Thanks for the advice guys, LoSing them did the trick, and Dark Command was awesome too.

Just having troubles on Festergut now. XD Since apparently AMS doesn't drop the stacks from Gastric Bloat since two patches ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taralack View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys, LoSing them did the trick, and Dark Command was awesome too.

Just having troubles on Festergut now. XD Since apparently AMS doesn't drop the stacks from Gastric Bloat since two patches ago.
    Go blood, MC a Plague Scientist with control undead, use the Scientist to cast Plague stream on you. Tank and spank the fight as you burn him down before hitting 10 stacks. If you are doing 25HM just make sure to dodge the bouncing slimes because they will slow your movement and rune regen rate. He will occasionally disorient you so if you feel you need to pick up Desecrate to break the CC in the event that you are about to get slimed or he decides to beat on your scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Taralack View Post

AMS will still prevent an application. With Regenerative Magic you can extend the fight out longer than without (AMS every 2 or so Bloats I think). Also if you're disoriented before a Bloat and have some type of minion up he'll Bloat that thing over you.

But yes, get a Plague Scientist

Deleted
    does someone know the ilvl requirement for soloing yogg+0 25 man with frost ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhnwyn View Post
    does someone know the ilvl requirement for soloing yogg+0 25 man with frost ?
    I'd say something along the lines of 535. Tough, but might be doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    I'd say something along the lines of 535. Tough, but might be doable.
    I tried it with something around 550 (2h frost) and struggled, but you can easily kill the brain with 1 phase. depending on how tentacles spawn, p3 can be harsh. I usually got yogg down to <3% and with a lucky try succeeded.

EDIT: I'm normally blood and don't play frost that often (and almost never in a raid setting), so there is a big skill gap to someone who actually play frost in raids. I'd pick PL, LB, DA, DSi, BT and DG (and I don't think I have to mention how awesome the new AMS glyph is? glyph of OB seemed to be easier to apply your dots onto the tentacle, but I'm sure you can play without)
    Last edited by rhapso; 2014-01-14 at 11:08 PM.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^^^

Roiling Blood is far far superior to Plague Leech on Yogg

Deleted
    i got 551 with a crappy 530 2h weapon, sucks when u dont raid anymore, i will try it tonight

I was really struggling trying to do Yogg 25+0 lights as Blood. I'm 554 ilvl, DPS gear (optimized for 2h Frost, so Crit>Mastery>Haste, with Haste at 6.5k) and my damage wasn't enough to get me out of contrictors quickly, kill Crushers, and kill all the adds in the brain room so I could kill the brain and move into P3. Obviously I wasn't expecting to kill the brain on the first portal phase but I was literally getting a constrictor on me every time I got out of one; killing a constrictor when portals opened and not getting constricted again immediately after was literally a cause for celebration. The retarded RNG involved with constrictor spawns is so frustrating.

So I tried it with Frost and I found it a lot easier, I took both AMS Major glyphs and glyph of Outbreak and could easily kill constrictors in time to get into portals. My 2h weapon is okay (the normal mode polearm from Thok, fully upgraded) and I used engie rocket boots to zoom around brain room and kill the adds easily. That left the brain's induce madness at about halfway through its cast, leaving me more than enough time to kill it in one go and get into phase 3.

But phase 3 is where it gets hard as Frost, the faceless adds really hurt and it becomes a problem to just try to burn the boss quickly without focusing on killing tentacles and adds. I got it to about 5%, but I feel if I took Death Pact instead of Death Siphon I would have been able to kill it easily. I'll try it again as soon as the stupid "you have entered too many instances" lock expires...

EDIT: so Death Siphon is mandatory if you decide to do it as Frost. You need the on-demand, spammable heal, and Dark Succor doesn't work on any of the adds. During P3 you just need to burn Yogg as fast as you can, spam Death Siphon if you need to, pop personals, etc. and hope you can kill him before the faceless adds wreck you.
    Last edited by Dominating; 2014-01-15 at 10:50 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I was really struggling trying to do Yogg 25+0 lights as Blood. I'm 554 ilvl, DPS gear (optimized for 2h Frost, so Crit>Mastery>Haste, with Haste at 6.5k) and my damage wasn't enough to get me out of contrictors quickly, kill Crushers, and kill all the adds in the brain room so I could kill the brain and move into P3. Obviously I wasn't expecting to kill the brain on the first portal phase but I was literally getting a constrictor on me every time I got out of one; killing a constrictor when portals opened and not getting constricted again immediately after was literally a cause for celebration. The retarded RNG involved with constrictor spawns is so frustrating.

So I tried it with Frost and I found it a lot easier, I took both AMS Major glyphs and glyph of Outbreak and could easily kill constrictors in time to get into portals. My 2h weapon is okay (the normal mode polearm from Thok, fully upgraded) and I used engie rocket boots to zoom around brain room and kill the adds easily. That left the brain's induce madness at about halfway through its cast, leaving me more than enough time to kill it in one go and get into phase 3.

But phase 3 is where it gets hard as Frost, the faceless adds really hurt and it becomes a problem to just try to burn the boss quickly without focusing on killing tentacles and adds. I got it to about 5%, but I feel if I took Death Pact instead of Death Siphon I would have been able to kill it easily. I'll try it again as soon as the stupid "you have entered too many instances" lock expires...

EDIT: so Death Siphon is mandatory if you decide to do it as Frost. You need the on-demand, spammable heal, and Dark Succor doesn't work on any of the adds. During P3 you just need to burn Yogg as fast as you can, spam Death Siphon if you need to, pop personals, etc. and hope you can kill him before the faceless adds wreck you.
    Suggestions as Blood: You should be able to kill the brain in one phase at your ilevel, and your gear isn't optimized correctly, go Crit > Haste > Mastery (also, I'm pretty sure even for 2H Frost Mastery > Critical Strike in your gear).

Use AMS and Purification Potions

For p3 just keep sure to throw one or another howling blast into the adds, so that they're low hp and have a harder time healing up and deal less dmg. Additionally i can hardly believe that death pact is sufficient selfheal for the enitre encounter. Using DS would be a greater dps loss if used raw.

And you should really kill the tentacles, the big one casts a 20% dmg reduce on you and getting the stundebuff is also annoying.

For general soloing:

I did a run as unholy dk in some cata raids + yogg 25 +0 and i was quite satisified.
    Did 6/8 normal ds, Yor'sahj including all his trash together was kinda fun spiking like 3 million dps while surviving until adds died was pretty nasty wouldn try below 570 and is easier as frost. Morchok, Zon'ozz, Hagara and blackhorn were a cakewalk, the only requirement here is the hp/selfheal one for surviving a stomp at full hp + being able to heal through it (600k death siphon heals ftw) and so on.
    Ultraxion was kinda interesting as he casts 2 times fading light on you at the same time and if their timers are synced or very close you're kinda dead. His dmg output is also nasty. I killed him in the end with bl drums and bursted him in 1min15, doing ~470k dps at the end, avoiding fading light entirely, so full heroic players might wanna do their mount runs a dps for faster kills.

Cleared full BoT normal The first three just died away, gonna try them on heroic this reset, went already with Cho'Gall hc and got him to ~7%, his dmg is just nasty as a dps and especially the transition + phase 2 are quite brutal. Normal one died in burst, BoT as uh should be doable in full flex, might need extra mastery for more selfheal.

Yogg 25 +0
    Damn easy, timmy kills constrictors pretty fast if transformed and collecting 5 stacks in p1 is not really hard. Camp at crusher, dealing with corrupter on range as dc/ds/IT/diseases/timmy is monstrous range dmg for a melee and depending on ilvl you don't need cds for the brain room, and as you get out you kill remaining tentacles, pull all cds including army and blow him up, as he starts in execute he just dies. DoTing adds + DnD is more than sufficient to keep them low enough to not be a threat even with the heal buff.
    Felt way easier than frost and blood. Should be doable at a mix of flex and lfr SoO gear, might take more optimization, buffood, flask, maybe drums and stuff which i didn't use.

I give up, it's not working for me. Occasionally I will get a lucky streak where constrictors don't chain spawn and keep me perma-squeezed but 90% of the time they spawn immediately after I've killed one, preventing me from killing crushers and getting into portals. In phase 3 the adds do way too much damage for me to survive as Frost, and when I make it to phase 3 as Blood there are so many crushers up that my damage is comparable to res sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I give up, it's not working for me. Occasionally I will get a lucky streak where constrictors don't chain spawn and keep me perma-squeezed but 90% of the time they spawn immediately after I've killed one, preventing me from killing crushers and getting into portals. In phase 3 the adds do way too much damage for me to survive as Frost, and when I make it to phase 3 as Blood there are so many crushers up that my damage is comparable to res sickness.
    The trick I've found is only try to kill one of the debuff tentacles then chill with a crusher until the first brain room. If you need two brain rooms just let the constrictor grab you until about 5 seconds before the next brain room will spawn before killing it and taking the portal. Been working for me the last month though when you get out for the second time you will need to kill every debuff tentacle before the crushers.

Deleted
    Two quick boon questions:

1.) Is it possible to solo raids while being in queue for LFR?
    2.) Is Sturdy Cobalt Quickblade an adequate weapon to solo Valithria? Are there easily optainable better options?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenmond View Post

2.) Is Sturdy Cobalt Quickblade an adequate weapon to solo Valithria? Are there easily optainable better options?

Cheers
    1. Should be able to, but I haven't personally tested it. My guess is when you exit LFR, you'll be ported either to the start of the raid or to the graveyard.
    2. I don't know, I just got whatever was the cheapest green sword I could find on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenmond View Post

Cheers
    1.) Yes
    2.) As long as it's low weapon damage and a fast weapon it really shouldn't matter. Just run Stockades or RFC for easy weak 1hs.

Speaking of the LFR thing it's been a while since this was mentioned: It's possible to zone into LFR versions of raids that have an LFR (DS and all of MoP) by not leaving your LFR group. If I remember correctly you can access both wings of DS LFR but it's annoying to get one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    1.) Yes
    2.) As long as it's low weapon damage and a fast weapon it really shouldn't matter. Just run Stockades or RFC for easy weak 1hs.

Speaking of the LFR thing it's been a while since this was mentioned: It's possible to zone into LFR versions of raids that have an LFR (DS and all of MoP) by not leaving your LFR group. If I remember correctly you can access both wings of DS LFR but it's annoying to get one of them.
    I'm fairly certain you can only get Fall of Deathwing in DS using the LFR trick.

Someone mentioned they were having trouble with Yogg+0, you need to make sure you are tanking a crusher after the first constrictor, lower its health and wait until after the portals open, then kill the crusher and run in. You shouldn't be picked up by any more constrictors.

Then when you leave the brain room if you still haven't pushed phase 3, jump right back in the portal. If you leave a few seconds early, youll have time to regroup because the tentacles will be frozen. Also, reapply diseases before you leave the brain room.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    I'm fairly certain you can only get Fall of Deathwing in DS using the LFR trick.

Someone mentioned they were having trouble with Yogg+0, you need to make sure you are tanking a crusher after the first constrictor, lower its health and wait until after the portals open, then kill the crusher and run in. You shouldn't be picked up by any more constrictors.

Then when you leave the brain room if you still haven't pushed phase 3, jump right back in the portal. If you leave a few seconds early, youll have time to regroup because the tentacles will be frozen. Also, reapply diseases before you leave the brain room.
    I think it depends on with part you got the achievement for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    I think it depends on with part you got the achievement for.
    That makes sense. For instance, if you haven't completed the first wing yet, you obviously can't enter the second wing so it places you in Siege of Wyrmrest. Just don't kill Hagara =P

Just finished SOO part 3 in LFR. after we killed animus, two people stayed in raid so i ported out, ran to the DS entrance, and entered it.
    It put me into 10man.

I ran out, manually set diff to 25 (it said "Difficulty set to Looking for Raid")
    Ran back in. It immediately changed it to normal 25 (and instance was 25 as well).

So unless i did something wrong, this doesnt work
    We dream, we dream.