Wow, so many fanboys in this thread, it's starting to get worse than the SWTOR crowd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Wow, so many fanboys in this thread, it's starting to get worse than the SWTOR crowd
    What do you expect its a guildwars thread.
    Stop trolling and leave.

People posting excitedly about a game in the one thread set up to talk about the game are fanboys? lol If you're going to troll, you gotta do better than that!

Back on topic, I'm really considering picking up Guild Wars Trilogy on Steam so I can see the world of Guild Wars before GW2 comes out. I would be playing it really casually and solo when I get spare time, would that make it difficult to see everything, or will I be fine?

Also, is the April Fools day Commando stuff still around, or did they remove it after the day? That looked really fun!

hope not its required for naming two part name, if so i have to rethink my names... :C

as for what am going to pick am thinking Norn, warrior. they seems like a nice proffesion to start as.

Deleted
    I really wanne give guildwars 2 a try looks so great and the quest systeem (just jump in like warhammer is a really good systeem) also the realm vs realm seems to be awesume!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need a two word name in GW2. The name requirements are: 3-19 characters long, including spaces. You can have as many words in your name as long as it fits those requirements. I think they may cap it at 2-3 words though.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-01 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    You don't need a two word name in GW2. The name requirements are: 3-19 characters long, including spaces. You can have as many words in your name as long as it fits those requirements.
    Where's the source for that? I've been hearing that you'll still need to have 2 names, and that the 1 name thing was for demo purposes. I'll try to find the source for it. (If I can remember where I saw/heard it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ain't that the truth, they're just making it look worse than Moraidin does for SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Ain't that the truth, they're just making it look worse than Moraidin does for SWTOR
    What's wrong with fanboys in their own game thread?

Deleted
    Isn't it the same with WoW?
    Of course there are fanboys for everything, deal with it.

Just be glad that it isn't the same as rift.
    The whole video games front page was filled with rift threads before the launch of the game itself.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-05-01 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What's wrong with fanboys in their own game thread?
    With the constant bashing on anyone with a different opinion, it puts people off because your community is no different or worse than any Activision game community (CoD, WoW). That's enough for me not to buy the game even though I'm highly anticipating this next-gen MMO

With the constant bashing on anyone with a different opinion, it puts people off because your community is no different or worse than any Activision game community (CoD, WoW). That's enough for me not to buy the game even though I'm highly anticipating this next-gen MMO
    Well I suppose but I wouldn't base my opinion on to play the game from fanboys of a particular game. Also I think there are different levels of "fanboys". The ones you have to ignore are the ones who view no fault with their game and won't discuss it. I consider myself a fanboy of GW2 but I recognize some issues with the game (as there are always issues with any game) and I am certainly willing to discuss it. However, if someone is just trolling or hating the game for no reason then I consider that just as bad or worse than an uncompromising fanboy.

And those who bash others when their opinions aren't the same about WoW are any better? No, I didn't think so. I'm not a GW fanboy, but I don't see why people are anticipating this game are being branded a 'fanboy' in a thread dedicated to GW2. It's pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    And those who bash others when their opinions aren't the same about WoW are any better? No, I didn't think so. I'm not a GW fanboy, but I don't see why people are anticipating this game are being branded a 'fanboy' in a thread dedicated to GW2. It's pathetic.
    Be above them then. You're just going down to their level.

Be above them then. You're just going down to their level.
    Explain why please.

Stop the fanboy talk.

Immediately.

Like, all discussion of it.

Focus on GW2.

Despite this game being 300 years in the future (from GW1 Standpoint), it still really bugs me that Charr are a playable, allied race in the game.

I mean, I understand from a story point that having the Charr continue to be the focus / enemies would make for a stale, uninteresting game progression, but at the same time, lets be honest, these are people who wantonly invaded, looted, pillaged the second largest nation in the world, and committed mass genocide (well, at least before Alderbaron or what's his nuts launched the foefire.

These are not nice people. The fact that we even talk with them is basically an affront to those that died under their tyranny. Now, I know they're trying to play it up as though the Flame Legion was pulling the strings, and that this conflict *was* 300 years ago, but I can't imagine there isn't still a fucking severe amount of acrimony between Humans and Charr.

Basically, I'm just not happy yet with how Anet is handling the Charr storyline. Though there are multiple historical references to genocide I can pull, I think the one people will most understand is this: The Charr are the Nazi's. But they won. It's 300 years later, and people are seemingly chill with the fact that they won, and killed hundreds of thousands of humans. It's chill because they were being led by this huge mega super villain (Flame Legion), so we totally can't blame them for using their free will to extinguish life.

I seem to be in the minority on this one though, so I guess I'll be the happy minority *not* playing Charr while the servers are overpopulated with cat-people.

Not-it on having to clean the gigantic litter boxes in Old Ascalon.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Despite this game being 300 years in the future (from GW1 Standpoint), it still really bugs me that Charr are a playable, allied race in the game.

I mean, I understand from a story point that having the Charr continue to be the focus / enemies would make for a stale, uninteresting game progression, but at the same time, lets be honest, these are people who wantonly invaded, looted, pillaged the second largest nation in the world, and committed mass genocide (well, at least before Alderbaron or what's his nuts launched the foefire.

These are not nice people. The fact that we even talk with them is basically an affront to those that died under their tyranny. Now, I know they're trying to play it up as though the Flame Legion was pulling the strings, and that this conflict *was* 300 years ago, but I can't imagine there isn't still a fucking severe amount of acrimony between Humans and Charr.

Basically, I'm just not happy yet with how Anet is handling the Charr storyline. Though there are multiple historical references to genocide I can pull, I think the one people will most understand is this: The Charr are the Nazi's. But they won. It's 300 years later, and people are seemingly chill with the fact that they won, and killed hundreds of thousands of humans. It's chill because they were being led by this huge mega super villain (Flame Legion), so we totally can't blame them for using their free will to extinguish life.

I seem to be in the minority on this one though, so I guess I'll be the happy minority *not* playing Charr while the servers are overpopulated with cat-people.

Not-it on having to clean the gigantic litter boxes in Old Ascalon.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend? I think the dragons (if I understand/remember the lore well enough) threatening to destroy the world are a bit more troublesome than the charr (shouldn't capitalize the race name, Anet says they don't want it, just like you don't capitalize human :P).

By that logic, we should still hate and be enemies with the Germans for what they did in WWI/II.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend? I think the dragons (if I understand/remember the lore well enough) threatening to destroy the world are a bit more troublesome than the charr (shouldn't capitalize the race name, Anet says they don't want it, just like you don't capitalize human :P).

By that logic, we should still hate and be enemies with the Germans for what they did in WWI/II.
    The difference being though, that they lost, and that they were judged and prosecuted for said crimes. Here, the Charr won, so history doesn't make sense. Anet is showing the storyline so far as the species coexisting. After a war like that, one of two things would happen:

1: The human nations take an inferior role under Charr superiority, surrendering under their might.
    2: Humans fight to the last person

No morally conscious society would just up and go "Oh hey, you killed a ton of people and pistol whipped the nation next to us, but we're cool now!"

Edit: I guess my point is, I'd be a lot happier if they just retconned the whole thing and said "You know what. Flame Legion was using Mind Control. Yes. Mind Control. Now that they're gone, charr are super duper cool people." (Ala Orc blood corruption)
    Last edited by gotpriest; 2011-05-01 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    The difference being though, that they lost, and that they were judged and prosecuted for said crimes. Here, the Charr won, so history doesn't make sense. Anet is showing the storyline so far as the species coexisting. After a war like that, one of two things would happen:

1: The human nations take an inferior role under Charr superiority, surrendering under their might.
    2: Humans fight to the last person

No morally conscious society would just up and go "Oh hey, you killed a ton of people and pistol whipped the nation next to us, but we're cool now!"
    I think you would if you had giant dragons threatening to wipe EVERYTHING out of existence...that is if I'm correct on the lore. Don't know a ton about GW1 lore, but I've read up a bit on GW2 and my understanding is that while the races were still at war (charr and humans at least), they more or less deal with each other in order to handle the dragons.