10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    just not cool with killing unborn children that's all.
    Gotta treat women like breeding livestock rather than people, because of a magical belief in nonexistent hypothetical future children that won't exist.

No one believes you. Or any idiot who claims this.

If they/you believed that abortion was "killing unborn children," the GOP would be passing laws to put women and doctors/nurses in jail. They don't, so it isn't. Not even to them. It's a political tool to get gullible morons to vote for them despite offering literally nothing beneficial to society. Nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    given that the result seems to be doctors are more hesitant to perform medically necessary abortion and thus force the woman to either leave to state or, as in Ireland, DIE, seems your desired result is worse

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm saying that was such a fucking minor detail that it has always come off as a bad-faith excuse for people whose minds were made up well before she even announced her candidacy.

If you're claiming you were "run off by Clinton", no, you're not. Hence my point.
    Not bad faith at all, I am dead serious on here. And you know damn well she did exactly what I stated and I keep mentioning that same event because that, for me, was the straw that broke the camels back.

You might not like that many voters take stuff like that personally and won’t support someone who actively snubs them, they exist and she knew that and did it anyways.

As I said, I take full responsibility for my vote and while I hate what Trump has done, the blame for him getting into power lies more with the politician who snubbed her own voters than the voters who refused to vote for someone who snubbed them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What can he do while it's still only a draft?
    Congress can codify Roe v. Wade in law.

If they don't have 60 votes to do it without the filibuster, they can get rid of the filibuster.

Biden can threaten to pack the courts if such a blatantly anti-democratic opinion published by a court where Trump illegitimately put Gorsuch in after Republicans illegally stalled Garland's nomination, and then rushed ACB's nomination despite the same conditions.

He can then, actually pack the courts.

Well, its a good fucking thing they aren't children.

Also, if you aren't fine with "killing unborn children", then are you going to increase budgets for food stamps? Section 8 housing? increase budgets for adoption agencies? Reduce red tape for adoption? Increase welfare budget? You going to be fine with your taxes going up to pay for that shit?

Because that is going to happen. I can guarantee it.

What can he do while it's still only a draft?
    Expand and pack the court who'll overturn this if it passes.(can he do that alone? not sure)

"I am free of any and all responsibility regarding the consequences of my actions!"
    What ever you say Hillary Clinton.

Just know that if you ever got a time machine, you would get much better results telling her to respect her voters more than yelling at the voters that it doesn’t matter how shitty she is that Trump is worse.

Dropping it now.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

So there are actually things that can be done. Interesting.
    To watch it get filibustered and blocked by Manchin and the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    To watch it get filibustered and blocked by Manchin and the GOP.
    If you can't get rid of the filibuster, there's no reason why the filibuster can't be waited out. Make them get up there and filibuster. Hammer them and close discussion as soon as they break the rules of filibustering.

I mean, the procedural filibuster is just about the worst fucking thing Congress has ever done. Having a card that says "you don't have a supermajority, get fucked" without actually trying to do the fucking over is next-level America shit.

I've no interest in your immediate pessimism on everything.
    Ok, I know it pessimistic but it’s also realistic in the short term.

It likely won’t be fixed by the current people and will likely take till the next term or even decade till enough of the old guard die off to really address many of these issues.

Them passing this ruling might very well cause such a mass voter turn out that the DNC know they better get off their asses and address it, but the current group lack both the power to address it or even the will if they did as evidenced by Kavanaughs lack of indictment of any of their willingness to call it out.

If the child kills the mother that's okay. If a twin absorbs another in the womb that's okay. Got it, you're "smart".

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If you can't get rid of the filibuster, there's no reason why the filibuster can't be waited out. Make them get up there and filibuster. Hammer them and close discussion as soon as they break the rules of filibustering.

I mean, the procedural filibuster is just about the worst fucking thing Congress has ever done. Having a card that says "you don't have a supermajority, get fucked" without actually trying to do the fucking over is next-level America shit.
    Democrats don't have the courage to do this tbh.

Ok, I know it pessimistic but it’s also realistic in the short term.

It likely won’t be fixed by the current people and will likely take till the next term or even decade till enough of the old guard die off to really address many of these issues.

Them passing this ruling might very well cause such a mass voter turn out that the DNC know they better get off their asses and address it, but the current group lack both the power to address it or even the will if they did as evidenced by Kavanaughs lack of indictment of any of their willingness to call it out.
    Biden and the democrats could try to pass a right to privacy law it would be broad enough not to target abortions specifically but cover it. It would in one fell swoop protect abortion, gay and interracial marriage and would be really difficult to vote against. But all this would require political will and balls two things democrats have yet to show signs of well ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad faith at all, I am dead serious on here. And you know damn well she did exactly what I stated and I keep mentioning that same event because that, for me, was the straw that broke the camels back.

You might not like that many voters take stuff like that personally and won’t support someone who actively snubs them, they exist and she knew that and did it anyways.

As I said, I take full responsibility for my vote and while I hate what Trump has done, the blame for him getting into power lies more with the politician who snubbed her own voters than the voters who refused to vote for someone who snubbed them.
    "I threw the civil rights of minorities under the bus because I was personally offended" is a really great look. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You can keep protesting too much, but you know perfectly well--because you keep admitting it--you prioritized your feelings over the rights of women, minorities, and gay people. That's breathtakingly shortsighted and selfish, which you know, or you wouldn't be so transparently defensive about it.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

This just sounds like "It's okay that they did something stupid because they felt angry."

Well shit, guess if someone is having a bad day they can make a ton of bad decisions, after all they feel a bit rotten and they need to make others feel that too.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    This just sounds like "It's okay that they did something stupid because they felt angry."

Well shit, guess if someone is having a bad day they can make a ton of bad decisions, after all they feel a bit rotten and they need to make others feel that too.
    Clinton lost by what 70K votes in specific states that she gave up campaigning in even when people were telling her to. It is highly unlikely that apathetic blue voters were as impactful as James Comey or her bad choices, these finger pointing exercises may feel good but that's about it.

So every time you ejaculate it is into a woman with the goal of impregnation?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So every time you ejaculate it is into a woman with the goal of impregnation?
    Like he has ever had met a woman willing to sleep with him.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”