Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, this seems quite plausible to me. I've taken the Infinite dungeon to suggest that Deios is successful, and the Murozond is retroactively created out of Nozdormu in an odd, Dragon Break-esque situation. I like the idea that all possible events begin to retroactively have always happened simultaneously in a brief moment in which the sands of time are no longer flowing chronologically. This results in an unprecedented situation in which the world starts to look something like the Dreg Heap from Dark Souls III, or perhaps a worldwide version of the Caverns of Time, as all timelines start merging into one another. Perhaps people exist alongside their alternate selves, or perhaps they begin merging with them as they have to struggle with wholly-contradictory memories of the same events. Those who died in the main timeline go mad in knowing that they are not going mad as they are slotted into a world safely devoid of another variant of themselves.
    My understanding is, Deios succeeds while Iridikron distracts us by turning Nozdormu Infinite all the way back before they became Aspects. Then we race through the timeways to get BEFORE that happens and stop him.
    So we do see an Infinite AU but we go far back in time to stop it from ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I want a knight/medieval themed expansion, have some quests about politics of certain Houses and stuff like that.

More precisely - i would like a expansion like that if at least partial revamp is not happening.
    While you could easily do an entire game around that, i don't think it's a good match for WoW. And Crusader Kings already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My understanding is, Deios succeeds while Iridikron distracts us by turning Nozdormu Infinite all the way back before they became Aspects. Then we race through the timeways to get BEFORE that happens and stop him.
    So we do see an Infinite AU but we go far back in time to stop it from ever happening.
    That would be a shame. I'm kind of endeared to this whole idea now, and I think it would be a nice way to resolve some of the dumber implications of the cosmology re: alternate universes.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    While you could easily do an entire game around that, i don't think it's a good match for WoW. And Crusader Kings already exists.
    Is it? I think you can pretty much match up most themes with WoW, we had argent crusade that pretty much had "knightly" tournaments, also there was a little bit of it in BFA alliance zones.
    I remember one quest about training a horse for tournament in Tiragarde if i remember correctly, for a lord of one of the houses.

EDIT: About Crusader kings, these type of games were never up my valley, i find them pretty boring personally, but not everything is for everyone.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-05-27 at 12:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it? I think you can pretty much match up most themes with WoW, we had argent crusade that pretty much had "knightly" tournaments, also there was a little bit of it in BFA alliance zones.
    I remember one quest about training a horse for tournament in Tiragarde if i remember correctly, for a lord.
    Yes, we had knight tournaments, and it was incredibly dumb. We prep to fight LK, we gather forces, and then suddenly we organize a goddamn jousting tournament at LK doorstep.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, we had knight tournaments, and it was incredibly dumb. We prep to fight LK, we gather forces, and then suddenly we organize a goddamn jousting tournament at LK doorstep.
    To be fair, that's only because it was abruptly invented as filler at a point where it was totally unnecessary. This doesn't reflect on the concept poorly, it's just a poorly-executed instance of the concept.

7+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, that's only because it was abruptly invented as filler at a point where it was totally unnecessary. This doesn't reflect on the concept poorly, it's just a poorly-executed instance of the concept.
    Pretty sure suddenly having to test ourself in a side activity right before the final push while we were being tested the moment we landed in Northrend is still a crappy concept. Yogg was also a weird distraction that didn't amount to anything in our war against LK.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I am surprised to see that people did not enjoy the Argent Tournament. I feel that for the time it was pretty good. Certainly it gave us lots of collectibles (actually I am currently farming them, doing the quests and the dungeon every day, as I erased my old account in Shadowlands).

It seems that we certainly fail in 10.1.5, and the... Time Rifts, I think that they are called, are the consequence of our failure. Probably just the beginning of the consequences (besides Murozond), as I am pretty sure that more time related stuff is coming.

I hope and think that a new Timewalking system should be the aftermath of whatever happens with the Bronzes and the Infinites. An expansion dealing with time... I just do not see Blizzard making that work. It would be a mess at many levels, I believe, especially lore-wise.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I am surprised to see that people did not enjoy the Argent Tournament. I feel that for the time it was pretty good. Certainly it gave us lots of collectibles (actually I am currently farming them, doing the quests and the dungeon every day, as I erased my old account in Shadowlands).
    People didn't like jousting and fighting almost every fight in the same arena. Entire idea of a ridiculous and sudden jousting tournament was also lambasted. Entire place was THE low effort filler PvE content of WoW.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-05-27 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Pretty sure suddenly having to test ourself in a side activity right before the final push while we were being tested the moment we landed in Northrend is still a crappy concept. Yogg was also a weird distraction that didn't amount to anything in our war against LK.
    No but we aren't just gonna ignore an Old God up to shennigans either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...cup/1596833/49

And they confirmed it.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Good day dragonriders,

As data-miners have guessed, we are indeed working on dragonriding outside of the Dragon Isles and broadening the set of mounts that can dragonride. Our initial work on this can be seen in the Fractures in Time game files, but that feature will not be complete or featured in the live game until later in Dragonflight.

As we continue to develop the game in this way, we expect there to be many examples in the future of content that is a work-in-progress becoming visible to data-miners in test environments. We intend to announce the contents of any given patch in our official posts about that patch.

For the latest details on what’s included in Fracture in Time, please check out our official development notes.
    DR is here to stay.
    Another point for team world revamp!

About Crusader kings, these type of games were never up my valley, i find them pretty boring personally, but not everything is for everyone.
    That's the point.

And the Tournament in Icecrown would be the most actiony part of the whole thing, so i don't think it's a good example. Seems more like you didn't really think through what your request would actually mean.

That's the point.

And the Tournament in Icecrown would be the most actiony part of the whole thing, so i don't think it's a good example. Seems more like you didn't really think through what your request would actually mean.
    I said that i don't enjoy that type of games, it's completely different cake of game from WoW that's why i don't enjoy it, not the knight/medieval themes.

I find the game boring for it's gameplay, it's kinda weird comparing it to story that would be told in WoW, and i actually did think through what i meant. :P

It just doesn't make sense comparing the two really, if it was making a "point", then it completely missed it.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-05-27 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...cup/1596833/49

And they confirmed it.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Good day dragonriders,

As data-miners have guessed, we are indeed working on dragonriding outside of the Dragon Isles and broadening the set of mounts that can dragonride. Our initial work on this can be seen in the Fractures in Time game files, but that feature will not be complete or featured in the live game until later in Dragonflight.

As we continue to develop the game in this way, we expect there to be many examples in the future of content that is a work-in-progress becoming visible to data-miners in test environments. We intend to announce the contents of any given patch in our official posts about that patch.

For the latest details on what’s included in Fracture in Time, please check out our official development notes.
    DR is here to stay.
    When all is said and done Dragonflight will be remembered as one of WoW's best expansions. Haters be damned!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    When all is said and done Dragonflight will be remembered as one of WoW's best expansions. Haters be damned!
    As long as it doesn't follow cata. Which was also received positively, until the end where they botched it. I'm holding my horses to judge a current expansion until we're into the next.
    It has been great so far though. The only thing that rubs wrong is that there is disney type voiceacting in almost every questschain and/or character. Need to tone that down a bit. It has its place in the game, but currently it is very much overused.

I said that i don't enjoy that type of games, it's completely different cake of game from WoW that's why i don't enjoy it, not the knight/medieval themes.

I find the game boring for it's gameplay, it's kinda weird comparing it to story that would be told in WoW, and i actually did think through what i meant. :P
    And the story you're asking for wouldn't be one that's suitable for WoW, but for a game like CK. We're just going in circles now.

And the story you're asking for wouldn't be one that's suitable for WoW, but for a game like CK. We're just going in circles now.
    Well, i disagree with that.
    I seems like we won't come to an agreement, so better end with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    As long as it doesn't follow cata. Which was also received positively, until the end where they botched it. I'm holding my horses to judge a current expansion until we're into the next.
    It has been great so far though. The only thing that rubs wrong is that there is disney type voiceacting in almost every questschain and/or character. Need to tone that down a bit. It has its place in the game, but currently it is very much overused.
    TBF, Cataclysm kind of screwed the pooch early on with its super-hard dungeons and horrible design that punished healers. Thankfully, DF hasn’t had any major pitfalls like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does Iridikron achieve whatever he was waving that plot device around for?
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Does Iridikron achieve whatever he was waving that plot device around for?
    Who knows, the dungeon is not available yet. But the Deios journal was slightly changed which is how I came to this conclusion. We fight him in front of Galakrond's remains, he has trapped Nozdormu and when we get him low the other aspects, still proto dragons, seem to assist. So I assume he goes back in time to turn him before Tyr even makes them Aspects.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-27 at 03:23 PM.