10+ Year Old Account
    You guys realize what a remaster means right?

They will return....

THE MEMES WILL RETURN!

No character models shown in the remaster reveal...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    But does say new art and assets. Although I do doubt models being among them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Dont worry, pc's will get the mods for them anyways.
    And consoles will have isues with the SDK and then start crying on beth mods site and create a shitstorm, thanks bethesda, a remake of a game that's not even old... could've gone for morrowind or oblivion.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Dont worry, pc's will get the mods for them anyways.
    And consoles will have isues with the SDK and then start crying on beth mods site and create a shitstorm, thanks bethesda, a remake of a game that's not even old... could've gone for morrowind or oblivion.
    You kidding? If they went with Morrowind or Oblivion, they'd have do more than make them look pretty. They'd have to give them the "Skyrim Treatment", though Oblivion was like half way there, but still...

If they change anything to Papyrus, all current mods will break.

really hope that's an optional upgrade, because i don't want my skyrim looking like fallout 4, it looks fine as is.

i'm so disappointed though. no new elder scrolls or dragon age. i'm gonna go like lay in bed and cry or something. or play skyrim and cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    You kidding? If they went with Morrowind or Oblivion, they'd have do more than make them look pretty. They'd have to give them the "Skyrim Treatment", though Oblivion was like half way there, but still...

If they change anything to Papyrus, all current mods will break.
    This makes me wonder. Skyrim mods are prettly fleshed out (no pun intended) and stable. I wonder if this update is gonna affect scripting enough to break a lot of them. Honestly, I really only use SkyUI with Skyrim, but I depend on it so much I can't play without it.

Deleted
    It probably wont change anything for the regular edition we already have. When Divinity: Original Sin published the remastered version, it became an additional game in your Steam library, so you have both, the regular one and the remastered. I imagine it will be the same for Skyrim, or atleast i hope it will be.

I really want to make my own side by side comparison, since based on that short footage, my modded Skyrim looks atleast on par, if not better than that.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was just shocked at how good it looked on the consoles. I'm a little concerned that FPS won't be up to par with it looking that well. Plus the fact that mods can run...eh. Modding is one of the biggest advantages PCs have over Consoles still, but if the experiments with modding with Bethesda games goes well we could see the gap between PC and Console close dramatically.

Sure PC's are still capable of higher power, because they are 'infinitely' upgradable, but this is really cool to see. And this is coming from a Pro PC person. The older I get, the more I want to just play stuff on a console and worry about fussing with computers less.

I am really, really excited about this. Way more than I should be, but the second that graphics transition happened I lost my mind. I think we like to poo poo improvements in gaming, thinking it's not really that great, but my eyes saw what they saw. As long as that is the real game we are delivered and not some weird beefed up PS4 test console, then we are in for a treat.
    BAD WOLF

I wonder if they've fixed the memory issues. Granted there is supposedly a 'fix' for that from the modding community but I haven't tested it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    really hope that's an optional upgrade, because i don't want my skyrim looking like fallout 4, it looks fine as is.

i'm so disappointed though. no new elder scrolls or dragon age. i'm gonna go like lay in bed and cry or something. or play skyrim and cry.
    The way DA:I ended, I am totally ok with them taking their time on the next installment. They left us with such a cliff hanger, that I can't wait to see where the story leads now. But i'm perfectly fine with them taking their time to release another amazing game.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The way DA:I ended, I am totally ok with them taking their time on the next installment. They left us with such a cliff hanger, that I can't wait to see where the story leads now. But i'm perfectly fine with them taking their time to release another amazing game.
    yeah, i understand. time = better, hopefully.

but, i would like some news at all, even just a "it's coming".

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, i understand. time = better, hopefully.

but, i would like some news at all, even just a "it's coming".
    You weren't satisfied with the book gif? lol

You weren't satisfied with the book gif? lol
    book gif? i accidentally slept through the start of the EA thing so i missed bioware, i wasn't aware they showed anything, what was it?

10+ Year Old Account
    book gif? i accidentally slept through the start of the EA thing so i missed bioware, i wasn't aware they showed anything, what was it?
    no no, this was over a month ago. It didn't give any details. It was just a teaser to show they are working on something.

http://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-age...ing-something/

no no, this was over a month ago. It didn't give any details. It was just a teaser to show they are working on something.

http://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-age...ing-something/
    oh, that's good. i'm pretty sure that symbol is from the war table, if i remember correctly. been a while since i played inquisition, so i might be remembering wrong.

hopefully they tone down the armor and such a bit more... i'd love origins casting animations too.

but anyway, back to skyrim for me until the fallout dlc tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://massivelyop.com/2016/06/13/e3...long-way-away/

The launch day of The Elder Scrolls VI shall not be seen by you, or your children, or your children’s children. Not for a few years or so, at least. Bethesda’s Todd Howard spoke to Kotaku about the franchise at E3 and confirmed that while the company does have plans for the future of the franchise, it’s likely that players will hear about other projects before the next installment of the series is being announced to eager fans.

This may be partly about keeping players tuned into The Elder Scrolls Online, which was revealed to be doing quite well for itself; Skyrim is also receiving a remastered edition for consoles. It’s bittersweet news for players who wanted something completely new from the series, but it does mean that you needn’t worry about your online adventures in Tamriel being derailed by a new game any time soon.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

well, time to go into a medically induced coma for 15 years or so.

but seriously though... this kinda gives me hope. maybe they're going to make it about the war against the dominion, and they want it to look like a real war and just don't have the tech for it now.

So I have to have Skyrim with it's DLC or Legendary edition to get the revamp on PC? Because I only have the base game and think it'd be horseshit if that doesn't just count.

Divinity: Original Sin just gave you the enhanced version of the game so kinda hoping for the same thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So I have to have Skyrim with it's DLC or Legendary edition to get the revamp on PC? Because I only have the base game and think it'd be horseshit if that doesn't just count.

Divinity: Original Sin just gave you the enhanced version of the game so kinda hoping for the same thing here.
    Most mods require all dlc anyway, so most people own everything. Legendary edition will be for couple dollars on steam in a week, so it's not a big deal.