Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Does anyone know why Trump kept the boxes?
    I guess it could just be to brag about having secret stuff on an obscure discord server, but I don't really see any good motive for having them in that way.
    Considering he still has documents missing like the attack on Iran, something that Saudi Arabia would be interested in, I guarantee it would be about making money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Words really have no fucking meaning to these folks and it's hilarious.
    No they don't. And all I have been seeing since this started yesterday, is what about Hillary and Biden, they did the same thing. And even after telling them "no they didn't" they stomp their feet and claim they still did. I show them that intent matters, and they still keep lying that Biden got money for it and had 1850 boxes like Trump claimed with no evidence.

https://www.archives.gov/press/press...2023-statement

And the Archives has a few things to say to the media. Mostly, "Here's the basic info we can and will share at this point. Please leave us the fuck alone, we never wanted to be involved in this bullshit to begin with. We're boring archivists, please leave us alone and keep your conspiracy theories away from us."

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Considering about 98% of criminal cases in Federal Court end with a plea bargain, I'm going to say Trump is, duly, fucked.
    I think my favorite part of all this is Trump himself signed into law much harsher penalties(way more years in prison) for these crimes back in 2018. There are so many layers of how fucked he is.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think my favorite part of all this is Trump himself signed into law much harsher penalties(way more years in prison) for these crimes back in 2018. There are so many layers of how fucked he is.
    You know I hate to be that guy but most likely he is only going to get a deal where he just pays a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You know I hate to be that guy but most likely he is only going to get a deal where he just pays a fine.
    Roflmao yeah that ain't happening. Any deal, would require trump to admit fault, 0% chance that's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Roflmao yeah that ain't happening. Any deal, would require trump to admit fault, 0% chance that's happening.
    He gave up the presidency and still claims he won he can take the deal and spin whatever BS to his supporters they don't live in reality. He can even say that he outsmarted the corrupt DOJ and FBI blah blah blah.

I don't see it. There is no incentive for the DoJ to do so and would infact send entirely the wrong message.

This isn't someone making an unfortunate mistake. To this day he is still claiming he was in the right to just take whatever he wanted.
    And we're talking actual legit nuclear secrets here and intelligence that could well directly compromise intelligence/military assets on the ground. This isn't small stuff.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I don't see it. There is no incentive for the DoJ to do so and would infact send entirely the wrong message.

This isn't someone making an unfortunate mistake. To this day he is still claiming he was in the right to just take whatever he wanted.
    And we're talking actual legit nuclear secrets here and intelligence that could well directly compromise intelligence/military assets on the ground. This isn't small stuff.
    He is the leading candidate for the opposition, the DOJ has never been aggressive they want this to be over with just as much as Trump. Republicans are going to exert as much political pressure as possible, also keep in mind this is going before a Trump appointed judge and if there is a jury probably Trump supporters. They aren't want to drag this out unless they have to.

He is the leading candidate for the opposition, the DOJ has never been aggressive they want this to be over with just as much as Trump. Republicans are going to exert as much political pressure as possible, also keep in mind this is going before a Trump appointed judge and if there is a jury probably Trump supporters. They aren't want to drag this out unless they have to.
    A former President walked out the WH with literal nuclear secrets. On purpose. Because he wanted to show them off to people.

No, just no.

A former President walked out the WH with literal nuclear secrets. On purpose. Because he wanted to show them off to people.

No, just no.
    He is not just a former president he is going to be the republican nominee, former presidents don't get jail time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude you are almost verbatim using right wing talking points about what's going to happen. That the DOJ went after Trump because he was the leading candidate. That this is just something they're going to rush through because its a political ploy.

You're going full Mallcop -- Never go full Mallcop.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Dude you are almost verbatim using right wing talking points about what's going to happen. That the DOJ went after Trump because he was the leading candidate. That this is just something they're going to rush through because its a political ploy.

You're going full Mallcop -- Never go full Mallcop.
    No, I am simply pointing out reality how many times does Trump have to get away with it for us to get the point, he is effectively above the law and consequences. He has done so many crimes if he was a regular citizen he would have been in jail decades ago.

He is not just a former president he is going to be the republican nominee, former presidents don't get jail time.
    Conviction doesn't require actual jail time. House arrest is much easier to handle.

Conviction doesn't require actual jail time. House arrest is much easier to handle.
    I would say a big fine and probation.

And the SS is a US law enforcement agency so it's not only possible, it's essentially assured. Sure it may not be hard time in federal penn, but yeah Trump is fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best possible plea Trump could hope for. Trump can claim that he took the plea because the "Deep State" was going to falsify evidence, bribe witnesses, and threatened to put him into a SuperMax if he didn't take the plea.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    However, it's not a yet a "kill shot" in the court of public opinion. Here's what a kill shot looks like - "Trump showed someone classified documents and a nice, clean cut, US spy was killed".
    If by "a spy" you mean "dozens" and if by "not yet" you mean "two years ago".
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    This indictment certainly makes an incredibly convincing case that Trump is the criminal that most sane people know he his.

However, it's not a yet a "kill shot" in the court of public opinion. Here's what a kill shot looks like - "Trump showed someone classified documents and a nice, clean cut, US spy was killed".
    Trump supporters won't care about any of that. They're in denial of any facts that don't support Trump already, why would you ever think more facts would change that?

Without that, it's "so Trump was sloppy with some documents - he should have had access to them anyway, he was president, and he was using them to defend himself from the corrupt Biden administration's unwarranted attacks. Nothing actually bad happened anyway."
    Yeah, this is also deeply hypocritical given the repeated attempt to use the DOJ to illegitimately attack the Clintons and the Bidens over the last few decades, among others. Anyone who chanted "lock her up" or expressed any concerns about Hunter Biden's conduct has no business arguing against Trump's prosecution. Any that do are just rank hypocrites who don't give a shit about facts of reality and should be dismissed as unthinking morons, if not maliciously dishonest fascists.

Nobody cares if the idiot/fascist brigade will support Trump no matter what. They're in the same category as the Nazi Party members feverishly waiting for Hitler to get out of prison so they can take over the Weimar Republic. Literally the same types of people. They are dangerous in numbers, but they're also all malicious idiots and you'd have to be a crazy person or a Nazi yourself to give their rhetoric any consideration whatsoever.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This indictment certainly makes an incredibly convincing case that Trump is the criminal that most sane people know he his.

Without that, it's "so Trump was sloppy with some documents - he should have had access to them anyway, he was president, and he was using them to defend himself from the corrupt Biden administration's unwarranted attacks. Nothing actually bad happened anyway."

It's instructive to se how fox news is covering him. The top article is red meat for MAGA, calling the special counsel a "deranged lunatic". But lower on the page there is an article where a contributor says that the charges are "extremely damning."

This represents where we are with the MAGAs. They have to admit that he's caught red handed but they're not gonna care until it's on something visceral. And this is important because Trump is the symptom, not the problem - the problem is the moronic, clueless voters who support him.
    Silly billy the megas are so filled with cope even if these documents had lead to a nuclear strike on America soil they stilled back trump. Hell I’m up here in Canada and most of my coworkers still think trump was putting American interest first when he took these documents.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Trump showed someone classified documents and a nice, clean cut, US spy was killed".
    Trump's supporters hate the FBI and CIA. Maybe if it were a Russian asset they'd be more receptive.