I shouldn't be surprised by this, but it's still sad to see another country regressing on social issues. It's a mixed bag of sadness, anger and disappointment. Hopefully the ship can be steered back on course in the future, and hopefully this shit doesn't gain any traction here (no signs yet thankfully).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    "The fetus happening to die because it's not viable before a certain point is just a side-effect" is what I'm referring to.

Like you see it as so robotic.
    Wow it's almost as if facts don't care about your feelings or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You knew this was coming, Pete!

All women should deliver know and then "deliver" these kids to their friendly neighborhood Christians! Win Win!

Surely, this is what they and Jesus wanted!

"The fetus happening to die because it's not viable before a certain point is just a side-effect" is what I'm referring to.

Like you see it as so robotic.

Oh we did it at 8month so it should be fine. But at 4 month oh well it's probably gonna die but who knows.

At 2 month no chance.

Like these are babies were talking about man.
    They're showing the same level of care for the fetus that you're showing in your refusal to adopt all those babies in need of a loving family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I shouldn't be surprised by this, but it's still sad to see another country regressing on social issues. It's a mixed bag of sadness, anger and disappointment. Hopefully the ship can be steered back on course in the future, and hopefully this shit doesn't gain any traction here (no signs yet thankfully).
    I expect we'll see a political reaction once the Boomers have fully started their die-off and they can't completely monopolize government.

The push for civil rights in the latter part of the last century was our modern day Reformation. We're seeing the Counter-Reformation; but the net trend is still towards reform.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Killing an infant in the womb IS murder, doesn't matter how hard you try to twist the definition.

Just simply ask your self this. Do you consider a 9 month old abortion murder?

If yes, then why not a 5 month old?

WHY
    god i hate the fucking 'when does life start' debate, it is such an utterly pointless distraction from the issue and a massive red herring, and you conservatives *always* win that debate tactic and it's just so sad.

for the sake of argument here i'm gonna just concede to your point that a zygote is a fully formed baby with all its cute widdle fingy-wingies and toesy-woesies, k?
    so that we're on the same page, i am not in any way arguing against the idea that 4 cells that just started splitting post fertilization is identical to a 9 year old, i'll totally just agree with you on that point.

so, having said that: abortion is not murder. it's justifiable homicide.

there are dozens of reasons that we as a society have decided that it's acceptable to kill another human. some of these reasons are given over to the people, and some are reserved to the state. but they exist, and there are many of them.

abortion is simply another one on the list, along with shooting someone dead who is breaking into your house, or a soldier killing an enemy in another country.

You guys need to understand, the moment a baby is conceived you have a complete unique human being.

You may not see it as one because it's only a fetus, but a fetus is merely a stage of development no different than a 9 month old and a grown adult.

The fact that an appropriate time exists is proof enough.

How can you be okay with killing something at 2 months but the moment it reaches 5 or 6 month THEN it's evil.

It's literally the same person.... It's not like it's a rock that suddenly at 6 month it gets a soul.

This has nothing to do with religion I promise you. It's just logic.

Against outside of the mentioned extreme exceptions.

Your comparing an unatural procedure to one made by nature. It's not the same thing.
    So don't use medicine then, none of that is natural. Nobody forces you to.

You guys need to understand, the moment a baby is conceived you have a complete unique human being.
    We know you understand literally nothing about biology dude, you don't need to keep telling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    god i hate the fucking 'when does life start' debate, it is such an utterly pointless distraction from the issue and a massive red herring, and you conservatives *always* win that debate tactic and it's just so sad.

for the sake of argument here i'm gonna just concede to your point that a zygote is a fully formed baby with all its cute widdle fingy-wingies and toesy-woesies, k?
    so that we're on the same page, i am not in any way arguing against the idea that 4 cells that just started splitting post fertilization is identical to a 9 year old, i'll totally just agree with you on that point.

so, having said that: abortion is not murder. it's justifiable homicide.

there are dozens of reasons that we as a society have decided that it's acceptable to kill another human. some of these reasons are given over to the people, and some are reserved to the state. but they exist, and there are many of them.

abortion is simply another one on the list, along with shooting someone dead who is breaking into your house, or a soldier killing an enemy in another country.
    A ratchet hoochie mama who got knocked up on a one night stand has justifiable homicide?

10+ Year Old Account

You may not see it as one because it's only a fetus, but a fetus is merely a stage of development no different than a 9 month old and a grown adult.
    Then why are you trying to give the fetus rights above and beyond what grown adults have, exactly?

How can you be okay with killing something at 2 months but the moment it reaches 5 or 6 month THEN it's evil.

It's literally the same person.... It's not like it's a rock that suddenly at 6 month it gets a soul.
    It's almost as if termination of a pregnancy after 6 months is called an 'induced birth' or something since the fetus is generally viable with modern medical care.

Why are 'extreme exceptions' okay with you?

Admitted Manchin bias incoming. I still say "Eff Manchin!".

For Manchin and Susan Collins to claim ignorance on Federalist picked judges saying they would keep Roe v Wade is cover up. Also fake Dem outrage is silly. They knew

Manchin stated I guess he would vote to codify Roe v Wade. Only problem is he is not voting for the fillibuster, thus all Dem Senators cannot pass. So empty promise
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

better question: how can you be OK with killing a perfectly innocent baby just because its father is an asshole?

that seems morally bankrupt and utterly insanely vile, to visit the sins of the father on an innocent child.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We know you understand literally nothing about biology dude, you don't need to keep telling us.
    No you don't....

Once a sperm and egg meet, you have a complete unique DNA code.

A code that will determine eye color, hair color, height, and personality to am extent and everything else about them for their entire life.

That happens the moment an egg and sperm meet. Don't try to twist that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I expect we'll see a political reaction once the Boomers have fully started their die-off and they can't completely monopolize government.

The push for civil rights in the latter part of the last century was our modern day Reformation. We're seeing the Counter-Reformation; but the net trend is still towards reform.
    I suspect that may be the case, the younger generation seem significantly more progressive (in relation to the older generation) in the US.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

How can you be ok with killing it the morning after?

A ratchet hoochie mama who got knocked up on a one night stand has justifiable homicide?
    on demand without apologize or explanation is the only viable moral stance to have on abortion.

a hoochie mama getting knocked up, a college woman not wanting to derail her career goals, a 30-something just not wanting to deal with it.
    anyone, at any time, for any reason. full stop. no exceptions or exclusions.

i mean obviously you do have to put some limits on it, there's always going to be a point at which you need to consider the rights of the child, so don't go totally crazy - of course i support a time limit on abortion.
    i'd say the 35th or 36th trimester is about the maximum point at which it's OK to have an abortion, any time after that it starts getting a bit dicey about whether or not you're terminating a viable life.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Your view boils a woman down to just her reproductive system.

The question is can we force a woman to go through a life altering scenario? You have to explain logically why it is okay to force a woman to give up her autonomy for another being, but you don't have to. Why is it if I were to say that all people with O- blood type must give blood at least once a year, why is that so immoral to people? Giving blood is far less invasive, but if I were to propose a bill like that most if not every pro-life person would oppose it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Killing an infant in the womb IS murder, doesn't matter how hard you try to twist the definition.

Just simply ask your self this. Do you consider a 9 month old abortion murder?

If yes, then why not a 5 month old?

WHY
    Jebus Crisp grab a biology book or just google the terms baby, fetus, embryo, and fetal viability, how proudly uneducated can one person be?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you don't....

Once a sperm and egg meet, you have a complete unique DNA code.
    K.

So what?