wanted, versus what we got...

- Dragon riding
    - Talent overhaul
    - UI overhaul
    - Profession revamp

Has there been an expansion with less/equal features on announcement? Maybe MoP?
    They are bringing back and overhauling the renown system too, they didn't mention it in the deep dive for some reason.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Well, your first big mistake is not even figuring out the 4 colors are the armor types.
    Because the fiery red ones are clearly all leather wearers. The only armour type with 4 classes. /s
    Seriously, it's not how it's being done
    Last edited by JDBlou; 2022-04-19 at 07:49 PM.
    Ethereals4Midnight

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyalios View Post
    No they said Red and Blue together formed Devastation as a DPS spec (why the Life dragons are DPS is beyond me) and Green and Bronze together are the healers. Green sounds like it’s more HOTs and Bronze is more quick heals, but both are just different colored spells for the same spec.

Meanwhile black is completely absent except as baseline shared abilities I guess. Still hoping for a tanking spec in 10.X but doubt it.
    There was a weird slip in there where the initial reveal said two specs, then someone in the deep dive said "two dps specs" offhandedly while talking about the colors.

But that was the only time two DPS was mentioned. Might have just stumbled over "two flights per spec."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I really liked the reveal, but im on the fence.
    Im not hyped anymore when I dont have a date set in stone to look forward too, lol.

Hope they give us early access to lvl 58-60 during the summer for Evokers or something, im not subbing yet

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- Dragon riding
    - Talent overhaul
    - UI overhaul
    - Profession revamp

Hell I'll toss Shadowlands at you. Just replace Talent Overhaul with Torghast.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Devastation is the dps spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emet-Selch View Post
    Devastation is the DPS spec.
    Thanks guys. I totally drew a blank.

Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Because the fiery red ones are clearly all leather wearers. The only armour type with 4 classes.
    You would also have to have one of the 4 set pictures be with an extra one though if you wanted to show of all the different colours. The first yellow one just looks far too much like a Monk set to be anything else.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I guess i heard wrong then.

it seems odd that they dont get a third spec when its literally right there for the taking with the black dragonflight and tanking(or another dps spec)

Exactly. I get they don’t want another tank but they can make a range class melee (see: survival) and can do it well. I main a tank. My friends main tanks. We do a lot of tanking (when we aren’t in FFXIV, where we also rank). I’m also a dragonphile, the idea of an old and ancient race is cool and Day of the Dragon and the Well of Eternity series were my intro to Warcraft.

So I’m playing as a dragon. Guess I won’t tank anymore which sucks. While adding tank specs doesn’t increase the number of tanks I have a feeling it will *decrease* the number by not including one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    But it was meant to be definitely Tinker right?
    It’s almost like I type the word “Tinker” and some of you forget anything else I type beforehand or afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hell I'll toss Shadowlands at you. Just replace Talent Overhaul with Torghast.
    Shadowlands had covenants.....Dragonflight has, in the most generous interpretation of what they described, Reputations.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You would also have to have one of the 4 set pictures be with an extra one though if you wanted to show of all the different colours. The first yellow one just looks far too much like a Monk set to be anything else.
    I edited my comment earlier. I think it was a silly assumption on their part when the yellow one is clearly monkish and the stormy one on the far left very rogue-like. The sarcasm didn't translate into text very well.
    Ethereals4Midnight

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think their calculus is that there’s too many tanks, and too many melee dps. Makes sense to restrict to two specs I guess.
    Adding another melee tank or DPS doesn’t upset the balance so long as they are still adding the heals and ranged. It’s a silly decision but that’s modern blizz. They’ve really let me down on the one and only expac I’ve been wanting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I guess i heard wrong then.

it seems odd that they dont get a third spec when its literally right there for the taking with the black dragonflight and tanking(or another dps spec)
    TBF, every new class has introduced a tanking spec and melee damage specs. Only Monks introduced a healing spec, so it makes sense that this new class fills the slots that fans have wanted the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    it definitely confirms that the budget is far lower, and that SL was just the quality and quantity we're going for receive from now on, and wasn't a mere filler xpac before something huge. no way we're getting anything as ambitious (and expensive) as cataclysm ever again
    Yeah, what happened to the art team? The art team has carried the past couple expansions and has widely been the only part of the game practically everyone loves! But Dragonflight has one unisex dragon race that can't even wear armor and existing rigging and animation and then additional cosmetics for male blood elves and female humans? Like what??? Even Shadowlands gave us a lot more options for existing races and BFA gave us allied races (and the Kul Tirans really are new race).

What happened?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Shadowlands had covenants.....Dragonflight has, in the most generous interpretation of what they described, Reputations.
    What is the one specific thing that made covenants something special rather than an improvement on reputations then?
    You have endgame storylines, zone upgrades, almost definitely cosmetics. The only thing it doesnt really have is the modern boogeyman "Borrowed Power".
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It makes me wonder at this point, how many more expansions the game will be and where is left to go at this point. The next expansion is the 20th anniversary of the launch of WoW and it feels like WoW2 isn't going to happen for a variety of reasons.

We've fought armies and gods, the world has been broken apart and we've also literally been to the afterlife. I think this was the only sort of expansion they could do at this point. Personally, I'd like to see the 2024 expansion be the last and I think the game will be laid to rest after that.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The quote is, "So, their damage-dealing specialization - their first of two - Devastation [...]" You can take that either way, unfortunately. Either the first of two damage specializations or first of two specializations as a whole. But yeah, probably better to err on the side of caution and default with the less generous interpretation.
    That's were I got the possible 2 dps specs from but I think it is just poorly worded and there is only 1 dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What is the one specific thing that made covenants something special rather than an improvement on reputations then?
    You have endgame storylines, zone upgrades, almost definitely cosmetics. The only thing it doesnt really have is the modern boogeyman "Borrowed Power".
    And borrowed power is now the talent tree system that is evergreen, but solves the same issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Usually we'd get a bunch of panels but there's no Blizzcon.

Also doesn't it feel like the expansion isn't coming anytime soon? Other times they talk about a release period no? They wouldn't even mention the alpha this time.
    So the zones all look rather complete. I think alpha is probably after 9.2.5. probably in June or July.