Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    The sad fact is that modern WoW without some sort of borrowed power is just boring.

Right? I'm shocked I agree with this, as I hated it in BfA and SL, but for some reason was ok with it in Legion.

That is the problem with WoW. That game in the first 2 weeks and the game when the season starts are different games. In the first one you have a vibrant and rewarding overworld. Once the season starts you get the lobby game.
    They tried to fix that with elemental invasions. But, i'm not sure they are rewarding enough.

Oh i 100% disagree that borrowed power provides any sort of fun. You are free to ask for your own that works only in the overworld. I don't want to be forced to engage with it to be competitive in other aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2023-01-25 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    I mean yeah, there's not much PVE content to do in the game when you actively refuse to raiding and M+.

It would probably take me 8 hours to reach 391 ILVL upon dinging on an alt, so I can see why you feel stuck in a rut after 2 months.
    Maybe the game just isn't for you anymore bro
    All true enough but if Blizzard is truly committed to "play the game your own way" knowing that there are players like this and why they are bored isn't a bad thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Not sure if its me or its them, most likely a little bit of both, but I agree with this, and I've been playing since day 1 of vanilla. I usually play at least through the raids, but for some reason DF just isn't doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Right? I'm shocked I agree with this, as I hated it in BfA and SL, but for some reason was ok with it in Legion.
    Because Legion was borrowed power done right. BFA/SL Borrowed power was boring as fuck and made people hate the concept entirely.

Titanforging was also fun as fuck as a casual. Going out and doing all the gear WQs hoping you hit the jackpot was addicting.
    Last edited by varren; 2023-01-25 at 04:13 AM.

wow gets boring when you get tired of inflating item level.
    unless you have a deep need to have 9999 ilvl Wow will get boring extremely quickly.

perhaps PVP can offer a different challenge, be it BGs or smaller arenas.

That's improvement. Back in WoD and Shadowlands I got bored after 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a break, play something else. I've never understood why people assume there should be a game you can play for over a decade without ever getting bored of it. I don't think it's a sign of a bad game, it's just a sign, that you've played the game A LOT, and it can no longer hold you for hundreds of hours. And it's fine. I also bought 2 months of game time with the expansion, it'll expire soon, so I'll just won't buy new time until maybe 10.1. And I don't see a problem with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Because Legion was borrowed power done right. BFA/SL Borrowed power was boring as fuck and made people hate the concept entirely.

Titanforging was also fun as fuck as a casual. Going out and doing all the gear WQs hoping you hit the jackpot was addicting.
    Right-ish. I never saw the artifact weapons as especially cool thing. Most of the quests to get them were pretty basic and they never felt like anything special (because everyone had the exact same thing). Legion did other stuff correct though, and I think they should've kept updating and utilizing Order Halls in expansions after Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    everything between them and raiding/keyrunning is just an annoyance.
    Absolutely right. Thank fuck they made all the rest of it optional, easily the best expansion in the last decade.

OP: what you're complaining about is like watching an episode of the same TV show, every night, with no nights off, for two months straight, and then complaining when you get bored. Except it's not even like that, it's like watching an episode of the 10th season of a show in the same way after having done the same thing with the last 9 seasons.

People have such absurd expectations of what they should get out of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    Not sure if its me or its them, most likely a little bit of both, but I agree with this, and I've been playing since day 1 of vanilla. I usually play at least through the raids, but for some reason DF just isn't doing it for me.
    I can't imagine why. Maybe it's because you've been playing the same core game for about as long as it takes for a person to go from conception to adulthood. Or idk maybe it's because Blizzard bad and made a shit game and whatever. You're probably right.
    Last edited by Nzx; 2023-01-25 at 05:19 AM.

Quit DF at 62, The constant ”Have to wait on the ground” for those energy nodes probably the biggest reason.

WOTLK and Blade & Soul is taking all my time.

Don’t need DF as well, Retail WoW is not enjoyable anyway

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    This is what the vocal portion of the playerbase wanted, nothing to do outside of just raids/M+ so that they could just raid/M+. They're not interested in a game beyond that and everything between them and raiding/keyrunning is just an annoyance. Apparently, these are the people that align most closely with what the WoW devs want to do so that's the path WoW has taken.

If you enjoy raids/M+ and hate everything else, then I'm sure DF is a fantastic expansion. If you like some MMORPG in your MMORPG, then WoW is not a very good game for you.
    How come? You mean the forced player power grinds in previous xpacs? wow worked perfectly fine without player power and since legion they introduced it and players got sick of it.

Also - what differenciate wow from other MMORPGs that makes it not a MMORPG?

- - - Updated - - -

It worked in Legion because of the Class Halls that had skins, mounts etc tied to them.

But ALOT of ppl were mad about it during Legion too. Neverending WQ+maw of soul runs all day everyday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Quit DF at 62, The constant ”Have to wait on the ground” for those energy nodes probably the biggest reason.

I get it, it sucked not having full vigor on your dragon from the start. But, its SO easy to max out dragonriding. fly through every zone, snatch the glyphs and voila. Done. Dont take long either. Maybe 1 hour tops.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that was because it was new at the time. In saying that though borrowed power is not inherently bad, but you do gotta hit the mark with it or else it is dog shit. Borrowed power since legion never felt good to progress with most of the time and the most important part was that it wasn't account wide. Some boring shit still had to be repeated on alts.

Destiny 2s take on borrowed power is a good example, it changes from season to season so if you don't like it then you don't have to wait until a new expansion just wait for the next season which is about 3 months.
    Last edited by Skylarking; 2023-01-25 at 09:40 AM.

So... you dont want to raid, dont want to do m+, dont want to level alts.

So you are cutting out 80% of the end-game content and then complain that you feel bored... ok.
    With 30 to 45 minutes per night there is absolutely no chance that you're done with all the world quests, gotten renown up, nor done all the solo content available.

Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    So... you dont want to raid, dont want to do m+, dont want to level alts.

So you are cutting out 80% of the end-game content and then complain that you feel bored... ok.
    With 30 to 45 minutes per night there is absolutely no chance that you're done with all the world quests, gotten renown up, nor done all the solo content available.
    I think too many players want wow to force them to play. Add something that forces them to stay logged in and grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

Its meh at the start yes, I feel like making players wait that long to regen was absolutely a mistake.
    However you can fix it in an hour (or less) by just flying around collecting all the glyphs, you don't need to progress the story beyond the basic unlocking of Dragonflying to do this, and once done its also fully unlocked for all alts.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    The sad fact is that modern WoW without some sort of borrowed power is just boring.
    unlike the "good old" wow, where you were pretty much just raidloging after a month... so much more interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    What should have been the easiest spec arms warrior is now just bloated with shit and shit that changes depending on whether you want to be aoe king or single target king. Don't take my word for it

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-bloat/1496329
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-bloat/1492374
    Read through a lot of posts there and most people are just lost. The common concensus is people want high end gear with high end DPS without having to do high end content or play at a high end level. Essentially, people want the skill ceiling lowered so it's easier for them to skill/gear cap. Where does the cap stop? How low is too low? Would you be happy playing WoW if it was locked to level 30 with only classic dungeons (no heroic or mythic)? You'd be able to fully play your class and get all the best gear without breaking a sweat. Or would that still be too hard? This is a genuine question, is that what you want? Rather would you be happy with that?

Just wish Blizzard would finally add something to end game beyond Raid or die, or M+. Another way to upgrade your character and gear besides Mythic plus dungeons and Raid runs.
    What would YOU add?

I like raiding and keys. Everything else is boring and without challenge or purpose. Going for famed slayer is not something I do anymore but I intend to at least get cutting edge and hopefully the m+ season title. Those are my reasons for playing.

Lmao, this post is way too good to just get buried on a page no one will ever read. I wonder if people sit around getting giddy about the next expansion release so they can make a post complaining about it about a month later.

I miss the times when these threads would just be filled with "can I have your stuff?" instead of people engaging as if the OP is posting this in anything close to good faith.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    because it was new.