Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    Already tested, marked shot always procs, not neccessary to spam aimed shot maybe twice in 30-40 secs. I dont have any problems with mobility in dungeons.
    With headshot or lock and load you have the same dps as with sidewalkers, u can mark multiply targets with multi-shot instead of sidewalkers
    ~every 2-3 arcane\multi\aa procs marks this is ALOT.
    What is your average dps without sidewinders?

Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    Already tested, marked shot always procs, not neccessary to spam aimed shot maybe twice in 30-40 secs. I dont have any problems with mobility in dungeons.
    With headshot or lock and load you have the same dps as with sidewalkers, u can mark multiply targets with multi-shot instead of sidewalkers
    ~every 2-3 arcane\multi\aa procs marks this is ALOT.
    5 ppl dungeons is not a very good measure. I am talking about Mythic raiding. There is a lot of shit going on. I don't even wanna think about MM on Time Anomaly boss. Multishot ''marking'' is not conistent and ''ok'' only if you have long live targets, so council-like fights. Now imagine Tichondrius, where you need to AoE blood ASAP. You can end up spamming multishot for shit damage never getting proc, when BM press one button and ''it's done''.

Now, I am not saying that MM is unplayable and sky is falling and I reroll DH cuz his frame color is beautiful. I am just saying that while MM spec is feel incomplete. On live you have TotH proc, which is feels good to have and which is not affecting your core mechanics: if you have one - good, if you don't - oh well. But Hunter Mark and Marked Shot is a whole another story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    5 ppl dungeons is not a very good measure. I am talking about Mythic raiding. There is a lot of shit going on. I don't even wanna think about MM on Time Anomaly boss. Multishot ''marking'' is not conistent and ''ok'' only if you have long live targets, so council-like fights. Now imagine Tichondrius, where you need to AoE blood ASAP. You can end up spamming multishot for shit damage never getting proc, when BM press one button and ''it's done''.

Now, I am not saying that MM is unplayable and sky is falling and I reroll DH cuz his frame color is beautiful. I am just saying that while MM spec is feel incomplete. On live you have TotH proc, which is feels good to have and which is not affecting your core mechanics: if you have one - good, if you don't - oh well. But Hunter Mark and Marked Shot is a whole another story.
    Not every spec should perform exactly the same on every encounter. If you're a Mythic raider, you're not going to have issues with changing specs to fill new niches, especially since you can now play all 3 specs. If you are not a Mythic raider, then you are unlikely to play at the skill level or in a guild where switching specs matters all that much. If your guild requires you to switch spec based on a small advantage that might not even matter and is not doing Mythic raiding, they're taking themselves way too seriously.

Anyway, even if Multishot doesn't work right for MM AoE, you can switch your talents around to balance that out. Explosive Shot, Sentinel, Barrage, the new Volley and Sidewinders are all talents you can use that improve your AoE. Again, if you prefer other talents, either the content you do is hard enough for it to matter, which means you shouldn't have issues with switching, or the content can be done with every talent, in which case it doesn't really matter whether you switch or not.

So I was playing around with the new talent layout on the beta and True aim is not that bad of a ramp up time now. The extra wind arrows from the elite talent legacy of the windrunner in the artifact tree count towards applying the debuff so with a lucky proc you can get almost a full stack of true aim on a mob instantly. It will be interesting to see what maths out to be better once our math wizards can test this stuff out and figure out whats best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    Maybe you should play it yourself instead of judging spec by preview of casual youtuber/annoying motherfucker which is Preach? And yes, one instant cast of Sidewinders every 8-10 sec, depending on your Haste, is not "mobile".
    I don't particularly despise his videos (or maybe I haven't seen enough yet to do); but the one thing that ticks me off is how he's acknowledging that Aimed Shot is currently undertuned on the beta and yet his entire preview point of view and arguments are completely based on aimed shot remaining a weak skill.
    (e.g. "People complain about marksman mobility; but I don't buy that, because you're not using aimed shot much anyway")

I'm not entirely sure what Blizzard's vision is with marksman on that front. But i very much doubt that they'll turn it into an arcane shot / marked shot spam fest.

Deleted
    so now you can have both LoneWolf and trueaim.. seems nice

Then you see that they put Sidewinders and trickshot on the same tier... FUCK YOU BLIZZARD.

Well, first look at volley, doing ~ 10% of your damage on single target. Better than a murder of crows?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    so now you can have both LoneWolf and trueaim.. seems nice

Then you see that they put Sidewinders and trickshot on the same tier... FUCK YOU BLIZZARD.
    Yea I saw that too hope the tweet stating the talent layout is going back to the previous one next build is true so we can have sidewinders and trick shot.

I actually like that, hope they DON'T get back to old talent build since it was fully retarded.

I hope they take the taunt off black arrow for bosses, like other talents which include a taunt. It will be annoying to have to port back to town to swap talents if you go from questing to dungeons/raids. Also, it kind of eliminates the talent as an end game talent because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    I hope they take the taunt off black arrow for bosses, like other talents which include a taunt. It will be annoying to have to port back to town to swap talents if you go from questing to dungeons/raids. Also, it kind of eliminates the talent as an end game talent because of this.
    You won't be needing do port to town all the time. In beta you do, but there will be an Inscription reagent, just like live tomes, to respec wherever you want. They just dindn't decide on the price yet.

Tweeted celestalon, who made it sound like it isn't supposed to be taunting anyway. Good news.

it isn't supposed to be taunting anyway.
    It is too obvious.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should split it, a damage dot and a pet that taunts but deals no damage.

i already had a couple of rares/ elites that were immune to the taunt while questing in suramar, so i highly doubt raidbosses will react to the taunt.

Rexxars Pet Misha on the other hand does taunt the raidbosses that are outside of instanced raids

Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    i already had a couple of rares/ elites that were immune to the taunt while questing in suramar, so i highly doubt raidbosses will react to the taunt.

Rexxars Pet Misha on the other hand does taunt the raidbosses that are outside of instanced raids
    Main reason (in beta) I quest with a pet even though I'm MM specc'd ... them elites, they hurt ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

If you wanna quest without having to worry bout getting slapped just go BM. I quest in bm, let my pet do the job while I do other things in the meantime like clicking quest items or pulling more or healing him.

True aim or Lock and load now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuka69 View Post
    True aim or Lock and load now ?
    True Aim for ST and L'n'L for target switching, obviously.

Will entirely depend on the numbers once they finalise and "attempt" to balance them
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)