Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree. But my personal desires don't blind me to what is so flagrantly being set up here. In fact, the reason you dismiss Emberthal is another point for her: Blizzard has been trying to legitimize Dracthyr as dragons since the moment they were announced. What better way to hammer their status as dragons in than to make one of them an Aspect outright?
    I suppose I see your point. Perhaps I am merely averse to the concept on account of it being a Dragon Aspect that isn't a Dragon. Still, I just don't think she is as enjoyable a character to watch as Wrathion or Sabellian, and I don't know if her military kind of authority would mesh well with the way the position is supposed to work. Furthermore, in spite of Blizzard's statements, it is simply the case that Dracthyr are not dragons, and I feel as though any effort to vindicate that statement is doomed to fall flat. Even relative to Ebyssian, there is something comparatively enjoyable about seeing the wise old competent sort take charge instead of being upstaged by the younger, more proactive heroes, whereas the "reluctant leader" trope is honestly quite overdone.

Dracthyr aren't dragons and aren't said to be dragons, they are more akin to Drakonids. Its a hard pill to swallow but they just didn't make Dragons playable for the Dragon expansion.

For the reason they aren't dragons, it's silly that one should be an aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Weird cause I've never seen that version of the building anywhere (and having mucked around on certain 'building' private servers I know that building isnt in the BFA game files.

Maybe the pics of the dungeon are taken from a different build that went live and those wmo's just arent in it yet?
    Figured out why I couldn't find it, it's not a separate model but baked into one giant model for that part of the dungeon.

Closer peek at the two factions parts of the model: Alliance - Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The issue is that this reflects well on Ebyssian only because it was done with that express purpose. Although Wrathion and Sabellian are not totally out-of-character, they are seemingly expressing themselves only at their worst and most absolutely insufferable; their portrayal within the context of the patch and its content seems to be specifically oriented around Blizzard being able to justify putting Ebyssian in power.
    I'd disagree since the supposition of an agenda of some kind on the part of the developers isn't really in line with the continuity of the characters from their very introductions - Wrathion and Sabellian aren't *suddenly* insufferable, they've always been so. Similarly, Ebyssian isn't suddenly the elder statesman and mediator of the Black Dragonflight as he's been in that mold since [i]Legion[/] and on into BfA. Sabellian and Wrathion embody the qualities of desperation and entitlement, respectively; whereas Ebyssian is more the aspect of reluctance or acceptance as concerns the legacy of what it is to be of the Black Dragonflight.

I'd say all three of them need more growth before becoming the Earthwarder if that's to be any of their fates, but Ebyssian is in the lead nonetheless.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Right! I wanna see a new model for Merithra. And for Ebyssian as well. I liked the nose ring and the chains, but he's gotta have a complete unique design, not just a couple of 3d elements. I'm glad this might mean Nozdormu makes it out and I'm curious to see how he avoids his fate, if he does.
    The 3d pieces only show up in the cutscenes and not when you see him in game which is a weird limitation imo.

He did get an small model upgrade, but a weird one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yikes. Slow cow wins the race? I guess Aspects had to fit their racial diversity quota!
    The most boring out of the three, with the lamest race model: Tauren.. would have liked a human visage like Neltharion more. It would have been real lame if chromie would have been aspect. She would obviously be bigger, meaning an oversized gnome standing in valdrakken. More like a giant baby. Luckily it seems Nozdormu seems to stay.

I guess it makes sense as he is the calm one, still not great, but not terrible either.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-05-12 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Figured out why I couldn't find it, it's not a separate model but baked into one giant model for that part of the dungeon.

Closer peek at the two factions parts of the model: Alliance - Horde
    I see there also the new dwarf tank which was datamined earlier, but which was apart then. Is that a loose item or are we onto something

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just say that I'm thoroughly enjoying DF. This is quickly becoming my favorite expansion since MoP.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'll just say that I'm thoroughly enjoying DF. This is quickly becoming my favorite expansion since MoP.
    Good for you!!

Wonder who the final boss is going to be if Galakrond is in the mega dungeon. Just corrupted Iridikron?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The spell is called Aspects favor, and there is one for Noz with his head as the icon, and there is one for the black dragon aspect, and the icon has a nose ring.

And there is only 1 prominent draconic character with a nose ring.
    I think Ebyssian's nose ring is a bit to on the nose.
    Last edited by huth; 2023-05-12 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Dracthyr aren't dragons and aren't said to be dragons, they are more akin to Drakonids. Its a hard pill to swallow but they just didn't make Dragons playable for the Dragon expansion.

For the reason they aren't dragons, it's silly that one should be an aspect.
    I think its weird they would repeat giving an Aspect title to a non-dragon when it wasn't popular when they did it with Thrall.

From a narrative stand point, I also think its weird given how a lot of the Dracthyr's story is actively trying to get out of the shadow of dragons. But I guess we will see. They seem pretty desperate to try to convince people dracthyr are every bit as legitimate as DKs or DHs.

Personally I think Emberthal would be better suited for a new role that acts as the hand of all the Aspects or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Wonder who the final boss is going to be if Galakrond is in the mega dungeon. Just corrupted Iridikron?
    Probably Iridikron with some gimmicks. Wouldn't be surprised if he eats the other ones and becomes the magna-incarnate by the end of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I suppose I see your point. Perhaps I am merely averse to the concept on account of it being a Dragon Aspect that isn't a Dragon. Still, I just don't think she is as enjoyable a character to watch as Wrathion or Sabellian, and I don't know if her military kind of authority would mesh well with the way the position is supposed to work. Furthermore, in spite of Blizzard's statements, it is simply the case that Dracthyr are not dragons, and I feel as though any effort to vindicate that statement is doomed to fall flat. Even relative to Ebyssian, there is something comparatively enjoyable about seeing the wise old competent sort take charge instead of being upstaged by the younger, more proactive heroes, whereas the "reluctant leader" trope is honestly quite overdone.
    Again, I don't necessarily disagree. But it's been telegraphed to the point of being a foregone conclusion, in my opinion.

Look at it from a writer's perspective. Until Dragonflight, we assumed Wrathion was a shoo-in. Sabellian was reintroduced not as a true contender, but to introduce to the reader that there was uncertainty about who would fill that role. If Wrathion was going to become an Aspect, there would be no reason to introduce uncertainty. Sabellian is also used as a roundabout was of damning Deathwing's direct legacy. And how do we make sure the players understand that Wrathion's immaturity and Sabellian's entitlement result in both being unworthy to lead?

That's where Ebonhorn comes in. He's more of a plot device to speak to the player than he is an actual character with a material impact on the narrative. He is there to tell us that neither Wrathion nor Sabellian are suited to the role. He is here because Blizzard doesn't trust its players to read into the subtext - he needs to telegraph what we should be thinking loud and clear.

Enter Emberthal. A character tightly connected to the black dragonflight as it once was, before it devolved. A leader by design, but one who is now interrogating her role in the world. Ebonhorn prompts her to question the legacy of her creation. She is consistently set up to be looking out for the good of her people, wishing to avoid additional death and pursue reconciliation. A true empathizer. Something we see her successfully accomplish with the Sundered Flame. Her decisiveness is also showcased, making a decision that would have been agonizing for Wrathion and Sabellian effortlessly for the greater good. And again, Ebonhorn chastises the "true" contenders while praising Emberthal. Again, I believe him to be the kingmaker in this narrative.

"Lead the way," indeed. And pay close attention to how he says that line. It's as if he's having a little internal satisfied chuckle, as he has found someone worthy of being the new Aspect, hidden in plain sight. She is positioned as a reinventor while the black dragonflight as a whole is positioned as being in need of reinvention.

With all this in mind, I just can't fathom them not going in this direction. They've done all the groundwork to make the move. It falls in line with the current proclivities of the WoW writing room to legitimize Dracthyr as a concept. I suppose they could make Ebonhorn Aspect, but given the narrative that they've already told, that would simply be poor writing at this point. He simply hasn't been set up for that mantle. He could have been set up more convincingly with a more satisfying narrative than Emberthal's, but he simply hasn't been. She has the set up. It's simply a matter of waiting for the pay off now, probably tying her in to Adamanthia.
    Last edited by Berkilak; 2023-05-12 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I see there also the new dwarf tank which was datamined earlier, but which was apart then. Is that a loose item or are we onto something
    Nope, all merged into the same model interestingly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Totally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Good for you!!
    Yes, it truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Ya know...it's funny...

Cause I actually thought up the idea that MAYBE Iridikron could've or had gained some of Galakrond's powers somehow, hence likely further solidifying either him or Murozond as the potential final boss candidates...

Never thought I may end up correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I did. I did think I would end up correct lol
    With all this ludicrious self praising and arrogance, I think YOU should be the new aspect of the black dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Murozond.

Iridikron is giving me big overarching villain vibes to replace the likes of Sargeras etc. my theory is his aim is to devour the essence of all the cosmic powers. He’s going to absorb decay magic from Galakrond, and he’ll invade the Dream in the final patch to devour the essence of life. With an eventual plan to do the same for the Light, Fel, Void and Arcane.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know...it's funny...

Cause I actually thought up the idea that MAYBE Iridikron could've or had gained some of Galakrond's powers somehow, hence likely further solidifying either him or Murozond as the potential final boss candidates...

- - - Updated - - -

You don’t have a track record for being correct. I remember during last leak season you were adamant that the Realm of Life would be the expansion taking place in place of Dragonflight.

Now you are a adamant that next expansion will be the Realm of Order despite very little pointing in that direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know...it's funny...

- - - Updated - - -

Settle down there, its not a big deal being proven right. Eventually you'll lose, like gambling.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ebyssian as aspect also gives Horde a connection to the aspects that's more like Ysera and the Nelves. I think that is another good reason to have him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Again, I don't necessarily disagree. But it's been telegraphed to the point of being a foregone conclusion, in my opinion.

Look at it from a writer's perspective. Until Dragonflight, we assumed Wrathion was a shoo-in. Sabellian was reintroduced not as a true contender, but to introduce to the reader that there was uncertainty about who would fill that role. If Wrathion was going to become an Aspect, there would be no reason to introduce uncertainty. Sabellian is also used as a roundabout was of damning Deathwing's direct legacy. And how do we make sure the players understand that Wrathion's immaturity and Sabellian's entitlement result in both being unworthy to lead?

That's where Ebonhorn comes in. He's more of a plot device to speak to the player than he is an actual character with a material impact on the narrative. He is there to tell us that neither Wrathion nor Sabellian are suited to the role. He is here because Blizzard doesn't trust its players to read into the subtext - he needs to telegraph what we should be thinking loud and clear.

Enter Emberthal. A character tightly connected to the black dragonflight as it once was, before it devolved. A leader by design, but one who is now interrogating her role in the world. Ebonhorn prompts her to question the legacy of her creation. She is consistently set up to be looking out for the good of her people, wishing to avoid additional death and pursue reconciliation. A true empathizer. Something we see her successfully accomplish with the Sundered Flame. Her decisiveness is also showcased, making a decision that would have been agonizing for Wrathion and Sabellian effortlessly for the greater good. And again, Ebonhorn chastises the "true" contenders while praising Emberthal. Again, I believe him to be the kingmaker in this narrative.

"Lead the way," indeed. And pay close attention to how he says that line. It's as if he's having a little internal satisfied chuckle, as he has found someone worthy of being the new Aspect, hidden in plain sight. She is positioned as a reinventor while the black dragonflight as a whole is positioned as being in need of reinvention.

With all this in mind, I just can't fathom them not going in this direction. They've done all the groundwork to make the move. It falls in line with the current proclivities of the WoW writing room to legitimize Dracthyr as a concept. I suppose they could make Ebonhorn Aspect, but given the narrative that they've already told, that would simply be poor writing at this point. He simply hasn't been set up for that mantle. He could have been set up more convincingly with a more satisfying narrative than Emberthal's, but he simply hasn't been. She has the set up. It's simply a matter of waiting for the pay off now, probably tying her in to Adamanthia.
    This is all very good literary analysis, but I'm still highly doubtful that this is the intended trajectory of the storyline on account of how Ebyssian is evidently depicted in the icon that broached the topic. Of course, this could be a very effective and deliberate red herring specifically designed to throw people off, though I doubt Blizzard would really be of the mind to do a strong bait-and-switch like that on account of how remarkably unsubtle they are otherwise. As much as you clearly have a very strong idea of how such a decision could be sensible from a purely internal perspective, I believe you're honestly just giving too much credit to it and thinking far more about this than is warranted. Still, I see your point; your literary analysis is very strong, and I understand your line of thinking very well.