Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Closed SRP] Investigating Origins

Looking for any adventurers (Horde, Alliance, or somewhere in between) for a money making and knowledge gaining opportunity. Recent discoveries have been made about a Titan facility underneath Bael Modan. For a long time not much was known about this place and letters just surfaced from the wreckage of Bael'dun Keep about the entrance to the facility and indications that it was operated by Khaz'goroth himself! Obviously this is an important discovery for any of gnomes or dwarfs but almost as much for other mortal races as the technology of the Titans still outstrips most of our current technology! The expedition is funded completely by Denholme Stonehammer and any adventurers joining will be compensated considerably by him.

So if you are up for it on the 21st of January make your way to the former site of Bael'dun! The place has been all but abandoned for the moment but be wary of roaming centaurs and quillboars but lets be honest if you can't make it there in the first place this expedition is probably not for you!
    ((So Just a few things. There will be no posting order so try not to get left behind. If anyone has to take a leave or disappears for awhile I will GM you back to the camp that will be set up outside the Ruins. So you will have a chance to come back if you, you know come back.))

Several guards paced around three wagons and a few tents. Denhomle sat in the middle of the camp next to a fire reading a book about the Titan language. Wearing his normal mail attire and enjoying the heat of the Barrens. It was already fading into darkness as the sun was setting. A few rumbles heard in the distance, as raging earth elementals were far more common since the destruction of Bael Modan. The journey here was not uneventful as a few scars on the wagons could be seen from different weapons. No real damage though, Denhomle was glad these dwarfs lived up too their rep. Too many mercenaries these days were nothing more than a hopeful kid with a sword.

Behind them only a few hundred yards away the collapsing keep could still be seen in the half moon light. He sometimes wondered what his grandfather would of done in this case. Denhomle knew the war was going on and his skills were needed just like everyone else's but still he couldn't just ignore his past. He could tell how much it meant to his grandfather and....his father, but they never had it lost to them. He resounded in his mind to join the army as soon as he could after he found the knowledge he was looking for, but for now his ties couldn't matter. There were few enough freelancers that he couldn't limit his search to just the Alliance.

Only a few short hours and the adventures should be here, he thought as he closed his book and picked up his Stonehammer. He watched as the light from the fire dances across it's obsidian surface. Even as a child he was always memorized by the hammer and now he knew why, almost. Only yesterday his diggers found the entrance and he couldn't wait to get in. But like with all things, He knew he had to be patient. So he was content to read and wait.

((You can go ahead and show this night or wait for the morning and arrive then. I'll make a post tomorrow shifting from night to day so feel free to join whenever. Roughly 9 am eastern is when I'll be able to post the night/day shift, if you are interested.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the constant, quiet rumbling of elementals, the chirping of mate-seeking crickets or the odd distant cries of territorial quillboar, there was mostly quiet during the night's earliest hours. The stench of the Bael Modan's charred remains was whisked away by a gentle, semi-salty breeze that carried land inward. It was a mere hour after Denholme's started expecting the adventurers that the relative silence was interrupted by a slow, rocking creaking sound, and a flicker of a torch in the distance.

Along the Gold Road a single-unit caravan was hauled along at a slow pace by a kodobeast of diminuitive size. Steering the beast was a human of average height, wearing a number of well-worn pieces of Alliance armor. Next to the caravan was another human, moving alongside it on horseback, carrying a torch and seemingly constantly on the lookout while illuminating the road ahead. Spotting the light's of Denholme's tent in the distance, he turned his head to speak to whoever was riding along inside the caravan's interior.

"Aight sonny-jim, park her next to th' road." A voice came from within, now audible to Denholme as they had come closer. "And help an ol' fella unload 'is belongings 'afore ye head off again, eh?"

The kodo parked next to the road, allowing the caravan's single occupant to hop out of the back. An elderly looking dwarf with a lengthy, twin-braided grey beard stepped around the vehicle, polishing a monocle as he muttered something about Barrens sand. While the two humans busied themselves with tying their horse to a fencepost and unlocking the lid of the baggage compartment of the caravan, the dwarf stepped forward, a lit lantarn in one hand and a walking cane in the other.
    "Aah, it seems the expedition leader 'as things all set up in preparation, aye? I like that, my good man. That shows insight! Young master Stonehammer, I presume?" The dwarf spoke, setting down his lantarn and extending a hand, leaning forward on his cane.

With several loud thuds, the elder dwarf's belongings were unloaded, one crate at a time. "Gear". "Research". "Barleybrew Ale". The latter crate seemed to be the largest.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-01-21 at 07:28 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was late, sometime around two in the morning. A light hissing sound was fading in from the distance. It was likely that Denhomle and Chonar, leader of the expedition, and the first to arrive, were sleeping, though there was no way to tell for sure. Uncharacteristic of the Barrens' landscape, a purple hue began to glow a few hundred meters away. The sound and the vision were coming from the same place, but both were so feint that if not for the quiet hush and dark setting of the night, they'd have been undetectable from so far away. The light and the sound grew closer at a slow but steady pace. Around the camp there was still a flickering of light from the torches that had been left lit. As the static-y sound and purple haze drew closer, what seemed to be a figure began to emerge. Now just 30 feet or so away, the now visible Ethereal hovered closer to the camp. Stopping next to a large crate, that had the smell of a rich brew emanating from it, Battle-Prince Rahj'haar gently took a seat upon it. Not needing sleep, he would wait there until morning to introduce himself.

It had been long since the Prince had been truly intrigued by a chance at treasure. His thirst for monetary gain was beginning to flow back into his soul, and he pulled a piece of parchment from somewhere that didn't seem to exist. It was the note he had obtained about this little adventure. The offer of compensation was enough to get Rahj'haar to show up in the first place, but his intrigue for what else they may find drove him to extreme levels of interest. Back on K'aresh, before the attack on his homeland and the fleeing to the Twisting Nether, Rahj'haar and his people had a significantly notable level of technological advancement, but the thought of learning of Titan artifacts was too much to resist. Who knew what he might be able to learn, or steal. But that was all to be had in the future, and for now, he would wait.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Deleted
    It was getting dark and a rider approaced from the distance. "I better make haste to that camp, You never know what is hiding in the darkness" The man that was speaking was Victor Patson a warrior and blacksmith from westfall, arriving at the camp he saw the campfire was still on. Getting of his horse he grabbed his bag and a latern and walked into the camp, Looking to his side he saw a Ethereal sitting on a crate. "Hello there, I am Victor Patson" With a smile on his face he putted his belogins against some crates. Putting of the latern he was holding he also taked a seat on one of the crates.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Well mister Patson, it appears yer sittin' on my property." A voice came from the dark as Chonar stepped out of one of the tents. Before Victor could react, the old dwarf raised a hand and smiled, his wide moustache shifting upwards. "But, -heh- don't get up." He chuckled. The purple glimmer of Rahj'haar reflected in the dwarf's monocle as his attention turned to the Ethereal. "A son of K'aresh? I say! Stonehammer spared no expense gettin' the word out, eh? Spared no expense indeed."

He slid the third crate across the ground over to one side of the campfire so the three surrounded it, and took a seat on it himself.

"Unless sleep claims 'im fer th' rest of the night, I figger Stonehammer will be joinin' us soon enough." He gestured behind him with his thumb at one of the tents. "Still, this gives us time fer pleasantries, eh?" He pulled out a pipe from his vest's inner pocket, and began stuffing it with tobacco. "Thane Chonar of th' Thunderbeard clan, happily retired knight o' th' Alliance and archaeologist. A pleasure te meet ye both." He nodded at the smith and battle-prince as he lit his pipe, the brief flame further illuminating his wrinkled face.

Last edited by Chonar; 2012-01-21 at 07:28 PM.

The cold night air was breezing around the paladin's body as he galloped towards the ruins of Bael'Modan. He usually wasn't nervous about any adventure ahead of him, but this one would sure be a test of his skills. Both in combat and diplomatic. A joint Alliance and Horde expedition in the Barrens, after all that happened there the last few years would be,... difficult at least. Khorianas was able to make out a small camp that was still a bit in the distance. He pulled the reins of his horse and slowed her down to a lively trot. He sheathed the spear he still held in his hand in a long leather pouch that was built into his saddle. No need to look aggressive. He neared the campfire and came to a halt near a couple of crates.

"So, a human and a dwarf are no real surprise, but to see an Ethereal here, this will be interesting."

He thought to himself. The blood knight swiftly swung himself off his horse, and slowly stepped towards the others.

"This is Stonehammer's Campsite I presume?" He spoke into the group, addressing no one in particular. "I am Khorianas Dawnseeker, a pleasure to meet you all."

The elf bowed slightly while laying his hand on his his chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Neither is it terribly surprising that th' Reliquary would descend upon a revealed, and now, unguarded archaelogical site like th' blasted vultures they are." The old dwarf scoffed after glancing briefly at Khorianas, spotting the green tint in the elf's eyes when doublechecking whether his suspicions about the surname he heard were correct.

"Unless yer carryin' no affiliation with 'em, in which case, welcome to th' camp, blood elf. And aye, t'is."
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-01-21 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    <"Ello, hmmm....Chonar Thunderbeard? ain't it?"> He spoke in his native tongue, honestly glad to have another who did. For most of the trip he was afraid he would have to converse in common for the whole of the trip. Denhomle searched his thoughts a bit trying to place the dwarf, but he was sure it was the Thane of the Thunderbeard clan. <"Eh, yes this is my camp. Glad to have you along.">

The Ethereal stood quiet just outside the camp saying nothing. Denhomle liked this about most of these traders. They weren't too talkative, until it came to the trade. "Welcome, Ethereal. If you ar lookin for Stonehammer, I'm him. Well will begin the expedition soon but feel free to wonder. Got plenty of food and drink, for yah." A young warrior showed up not long after the Ethereal and introduced himself as Victor. "Well Victor this is the Stonehammer camp if you are here for the expedition. Like I said to the Ethereal, food n drink, help yerself."

A few hours past before a blood knight rode to the camp and introduced himself to the lot. Denholme had dozed off for a bit but roused at Chonar's accusing voice. <"Bah, calm down Stormbeard. I requested all help. The Titan's know no war between us."> He looked over Khorianas for a moment and then resounded, <"Besides we outnumber him if he gets troublesome, but I don't think it will come to that.">

"Welcome, Khorianas. Yah this be the right camp. A few more shuld be here soon. Most likely wait till morn. Everyone get som rest." He motioned with his Stonehammer waving it across the camp. A few crates with different markings, all in dwarven, laid around and some tents in the beds of the wagons. "Feel free to take enythin yah need. I brought mor than enough."

As the others went about doing whatever to prepare for the following day, Denhomle was content to sleep in his chair by the fire. It was almost as warm as the one by his forge. The morning came slower than he wanted but after a good breakfast they would leave for the facilities entrance. He decided to eat slow, hoping for a few more to come.

The dwarves already were an annoyance for the paladin. As much as he respected their ways, the stubbornness that came along with it was giving him headaches every times he had to deal with them. The expedition leader was also a dwarf, but the Clan name he carried had already suggested such. But still the knight couldn't wipe a smirk of his face when the dwarves were talking in their native tongue. It seemed that stonehammer was trying to calm the situation. but never the less, the paladin couldn't let the accusations stand like this.

"I do not have any ties to the Reliquary, but judging from your interest, I am led to believe you are a member of the explorer's league. The very league that caused a bloody conflict here not too long ago for excavating on sacred tauren soil, like vultures. I have been sent here partly to deescalate this situation, and my fate is watched closely, rest assured. So I advise you to be on your best behavior. Introducing yourself properly with your name, which is also a custom of hospitality with the earthen I'm sure, would be a good start."
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-01-21 at 03:12 PM.

Charles smirked in the shadowy gloom of the early morning, observing the camp from afar before approaching. A human, two dwarves, one of the sin'dorei, and... an etheral. Most curious, though it mattered little who his "fellow" adventurers were, as long as he found some technology worth "salvaging" for Umbrus. Deciding that he should really get over there, lest they leave him behind, he strode into the outer edges of the camp, silent as night. When he arrived, he was just in time to hear the blood elf's little monologue, one filled with obvious elitism and horde-favoritism. The worgen smiled deviously. This would be fun.

"You ask for names. eh?" said the assassin, still in the gloom. Stepping out of the shadows to reveal himself, he bowed theatrically. "Charles Huntson, outdoorsman and hunter at your service." Though his tone was friendly, his visage showed him to be an obvious veteran of many battles, with his hardened laminar leather armor. He was also obviously wealthy, as the armor was decorated with gold filigree and crimson silk. His spaulders carried several throwing knives for quick access. On his back was a very fine bow and a couple quivers full of arrows. He wore no helm, and his neatly trimmed salt and pepper goatee, long slightly greying hair, and piercing green eyes were visible.

Alice walks along the trail, spotting the camp from afar. She quickens her steps, heavy boots hitting the ground with a solid thud with ever stride. No doubt they would hear her before they saw her. Her hair was in a long ponytail, her armaments slung across her back; the shield and the sword made a sharp clang with every movement.

Alice enters the camp with only minor hesitation, noting her fellows as she does. Dwarves, she notes with approval. Two humans, a blood elf, and an ethereal. That was very interesting, as she had only had contact with the ethereals when training in the Outlands.

"My armor no doubt announced my presence, but hello! My name is Alicia Gears, it's nice to meet you all."

Alicia glances 'round the camp, noting the abundance of tents and supplies. Drawn to the expedition by curiousity, she hoped this would end up being a good diversion from her boredom.

((Madgod, I'm assuming you are in a human form at the moment, if not please correct me so I can change that. Thanks))
    Last edited by Diabloss; 2012-01-21 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

((Yeah, you were correct, no worries!))

((Also Chonar? Your signature's too big. Check The FAQ Section on sigs for details on what's appropriate. I'd hate to infract you for it! Also, the images are pretty cool, but please try to use them a bit more sparingly and make sure that they use up as little memory as possible! The campfire GIF alone is 872369 bytes... that's a little more than 17 signatures in one post. I hate to be "that guy", but it's me jawrb :< ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Denhomle's face remained impassive from many years of practice but inside he enjoyed a small chuckle, politicals. He trusted Chonar to be, well not kind but, understanding and let it slide. He hated arguments but this was the price of the knowledge he sought. He set down his plate and move slowly for his hammer until the shadowy presence announced itself. He may not have much practical experience but his grandfather taught him well enough to feel for people. He hated to admit it but he had only just sensed this Charles right before he spoke. Well at least I am going to get my money's worth with that one, he thought quietly. "Ello Charles. I'm Denhomle. Welcome to the Camp. Prepare how evar you need and we shal leave soon." Not but a few minutes later the clanking of loud armor could be heard as a young female high elf made her way into the camp. "Welcome to yeh Alicia. I'm Denhomle. Gonna take a few mor minutes ta see if any others decide ta show. Rest or whateva ya need too."

(( Also Chonar, since we go ooc, check for italic writing, since it usually implies thoughts or whispers. Khorianas did not say his first sentence out aloud. ))

Khorianas looked at the leather clad human. If he wouldn't suspect traps and complicated mechanisms involved, he would be uneasy taking a fellow like him with the expedition. But in this case, it wasn't unjustified. As he heard the clatter of armor and saw the elegant movement a smile formed in the corner of his eye. But as he saw the glimmering blue eyes of the elf, the smile vanished as fast as it appeared. When he heard the elf pronouncing her name, the paladin was startled. He would have to ask her where she got that name for sure. But she still is a High Elf.

"By the sunwell, they follow me everywhere I go."

The Paladin pinched his bridge and squinted his eyes. High elves were allowed at the Sunwell for quite some time now, but he still wasn't eager being near the traitors. But for the sake of the feeble peace he would try. He would have to keep concentrated on this. Titan facilities were no welcoming place, and in doubt he would surely help a brother or sister in arms. He focused on Denholm again to get more information about their destination

"Quite a diverse company you have ser Stonehammer. No wonder, considering what kind of facility we are to search. So you suppose the Shaper himself was here in the beginnings of Azeroth?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite surprised that he wasn't the latest to arrive, now startled, Rahj'haar waded back and forth, as though he was pacing, but floating while doing so. He did not have the urge to exchange pleasantries, but he would if he had been approached. Nodding to the people who'd addressed him so far, he continued his back and forth. He could sense eyes on him from every direction. He knew that the adventurers probably were not expecting to see one of his kind present. Their concerns were well placed, as his race was known for....criminal ways, and while the Battle-Prince had a mind for making friends, he still had his evil side as well. He looked to the human who'd arrived with expensive garb. Rahj'haar could sense that there was a magic presence about him. It would turn out that he was a Worgen, but Rahj'haar couldn't quite place it just yet. The Ethereal had no need for food, drink, nor sleep, and decided to wander off back into the night a ways, so the mortal travelers wouldn't feel awkward when trying to sleep.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Denhomle set down his plate on a small camp table and picked up his Stonehammer and rested it across his legs. Running his hand over the smooth surface of the block, "Oie. I know it. He shaped mine family from the earth and I honor him with my craft." Denhomle then gave a quick chuckle. "My Dun-haldren, my Grandfather, used to tell me my ancestors woke in Uldaman when it was new." He looked far off to the east and then back, "He had signs and glyphs specific to his places, even a few in Uldaman. I confirmed this one to be one of his."
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-01-21 at 06:31 PM.

Khorianas listen to Denholme and gestured him to continue his story about his ancestors. The paladin quickly stepped towards his horse and removes the spear from th saddle and the saddle from his horse. The elf unstrapped a lynx fur from the back of the saddle and returned to the campfire. He sat on the fur with his legs crossed, and rested the tip of his spear in his lap. He drew a small piece of silk from his sleeve and started polishing the spearhead.

"This is interesting, but you surely know about the Titan's security measures. Are we prepared in any special way, or are we supposed to rely on our wits, crafts and the very little understanding we have of Titan? This is not a vote of non confidence, but It surely is quite the challenge."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Havas," speaking in his native tongue but it was clearly a dismissive "of course", "I did not come unprepared. But a different weapon than the traditional kind, Knowledge. I hope not to have to destroy anything down ther but I can not deny Khaz'goroth likes his privacy even from his own creations. So we may hav to rely a bit own our wit. Not a problem, I hope?" He tried to come off a bit more brash than normal but for now he wasn't interested in making friends, and the less trusting he was the more he would keep a watchful eye on them. The loot would be all of theirs but he was going to get the information he wanted first.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((OOC: A-whoops, hadn't picked up on the italics thing yet. Thanks for the heads-up, I've changed my former posts accordingly.))

Chonar straightened his back, a brief "pah..!" escaping his lips after Denholme urged him to keep his calm. He nodded curtly to the arriving leatherclad human and the peculiarly named high elf. Turning to the blood elf, he all but ignored the accusations towards his beloved League, drawing in deep from his pipe. He faced Khorianas for a second or two, before exhaling the smoke-- off to the side.

"That it is, master elf. Thane Chonar Thunderbeard of the Thunderbeard Clan. The pleasure is all mine, I'm sure." He murmured the last bit with a bit of a grin, his eyes briefly narrowed as he examined Khorianas' expression. Turning to Denholme and listening in to the exchange between him and the blood elf, he stroked a hand through his beard in thought. "Other'n that.." He started.

Moving to the crate Rahj'haar was sitting on, he opened it and rummaged through it. "There's another small matter'o this place which we may need'ta be mindful of. 'Ave a look at this, would ya Stonehammer?" He tossed the expedition leader a file, bearing the official insignia of the alliance millitary forces. The file was simply marked as "The Feegly Incident".
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-01-21 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vadoor looked up to the stars overhead, pulling back his hood for a moment so that his eyes could gaze better upon the astronomical bodies forever spinning in the void above. His footsteps in the ground behind him trailed on until the eye could no longer see them, and his legs showed the dust of a long trail. The stars of the galaxy had been his navigator, leading him in his needed direction without fail, and now ahead of him laid his destination. Vadoor's eyes pulled from the heavens and back down towards the earth ahead, and his hood followed suit. In the distance a camp fire danced with life, and the eredar knew that the first part of his journey was nearly over.

Vadoor's journey had began almost two weeks before, and merely by chance. After the legions complete annihilation at Nordrassil, Vadoor, along with many other demons and creatures had become orphans on an unwanted home. In the early days, many of the survivors were hunted and killed. Surviving in an unfamiliar world had been the end of almost all of them, but Vadoor, one of the most cunning of the survivors, had learned quickly. To stop moving was to die. So when Archimonde met his end, Vadoor began his new journey of survival. The demon traveled south until his hooves bled, and then continued even further. He walked across the desolate barrens, and then through a forest of a thousand needles. When exhaustion finally wreaked its terrible head and forced the Eredar to rest, Vadoor was deep inside the impermeable jungles of Feralas. And there he went into hiding, living amongst the ghost and ruins of the old High Elf forest. And it was here, amongst the ruins of an unnamed place that Vadoor learned of Stonehammer's expedition.

A curious kaldorei had the utmost unfortunate luck of deciding to go spelunking in the very ruins that Vadoor had made his exiled home in. Searching through the fallen buildings like a child looking for a treasured toy, the night elf never saw the danger coming. Like a panther, Vadoor sprung upon his prey and quickly killed the curious intruder with a twist of his powerful arms. After searching through the elfs possessions, he found Denholmes letter tucked safely inside the kaldorei's tunic, and from there his journey began.

Vadoor could not travel Azeroth freely in his natural form, so he used his gift from Kil'jaeden to hide his true visage. To even the most piercing eyes, Vadoor would appear to be just another normal draenei, clothed in the rags of an extremely used travelers robe. And it was in this illusion that the "draenei" finally arrived at Stonehammer's camp. His arrival was nothing special, he simply entered the camp and announced himself .

"Khronakai Khristor," Vadoor said with a deep and humble bow.