Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Then why are you trying to give the fetus rights above and beyond what grown adults have, exactly?

It's almost as if termination of a pregnancy after 6 months is called an 'induced birth' or something since the fetus is generally viable with modern medical care.

Why are 'extreme exceptions' okay with you?
    Dude there are legit ABORTIONS who am to kill the damn baby. Just stop it ffs. It's evil man plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    No you don't....

Once a sperm and egg meet, you have a complete unique DNA code.

A code that will determine eye color, hair color, height, and personality to am extent and everything else about them for their entire life.

That happens the moment an egg and sperm meet. Don't try to twist that up.
    You still haven't answered the question I asked. You stated that abortion is unnatural. I stated that nature sure does abort fetuses all the time either through miscarriages or stillbirths due to various means, most of them natural. I asked you to prove it isn't natural. Still waiting on that answer.

K.

So what?
    "So what"

Look human life may not have any meaning to you but that's a you problem that's going to lead you to a very dark place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude there are legit ABORTIONS who am to kill the damn baby.
    K, but we're not talking about that. We're talking about abortion as conducted in a regulated medical context.

Just stop it ffs. It's evil man plain and simple.
    And yet you have a really hard time verbalizing exactly why 'it's evil' despite it being plain and simple.

It's almost as if your position is based on bullshit moralizing rather than a cogent ethical or legal argument. Imagine that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    God's will.
    Ok, not to bring a forbidden topic into this conversation, they would have to prove said being exists in the natural world before claiming that to be a thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "So what"

Look human life may not have any meaning to you but that's a you problem that's going to lead you to a very dark place.
    It's hardly human. We can create complete genetic sequences in a petri dish.

10+ Year Old Account
    "So what"

Look human life may not have any meaning to you
    Human life has plenty of meaning to me.

That's why I'm so concerned about humans being stripped of their bodily autonomy by being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term just to satisfy a bunch of slack jawed shitheads in the South.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    You still haven't answered the question I asked. You stated that abortion is unnatural. I stated that nature sure does abort fetuses all the time either through miscarriages or stillbirths due to various means, most of them natural. I asked you to prove it isn't natural. Still waiting on that answer.
    You seriously comparing a miscarriage to a fucking abortion.

Miss carriage happen for many reasons. Baby the baby wasn't developing properly so the fetus dies.

An abortion happen because Pamela fucker her BF with out a condom because it doesn't feel the same.

Ffs

That's why I'm so concerned about humans being stripped of their bodily autonomy by being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term just to satisfy a bunch of slack jawed shitheads in the South.
    yes but you care about the *quality* of human life.

forced birthers only care about human existence, in maximum numbers, regardless of the circumstances or context.

You say that but then are okay with the killing of a 3 month old. You have no idea what your talking about.

10+ Year Old Account

Miss carriage happen for many reasons. Baby the baby wasn't developing properly so the fetus dies.

An abortion happen because Pamela fucker her BF with out a condom because it doesn't feel the same.
    "Feel" being the operative word.

Got news for your, sweetheart, "feels" don't entitle you to dictate someone's healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

I don't think Varx can understand that most pro-choice people don't like abortion, but rather that they dislike the alternative more.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Ffs
    You stated that abortions weren't natural. Miscarriages and stillbirths are natural abortions of a fetus. NATURAL ABORTIONS. Abortion is nothing more then the removal of a fetus from a womb, sometimes at the cost of the life of the fetus.

10+ Year Old Account

Ffs
    Miscarriage aka spontaneous abortions.

It is like comparing being cut by a knife to being cut by teeth/claws of a predator.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    It's hardly human. We can create complete genetic sequences in a petri dish.
    Not of a fucking human being... You can't just create a complete unique human DNA strand.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may that bet then are okay with the killing of a 3 month old. You have no idea what your talking about.
    I've elaborated my position multiple times both from an ethical and a medical standpoint.

All you've done is repeatedly insisted its evil because feels and that you don't hate women because your wife also suffers from internalized misogyny.

So tell me, Will, who exactly doesn't know what they're talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    You stated that abortions weren't natural. Miscarriages and stillbirths are natural abortions of a fetus. NATURAL ABORTIONS. Abortion is nothing more then the removal of a fetus from a womb, sometimes at the cost of the life of the fetus.
    The medical term for a miscarriage is literally spontaneous abortion
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    If you mean that if her life is in danger, then no I don't agree on a red ruling that would dictate that.
    Every birth puts the woman in danger. 750 women died due to maternal causes in the US in 2019. So you are fine with women risking their lives against their will.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Once a sperm and egg meet, you have a complete unique DNA code.
    That is not a baby. You still don't understand basic biology. Which seems to be a point of pride for Republicans.

Do I need to bring up the times that "pro-life" folks thought a dolphin fetus was a human baby?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I don't think Varx can understand that most pro-choice people don't like abortion, but rather that they dislike the alternative more.
    I would not go straight to most.