7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    He needs to be at Blizzcon. Chris literally set the hype bar every time.
    If we ever get live Blizzcons again...
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    If we ever get live Blizzcons again...
    Good news for you then

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/6/23...rn-mike-ybarra

something something revamp confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Blizzard is simply terrible at story writing.

Sure, but they do have great writers who can produce awesome stuff for the side quests that don't need to connect to anything, but for big continuous narrative they have, are, and will be doing only trash.
    Blizzard hiring competent, passionate writers who are not extremely ego driven could be one of the best things that could happen to WoW ever. Especially if such writers could have control over and access to other mediums to tell the story as well. For example campaigns like in WC3/TFT in an properly developed WC4. And/or a Warcraft series in the style of the ingame cinematics, like the WoD and onwards ones. Arcane series for WoW so to speak. But i guess the chances for that are slim.

It is nice to see him back but the cynic in me can't help but focus on the term Advisor and think of how he can advise all he wants and they can ignore it too.

Hope not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Store mounts existing undermine any and all "the sub is the paid tier" arguments. They can and will charge extra for shit on top of the sub.
    Unless they decide to kill the store mounts in the traditional sense and just sell the trading post currency directly while putting new 'store mounts' in the trading post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Blizzard hiring competent, passionate writers who are not extremely ego driven could be one of the best things that could happen to WoW ever. Especially if such writers could have control over and access to other mediums to tell the story as well. For example campaigns like in WC3/TFT in an properly developed WC4. And/or a Warcraft series in the style of the ingame cinematics, like the WoD and onwards ones. Arcane series for WoW so to speak. But i guess the chances for that are slim.
    You are making way too many assumptions on the current writer team.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You are making way too many assumptions on the current writer team.
    The main story in WoW is shallow, non-sensical or down right crap for a long time. So no, i don't think so.

Part of me hopes that we get more grit back in WoW with the return of Chris.

10.0.5 ptr build up! Safe to say a bunch of those icons are trading post stuff. Mount recolors, that's fine.

Darkmoon jester transmog set apparently? Neat.

Also...

"sunmoonwarden" armor set.

Breathes heavily.

edit: There's also a kind of spectral tiger that has a moon and sun form you can choose. Neat.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2022-12-16 at 12:22 AM.

Achievements for completing public orders are nice and all, but unless Blizzard artificially drives up demand then I doubt they are going to be fulfilled any time soon.
    I said before that the supply/demand graph is in the negatives, and with the additional incentives for completing orders I genuinely think that crafters would be willing to pay large sums for the privelige of crafting.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    There's also a kind of spectral tiger that has a moon and sun form you can choose. Neat.
    I like the idea that the OG Night Elf Wardens are moon wardens & the Blood Elf Wardens Maeiv made in TBC are sun wardens: But it looks like the armor & mount might actually transform depending on the in-game time of day: A first for WoW cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I like the idea that the OG Night Elf Wardens are moon wardens & the Blood Elf Wardens Maeiv made in TBC are sun wardens: But it looks like the armor & mount might actually transform depending on the in-game time of day: A first for WoW cosmetics.
    Hm, not as happy if it changes with the time since I'd rather choose when but I'll take it for the armor at least if only so I can wear a warden's gear.

I have to wonder whether it will be related to potential Night Elf storylines in the Dragon Isles. Or even be a return to heritage armor.
    It being from the trading post would be great, but the outfit just screams Nelf themed, and I imagine it would be a lot of work to make such a well designed det work on every WoW race.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I have to wonder whether it will be related to potential Night Elf storylines in the Dragon Isles. Or even be a return to heritage armor.
    It being from the trading post would be great, but the outfit just screams Nelf themed, and I imagine it would be a lot of work to make such a well designed det work on every WoW race.
    Considering the item description for the corresponding mount, the warden gear appears to be from the Trading post, & given the storyline in TBC really anyone can be a warden if they really want to. In fact I think the entirely new "Sun Warden" & naming semantics suggests they were invented to tie it in thematically with An'she & Mu'sha. The Sun & Moon seem to be the most ancient subjects of worship in all Azeroth cultures.

If the icon is any indication, the silver & white version of the armor evokes Tyrande's redesign: I expected that to be related to a storyline involving Demon Hunter's crisis of identity. Which is a bit of what they did. There's former demon hunter druids in Valsharah, and demon hunters clearly have options of embracing their demonic outcast identity or joining the wardens.

blood elf sun wardens? never heard about that before.

i've read somewhere that Metzen was adamant that night elves can't ride orange cats - and the day they announce his return they reveal orange cats for an iconic night elf class. what does that mean?..
    https://youtu.be/ii2255XpJ-s?t=38

There's former demon hunter druids in Valsharah, and demon hunters clearly have options of embracing their demonic outcast identity or joining the wardens.
    could you link this one too?
    Last edited by guro-tchai; 2022-12-16 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    blood elf sun wardens? never heard about that before.
    "Sun Warden" is a new term (used in the data for the armor icons) but most of the Wardens fighting Illidan's forces in Outland are disgruntled blood elves recruited by Maiev. That's why the OG warden model's eyes glow green.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Blizzard has added so many armor sets that could be nelf heritage armor over the years and made it unobtainable. I seriously doubt it will be that.
    Probably just a set for everyone(especially tauren rogues) in the new shop

"SunMoonWarden"

What kind of fuckery are you up to now, Danuser? I guess this is what you need to be able to okay Night Elf Paladins?

As a sidenote, if the armor and the mount shift automatically based on the situation and the player can't decide to have one or the other at will, then, wow, that's kind of a big Monkey's Paw for all 5 remaining avid Night Elf fans who've been craving Warden transmog forever, lol.

"Sun Warden" is a new term (used in the data for the armor icons) but most of the Wardens fighting Illidan's forces in Outland are disgruntled blood elves recruited by Maiev. That's why the OG warden model's eyes glow green.
    from the Illidan novel? could you corroborate?