15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    With all the cross financing, usualy to the detriment of Tesla, and Tesla only being valued as much because of Musk's image in the first place.. yeah, I wouldn't be so sure that losing Tesla is his biggest issue here. His whole billionaire status pretty much hinges on people saying Tesla is worth <fantasy> bucks, despite having less market relevance than most other well established car brands. (Edit: fixed that horrible sentence.. somewhat..)

Btw, I love that the mythos about the engineering genius Elon Musk may finally be dead now; unsurprisingly if I may add, from the perspective of an engineer.
    I'll admit that as recent as a year ago or so, I still believed all of the positive press about Musk, and had mostly been clueless as to all the negative things surrounding him. I'm willing to admit my mistakes after all. Why? Because I didn't have my thumb on the pulse of Musk news, just random snippets I heard.

It bespeaks about just how extensive his campaign at making himself look good was. The general public opinion of him was still very positive back then as well. Once the twitter debacle, as well as his shift to the right became more common knowledge, people decided to put a lot more scrutiny into Musk and the things he'd done.

The Twitter debacle has put the spotlight on him, as well as revealing all the closet skeletons that were only revealed on the fringes. At this point the only people stanning Musk are the hardcore fans who discard evidence against him.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Oh boy, Kanye is back too.

Advertisers love mentally unstable, conspiracy theory spewing antisemites, so I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh boy, Kanye is back too.

Advertisers love mentally unstable, conspiracy theory spewing antisemites, so I hear.
    wasnt he hanging out with nick fuentes today lol

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I give it less than 6 weeks before it breaks, and no one can fix it, since they are down to less than 500 workers now.
    Is that how bad it's gotten there?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    FIFA world cup is coming so prepare for a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I heard from former Twitter workers and tiktokers, it is pretty much worse. They are using a dev code, stuff that isn't tested, there is no security on any of the code they have now. I have heard from some that there is less than 300 workers a few days ago. But there is no confirmation on any of that.

Seeing twitter crash and burn so fast is sad to see, especially given how useful a tool it is for protestors in places like Iran, and for getting news out places like Ukraine.

I have seen people speculating as to why Musk decided to kill twitter like this so soon after his meeting with Putin, pushing a russia-friendly peace idea and trying to re-platform the putin-friendly orange cheeto.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah

absolutely nothing of this clusterfuck screams plan

I mean, turning one of the leading sources of information profitable shouldn't be hard, and manipulating stuff discreetly shouldn't be either.

If he really wanted to just shut it down, do it, not risk lawsuits and all kinds of shit in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I think I'm done.

Idk why a CEO thinks this is a good idea. I'm no stuffy person and don't care about the image. I'm seriously talking about advertisers and oh yeah those so called Christians who should love this image.

Good Luck.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

He's just a low tier shitposter in a company leading position.

Really feel bad for all the small creators who count on Twitter. Sure some of them can migrate to other sites but gona hurt having to reestablish your follower base.

I still find it weird that he made Tesla and SpaceX work but can't handle a website.

I personally don't think Twitter is going anywhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I still find it weird that he made Tesla and SpaceX work but can't handle a website.
    But he didn't. People who are actually good at what they do "make those work" insofar as they actually do work, and don't exist solely on the back of shit like carbon credits, overinflated stock value, and taxpayer funding... But the first thing he did when he bought twitter was fire all the competent staff and then drove most of the rest to quit.

Twitter wasnt going anywhere as is. He impulsively bought a failing company

10+ Year Old Account

He didn't create either of these companies and neither are public platforms where he has free reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Idk why a CEO thinks this is a good idea. I'm no stuffy person and don't care about the image. I'm seriously talking about advertisers and oh yeah those so called Christians who should love this image.

Good Luck.
    Rofl, Elon's like that newfriend finding 4chin over the summer.

IS HE FUCKING COOL YET? PLEASE TELL HIM HE'S THE FUCKIN COOLEST THING SINCE CAB CALLOWAY.

Uh-oh! The twits really are...twits.

Imagine if they hit Disney...and Disney hits back.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2022-11-21 at 06:11 PM.

You are probably right. Tumblr, Pinterest, Quora and Reddit are still around also. I doubt that they are profitable. But they are still around. Actually, I heard Reddit been on a hiring spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Uh-oh! The twits really are...twits.

Imagine if they hit Disney...and Disney hits back.
    Well, they did hit FIFA... I imagine this will get ugly very very quickly.

And in other Musk-related news Tesla shares are today down to $170 (or below) and some analysts now predict it may hit $100. His 15% share has lost $10 billion since the start of this month and other assets seems to have lost an additional $10 billion.