7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    They didn't but Ion did confirm again that the expansion is far along. And said that beta/alpha is coming soon "not tm" so... Hopefully we get pre-order + a date next week.
    Uh, I think you are kinda reaching. Release date before alpha even starts? No way.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So regular flight is still planned for Dragonflight. Good to know.

Would definitely hate not being able to fly my various flyers in that area at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ...it's a handful of shitty shacks tied together with vines on a tropical island, not Dalaran. Last time I checked there wasn't a library building.
    But Blizzard in the end realized that it sent a bad message and changed the novel, remember? My dear friend, why are you going against a decision Blizzard made? That's so unlike you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uh, I think you are kinda reaching.
    I would be saying that it is reaching too, if it wasn't for the fact that they keep repeating that bit that it is far along. Meaning that they might still think its doable this year, but don't want to commit in case changes are needed. And the fact that they stated it will be ready when its ready IMO means that they are open to make much larger changes during testing based on player feedback.

EDIT: Since my reply OP has updated. I agree we won't get a release date before alpha. Between the switch from Alpha to Beta seems reasonable(which if im not mistaken is after all the content has rolled out on alpha and big stuff ironed out)
    Last edited by Shadochi; 2022-04-27 at 05:56 PM.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Uh, I think you are kinda reaching. Release date before alpha even starts? No way.
    How so? He literally said "The expansion is quite far along" when pressed on whether he meant the expansion was far off or closer than we might think. He then followed up by immediately mentioning how the Alpha and Beta opt-in had begun.

Doesnt take a genius to surmise that he might have been hinting at the Alpha beginning soon, most likely within the next month even.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

...and you think that rather than being taught their craft by other shamans via word of mouth (the thing we literally see in game) Darkspear shaman trainees... are being handed priests texts to study and learn to read from?

How many thousands of years do you think villages existed with elders before the specific term "erosion" came into common parlance? Did you even read the page in question or are you just parroting the dumb take wowhead posted? Zekhan clearly understands the process "to me, it be a reminder that all things be shaped by time, nature, or both", the thing that he learned from Lor'themar was specifically the individual word "erosion" as a term for that natural wearing away by time or nature.
    So how did Zabra Hexx already have the ability to read human writing? The Trolls were dealing with other races constantly, the idea they're not versed in many different kinds of writing doesn't make sense. It might make sense on an aesthetic level, but not a contextual level.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    Yeah cause if a culture doesn't have buildings and a library it means they're illiterate.

Jesus dude.
    No, but if it exists in a technological time period equivalent to the late middle ages and early renaissance, and they live in a place with few if any texts, where knowing how to read offers little value in life, then it probably means they're illiterate. It's like you people aren't aware that literacy was below 50% until the fucking 1900s.

No, but if it exists in a technological time period equivalent to the late middle ages and early renaissance, and they live in a place with few if any texts, where knowing how to read offers little value in life, then it probably means they're illiterate. It's like you people aren't aware that literacy was below 50% until the fucking 1900s.
    You shouldn't participate in this conversation if you don't know anything about Troll lore, the literal inventers of civilization in Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, seems like Dracthyr starting zone is either launch Max Level zone or one of the patch zones (Like broken shore was intro and then patch)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    So how did Zabra Hexx already have the ability to read human writing? The Trolls were dealing with other races constantly, the idea they're not versed in many different kinds of writing doesn't make sense. It might make sense on an aesthetic level, but not a contextual level.
    Because he learned it? Are you seriously arguing that all trolls have to be literate because one troll was?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    When you awaken, you are in your draconic form. There will come a point in the story where you'll venture out into the larger world, and you'll have to tap into the mortality within to present their visage form.

But you can only chose to be a blood elf male or a human female

Shadowlands is a challenging story concept for new players.
    "isn't our story that is garbage is the new players who can't understand the concept'

And they basically confirm no tuskarr allied race, lame, i expected that, if isn't an elf reskin isn't going to be ingame.

You shouldn't participate in this conversation if you don't know anything about Troll lore, the literal inventers of civilization in Azeroth.
    Yeah? You wanna go look up Mesopotamian literacy rates, chief?

How do you have any idea how much value the Darkspear place on reading? Besides assuming based on their “shitty shacks”.

It’s like you aren’t aware Warcraft lore previously established the Darkspear AREN’T some illiterate society.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also, seems like Dracthyr starting zone is either launch Max Level zone or one of the patch zones (Like broken shore was intro and then patch)
    Was logical to make it max lvl zone with WQ's and campaign quests. You don't attach it to the main continent for nothing. So this means we basically get 5 zones at start of DF, since everyone counts Maw, Suramar and opposite faction land in BfA.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are not human or elf looking, or if you have a tribal lifestyle you obvious are uncivilized in wow, thats the rule. /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

But you can only chose to be a blood elf male or a human female
    Tbh it would go a long way if they changed minor stuff a bit and made the visage halfelves.

But as it stands now while from a mechanical standpoint they are just belf and human with customization, they are in no way that in lore

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because he learned it? Are you seriously arguing that all trolls have to be literate because one troll was?
    It's described as "the brought the darkspear the human's clergy books" thus giving them the ability to be priests.

Seems like those wouldn't be very effective if his fellow trolls couldn't read them.
    Yeah? You wanna go look up Mesopotamian literacy rates, chief?
    Trolls are Rome in this situation, not Mesopotamia. You're going off just the aesthetics of ONE tribe who were forced to be nomadic because of the Alliance. And before you say "well that's zekhan" nomadic doesn't mean you lose the ability to read, either.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-27 at 06:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was logical to make it max lvl zone with WQ's and campaign quests. You don't attach it to the main continent for nothing. So this means we basically get 5 zones at start of DF, since everyone counts Maw, Suramar and opposite faction land in BfA.
    Yes if it is available from 10.0 and not in a patch like Broken Shore or Tanaan.

Also I don't see why we shouldn't count it as a zone if it will be in 10.0 available to everyone. Are there some people that count only leveling zones?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Tbh it would go a long way if they changed minor stuff a bit and made the visage halfelves.

But as it stands now while from a mechanical standpoint they are just belf and human with customization, they are in no way that in lore
    I don't know how "combining" the awful and forced choices would make any better, instead of simple allowing other options like dragons do

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If you are not human or elf looking, or if you have a tribal lifestyle you obvious are uncivilized in wow, thats the rule. /s
    Man, you are so insanely salty about whole Dracthyr ordeal, it's amazing. Once again taking lore and story of a video game way too serious and personal.