Oh wait, is Elon back to pretending this is all about Freeze Peach again? It's difficult to keep track of which Elon wakes up every morning, but it's usually a safe bet that it's the troll Elon.

Most people get their kicks trolling Twitter for free, Elon paid fuckin $44B for that same privilege lol.

Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    Again how is it cancer when people use it for useful things?

ANY social media these days would turn out the same way, twitter is not the issue - people are.
    When is a gun a problem when its being used for useful things right? Some tools need limitations or it can run amuck and cause more damage than it does good. Twitter is in that department in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...O-OzcO9D1yBVbg

Another post by multiple people were saying that Elon has been calling and berating advertisers who left. Sorry don't have this tweet, busy. Idk if these tweets were preemptive to the Apple tweet. Calling out an advertiser on Twitters and crying about something that is not close, probably not a good business decision.

He then @ Tim Cook. Love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the one where is Community Notes called him out? No matter what, Elon off the rails and I'm here for it.
    Notice Tim Cook kept his mouth shut and no Twitter posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Tim Cook presumably doesn't have to publicly troll in a desperate attempt to drive engagement to his social media company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving it. Everyday brings in a new level of, "Elon is waaay dumber than I thought."

He's picking twitter fights with a company vastly wealthier than his. Also, his top customer and distributor.
    Others have pointed out that Elon Musk uses Trump's bullying tactics but he's not good at it.
    He tries to bully people who can easily fight back and win. Like he tried to stiff those fired executives but they can actually afford to sue him.

The only people maybe dumber than Elon, are his fanbois and bankers.
    Government Affiliated Snark

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hrm, teams responsible for dealing with astroturfing bots are gone and Twitter is also seeing record engagement according to Elon.

Curious.
    It's almost as if Twitter has MORE bots now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh wait, is Elon back to pretending this is all about Freeze Peach again? It's difficult to keep track of which Elon wakes up every morning, but it's usually a safe bet that it's the troll Elon.

Most people get their kicks trolling Twitter for free, Elon paid fuckin $44B for that same privilege lol.
    To be fair, everyone who had blocked/muted Musk was forced to listen to him now, since he perma unblocked himself from everyone who had blocked him. You can still mute him... again, but it's impossible to block him.

$44B for the control to make yourself unblockable? Musk bought a very expensive soapbox for himself.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Tim Cook presumably doesn't have to publicly troll in a desperate attempt to drive engagement to his social media company.
    In the first quarter of this year, Apple was the top advertiser on Twitter—spending $48 million on ads—according to the Washington Post, which cited a document compiled from Twitter’s internal data. That accounted for more than 4% of Twitter’s overall revenue for that quarter.

Ouch. That had to hurt a lot.

12 of the top 18 US pharmaceutical advertisers reduced their Twitter ad spending to zero. Merck, AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly, Novartis, are Pfizer are key contributors to this new movement.

Six firms exhibited continued investment here, however the majority only inputted a few hundred/ thousand dollars. The only exception is German pharmaceutical company Bayer, totaling $480,000 in the same week most reduced down to zero.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-11-28 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    CNN to Elon Musk after sharing fake headline: ‘Be Better’

So, yeah, Musk is now willingly spreading misinformation. Was it worth $44 billion just to pretend you're smart enough to write for TheOnion?
    Even the Babylon Bee wouldn't want him. Gutfield might take him on though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Some heads of companies actually work to run said companies.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    To be fair, everyone who had blocked/muted Musk was forced to listen to him now, since he perma unblocked himself from everyone who had blocked him. You can still mute him... again, but it's impossible to block him.

$44B for the control to make yourself unblockable? Musk bought a very expensive soapbox for himself.
    Holy cow that guy must have transparent skin along with his micro penis, how sad of a person does he have to be that out of everything he made sure that happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Holy cow that guy must have transparent skin along with his micro penis, how sad of a person does he have to be that out of everything he made sure that happened.
    I don't even follow Musk, nor does anyone on my follow/mutuals. But I always see his tweets. So he's basically set himself as a forced viewing unless you just mute him.

At least the one funny part is that every time he's a blatant liar, he gets fact checked by Twitter's own systems. I do wonder how long that "feature" will last every time Musk makes a fool of himself?

Ah who am I kidding, he probably doesn't care. His comment threads are always full of racist anti-woke assholes posting "triggered libs" memes. That's all he wanted. Validation.

What do you do when the left doesn't worship you like a god, and they still won't even with electric cars and rockets? Pander to the right. The right and the alt-right are the easiest shit heads to get validation from. Just tell them all the anti-woke stuff and they'll worship you. Trump and Musk are so incredibly similar when you look into their personality and terrible business acumen. Both are only rich because of daddy's money and are just grifters taking credit for other people's work that they "own".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

https://www.businessinsider.com/desa...witter-2022-11

Rofl, anti-capitalist fucks like Ron DeSantis in Florida (of whom Elon is a big fan!) is now saying there should be investigations into Apple's monopoly power if they choose to delist Twitter.

Once again, conservatives correctly identify a problem but go about it in the absolute dumbest way possible that in no way, shape, or form even pretends to address core issues with their operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I don't even follow Musk, nor does anyone on my follow/mutuals. But I always see his tweets. So he's basically set himself as a forced viewing unless you just mute him.

At least the one funny part is that every time he's a blatant liar, he gets fact checked by Twitter's own systems. I do wonder how long that "feature" will last every time Musk makes a fool of himself?

Ah who am I kidding, he probably doesn't care. His comment threads are always full of racist anti-woke assholes posting "triggered libs" memes. That's all he wanted. Validation.

What do you do when the left doesn't worship you like a god, and they still won't even with electric cars and rockets? Pander to the right. The right and the alt-right are the easiest shit heads to get validation from. Just tell them all the anti-woke stuff and they'll worship you. Trump and Musk are so incredibly similar when you look into their personality and terrible business acumen. Both are only rich because of daddy's money and are just grifters taking credit for other people's work that they "own".
    I wonder how this shit show is going to affect Tesla sales, there's a reason Fox News runs the bottom of the barrel advertisers that demographic is old and doesn't buy things like Teslas as often. Oh the ways Elon is shooting himself in the foot we won't know for a few months but it sure is funny watching this plane crash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Twitter is going HARD with the ads. Up until a couple of days ago, after the Musk takeover, I literally only saw a few crypto scam ads. Every since cyber monday I see 2 real tweets and then some clickbait ad for a product. Products which I've seen reviewed by youtubers. Like "the most powerful light" isn't actually the most powerful light and is some kind of cheap knockoff that steals ad shots from other flashlights. The amount of sheer junk that twitter is spamming on my feed is amazing.

But I guess for Musk to make up for losing millions each day, he had to start spamming commercials eh?

I wonder how this shit show is going to affect Tesla sales, there's a reason Fox News runs the bottom of the barrel advertisers that demographic is old and doesn't buy things like Teslas as often. Oh the ways Elon is shooting himself in the foot we won't know for a few months but it sure is funny watching this plane crash.
    I mean, you gotta be some kinda genius when you own an electric car company and yet spend all your free time "owning the libs".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    As far as I know, this was Elon Musk's Twitter post this morning.
    And woe betide the creature who steps into his garden. Heh heh
    Who drinks that many caffeine free diet coke, kind of explains very little.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I mean, you gotta be some kinda genius when you own an electric car company and yet spend all your free time "owning the libs".
    Maybe he thinks he can get them to buy more cars by insulting them, the guy has issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Who drinks that many caffeine free diet coke, kind of explains very little.
    Frankly the diet coke part was the most disturbing part of that picture, that shit taste gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly the diet coke part was the most disturbing part of that picture, that shit taste gross.
    Well for me it’s the fact I know he has the best private security money can buy, but the poser ass fake hipster gun and hand cannon with Washington crossing the Deleware is the most disturbing.

I mean why would he sleep with those things by his bed. Does he think he’s George fucking Washington or some shit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    As far as I know, this was Elon Musk's Twitter post this morning.
    And woe betide the creature who steps into his garden. Heh heh
    A real cyberpunk firearms fan would have a Maeteba Model 6 Unica (arguably the most awesome revolver ever produced):
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    A real cyberpunk firearms fan would have a Maeteba Model 6 Unica (arguably the most awesome revolver ever produced):
    actually, I think that is a bad(as in crappy) Deus Ex: Human Revolution revolver model

Last edited by D Luniz; 2022-11-30 at 11:33 PM.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.