10+ Year Old Account
    Unsubbed until who knows when. Did catch the Warcraft movie this morning though, for about the 10th time.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's crazy how they haven't capitalised on the hype that announcements bring. No preorders, no blogs, no alpha. Just silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    It's crazy how they haven't capitalised on the hype that announcements bring. No preorders, no blogs, no alpha. Just silence.
    They gotta have something big planned, surely.

Think I'mma just dip until we get some official news. I've hit a dead end with datamining and the speculation/wait is getting to me.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-19 at 11:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Precisely my point. It would be interesting to get a "new brood," to whom discipline is central.
    Discipline seems pretty central to the story of Gilneans and all "in control" Worgens. Most need the help of "magic" to manage curse but some can do it with out the ritual. It is also implied that a post-ritual worgen can still be unable to take Human form if they lose control of their rage/curse. Though I don't think it is explicitly stated that could happen.

So while it is possible to have a group that doesn't use the ritual it seems like a plot hole to not have them take the ritual once "integrated" with Druids and Alliance.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ritual_of_Balance
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Nei...uman_Nor_Beast
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    It's kind of got me wondering if they hit an unexpected snag somewhere, or if they're just building up to some big blitz.

I'm going to guess they'll just randomly start trickling out blog posts here or there though.

Honestly, I'd rather they don't rush anything until they're confident in releasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    It's kind of got me wondering if they hit an unexpected snag somewhere, or if they're just building up to some big blitz.

I'm going to guess they'll just randomly start trickling out blog posts here or there though.

Honestly, I'd rather they don't rush anything until they're confident in releasing it.
    It's a logical concern given what has happened over the last couple of years. On the other hand, I think they made a lot of announcements and they want to give all their products time to breathe. At the same time, we always have a glut of information at Blizzcon and it was never a problem before; the trick is to centralize it. I feel its entirely possible that I miss a news item especially given I used to depend on WoWHead for those and the way they have handled their "news" page in the past few years is just moronic.

It's been nearly a month since they mentioned a dracthyr customization blog and still nothing, guess we won't be able to give proper feedback until it's too late again. Here goes hoping that we don't get another female worgen fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Imo the entire hunter class is aimless to varying degrees. Hunters were perfect from Cata-WoD IMO and then they ruined them in Legion.

Agree to a certain extent, I do like how Survival plays now, but imo they messed up with taking Survival and turning it melee and not BM. Right now if I play BM my main damaging ability is literally my toon pointing at a mob.

I just see them putting BM in melee and splitting MM into the slow casting pre-planning sniper role and Survival into the faster on-the-move multidot class as the better choice to give them two ranged focused specs instead of having only MM to cram those class fantasies into..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I guess on the bright side, they've pretty much run out of other news to post at this point haven't they?

S4 is known and in testing.
    Arclight Rumble is announced and in limited testing. Unlikely anything new comes our way until the autumn.
    Immortal releases in about a week or two.
    Hearthstone is probably still a month or two away from the next expansion announcement.

9.2.5 and Alpha should have little to compete with on news Tuesdays right now.
    Now that the new Zereth Mortis arena is ready to be shipped it should in theory not be much longer.
    Unless we are moving into a lengthy class tuning section of the 9.2.5 PTR there isn't really a whole lot more that needs adding.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Now that the new Zereth Mortis arena is ready to be shipped it should in theory not be much longer.
    Unless we are moving into a lengthy class tuning section of the 9.2.5 PTR there isn't really a whole lot more that needs adding.
    Classes are fine now, just nerf destro and survival (±30%) and we're good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Classes are fine now, just nerf destro and survival (±30%) and we're good.
    I never get why anyone would want nerfs for anyone. Buffing underperforming specs is always better than nerfing something that's good and fun for people. How damage jealous can you be that you would cheer for your friends to do less?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I never get why anyone would want nerfs for anyone. Buffing underperforming specs is always better than nerfing something that's good and fun for people. How damage jealous can you be that you would cheer for your friends to do less?
    Nerf 2 specs, versus Buff 22 specs, what is the easiest for Blizzard ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nerf 2 specs, versus Buff 22 specs, what is the easiest for Blizzard ?
    First, you don't have to buff 22 specs. Currently only BM, Affli, Balance Druid and Arms Warrior are really in need of buffs. Everyone else could also get a small 3-5% aura buff to be on par with destro, but it's not needed. Also, this isn't about "the easist thing to do for Blizzard", it's about what's the best for the game. Nerfing stuff once it's in the hand of the playerbase is just awful and shouldn't be done at all during an expansion.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    First, you don't have to buff 22 specs. Currently only BM, Affli, Balance Druid and Arms Warrior are really in need of buffs. Everyone else could also get a small 3-5% aura buff to be on par with destro, but it's not needed. Also, this isn't about "the easist thing to do for Blizzard", it's about what's the best for the game. Nerfing stuff once it's in the hand of the playerbase is just awful and shouldn't be done at all during an expansion.
    They already buffed BM weeks ago iirc ? Did it change anything ? No that's still a shitty spec

So yes, Blizzard is better at nerfing than buffing. History has proven it

7+ Year Old Account
    They already buffed BM weeks ago iirc ? Did it change anything ? No that's still a shitty spec
    Yes, hence I said they still need to buff it more. Either a rework of the nightfae legendary or a flat out buff to beast cleave would do wonders. Or, if they really insist on keeping it's aoe weak they should atleast buff up our single target more so that we are clearly better for that, we are only good during wild spirits anyways.

Also, it's only a shity spec numbers wise. The playstyle is great <3

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, hence I said they still need to buff it more. Either a rework of the nightfae legendary or a flat out buff to beast cleave would do wonders. Or, if they really insist on keeping it's aoe weak they should atleast buff up our single target more so that we are clearly better for that, we are only good during wild spirits anyways.

Yeah I loved playing the spec, but I think this spec need a complete overhaul (with heavy use of pets, this is beast master after all)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Discipline seems pretty central to the story of Gilneans and all "in control" Worgens.
    The concept of discipline is central, yes. It is something they, as a culture, strive for and, as a culture, fail to attain.

10+ Year Old Account

Being super dependant on Rage is soooo nice >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Does anyone remember where this '9.2.5 allied race' shenanigans stems from? Is it just the music and the new voice overs or is there more evidence besides of hopium?
    I really can't see blizz stealth dropping an allied race without capitalizing on the hype such an announcement would generate.

https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1527661755794870272

Tweet from Mike Ybarra saying they're looking for someone to lead the approach to World of Warcraft's narrative in the future ...
    Not posting this to incite any hate to Steve Danuser, with whom I have no issue (and I find a lot of the hate he gets to be very inappropriate), but it does make me curious as to what this means in regards to his role as the narrative lead.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2022-05-20 at 04:22 PM.