Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Guess Jaina's still a fem-varian then.

After the events of mists, with the trial of Garrosh, there was some inkling towards the idea that Jaina, after her change into being just a female version of her daddy dearest, that just maybe she was making a turn around.

Kalec ran up and held Jaina and went very still. Everyone was despairing, save for Anduin, who refused to stop trying to heal Jaina. Chi-Ji, now hovering above them, promptly stated that "The student remembers the lessons of my temple" and proceeded to heal Jaina and the other injured, giving them all the second chance that was intended for Garrosh. Jaina opened her eyes and looked happy. She also took Go'el's hand and squeezed it, effectively forgiving him. After the celestials explained that they would have allowed Garrosh to live so he could continue to learn and how he was not the only one that was on trial, they told them that they must now go back out into the world and do what they must. All heads then eventually turned to Go'el and he humbly spoke for them all, stating that they would find Garrosh.
    This started what might have felt like a reformation for her after the writers did a 'one more day' on her, and I even got thinking hey, maybe they might have her be something like the old jaina, but just more thick skinned, which would have been a good turn out. Even with her in WoD, she didn't seem hostile to the horde just unsure, which had me still think she'd get better.

But nooo, after reading this (Spoilers) seems like Jainas had another personality relapse.
    Jaina is present at the Broken Shore, fighting alongside King Varian Wrynn and Genn Greymane. In the aftermath of the battle she attends Varian's funeral, and is outraged that the Horde left the Alliance to die against the demons. Jaina pushes for a front against both the Legion and the Horde, arguing with Velen over it, and says that her mages will never work with the Horde again.[18]

When Khadgar asks the council of six to let Horde mages back into the Kirin Tor, Jaina refuses. The council holds it to a vote and she is defeated 4-2. Feeling betrayed, she teleports out of Dalaran, leaving the Kirin Tor in Khadgar's hands.
    Next thing we're gonna be seeing Jaina making a magical covern called "Sorceress Frequency", where other female mages talk about how they are oppressed, despite not being so.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2016-06-21 at 05:27 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion Jaina is obviously a Dreadlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Legion Jaina is obviously a Dreadlord.
    Might well be, the scale of the writing would lead to that.
    #boycottchina

Jaina seems to forget about WC3 when she ported out when her base fell.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I prefer her this way, although I guess ultimately I would prefer she just got depressed, locked herself in a tower somewhere and arcane blasted herself. She is basically just one wrong decision after another at this point, it would be some sort of justice for her betraying her father who fought tooth and nail to keep her and the rest of the planet safe from the Orcs and is confused why he wouldn't panda to them like she wanted. Look where it got her, the Orcs under Garrosh still carrying on their genocidal work. If Sylvanas is queen of the dead than Jaina is queen of the idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    She probably has bipolar disorder or something...After reading Warcrimes I thought Jaina saw the error in her ways. I mean, she practically led a genocide against the Blood Elves in Dalaran and yet in her eyes all the Horde are monsters. Forget the peaceful Tauren, and the Blood Elves who have struggled already under Garithos and then under Garrosh.

I'm happy that the rest of the Kirin Tor are not like Jaina. I used to like her. I still like the way they've developed her character a lot but man...If I knew her in person I'd just not want her around, even if I were an Alliance loyalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Jaina seems to forget about WC3 when she ported out when her base fell.
    Thats a good point really, she's never had a problem before with mass teleporting troops away to safety.

so either the legion has an arcane blocker on her, or she's so focused on being pissed off at the horde she lets her troops die (not unlike a certain other faction leader outside the gates of orgrimmar)
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so tired of Jaina's personality disorder symptoms, the sooner she is dead the better. Her character is completely and very badly butchered, beyond redemption.
    I'm not delusional to believe otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post

I'm happy that the rest of the Kirin Tor are not like Jaina. I used to like her. I still like the way they've developed her character a lot but man...If I knew her in person I'd just not want her around, even if I were an Alliance loyalist.
    Thats my take too. I was happy with the idea of her becoming more level headed again, but it seems that anything she can use against the horde, even those fighting to save themselves against an endless contingent of demons, she'll make it all about her.
    #boycottchina

Severely disappointed when I saw this. They took a good character and made her extremely simple. "I hate horde, despite it being one guy who is fucked up and despite the actual horde HELPING us kill him, all horde are bad."

Jaina would never be as stupid as this, they really messed up this character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, Golden is the one who wrote War Crimes, it's just published with Blizz's blessing. Seems to me that Golden wants to back her off, and the blizz writers just want her as an excuse for pvp.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    Severely disappointed when I saw this. They took a good character and made her extremely simple. "I hate horde, despite it being one guy who is fucked up and despite the actual horde HELPING us kill him, all horde are bad."

I mean it was a matter of time she snapped. That happens to a lot of people. What I don't like is that they made her more level headed in Warcrimes and even apologized to Thrall but all of a sudden she goes on a rampage against the Horde again.

My unqualified diagnosis as a physics major is that she has PTSD and bipolar disorder...but to an extreme sort. I don't think her anger and fury is "simple" when she saw her city destroyed and people slaughtered. She has always been the diplomat but sometimes people snap. I've seen extremely nice people go over the edge with rage when they were pushed to their breaking point.

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post

Lol, the Orcs are bad. At their very heart they are, they accepted power from a demon willingly twice. Tauren are idiots who like savage/"honourable" mates, Elves needed a friend and didn't trust Stormwind because of a Lordaeron general (they call Garithos racist but the Elves didn't join the Alliance which is a completely different set of humans because of something some other human did and instead joined the Orcs and trolls who they had been at war with) and the undead should be purged, abominations created by the burning legion.

Horde is basically a group of misfits that would never work purely based upon ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    I mean it was a matter of time she snapped. That happens to a lot of people. What I don't like is that they made her more level headed in Warcrimes and even apologized to Thrall but all of a sudden she goes on a rampage against the Horde again.

My unqualified diagnosis as a physics major is that she has PTSD and bipolar disorder...but to an extreme sort. I don't think her anger and fury is "simple" when she saw her city destroyed and people slaughtered. She has always been the diplomat but sometimes people snap. I've seen extremely nice people go over the edge with rage when they were pushed to their breaking point.
    Jaina is smarter than that, she would know where her rage should be directed, and that's not the horde. Especially when the burning legion just invaded the place and now controls the tomb of sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Technically the majority Jaina's umbrage is at allowing the Sunreavers back into Dalaran, although she still holds the Horde as responsible for both the events leading up to the Purge of Dalaran as well as for Theramore's destruction. Perhaps the Horde's "betrayal" at the Broken Shore has returned her to her warmongering ways, I can't really say. Things between her and Kalec must be strained as well, since he votes to re-admit the Horde back into Dalaran and allows Aethas to resume his place as their leader (which I assume also means Aethas rejoining the Kirin Tor).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Lol, the Orcs are bad. At their very heart they are, they accepted power from a demon willingly twice. Tauren are idiots who like savage/"honourable" mates, Elves needed a friend and didn't trust Stormwind because of a Lordaeron general (they call Garithos racist but the Elves didn't join the Alliance which is a completely different set of humans because of something some other human did and instead joined the Orcs and trolls who they had been at war with) and the undead should be purged, abominations created by the burning legion.

Horde is basically a group of misfits that would never work purely based upon ideals.
    Years ago I'd argue with what you just said. but honestly, after all this time, hasn't it just worn out the fact that same argument is still being made. Maybe in 2008 it might have been, but in 2016 its kind of a long dead subject to just call one race or one faction 'pure evil', unless your wanting to sound like donald trump.

The real truth is the writing is just disconnected and it makes characters fragmented, as Warcrafting said, Golden wrote Jaina as starting to mature again, but the blizzard writers just backtracked and didn't bother to read warcrimes, so said character is just whatever personality flavor of the month they want her to be. Thats not a character, thats a vending machine.
    #boycottchina

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you, it was disgraceful what they did to her. War Crimes had given her a satisfying and natural conclusion to her "evil" arch but that is no longer the case. Unfortunately, I feel that Blizzard decided that they wanted Khadgar to be the leader of the Kirin Tor and to take her role as the iconic mage of the series. That meant she either had to be conveniently ignored or humiliated for no reason. They chose the second.

Still, I hope they fix her while there is still time. I always liked her character truly.

PS: I cringed when I read once more that everyone turned towards Green Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post

Yes let's lump everyone in the same category. Let's forget that the initial Horde only followed Gul'dan because he seemed to be the only option at a better life. To them, what they did was not evil. It was a means to save their people, their friends, their families, their children. Let's also forget Thrall, the noble orc who tried to make peace with the Alliance so many times over but people like Varian just have an innate disgust towards them (for good reason but still, that's old blood). Tauren are not idiots. And they're more peaceful than the humans are. The Blood Elves had reasons to mistrust the humans. The High Elves joined the Alliance of Lordaeron during the Second and Third wars. Do we forget the Elven priests and sorcerers that aided the humans and the dwarves? Garithos was a major power in in the Alliance. Him treating the elves like dirt was practically like the entire Alliance treating the elves like dirt when all the elves wanted to do was aid the humans. These were a people who had just lost everything. The Forsaken are not abominations just because they are undead and their minds are of their own. Some betrayed the Horde during the Wrath Gate incident but not all of them. Heck, Sylvanas led an assault against her own people to try to undo the horrors they had done and many Frosaken were with her on that.

The Horde is a great group because that's what they are, outcasts and misfits who found a home amongst each other when no one else would have them.

Many of the Forsaken wanted to go back to the Alliance but they were rejected because of what they were rather than who they were. Many of the would have fought and died for the Alliance all over again but prejudice, such as your own, prevented them from doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not turn this into another "HORDE ARE EVIL, NO THEY'RE NOT, YES THEY ARE, NO THEY'RE NOT" thread please, that shit ends up nowhere.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I really like Jaina as a character, but at this point all I see for her is either becoming the typical manic raid boss, because she tries to vaporize OG on her own or something, OR she gets a magical totally irreversable amnesia (after an explosion, an almost-lethall wound etc.) and is rebooted as a good character.