Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I'm thinking the evoker won't be using any weapon or a new weapon type. We haven't seen a single weapon in the official site or the gameplay bits. I don't think any dragon uses a weapon either, except wrathion.
    Think it's going to be like Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    • New Zones
    • New Raid
    • New Dungeons
    • The second half of Demon Hunters people were waiting for
    • And A Brand New PVE Experience...we call it "Crafting"

This sounds like a content patch, not an expansion. Who would pay for this? That's probably why they neglected to include a pre-order. Rather shameful the pre-order bonuses have been in the game since 9.1.5
    It is okay to not like the expansion, it is okay to think it doesn't seem like it has a lot (which I actually agree with and I've said that in the community council forum as well). But, as usual with your posts, I think we're done here, I can't really argue with someone that constantly, and purposefully, leaves out information that does not fit their agenda and makes unrealistic comparisons (e.g. what content patch, ever, had 8 dungeons?). Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post

I think as ThunderBrush art director on Paladins on twitter said and made this (i know game is a meme for many here probably)

But no replacing one to another, but like Option 1 and Option 2, would be still close to the idea that blizzard had but also providing more options.
    Yep, definitely looks much more like a dragon. I like that model more. But maybe we got what we got because it looks more "genderless", and with that I mean harder to tell if it is male or female, and that way they could make one model only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    After re-watching the interviews and the presentation. I think this expansion is going to be very unique, in that it seems they're listening more than I've ever seen since vanilla/BC. Everything looked promising to my eye, and steps forward. The theme is a bit less epic, and more light, which I don't mind, but I implore everyone to listen to this and all the interviews, maybe re-watch the round table, because I missed a ton of details first watch, and am quite impressed with Blizz for the first time in a while. Besides those Dracthyr models! my goodness, but they still have plenty of time to round them out.
    Yeah the class isn't something that was on my wishlist and the race is whatever, but everything else is so promising to me and I can't wait to see more. I'm just cranky they didn't deep dive into stuff they should have known people would need then to elaborate on so as to not cause the shitstorm of "is that it? A UI upgrade is a feature? This expansion has no content!"
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I just hope theres' actual iterative revamp on M+ and it won't be the third expansion in a row where there's no changes for the system. Please, Blizzard..

(No the Seasonal affix does not count or the other affix changes or this new rotation of dungeons being mixed with 4 old and 4 new)
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Yep, definitely looks much more like a dragon. I like that model more. But maybe we got what we got because it looks more "genderless", and with that I mean harder to tell if it is male or female, and that way they could make one model only.
    They should have made a slender model and a bulky model and just let you pick which you wanted regardless of gender.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I feel like its 65 right? You get talents at level 5 now instead of 10.
    Dunno, it's what I was trying to figure out I haven't read anything about it. The picture has 63 points allocated, I've counted twice. So unless the character that was used to produce the screenshot wasn't level cap, OR Blizzard just granted a random number of points for the sake of the photo.. We know we get at least 63.

So where is the equivalent to Torghast, Island Expeditions or Warfronts in Dragonflight? Are you seriously suggesting flying but harder is a new gameplay mode?Covid happened before shadowlands was even out. We've had a vaccine for over a year. They've been back to normal in-building business hours for a whole year. But this expansion is allowed to have less content than the one that happened DURING the worst of the pandemic?

WHAT
    No, i am saying that we won't be having a big shiny keychain to dangle, and instead that all the effort that would have gone into that will instead be spread out over Dungeon, Raids, and Open World content.

Also we still sint know what is in the different zones at max level. Could be a fully fleshed out Torghast 2.0 that was just not worth mentioning before they know for sure what they will keep.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The thing is, all the big bulky races have relatively low population numbers.
    that is factually a lie as orcs and humans are both the third and the second most playable race, and they are bulky

then you ahve taurens on their way in top 10

People don't tend to enjoy big bulky races,
    Again, thats a lie, orcs and humans
    Except DHs primarily fight in DH form with their warglaives. Meta is a cooldown. The dragon class fights ENTIRELY in Dragon form,
    DRUID FORMS AYY LMAO
    and takes the best from both class concepts.
    Totally subjective

If you think an ugly bulky dragon race would do better than that, you're delusional.
    A normal loking draconic race would be better than a skinny lame gecko CLASS that they want to sell as "new race"
    And Blizzard is correct about that. Some of this class' abilities utilize tails, scales, and wings, something that requires the literal body of a dragon. The Visage form is simply based on the lore of the dragon in WoW.
    1. Blizzard is not correct
    2. the visage form straight up goes against the lore of the dragons in wow, which can turn into any humanoid

A humanoid dragon race that can be multiple classes kind of defeats the purpose of having a dedicated dragon class

It don't, again, play other games with humanoid dragons, they work fine

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's going to be very hard to choose between a blue and black dragon.
    Does anyone else think the lethe form of the Dragon implies they are ultimately going to wear armor? I don't think those clothes on the female dragon are default. I think they are eventually supposed to wear armor, and with WoW's more recent 3D moddled armor that's why they're not so buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Honestly, I just hope theres' actual iterative revamp on M+ and it won't be the third expansion in a row where there's no changes for the system. Please, Blizzard..

(No the Seasonal affix does not count or the other affix changes or this new rotation of dungeons being mixed with 4 old and 4 new)
    Not sure what could be changed with M+. It's a fairly streamlined feature, so outside what they are already doing I don't feel like there are many avenues beyond changing the affixes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Does anyone else think the lethe form of the Dragon implies they are ultimately going to wear armor? I don't think those clothes on the female dragon are default. I think they are eventually supposed to wear armor, and with WoW's more recent 3D moddled armor that's why they're not so buff.
    I can only hope so.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I just can't grasp the idea that they went through telling the story about Visage Day and then.. They limit Visages to 2 races. It's just silly.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No, i am saying that we won't be having a big shiny keychain to dangle, and instead that all the effort that would have gone into that will instead be spread out over Dungeon, Raids, and Open World content.
    My thesis was "Dragonflight is just more of the same & Ion can't bring innovative ideas to WoW to save his life" and it sounds like you agree with me.
    Honestly I just can't grasp the idea that they went through telling the story about Visage Day and then.. They limit Visages to 2 races. It's just silly.
    I think they wanted the actual Dragons to feel a level above actual players so we have these kind of "demi-dragons" but I think everyone would have preferred a dragon-magic caster that is a humanoid race 99% of the time & turns into a big dragon just for their big cooldowns.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-20 at 03:13 PM.

Yep very disappointed about that.

I've been very vocal about my opinions on the Dracthyr/Evoker situation.

I'm not a fan of Ranged specs, especially healing. I do like Balance Druids though and I played Warlock for TBC Classic, though I stopped playing that when I hit 60.

I'll give Evoker a go, as I love how some of these Dracthyr options look. Especially the bulkier edit posted here which I hope Blizz look at. I really hope their DPS spec is something I can jive with.

Still extremely disappointed no tank spec though. I like to be able to swap into tank spec freely, whether it be for fast queues, or just the option and convenience for raids and mythic+, as well as certain situations in war mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that is factually a lie as orcs and humans are both the third and the second most playable race, and they are bulky
    Compare an Orc or a Human to a Tauren or Draenei. That's what I'm talking about when I say "Bulky".

You think people are going to fall over themselves to play a hideous big, bulky dragon race, but they won't.

then you ahve taurens on their way in top 10
    Only because of Druids.

Again, thats a lie, orcs and humans
    See above.

A normal loking draconic race would be better than a skinny lame gecko CLASS that they want to sell as "new race"
    What is your definition of "normal"? If you're talking about the standard drakes Blizzard already said they couldn't do them.

1. Blizzard is not correct
    2. the visage form straight up goes against the lore of the dragons in wow, which can turn into any humanoid
    1. And you are?
    2. Sacrifices have to be made. I'm willing to make that sacrifice because I'm rolling a Dracthyr to play as a dragon. I don't really care what race my "Visage" is, and I'm perfectly fine with playing as an elf or a human if it means I get to be a playable dragon.

It don't, again, play other games with humanoid dragons, they work fine
    This is WoW not other games.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-20 at 03:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Best interview so far, especially the bit about mount collecting and player housing.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you have the option of wearing light armor, or being "naked". I'm going in the buff as any self-respecting dragon should.

Quote Originally Posted by horizon nowhere View Post
    Yep very disappointed about that.
    The only way I think they'd be able to make more races become an invoker in the future, is if they have a spirit dragon projected onto another race during abilities, maybe even just static, so you'd mostly see the race, but a faint dragon spirit encompassing the race. Then it wouldn't look crazy, because I kind of agree with the idea that it would look weird if a human, or gnome lol would pop up in the air and dragon breath, or use a wing ability that wasn't there.