Thread: NCAA football

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    You're misreading that mate. That is Eastern Washington that Beat out Oregon State. FCS School beating out #25 in the rankings. Sweet, sweet justice. I was pulling for EWu, they aren't that far off from where I lived.
    No, ESPN's site was actually fucked up for a minute and showed Nich St. having a lead on Oregon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    You're misreading that mate. That is Eastern Washington that Beat out Oregon State. FCS School beating out #25 in the rankings. Sweet, sweet justice. I was pulling for EWu, they aren't that far off from where I lived.
    Wait for reals?

Ahahaha. Thats great. Watching games on their home field is trippy though. That red field.

10+ Year Old Account
    True that, better than that BSU Blue turf though, Christ I hate that blue turf. Red is better, but the natural green is best.

Manziel, good lord. I will pay to see him get injured this year, and I wouldn't even wish that on Tom freaking Brady in the NFL. I really don't like his attitude, even without the autograph garbage. He is a monger that needs to be put back in his place.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

ROFL clemsux gives up 550 yards (222 on the ground) and 35 points and ESPN is calling them a national title contender...what a joke. I absolutely hate ESPN. Is there a college channel thats like MLB/NFL network where the commentators arent always going full retard?

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking of Boise St, they got absolutely destroyed, but they'll win their next 2 games against lousy competition and be in the top 25 again, I am still perplexed by them ever getting top 25 ranking

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always nice to see Bama beat a high-profile (if rebuilding) team outside of conference. And Clemson beat Georgia. This is good news for me, at least for now. Oh, and Christian Jones. Three different types of touchdowns, insane.

The NCAA rules for hits is really stupid. The two players ejected this week weren't even "targeting" and the A&M guy looked like he hit the guy in the shoulders. ejected, and miss the first part of the next game. Bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    ROFL clemsux gives up 550 yards (222 on the ground) and 35 points and ESPN is calling them a national title contender...what a joke. I absolutely hate ESPN. Is there a college channel thats like MLB/NFL network where the commentators arent always going full retard?
    In their defense, they just beat Georgia. Not like they gave up that many yards against Northeastern Tech Community College.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-01 at 06:49 AM.

did you watch that game? it had everything, great game
    clemson's defense beat the shit out of GA, UGA put together 1 solid drive AFTER a fake punt, and then scored on a prevent defense late, the rest were just monster plays by gurley, UGA's back and he's probably the best in the nation. huge, strong, fast, if he's healthy he's a heisman contender

and clemson's defense was scary good, looked better than alabama's defense today by a longshot. their d line was unstoppable, this was realistically a 10 point clemson win vs a team that may be in the SECCG

clemson IS a NC contender until they lose, they have a win vs a top 5 team right now and that's more than most teams will ever accomplish this year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    speaking of Boise St, they got absolutely destroyed, but they'll win their next 2 games against lousy competition and be in the top 25 again, I am still perplexed by them ever getting top 25 ranking
    Ya, after Keith Price threw an int on his first throw I figured the Huskies were gonna shit the bed.

15+ Year Old Account
    They played Georgia not some directional school. They are a good team, but I will believe they won't blow their rank when I see it. Hard to say how they stack up against Bama though for a couple more weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Manziels demeanor last night was pathetic. Miming signing autographs, rubbing his hands together like he is holding a wad of cash, taunting guys. Could he possibly be more fucking dense? Spitting in theoretic the NCAA is a great idea. I hope Bama destroys this idiot. There is a reason TAMU doesn't have him as a captain despite winning the heisman. Does he think he is going to pay in the NFL with this attitude? WRs can be divas, NFL QBs can't, at least not to this extent.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Conscript you would think Manziel would check his doucheness at the locker room esp since all the shit that's been going on with him and the media the last few months but nope he can't help it. If he goes to the NFL he will end up an unliked Tim Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by schicklgruber View Post
    clemson IS a NC contender until they lose, they have a win vs a top 5 team right now and that's more than most teams will ever accomplish this year
    we will have to wait till the season is over to see how good GA really is. Teams get over hyped all the time because of ESPN deciding to ride someone's nuts. If GA finishes 2-10 then Clemson didnt beat a top 5 team they beat a crappy 2-10 team. Also I pulled up Bamas stats from last year. They ranked first in total defense (250.00 yards per game), scoring defense (10.93 points per game) and rushing defense (76.36 yards per game) and ranked seventh in passing defense. Thats what a contender's stats look like.

we will have to wait till the season is over to see how good GA really is. Teams get over hyped all the time because of ESPN deciding to ride someone's nuts. If GA finishes 2-10 then Clemson didnt beat a top 5 team they beat a crappy 2-10 team. Also I pulled up Bamas stats from last year. They ranked first in total defense (250.00 yards per game), scoring defense (10.93 points per game) and rushing defense (76.36 yards per game) and ranked seventh in passing defense. Thats what a contender's stats look like.
    There are only 2 top 10 teams I can remember that completely shit the bed that season, but both happened last year. Arkansas and USC. The rest usually have, at worse, a 4 loss season.

I need an opinion here from the Rutgers at Fresno State game on Thursday though. Game is in the first OT. You just scored a TD to answer Fresno's TD. The game is pushing 5 hours and you've allowed 5 passing TDs and 53/74 for the QB. Fresno has also shown no ability to stop you. Do you kick the extra point for the tie or do you go for 2 and the win?

Quote Originally Posted by schicklgruber View Post
    Smooth sailing until FSU midseason, and then they close vs South Carolina and then The U in the ACC Championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    There are only 2 top 10 teams I can remember that completely shit the bed that season, but both happened last year. Arkansas and USC. The rest usually have, at worse, a 4 loss season.

I need an opinion here from the Rutgers at Fresno State game on Thursday though. Game is in the first OT. You just scored a TD to answer Fresno's TD. The game is pushing 5 hours and you've allowed 5 passing TDs and 53/74 for the QB. Fresno has also shown no ability to stop you. Do you kick the extra point for the tie or do you go for 2 and the win?
    Chip Kelly it. Go for 2. I'm also not a college football coach so I can make armchair calls like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This red shirt freshman QB for Florida State is lighting it up. Only one drop (and it was a questionable call that somehow wasn't reviewed), three touchdowns, one rushing touchdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really how I expected this game to start. Florida isn't getting either side to work, and two personal fouls is just stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, there goes Florida's season. At least Georgia lost to Clemson.

And Braxton Miller is hurt. Looks like it could be bad. That might be Ohio State's season.

Quote Originally Posted by darebear View Post
    yeah it just tells others that you can go and sign a shed load of things and get paid for it, BUT make sure you get paid in cash so they cant trace it... they should have just hammered that little prick and made an example of him and what happens when you do this
    Or prove it. Glad you aren't involved anywhere in the judicial system

The NCAA blows, don't get me wrong. There was no proof, he should not have been suspended even half a game. "You signed so many you should have known SOMEBODY was making money from it"....what a crock
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bylaw 12.5.2.2 Use of a Student-Athlete's Name or Picture without Knowledge or
    Permission
    If a student-athlete’s name or picture appears on commercial items (e.g., T-shirts, sweatshirts,
    serving trays, playing cards, posters, photographs) or is used to promote a commercial product
    sold by an individual or agency without the student-athlete’s knowledge or permission, the
    student-athlete (or the institution acting on behalf of the student-athlete) is required to take steps
    to stop such an activity in order to retain his or her eligibility for intercollegiate athletics.
    Considering the wording of the bylaw we should also levy a suspension on every school in the country and the NCAA itself. Just a ridiculous rule. The sooner the NCAA dinosaur goes extinct the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, there goes Florida's season.
    In fairness Miami wasn't very impressive either. Was a hard game to watch. Florida reminds me of the last 2 years of LSU teams. Great defense. Pathetic offense. Abysmal QB play. The only difference being LSU could run the ball and did a better job of holding onto it. Florida looks like an 8-4 team at best.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    In fairness Miami wasn't very impressive either. Was a hard game to watch. Florida reminds me of the last 2 years of LSU teams. Great defense. Pathetic offense. Abysmal QB play. The only difference being LSU could run the ball and did a better job of holding onto it. Florida looks like an 8-4 team at best.
    Or the Alabama team of a few years ago. Yeah. Miami probably shouldn't get ranked with this win, but you never know. And Florida still has South Carolina, Georgia, Florida State, and LSU to play. Talk about a hard schedule.