Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Really? You have problem with this? Oh dear, I went for it last night, two times with out dpsing, just to see how my sense would work in the environment. On the third pull I nuked the shit down and completed the fight. It's actually really easy, and it should Not be nerfed. Learn the fight, take it slow.
    There is no 'learning' the fight. The fight is random, by that i mean the maze itself is random. Its never the same twice.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    As someone who finished super hexagon (the game the boss is a homage too) entirely, I have to say the crying for the boss to be nerfed is kind of amuzing. Besides, what's the brawler guild suppose to be if not for "hard" mechanics, I'd much rather they focused on the mechanics instead of it being dps races.

I like 0 mistake tollerance mechanics, those that can't be bypassed just by outgearing or having a specific class.
    Except you can, and will, outgear hexos lol. The more gear you get, the less time you spend dodging the maze? Unless it gets faster depending on what % health he is at.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Finally got all card bosses down after doing some fishing and archaeology.

Archaeology boss was fun and challenging took me 6 tries to kill (had him on 50% with all statues killed @ 2nd try though).

Fishing boss was just annoying, low hp but unable to melee him. Popped all my cds and went for Howling Blast + Death Coil spam, had to go into melee to finish off the last 5% which made me die when the fish died.

Now only Disruptron remains but I will postpone that until I can kill it with blood specc and not having to successfully jump over each laser beam (which at the moment is close to impossible since it's so bugged).

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    Now only Disruptron remains but I will postpone that until I can kill it with blood specc and not having to successfully jump over each laser beam (which at the moment is close to impossible since it's so bugged).
    Levitation works on beams again.

Hexos is currently making me want to rip out my eyes and hair...ugh.

I mean you need so many factors to align it's just stupid: high FPS, no lag, good enough gear to beat the enrage, almost perfection twirling around your stupid mouse to avoid that crap...maybe it's just me, but Hexos isn't a "skill" fight, it's a dumb luck fight. Other fights, you die and learn how to do properly. Hexos? You'll get carpal tunnel by the end of it >.>

Is my luck complete shit or do you need to have beaten blat before vial of red ooze will drop from random scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Hexos is currently making me want to rip out my eyes and hair...ugh.

I mean you need so many factors to align it's just stupid: high FPS, no lag, good enough gear to beat the enrage, almost perfection twirling around your stupid mouse to avoid that crap...maybe it's just me, but Hexos isn't a "skill" fight, it's a dumb luck fight. Other fights, you die and learn how to do properly. Hexos? You'll get carpal tunnel by the end of it >.>
    The enrage timer isn't tough at all on Hexos. Set your graphics to the lowest to avoid lag and stop downloading shit, anything under 100ms should be good enough.

I'd say it's a skill fight, you need to be able to do your dps rotation without using the mouse to click the spells and most likely without ever looking at the keyboard.

Deleted
    Since we already have a Brawlers guild thread I will send this one into it.

I finished up most of the fights this weekend, I just have to collect the deck now. I think Disruptron is the hardest fight as a melee even including rank 8 and 9 fights. Jumping over beams, staying in melee range, dodging the pulses... still hard even with a high ilevel to trivialize enrage.

Maybe one of the card deck bosses is harder for me, I'll find out soon.

Deleted
    finally got that scumbag mingus diggs and completely done with brawlers guild. him spawning 7-10 seconds later than normal bosses was rly annoying me, is it like that for other people or? 159k dps 527 rogue for those who are interested. last shirt is nice

Field Marshal RagequitTheShaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a 518 Enhance Shaman with 4 set tier 15(or whatever the latest one is) and the best strat ive come up with is pop Ghost Wolves at the start to help your DPS, then at around 40% I pop all my CDs and burst him down, hasnt worked so far because my latency keeps wanting to spike up, but its a pretty solid strat if you dont mess up

PS: you mess up you die

pro tip: if youre on hexos go buy super hexagon off of steam for like $2, i literally played it for a solid 2 hours then went in and 1 shot hexos
    Last edited by RagequitTheShaman; 2013-06-10 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    phew, I finally reached rank 10 last night
    I expected the Draenei paladin to be more of challenge, but I one-shotted him (probably since I had seen others attempt to kill him)

Deleted
    Hey guys, quick question.
    If I get some quest / card item with my druid, and turn in the quest, will I be able to fight this boss with my hunter ? (As I need to farm scenarios on my alts)

With the cards, I'm pissed I have to do archaeology on my new main. I'm pissed I need a level 25 battle pet. I'm pissed I need to fish.

Also, I'm pissed Ahoo'ru is a pain. Like, worse than disruption pain. I literally one shot everything after Hexos (with the exception of the snake because I fucked up my walk key). The jump in difficulty is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I finished up most of the fights this weekend, I just have to collect the deck now. I think Disruptron is the hardest fight as a melee even including rank 8 and 9 fights. Jumping over beams, staying in melee range, dodging the pulses... still hard even with a high ilevel to trivialize enrage.

Maybe one of the card deck bosses is harder for me, I'll find out soon.
    His dps check was always pretty mild at 490-500 ilvl, it was surviving and maintaining uptime that's the issue.

@Drikkink Ahooru is a tactics check that most classes can't cheese. Do you happen to play a warlock? Most people feel he's much easier than disruptron was unless you were using levi exploits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    His dps check was always pretty mild at 490-500 ilvl, it was surviving and maintaining uptime that's the issue.

@Drikkink Ahooru is a tactics check that most classes can't cheese. Do you happen to play a warlock? Most people feel he's much easier than disruptron was unless you were using levi exploits.
    I am a lock. It honestly feels like the fight was designed to force warlocks to do mechanics on these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    My experiences with Brawler's since 5.3:

New Rank 8s:
    - Hexos was initially daunting but with a bit of practice I got it in 4 or 5 attempts, experiencing the possible variations of the maze is the main factor to learning, doing my rotation properly was a little bit of a pain as a windwalker though without being able to watch my resources properly
    - Sanders was interesting as a melee, wasn't that hard but reminded me of disruptron in the sense that you spend a lot of time running around like a headless chook (intended)
    - Assault bot was easy as shit as a monk, let him stack to 20, popped fort and karma and did a quick mode swap when karma ended, he died seconds later
    - The fire elemental was a joke

New Rank 9s:
    - Big Badda boom, did it as brewmaster (just a choice I made beforehand), wiped once due to underestimating dps requirements, killed him next try, key to beating enrage for me was focusing more on the initial single target burn, you can gain a lot of time there
    - Doctor Fist surprised me first attempt when I found out the hard way that his fist smash isn't survivable with fort and karma, killed him next attempt, his dps requirements were a little tight but manageable
    - Nibbleh sucks, one bad RNG pool spit and it was pretty much a wasted attempt, killed in 5 attempts or so, helped to learn the limitations of how you can/cannot kite him when learning him
    - Ahooru was a 3 shot, first attempt was getting a feel for it, I did the angels really slowly so I only got to 40% in the last phase, second attempt I still did the angels a little too slowly but dramatically improved my approach to burst dps so I got to 10%, kill attempt I did the angels far more recklessly with a cooldown popped then got the enrage fairly easily with time to spare, helps that the divine circle orbs have been fixed

Disruptron post 5.3:
    I gave up on him after 100s of attempts pre 5.3 hoping that blizzard would fix the issues with dodgy laser height and invisible discs, turns out they didn't. I finally decided to man up and get back onto him last night, 20 attempts later finally killed him, thoughts:
    - as a melee, the fight is still seriously screwed
    - invisible discs still happen on some attempts, very blatantly at that
    - lasers still sometimes kill you even after what appears to be a true jump (200ms in australia doesn't help), horde arena complicates this with the lowered sections of the floor too
    - as a melee if the middle disc spawner activates FIRST it is basically a guaranteed wipe unless disruptron moves like an angel for you
    - successful strategy was to put med/high pressure burst on him early on, burning him to 40% as soon as I could, trying to save cooldowns where possible, then at 40% or so, popping Xuen and going balls out whenever I was in range of him, firing ranged abilities where possible, and popping defensives like crazy
    - while the lasers are shit, they ARE learnable and you WILL learn to minimise the risk of bullshit deaths while still having uptime on disruptron, RNG still plays a huge factor here in regards to where he moves
    - as long as discs don't go invisible they're not that hard unless it's the middle one
    - if you don't have stuns to deal with his aoe stun you're going to have to stay away from him for longer, I was able to deal with most of them with charging ox wave and fists of fury, if he started casting while my charging ox was on cooldown and I didn't trust my luck with safely fist...ing him I would gtfo of there
    - cross your fingers and beg for his mercy
    - also, I wasn't listening to music for all of my attempts, then my mate told me to listen to some music and get in the groove, the attempt that I put the music on, was the attempt that I killed him... >.> my rhythm was amazing and I performed everything flawlessly (and the RNG gods blessed me)

Cards:
    - I dun wanna do scenarios, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna level archeology on a second toon, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna bother with fishing on a second toon, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna level a battle pet to 25, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna do darkmoon faire, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna do Razorgrin as a melee, but I'll have to, at least I'm not a warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    My experiences with Brawler's since 5.3:
    Cards:
    - I dun wanna do scenarios, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna level archeology on a second toon, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna bother with fishing on a second toon, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna level a battle pet to 25, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna do darkmoon faire, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna do Razorgrin as a melee, but I'll have to, at least I'm not a warrior
    Noone is forcing you to do any of these.

However, for the fishing one you don't need any fishing skill and for the battle pet one you could just buy a coupl eof lvl 25 pets from AH.

And regarding Disruptron, been having the same issues as you but it seems like they fixed the laser beams at least. Still very annoying when the boss decides to go for the mid cannon first and when 2 beams are very close to each other so you cant jump between them and cant jump both of them in one jump.

But definitely doable now.

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    you could just buy a coupl eof lvl 25 pets from AH.
    Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

You need a level 25 pet to use level 25 pets.

@Radio, Disruptron melee centre totem is possible just absolutely ridiculous. I try to kill disruptron a couple tries most days just for fun (killed it pre 5.3), and one time I killed it with the centre totem beginning just by not messing up at all. He hugged near hte middle but I just kept my distance as dps isn't an issue in 5.3 and got in shots where I could.

@Sharlez no jump is undoable without speed increases if you plan ahead - which is preferable. Otherwise speed increases allow you to cover 2 beams when they get close together. With practice it's easy to do diagonal beams on every jump and in usually better for the fight too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So im going to assume I am just bad at turning. I have killed all the original rank 8 rare bosses, killed all the rare card bosses and still can not seem to beat hexos. I have way more attempts then should be needed, but seems like I either turn a little to far or a little short 90% of the time. To me once I or if I ever get him down the rest should be easy