The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    That’s not an NPC using those animations
    Fair enough, but that is the current purpose of those animations. Maybe that can change in the future but the reason those flying animations exist is for NPCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

That’s not an NPC using those animations
    I mean, people can also control the Lich King model. Doesn't mean it was meant to be used by players.

Even so, it's just the exact same as the soar animation + flapping.

The idle animation is just Hover.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I share your concern; anything I suggest is in normative terms. In pragmatic terms I would want them to keep the story surface level, focus on epic feel good moments, do call backs and let the level and quest design do some world building because that's what I think they are best at and what I think the medium allows (unless you change the nature of the game so the gameplay is just the means to the end of reaching the next cinematic). Anything more complex is just too much for this team.
    Perfectly fair. I do actually think that there is some room for good storytelling, though, just not in a concentrated narrative like the one Shadowlands gave us. Having the story sort of happen with our players along for the ride, such as it was in MoP, is my preference.

Democracy and familial oligarchies is not really that distinct when dealing with relatively small populations. You'd have family blocks mostly voting together with respected (and likely older; dragons in fantasy are often gerontocratic) wyrms leading the blocks.
    Then there is the issue of small numbers. Of the five flights, the only one that is numerous seems to be the bronze; the black is pretty much limited to Sabellian's salvaged brood, the blues are a few stray dragons, many greens were wiped by the Nightmare and the reds have fought the most. The Bronzes are probably heading for their own extinction event when Murozond happens and a good part of the flight turns infinite with him.
    That's perfectly fair. I suppose our difference there comes down mostly to semantics—you have a generally good idea in that connection and I can see why you're going in the direction you are. I would prefer for it to be more a matter of deliberation than public opinion, though, and for all decisions to be made entirely by senior Wyrms or younger Dragons with close relations to major brood leaders who are deceased or incapacitated (i.e. Wrathion) rather than by referendum . I think that's what I'd use to draw the line between the gerontocratic aristocratic oligarchy I had in mind and a Draconic representative democracy—however, you are correct that with a small enough population, there is a pretty thin line between a town hall-style New England democracy and a familial oligarchy.

So Danuser confirmed that Ysera is coming back in return for Malfurion going to Ardenweald but that they can trade back when needed. So Malf is joining Sylvanas in the fridge because when you go with the D&D revolving doors of the afterlife, the only use left for it in the story is to serve as a narrative waiting room for characters you want to temporarily remove from the story. Heck technically Vol'jin is in there as well and no character is dead anymore unless they have been disenchanted.

After two expansions of Malfurion being basically a stay-at-home husband, it's clear that Danuser has no interest in him at all. And I think that's a good thing, because the matriarchal roots of elven society are slowly starting to come back after they were scaled back in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves don't need to regress, stop it. I'm still a bit confused at the Malfurion decision but ok.....
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-11-26 at 02:27 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So Danuser confirmed that Ysera is coming back in return for Malfurion going to Ardenweald but that they can trade back when needed. So Malf is joining Sylvanas in the fridge because when you go with the D&D revolving doors of the afterlife, the only use left for it in the story is to serve as a narrative waiting room for characters you want to temporarily remove from the story. Heck technically Vol'jin is in there as well and no character is dead anymore unless they have been disenchanted.
    I forgot that Vol'jin is still in the pod. Considering that he's turning into a Wild God, maybe there's something going to happen between him and Malfurion in the near future? They ARE sending two racial leaders with heavy wild god ties to Ardenweald now.

So Dracthyr already have all the animations they need for normal flight, yet Blizz doesn’t just give us this as a mount.

But then again blizzard doesn’t seem to care about Dracthyr/Evoker cosmetic stuff since they haven’t even given them any glyphs.
    Demon Hunters have had normal flight animations since Legion too and nothing has been done with it to this day, so don't hold out hope. Blizzard hates fun, it is known.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Demon Hunters have had normal flight animations since Legion too and nothing has been done with it to this day, so don't hold out hope. Blizzard hates fun, it is known.
    I think it has more to do with the fact that A) Running Wild Flying couldn't even be used at launch DF/would confuse people with Hober, and B) it's also hard to make an argument at the dev office on why they should make a locked 300 speed flying mount for them when they have a 910% at max glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ye it would suck if they choose to use sabellian for a villain role. He is one of the last named black dragons, hopefully hes character changes during the expansion to be in a supportive role atleast and not push him over the edge. Right now he seems to proud to be in the second place, so hes attitude needs to change.
    Honestly i'd side with Sabelian over Wrathion any day (i mean the arrogant dipshit caused two interdimensional invasions!?).
    Kinda hope they could either co-opt the position,
    thus allaying Wrathion's fears of being corrupted in a way similar to a council being used instead of a warchief for the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I wouldn't be a fan of the First Ones being the "real" pantheon of Order simply on account of the fact that such a change would effectively confirm many people's suspicions that the First Ones are just supposed to be a "one-up" on the Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

I did consider that. There seems to be a trend of "two heads are better than one" lately, what with the revocation of the Warchief title in the Horde, so I figure that lends credence to this concept. It feels like they're probably going to do some kind of compromise since those are such a big deal lately, so it's possible. That, or they both decide to give the title to Ebyssian, but that seems highly unlikely given how arrogant both Wrathion and Sabellian are (then again, these writers aren't the sort to keep characters consistent).
    Fair point on Ebyssian, i mean technically he has had the longest run goibg on Azeroth.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Anybody have any early tips??

Personally I'm making my toon an herbalist/tailor at the beginning to get the extra cloth drops and I'm making sure to do the expedition side quests because of the adventure packs that give insane knowledge.

Last thing is capping before the chromie quests because the heart of azmerloth is extremely strong and getting it at lvl 70 is the best option. I'd also not do the dungeon quests until then as well

It's probably a bad idea but my plan on launch night is to power through to dragonriding, do the glyphs and go to bed. Then I'll just follow the story, I have the week off so no pressure

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Anybody have any early tips??

Personally I'm making my toon an herbalist/tailor at the beginning to get the extra cloth drops and I'm making sure to do the expedition side quests because of the adventure packs that give insane knowledge.

Last thing is capping before the chromie quests because the heart of azmerloth is extremely strong and getting it at lvl 70 is the best option. I'd also not do the dungeon quests until then as well
    Why do I get the feeling they will nerf the heart of azmerloth on launch just to prevent people from getting FOMO if they did the quest earlier?^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

So Dracthyr already have all the animations they need for normal flight, yet Blizz doesn’t just give us this as a mount.

But then again blizzard doesn’t seem to care about Dracthyr/Evoker cosmetic stuff since they haven’t even given them any glyphs.
    Ask yourself why doesn't Blizzard simply use these animations to make this a standard mount for Evokers? Literally no one would be hurt and seeing a dragon riding a dragon is OBJECTIVELY awful looking

They talk about how they really do care and listen but little shit like this makes it evident they really don't

Considering how much community likes to complain about everything, I'm surprised people are rather silent about pre-patch event. It's definitely laziest since MoP - literally no story, dungeon & class are DF content released earlier, which leave us with invasions that are simple mob grinding. But gearing here is extremely fast, so I guess people care most about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Considering how much community likes to complain about everything, I'm surprised people are rather silent about pre-patch event. It's definitely laziest since MoP - literally no story, dungeon & class are DF content released earlier, which leave us with invasions that are simple mob grinding. But gearing here is extremely fast, so I guess people care most about that.
    Its hardly a bad one. It's middling at worst. It could do with more actual stuff in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, but it has a suite of unique rewards and PvE content. Not to mention the dungeon, as well as the Dracthyr opening questline.

SL was an elite spawning in Icecrown at set intervals, most without any good loot. And the zombie event was just the same as in WotLK, except without any good rewards.
    BfA were a smattering of world quests in Darkshore and some quests. Gave a mount, but nothing else to really farm outside the unintended Honor farm.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Night Elves don't need to regress, stop it. I'm still a bit confused at the Malfurion decision but ok.....
    Regress? It's not regressing to remember what the race actually was in the first place. I don't get it, do you want Night Elves to be purple humans or what?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    Ask yourself why doesn't Blizzard simply use these animations to make this a standard mount for Evokers? Literally no one would be hurt and seeing a dragon riding a dragon is OBJECTIVELY awful looking

They talk about how they really do care and listen but little shit like this makes it evident they really don't
    Imagine having a million people, with a million different takes (feedback) on various systems, ALL "offering feedback" to do X, Y, and/or Z. So, when Blizzard listens to X and Y, but ignores Z, they are suddenly "not listening" when actually they are, just not to Z. In this scenario, you are Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    yes it's lazy but it is easy gear for alts and a very solid xp grind. Sure people loved the Legion invasions because of all the effort but you know what they loved the most? The easy xp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Imagine having a million people, with a million different takes (feedback) on various systems, ALL "offering feedback" to do X, Y, and/or Z. So, when Blizzard listens to X and Y, but ignores Z, they are suddenly "not listening" when actually they are, just not to Z. In this scenario, you are Z.
    I mean, welcome to any product in the planet.