Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I have pondered it for quite some time, I have observed the evidence, and I have concluded that Azeroth will look like a Void elf. She will have the form of the Void elf.

She will have the form of an Elf, for her wound turned primitive savages into the first elves. That is her power and her influence derived from her wound.

She will have the influence of the Void, for during the encounter in 8.3, N'Zoth began merging Ny'alotha with the very Heart of Azeroth, the Chamber of her Heart, which would have left her twisted, at least in some ways. And as Il'gynoth says, the Old Gods have been drawing the strength from the "earth" for aeons. Strength from the Titan. There will be consequences to this fact.

It is now clear that the Void elf is the form most fitting to depict the Titan of Azeroth.
    No
    /10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Don't they still use a fragment of the demon chain to subjugate twilight dragons though? I know by the time of MOP they've moved on to less-intelligent protodrakes because all the twilights have died/gone into hiding, but they still show a willingness to use the artifact that bound Alexstrasza, I'd imagine that wouldn't earn them any brownie points on the isles.
    There is no lore about then using anymore and they don't use twilight drakes(i pretty sure it was bacl drakes before), but they are not taming proto-drakes. They are not suing the artifact, just the chain of it, i doubt this is any more problem that anyone using a sword, that is a weapon that killed many

Also even on proto-drakes there's still some dodgy implications on "taming" something that can self-determine
    In wow ever animal can "self determine" if thats what you are saying, wolves, horses, griffons, wyverns, they are no different from then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And we did not even have any help, we literally just stabbed him in the eye and gut till he died.
    He's probably still grumpy about it to.

"Why didn't I get special attention? Not fair *Old God sniffle*"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's probably still grumpy about it to.

"Why didn't I get special attention? Not fair *Old God sniffle*"
    We have had C'thin who is all eyes, and Yogg'saron who is all mouths.
    Maybe Xal'atath was once an old god that was all noses...
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So, a giant eldritch Voluminas?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    In all seriousness, if they do push such a thing the next creepy thing to have too many of after eyes and mouths is probably hands. Just like, a thousand creepy humanoid hands.

There's something terrifying about too many fully shaped hands. Hell, to make it creepier each hand could imitate a known species, like elves and trolls and dwarf hands emerging and you're left wondering if it's mocking you or if it's an amalgamation of dead humanoids that have been assimilated over millennia and that it has no true form of its own
    Last edited by Rathwell; 2022-04-30 at 03:21 PM.

I think it would be cool to have one that is all wings. Both on Azeroth and on Draenor, wing serpents are connected to some extent with the Old Gods (Sethe, Arikara, Hakkar). What if one of the Void Lords is a creature of feathers/wings. Something that looks like Miata's awakened form from Claymore:

or like a D&D chichimec

7+ Year Old Account
    So, an Old God or Void Lord based on biblically accurate angels?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    So, an Old God or Void Lord based on biblically accurate angels?
    Yeah, an Old God seraph.

If you consider the relation between Old God and Void Lord given that each Void Lord hurled pieces of themselves across the universe then e.g C'thun is not just the Old God of Madness on Azeroth but he is an Old God that may have appeared on multiple planets and that it is just an aspect of the Void Lord that created it. So there may have been a C'thun in Draenor. I mean we assume that what the Skethlon were trying to summon in Shadowmoon was just using the model because that's the mode they had built but what if that is just the form the Void Lord of Madness takes? That could even help explain other things like Yogg'saron being a Void Lord that has tried to assault the Shadowlands and thus Void Necromancy originating from them and having Yogg actually be an Old God of Death.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-30 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah, an Old God seraph.

If you consider the relation between Old God and Void Lord given that each Void Lord hurled pieces of themselves across the universe then e.g C'thun is not just the Old God of Madness on Azeroth but he is an Old God that may have appeared on multiple planets and that it is just an aspect of the Void Lord that created it. So there may have been a C'thun in Draenor. I mean we assume that what the Skethlon were trying to summon in Shadowmoon was just using the model because that's the mode they had built but what if that is just the form the Void Lord of Madness takes? That could even help explain other things like Yogg'saron being a Void Lord that has tried to assault the Shadowlands and thus Void Necromancy originating from them and having Yogg actually be an Old God of Death.
    Tentacleesque wings.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Tentacleesque wings.
    Eye think the wings they have by the book would do just fine.

Who wants to bet they designed unique hairstyles for the Venthyr because they intended to reuse them for Darkfallen?

The Venthyr women even use a few blood elf hairstyles so they must have compatible phrenology.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I have said that many times before myself.

Her getting a Pallas Athena look is inevitable.
    Yeah, it makes sense in so many ways that's hard to imagine something else.

- - - Updated - - -

I have pondered it for quite some time, I have observed the evidence, and I have concluded that Azeroth will look like a Void elf. She will have the form of the Void elf.

She will have the form of an Elf, for her wound turned primitive savages into the first elves. That is her power and her influence derived from her wound.
    I can see her taking a form of an elf, but surely not of a void one since titans are Order beings, not Void ones. But I think it's unlikely because an elf form would trigger some people while something based on Greek/Norse mythology, which also happens to be the general rule for titans/watchers/stone ppl, wouldn't.

Btw, does anybody knows if Argus was based on Egyptian mythology?
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-04-30 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I can see her taking a form of an elf, but surely not of a void one since titans are Order beings, not Void ones. But I think it's unlikely because an elf form would trigger some people while something based on Greek/Norse mythology, which also happens to be the general rule for titans/watchers/stone ppl, wouldn't.

Btw, does anybody knows if Argus was based on Egyptian mythology?
    I think Varodoc meant the many periodic attempts at corrupting Azeroth is what would make Azeroth a Void Elf. I personally thought of Azeroth being a Troll, but the Well of Eternity theory makes sense. Maybe an elf with tusks.

As in Argus had horns & pointed ears, a bit like Draenei. So it makes sense they would look similar to the sapient races who originated there.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-30 at 08:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is now clear that the Void elf is the form most fitting to depict the Titan of Azeroth.
    Nah. Elemental based form. The elementals predate Old gods and the Titans couldn't kill them as they would always manifest back on Azeroth. So they had to be imprisoned. It seems pretty clear the elementals are tied to the world soul. In Dragon Flight we even have dragons empowered by the elements that rivals the power of the Titan empowered Dragons.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    We all know Azeroth’s form will be a Dracthyr obviously
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    As in Argus had horns & pointed ears, a bit like Draenei. So it makes sense they would look similar to the sapient races who originated there.
    Was Argus shown without his helm on?

Edit: No, he was never shown without his helm on. So horns are not known but the ears are and they do not look like a Dreanei.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...thout_his_hat/
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-30 at 08:54 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    We all know Azeroth’s form will be a Dracthyr obviously
    Poor Azeroth, she doesn't deserve that...

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I give Dragonflight one month before 50% of the players leave again. Simply because there is no instanced gameplay like Torghast, Islands or Warfronts for casual gamers anymore. And i doubt world content alone will give enough gameplay.
    How did the game survive before Legion then?

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I am sure it will "survive" in Dragonflilght as well. With a few hundred thousand players after some months. Depends entirely on how much gamplay most players get.
    Dragonflight's amount of systems was the norm before Legion, which was the height of the game, which many many players are begging to go back to it.