View Poll Results: Cancelling your account?

Voters
358. This poll is closed
  • I cancelled my account.

140 39.11%
  • Im going to cancel my account.

35 9.78%
  • Im not sure yet, need to get 50 first.

48 13.41%
  • I'm happy and won't cancel.

135 37.71%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by similarion View Post
    Boring game.
    indeed, kept my attention to mid 30s then I just couldn't find any motivation to even play the game,

it's dull other than the quest CG, sterile boring zones with zero atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Somewhat biased vote and topic if you're not giving the choice to vote that people are not cancelling at all. Added that option to the vote. Also, try and keep the discussion civil.
    Thank you! I'll be voting now.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    Im not interested in a discussion, i dont care how many ppl still play the game. All i wanted to know how many ppl will quit.

Got problems with that? Then go on to another thread. Enjoy.

Oh and to all the people saying this will turn into a flame fest.. No one started flaming, but you..
    Then the poll would be worthless as there would be no balance of information. It would just be a biased and incorrect poll if you don't give people the option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Somewhat biased vote and topic if you're not giving the choice to vote that people are not cancelling at all. Added that option to the vote. Also, try and keep the discussion civil.
    It isnt biased at all, he isnt asking about people who are enjoying the game he is clearly asking people who have or who are quitting, Nothing stopping you doing a poll asking how many people will be buying more sub time in your own thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    It isnt biased at all, he isnt asking about people who are enjoying the game he is clearly asking people who have or who are quitting, Nothing stopping you doing a poll asking how many people will be buying more sub time in your own thread...
    Thumbs up for you

Where is the "I never wasted my money on it in the first place" option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Then the poll would be worthless as there would be no balance of information. It would just be a biased and incorrect poll if you don't give people the option.
    But its the OP's poll not your poll not my poll lol, he did the poll with the answers he wanted to see.. its not rocket science

But its the OP's poll not your poll not my poll lol, he did the poll with the answers he wanted to see.. its not rocket science
    That's the problem.

It's wow with a texture pack and voice acting :l

Cancelled

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buupu View Post
    Cancelled aswell, abit disappoint with it.
    it would be senseless to cancel when the game has been out for less than a month unless absolutely nothing is appealing to you.

tbh its the same with every game like if your a die hard fps fan even know new games come out etc its still a fps
    so its going be for story more than anything else so wont be as new fresh exciting etc, i get this probs with most games tho
    but been a gamer for 20 years this tends not to effect single player games as much

Deleted
    Since the fourth option was added, option A has received 5 more votes and the new option has received 13 votes. It looks bad for TOR at the moment because the option was a late comer, but I think we might see a real representation soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played in the free for all beta weekend and anxiously awaited the early access. I preordered in July and got into early access on the first day. By the time I hit 25 I had cancelled my account. It was a stiff game. A real shame too, as I'd been looking forward to this game for like 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
    Since the fourth option was added, option A has received 5 more votes and the new option has received 13 votes. It looks bad for TOR at the moment because the option was a late comer, but I think we might see a real representation soon enough.
    Option A shouldnt have any votes, sadly it has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of rocket science, is the fundamental problem in all logical discussion.

Deleted
    I don't personally play it, but a few people in my guild do, so I'll contribute some of their thoughts for you all to read:

Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    Right I am going to put my thoughts down and use Ymoh's excellent post as a template

Lightsabers!!!!!! 'Nuff said <--- They did work hard on getting them right and it shows.

Music: Love it, it gives just the right feel to the game. Music makes the atmosphere and it certainly sounds like starwars!

Voice Acting: Epic. The stories these characters have are what make this game brilliant. They have made me laugh so many times with their comments and on many occasions I have really had to think about which moral choice to make. This is what great storytelling should be, it should make you think about your actions.

Light-Dark side: This system works well if you are going to be all light or all dark, unfortunately as i posted about in beta, those that walk the grey line do not get any kind of benefit for doing so. I have heard BW will be addressing that issue though.

Graphics: I like the graphics as they are however I would like the shadows to be better, the tree's fixed and the foliage draw distance increased. The magic growing shrubbery does spoil it for me a little.

Leveling: With my Operative I agree with Ymoh, I am blazing through content way over level now and it's not been that difficult however saying that, on my Republic trooper it has been pretty well balanced so far even with doing all the side quests, in fact i would say it may be a bit too tricky in some parts.

Group play:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ymoh
    This is what concerns me the most about the future of the game. I don't see people re-learning to cc, or even re-learning to expect resistance. I am only lvl 25 and on 5 different ocassions I have seen my group disbanded because, for some people, 3 dps + healer (4 cc) are not enough for a group quest with packs of 4 elite mobs...
    I do love that BW seems to want to bring cc back.
    I agree with this statement. You need CC or you get spanked in H4s and it gets proper squeaky bum time in H2's as well.

Spaceship and related stuff: I like the space missions, they are a nice break from the main game. I hope they expand on it in an expansion to let you fly in space wherever you want to go.

Downsides: Travelling between planets becomes annoying (standard routine: quick travel, taxi, walk, maybe another taxi, walk more, remember which of the four unlabelled hangars is yours, eat 4 loadscreens before you even get to the planet. Space missions: I see why they thought they had to put space missions in, but it's a poor minigame inside the game. I dont like that in MMOs.
    I do however like the traveling time and everything that goes with it, yes it's a ball ache at times but it gives the game scale and grandeur. If you could just get anywhere instantly then i think you would loose that sense of size which is what I believe they were going for. I do wish you could "transport" party members to your location though.

Crafting: Crafting seems like an after thought to me. "All the other MMO's had it, we need one too." I believe you could sail through the whole game and not bother with it and still have decent gear. I hope they expand it.

Talents: I like the talent tree's although putting Alacrity on the trooper skill tree is just f'kin stupid as it breaks trooper procs due to fixed GDC on procs, I hope they fix the Alacrity stat too as it is not very well thought out in my opinion.

Character Responsiveness: Now I have not had any issues with this on either my Operative or my Trooper, I know Minxy has issues with it on her's all the time though.

Things they need to fix in no particular order:

1) The Map.. It's stupid. If I want to go look at another area I am not in without having to click through a half dozen doorway icons, I should be able to. If I want to look at another planets maps, I should be able to, too.

2) The graphics glitches, they are annoying.

3) Draw distance on foliage.

4) Shadows look stupid and blocky. I know why they are like that but i would like the option to choose nice or crappy.

5) Labels on hangars or just a damn signpost would do.

6) Greywalker rewards.

7) Alacrity, it needs looking at to be a viable stat.

8) Companions turning CC breaking abilities back on at seemingly random intervals.

9) Heroic quest markers should stay blue once you have completed them once.

10) Keep focus set after voice acting and properly maintain the focus relationship with companions. If a companion dies you have to reset focus again. or just show the companions in party frame as it's annoying for healers to try to heal companions.

11) The GTN's horrible interface. Searching for stuff is a nightmare, fix it, it's pants!

Here's another:

My overall impression, worded by Bxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxe
    I am loving everything, even the bugs :mrgreen: .

It is so refreshing to play a new MMO which ticks off a lot of my interests and ways of playing. Yes there is a few things that I wished were there, but I dont really care. Things will move on, they dont have 10mill subscribers, but they have more then enough to sustain a loooooong and good experience in a mmo. The game is new so they have 7-8 years to get to the state wow is at now, I think they are doing great .
    Ups first, Downs after. Sorry for all the references to WoW, it's my only other MMO besides 3 months of Warhammer Online:

Lightsabers!!!!!! 'Nuff said

Music: Awesomest. Awesomest. Awesomest. FX and Ambience set to 10%, Music to 100%. Epic.

Voice Acting: ***k yeah! Love it. Skip it or enjoy it, to your personal taste. They give so much depth to the toon and the game. I cant get tired of watching my BH demand credits for her services while sporting cool armor, a jetpack and a snappy attitude.

Light-Dark side: Can't have a SW rpg without it. I think it does well within the Voice Acting. I'm hoping they evolve it to have more impact in-game. Different Items and such. I think WoW was right with Aldor-Scryers, until they gave in to the masses who wanted access to everything instead of making a decission with consequences.

Graphics: They are MUCH worse than you can get in WoW if you run it on a powerful computer, but the overall styling of the world is much more to my taste. WoW was a bit too "bubblegum texture", too cartoony for me

Leveling: Too messy in some planets. Leveling up feels too fast not cause it is quicker than WoW (it is and I appreciate it, thanks BW) but because every planet has WAY too many quests. You outlevel many planets, even if you skip side missions, before you are done with planet's main story. Now, I see how this suxx now, but will be great IF/WHEN the game stablishes and finding people to do the low lvl heroic quests becomes difficult. Now it's easy cause 75% of players are lvling up, but it won't be like that come the time. (Go WoW and try to get a group for Scarlet Monastery, see how it goes).

Group play:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion
    Blizzard irrevocably damaged MMO's forever [...] its very very difficult to put the lid back on Pandorras box when all the dps want is to face roll the keyboard whilst being pulled through an instance in 20mins to get their shinies.
    This is what concerns me the most about the future of the game. I don't see people re-learning to cc, or even re-learning to expect resistance. I am only lvl 25 and on 5 different ocassions I have seen my group disbanded because, for some people, 3 dps + healer (4 cc) are not enough for a group quest with packs of 4 elite mobs...
    I do love that BW seems to want to bring cc back.

Spaceship and related stuff: I like it. May be the only one who likes the BH ship too. Downsides: Travelling between planets becomes annoying (standard routine: quick travel, taxi, walk, maybe another taxi, walk more, remember which of the four unlabelled hangars is yours, eat 4 loadscreens before you even get to the planet. Space missions: I see why they thought they had to put space missions in, but it's a poor minigame inside the game. I dont like that in MMOs.

Crafting: Again I must be weird. I like it. It is incomplete, but I think it's a nice approach.

Talents: This is the one thing I don't get. Why would BW copy a design that even Blizzard has realized was never exciting to players. My personal favorite is the Research system in Starcraft 2, which is very much along the lines of what Blizz is going to do with talents for Mysts of Loldaria.

Character Responsiveness: Aaaaah the dreaded ability delay. Sorry to say it is even worse than it was in Warhammer Online (it was clunky, but at least abilities fired when you asked them to). The WORST part of this game and it is killing me. If it stays on for too long it WILL make me quit the game. Some day.

Peace =)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I understand people who cancelled because they do not like the sci-fi genre( IMO they should have started playing in the first place but what do i care its their money anyways), but quitting swtor at this point to return to wow is just plain stupid because SWTOR just started progressing and its gona get new content soon while wow is in a stalemate until the release of MOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Wrong. OP titled the thread with a question. The question is a yes or no answer. Cancelled SWTOR yet? implies an answer can be "no i havn't."

10+ Year Old Account
    I intend to cancle i cannot bring my self to playing it anymore maybe i will do 1 additional months but otherwise it wasn't what i expected. I am mid 30s and just can't be arsed with it anymore the story is kinda of good but its still incredibly boring. main problem for me i think is i like an open world not when i have to go through a loading screen between every zone. i am keeping my money for GW2 thats the only one i am hyped for now.
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

Deleted
    And WHY it is a WoW clone? Because you can level a character, quest, can attack monsters with spells/attacks, do instances? Then just gtfo. It's an mmo, all mmo's are like that. It's like QQing that a fps is always with guns etc. Stupid kids, games are made to enjoy, I enjoy swtor and wow at the same time. I didn't waste my money but you did, ofc I don't care.