Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazamaras View Post
    I find it interesting how many of you state that rogues aren't 'fun' or 'appealing' to play, but continue to do so.

Personally, I chop and change my 'main' a lot, but always find myself going back to my rogue after a few weeks.
    I can look back and see myself doing that so many times. Regardless, the reason i keep playing my rogue is because a new character just seems so overwhelming when i have to do all reputations etc over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    TEXT
    Good ideas, but think outside the shadowy aspect too. 'Rogue' is a broad term and doesn't have to all be shadows and poison. How about a spec based on dirty fighting where you see your character throw things (more bombs?) a "Mug" type attack where you smash your enemy and coins fly everywhere. There are tons of cool visuals and flavour Blizzard could add to Rogues without just making it all about teleporting and shadows Heck rename the trees if needed. Assassination and Sub cover a lot of the same "theme" (ie, concealment). Why not have Assassination/Combat(Rename it to something more brutish like Brawling)/Duelist (or something similar, emphasizing weapon mastery+less reliance on shadows or cheating) instead and build on those identities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazamaras View Post
    I find it interesting how many of you state that rogues aren't 'fun' or 'appealing' to play, but continue to do so.

Personally, I chop and change my 'main' a lot, but always find myself going back to my rogue after a few weeks.
    Thing is, the rogue WAS a lot more fun and rewarding than it is now. Having to choose between abilities we've always had on the same tier of talent points is an insult. Many of us play it out of loyalty to the class. Believe it or not, some of us play an MMORPG for more than a damage meter. It's weird, I know, but I actually find it more odd when a person dumps 7+ years into a character and has absolutely no connection with them outside of their statistical performance.

When I raided more seriously, obviously I'd play whatever was going to help my group progress, but 80% of my time on the game is spent outside of a raid. During this time, I play whats fun for me. For almost 7 years, that was my rogue. You can understand why I feel a little cheated that only in the last half a year or so has that changed. It feels like it was taken from me. What time is better than now for some serious attention to be paid to the class and brainstorming to be at an all time high. It's time we felt like rogues again for reasons other than a joke stealth mechanic.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Good ideas, but think outside the shadowy aspect too. 'Rogue' is a broad term and doesn't have to all be shadows and poison. How about a spec based on dirty fighting where you see your character throw things (more bombs?) a "Mug" type attack where you smash your enemy and coins fly everywhere. There are tons of cool visuals and flavour Blizzard could add to Rogues without just making it all about teleporting and shadows Heck rename the trees if needed. Assassination and Sub cover a lot of the same "theme" (ie, concealment). Why not have Assassination/Combat(Rename it to something more brutish like Brawling)/Duelist (or something similar, emphasizing weapon mastery+less reliance on shadows or cheating) instead and build on those identities?
    I completely agree. I was more or less on a rant in the post you quoted but believe me, we're totally on the same page here.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think so... to me it seems that they got the least love in Cata and MoP of all classes... the one thing lots of rogues asked for(combos building on them and not on their target) was shafted and given to monks... and they don't really bring much usefulness to the group... the dps isn't as good as some other classes, no unique buffs, no interesting new class mechanics... now don't get me wrong I'm not saying every class should recieve as much love as Warlocks did in MoP but rogues have been left in the dust for far too long... however I expect things to change in next expac(hopefully)...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I would think so... to me it seems that they got the least love in Cata and MoP of all classes... the one thing lots of rogues asked for(combos building on them and not on their target) was shafted and given to monks... and they don't really bring much usefulness to the group... the dps isn't as good as some other classes, no unique buffs, no interesting new class mechanics... now don't get me wrong I'm not saying every class should recieve as much love as Warlocks did in MoP but rogues have been left in the dust for far too long... however I expect things to change in next expac(hopefully)...
    Next xpack will be too late for me...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    monks are hardly the only class to be building "combo points on themselves" now.
    Monks, Paladins, Priests (Shadow), Warlocks...

I still play my rogue a lot in MoP. I'm pretty disappointed they changed sub pve though. Dpsing as sub during FL and DS was probably the most fun I've had with a class since playing feral in wrath. I see a lot of people coming back for the 5.2 changes though so I don't think it's completely dead yet.

Rogues have always been one of the least played classes. In a game filled with magic, it just seems boring to have none. The only thing that saves warriors is their fast paced playstyle and simplicity, neither of which rogues have. When the class is quite possibly the weakest on top of all of that, of course few people will be playing it.

Deleted
    I was talking to the Monk tank in my guild earlier and he's super excited about Earth, Wind and Fire (I think that's what it's called) that Monks will be getting in 5.2. It's quite similar to the 'Thieve's Guild' ability from GW2 and it's a little disappointing (even as someone who doesn't play a Rogue main) to see such a cool ability given to a class where there's no real reason or justification behind it (The name Earth, Wind, Fire irks me a bit, Monks aren't elemental fighters). It could have been a real nice copy of the GW Thief skill where you call an ally with a bow and an ally with a sword to help you fight.

It does seem a bit like Blizzard themselves simply can't see outside the "Assassination" box they've driven Rogues into.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I was talking to the Monk tank in my guild earlier and he's super excited about Earth, Wind and Fire (I think that's what it's called) that Monks will be getting in 5.2. It's quite similar to the 'Thieve's Guild' ability from GW2 and it's a little disappointing (even as someone who doesn't play a Rogue main) to see such a cool ability given to a class where there's no real reason or justification behind it (The name Earth, Wind, Fire irks me a bit, Monks aren't elemental fighters). It could have been a real nice copy of the GW Thief skill where you call an ally with a bow and an ally with a sword to help you fight.

It does seem a bit like Blizzard themselves simply can't see outside the "Assassination" box they've driven Rogues into.
    Just shows even more the fact that rogues will never get any nice things ever now that monks are here.

I just hope theres some "fun" changes to come from rogues in 5.2 at some point in the ptr.
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-12-31 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Can't you people see that rogues are, as always, slow at the start of an expansion and later on the strongest?
    Can't you see that that is absolute garbage design?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

im no reckful or neliyo ... but i find that i die alot more on my rogue then many other classes that ive tried , also much more issues in soloing then any other class ... wrong pulls or mistakes are very painful and unforgiving

i understand making things challenging but my rogue feels seriously like the dude walks around in paper armour... when ever you cant stun blind or sap your really in trouble once your cds are down

pvp is also really not as enjoyable as it used to be =/

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    pvp is also really not as enjoyable as it used to be =/
    I might feel the same way when I get back to "real" BGs instead of the farce which was AV weekend, but as I went from 0 pvp gear to 14/14 deadly gladiator's (actually, 13 deadly, 1 malevolent) over the past couple days, I started feeling a lot better about the rogue in PvP. I felt confident taking on anyone with 330 - 345K health. I wouldn't always win, but it wasn't a complete beat-down.

I specifically tried to make one-on-one and one-on-many situations so I could get a feel for what rogues are like this expansion.

By the time the weekend was over, it felt fine except for the random 100K+ hits (or other OMGWTF abilities) from people even when at the 60% resilience I ended the weekend with. Oh, and seeing a couple physical dps classes together - that never made me happy.

I'm not saying rogues are good or that we shouldn't be improved dramatically in some areas, but I was expecting a lot worse than I got. I was never as successful as when I was on my baby warrior in all 450 crafted PvP gear + crafted PvE weapon, but I think of that as a problem with warriors as opposed to rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Can't you see that that is absolute garbage design?
    Absolutely garbage, it's like me buying a new 500€ gpu and it sucks with games and so the manufacturer says "don't worry, it'll get better with new drivers coming in 8 months..." WTF i want what i paid for NOW!!! In the case of wow i pay 13€/month to play a broken class and have to waiting at least 8 months to become viable? My subs expires jan 9th, not sure about resubbing, i'm getting very sick of this game
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2012-12-31 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Would really say that rogues are dying, people might loose interest but that will always happen and Blizzard willing will fix it somehow(Even if by making it the fotm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerano View Post
    Would really say that rogues are dying, people might loose interest but that will always happen and Blizzard willing will fix it somehow(Even if by making it the fotm)
    At this point, there really isn't much of the dedicated rogue community that would consider an OP "fotm" change to be a fix. Many of us are unhappy with the playstyle in general. We're used to scaling well enough to be known powerhouses at the end of an expansion, that's no surprise. At this point, I think we're hoping for something a bit more revolutionary.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Remember in Wotlk many rogues rerolled DK and never looked back same now with Monks they keep getting all the new toys that rogues want Blizzard doesnt want rogues to have decent burst because of PVP and that makes pve very dull as we are allowed to slowly build up dmg over the fight and then to lose it frequently to movement and target switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Yemiena View Post
    Wanted to share this article with you, entertaining read. Other than that, what are you guys' thoughs on 5.2, and do you think it will resolve some of the issues with rogues in pvp right now?

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/11/ar...a-dying-class/
    Rogues were always underplayed until cata, they just went back to what they used to be, before they became absurdly overpowered and easy to play + free orange daggers. Idk i just recently got my rogue to 90 and having fun with him, i'd play him a lot more if i had any chance of catching up gear-wise. Just waiting for next season only because of that :/.

Deleted
    Retribution paladins is a good example of something that was at the brink of disapearing into the void, but now they are one of the most played classes out there

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Retribution paladins is a good example of something that was at the brink of disapearing into the void, but now they are one of the most played classes out there
    Ret is a spec, not a class, and only because it was meant as a levelling spec in both Vanilla and TBC (wich was an incredibly shitty design idea). Paladins will always be one of the most played class.