Thread: NCAA football

Page 95 of 141 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Moral of the story is both our teams are completely overrated and sucky? The last couple weeks have shattered my hopes of Michigan beating OSU because wow have they looked mediocre.
    yes but MSU didn't start the season rated in the top 20. Whos more overrated?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    yes but MSU didn't start the season rated in the top 20. Whos more overrated?
    Notre Dame lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Notre Dame lol.
    Tough to argue with that.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

Every season:
    "Who's the most o-"
    "Notre Dame"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, a couple interesting things happened yesterday. The Miami game went only 12 minutes in the fourth quarter, and the Louisville game ran out the clock with no stoppages at the end of the game. Obviously, it was agreed upon by both teams in both cases, but I've never heard of either of those things happening. Didn't even know they were allowed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Every season:
    "Who's the most o-"
    "Notre Dame"
    http://outkickthecoverage.com/the-te...notre-dame.php

Pretty much on point!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Wait did you just refer to the ACC as a "power conference"? Is it basketball season already?
    Well, depends on how you look at it. Sure, SEC >>> everyone else, but ACC is clearly better than Big 10, Big 12, AAC, and probably Pac 40.

I'd take Clemson and Miami over any of those conferences top 2 teams.

So... went to the Wisconsin-Purdue game last Saturday. Fun stuff! What a shame that this UW team got robbed of an outside shot at an undefeated season (and I realize it was a small chance) by the Pac-12. Everyone should boycott playing games in their stadiums until they use non-conference refs for those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is high school and below, but I had to share how incredibly stupid these people are: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...103325382.html

Long story short, high school teams are gonna be fined and coaches suspended if they win by 35+ points.....you know, because.....no, I don't even have a smart-ass answer for this. I just know that several college teams and probably a couple NFL teams would be suffering stupid fines just for this week if that were a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats more demoralizing, losing by 35+ or having the team take a knee every snap after they are up in points? I'd say its about equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Whats more demoralizing, losing by 35+ or having the team take a knee every snap after they are up in points? I'd say its about equal.
    That sounds about right. They can literally say "They weren't even trying in the second half... or... midway through the second quarter."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's even worse though, because teams are so unbalanced. It's kids. There's just gonna be some teams with kids that are bigger than NFL players. There's ALWAYS gonna be lopsided games, and they're gonna be incredibly prevalent. Why are you punishing these kids for doing well?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Well, depends on how you look at it. Sure, SEC >>> everyone else, but ACC is clearly better than Big 10, Big 12, AAC, and probably Pac 40.

I'd take Clemson and Miami over any of those conferences top 2 teams.
    SEC and Pac12 are the best divisions right now. If you doubt this, feel free to watch Oregon, Washington, Stanford and even UCLA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's even worse though, because teams are so unbalanced. It's kids. There's just gonna be some teams with kids that are bigger than NFL players. There's ALWAYS gonna be lopsided games, and they're gonna be incredibly prevalent. Why are you punishing these kids for doing well?
    Helicopter parents and the idea that compassion is more important than sportsmanship in youth athletics. When I was in middle school (age 9-12) I played on our football team (moved from being an undersized receiver to just about every position in the secondary). We were terrible. I remember losing one game 55-7 and just getting leveled all day long by kids that I am still convinced were actually a Div. III college football team. It wasn't a fair contest. But scoring that one touchdown in garbage time against their backups was one of the most cathartic experiences of my life. We are preventing our kids from learning important lessons about character and handling defeat and disappointment in the interests of protecting them from the unhappiness that is a permanent fact of life. And worse we are doing it because of what the scoreboard says. I think Lombardi said that the scoreboard was for the fans. You have to win the battle with the man in front of you. On that day it took all day but we won the battle just that one time. And that is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    They don't separate schools accordingly. Schools like St. Thomas Aquinas, Booker T, Northwestern, etc recruit. Northwestern's defensive coordinate is fucking LUTHER CAMPBELL! How are average "oh, football... i guess i can try out, I'm kinda fast!? " compete with teams that mirror college programs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    SEC and Pac12 are the best divisions right now. If you doubt this, feel free to watch Oregon, Washington, Stanford and even UCLA.
    Yep. I've LOVE the NCG to be Oregon vs Clemson. I think that would be the most entertaining game. I'd take Oregon over my beloved Canes. My Canes would beat Stanford or UCLA, and Washington is scared of us. We have a grudge against them still. Nappy Kaufmann and Marky Mark Tuiluploso can suck it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Georgia - LSU turning out to be a hell of a game. tied up in the 2nd at 14. Both QB's look great. Gonna come down to who makes mistakes. Looks like Gurley's ankle got twisted.

- - - Updated - - -

Gurley off trainers table and going back to the locker room. His backup looks sharp though

- - - Updated - - -

LSU 17 - 24 Georgia at half. LSU gets the ball coming out of the break. Coach is saying Gurley has an ankle sprain but no classification for the severity. Doubts he can go in the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

What a game. Georgia beats LSU by 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    This UW Arizona game is gonna be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yep. I've LOVE the NCG to be Oregon vs Clemson. I think that would be the most entertaining game.
    Well if Georgia ends up beating an undefeated Alabama and winning the SEC it will be Oregon and Georgia. They will never have another National Championship game be a rematch. And if Georgia beats the number 1 team in the country why shouldnt they play Oregon?

Autzen is a slip and slide right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, I saw the Oregon/Cal score at 41-0 and thought "wow, Oregon only scored 41?" Then I realized that it was the second quarter.

Only game I got to watch this week was South Carolina almost screwing themselves up. I kind of wanted to see them lose.

Let's see. Bama shutout Ole Miss. That's good. They need to see that defense destroying teams. Clemson pulled an Oregon on Wake Forest. Nobody should have any doubts they deserve to be number 3. Georgia over LSU. This is interesting. They're in opposite divisions, but that makes all three (SC, Florida, Georgia) SEC east teams with a loss. Could be ugly at the end of the season.

It's just Kentucky, but it's nice to see Florida do well without Driskel. I still argue though that Tyler Murphy is just as good. Plus, a strong running game can make any QB look good.