10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well... Who do we know that's old, fat, has a large beard and likes hats?
    My grandpa? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I heard a pretty cool theory:

Basically, all the events of GoT are actually in the past. This whole show is inside the mind of a maester as he writes the history of the war of the five kings in a big volume to catalogue it for posterity.

That maester's name? Sam!

The final ever scene of GoT will be the camera panning back as he writes the final line.

And who will be playing the older version of Sam, for the final scene? Well... Who do we know that's old, fat, has a large beard and likes hats?
    Pretty much the worst theory I've ever read.

Up there with Rhaego the time travelling fetus.

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Pretty much the worst theory I've ever read.

Up there with Rhaego the time travelling fetus.
    so bittersweet?

I see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    so bittersweet?

I see it happening.
    Don't think it's the bittersweet GRRM had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    The literal sense of what the witch said is never. It is 3 separate descriptions of "Never going to happen". The witch was pissed at the world, was insulted that Dany rode in thinking she was saving her (in the book the witch says she was already beaten and raped multiple times before Dany showed up), and was hammering home the point that she will never have children. Saying 'the seas' could represent a Greyjoy doesn't make sense - This isn't a prophecy of who is going to impregnate her. It isn't a prophecy at all. It is an angry old woman telling Dany that the blood magic that was used to restore "life" to Khal Drogo did so by robbing Dany of the ability to create life herself. That was why the witch told Dany to stay the hell out of the tent during the ritual in both the books and the TV show.

That is my interpretation anyway.
    Blood magic cuts both ways though, often. The witch may have been saying out of spite, and simply by saying it altered Dany's destiny, which may be to be with Drogo/bear a child again. CF Melisandre birthing a shadow to kill Renly even though she serves the Lord of Light. CF her using leeches to "kill" the 3 false kings, even though none of their deaths can be attributed to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Beside Cersei who would really be next in line for the throne?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Gendry, the last Baratheon
    But really, if it wasn't for Cersei or maybe Jaime, no one would really be trained enough to rule over the whole kingdoms. Cersei is really only qualified because she was the Queen, and then she was the mother Queenx2. Other than that only the Targs and the conquering rebellion family were the leaders. But they're all wiped out.

I think if it wasn't for Cersei right now the 7 Kingdoms would just disperse into being individual cities again.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    That quote always came across to me as "When pigs fly" I.E. the witch was saying you will never be able to have children again. Seas going dry and mountains blowing in the wind like leaves speaks to a massive amount of time going by - tens of thousands of years. I don't think Dany is going to be that long-lived. When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east is basically saying when up becomes down and down become up - when everything in the world gets reversed, then too will your barren womb.

Pigs fly in this show, you know that high pitch sound for Dragons? that is pig sound, it was tolerable when they were dragon babies but now? nope it became joke in my family when we hear them "here comes flying pigs to save the day"

That theory that Sam is writing these events is pretty fun Funner if Sam is actually G.R.R.M.

Best season finale I've seen in GoT so far. The piano music was touching af...

Deleted
    Season 7 predictions

Me, I'd die n go to heaven if Lady Olenna met Lady Bear

Lady Bear makes me think of the little girl in true grit, so I figure doesn't matter that Lady Bear puts on a year for season 7

Lol she looks him up when he's in the shitter... 8:48
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-06-28 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Don't think it's the bittersweet GRRM had in mind.

I don't think half the things in the show GRRM had in mind.

I declare the last scene will be him sitting in his library and typing on his 1874 typewriter and he will say "my nick name is Sam".

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    And I know that Arya has said she's "not no one," yet she has all the powers of "no one," IE the Faceless Men. Which, again, doesn't make sense. This is based on the previous scene where Jaqen let her go which....also doesn't make sense.
    I am a bit confused and maybe I am just misunderstanding you but are you claiming that even though she has already used another face in order to murder someone on her list in the past that now that power/gift/ability/whatever you want to call it should have been revoked because she chose to retain her identity? She should not have access to the a ability she was trained to use because she never fully committed to become a member of the FM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    So people in the kitchen would've noticed, but the people in the dining hall didn't? It's fine for complete strangers to come in and serve the Freys, but not to use the kitchen? And baking in another kitchen doesn't necessarily make the endeavor any simpler.

Anyway you twist and turn it, it's a pretty incredible feat that Arya seems to pull off without a hitch.
    The Freys would think she came with the Lannisters, the Lannisters would think she's a Frey servant.

As for the cooking, I admit it's hard to imagine how she did it. Maybe she brought the meat already carved and cut to the kitchen and cooked it there. Or the cooks did it. I mean, once it is sliced and diced, I suppose human flesh could pass for beef or pork meat. Especially in a rather dim lit kitchen. There wasn't much windows or light in kitchens in those days.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Wow, what if Jon Snow loses his mind because of his messed up DNA? Throws Sansa off the tower or something? Is he the mad kings son?
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-06-28 at 09:40 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wow, what if Jon Snow loses his mind because of his messed up DNA? Throws Sansa off the tower or something? Is he the mad kings son?
    Grandson, I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well they did say that when a new Targ is born, the gods flip a coin to decide on either genius or madness, so he could have got a good flip.

There's also the fact that he looks a lot more like a Stark than a Targ, so presumably the Stark genes are the dominant ones, with the Targ ones being recessive.

Which doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as how pretty much anyone whose half Targ comes out with silver hair and purple eyes, but meh, its the Show.

And he is the Mad Kings grandson.

Rhaegar was Aerys son, along with Viserys and Daenerys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    IIRC, that lover was David Tennant's Doctor.

On a more serious note: if Jon is being open about being killed and resurrected thus relieving him of his vow (and I agree, it certainly ends his Watch), why isn't this kind of a bigger deal? If someone came back from the dead, you'd think he'd almost become like a sword-wielding prophet. Maybe even the head of like, IDK, a brotherhood. This time with banners.

Dany's marriage options: Jon, Euron, Jaime, LF, Sweetrobin. Personally, I think she should destroy the Freys, marry Edmure after killing his wife, King David-style, and consolidate the middle of Westeros. Sweetrobin doesn't make sense, the Vale already follows Jon. Jaime doesn't make sense, the Lannisters will have no power soon, and I honestly think Jaime has only ever loved one woman, Cersei (and maybe soon Brienne?) Euron is likely to be an enemy, and she gains nothing from it if she already has Yara, and in fact ruins that relationship if she marries Euron. Marrying LF would be a hilariously bad idea on her part, because all his power is through Sweetrobin - though I guess he's still the Lord of Harrenhal? Jon is the only marriage that makes sense of that list, but I don't think it'd go down well.
    With Tommen disappears the last Baratheon. Who is the Lord of the Stormlands? Will he support Queen Cersei? How much will the other lords of that region support her? If there is a faction against the Lannisters, there is bound to be a leader. It's that leader that she should marry. Or his son, if he's already married. When she lands, she will most likely already have the alliegence of Dorne and the Reach. The marriage I propose would give her the Stormlands. She would control all the South and would be at KL's doorstep.

Storywise, it would make sense. Daenerys is the main character. She needs to shine. Having her wed a character of less importance would allow that. Plus, we haven't seen the Stormlands a lot in the show.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    The stormland armies were shattered at Blackwater bay and in front of Winterfell, anyone can roll over their lands now methinks.
    The North is in a similar situation, they can brings scraps together to feel some unity, but they are dependent on others to defend their lands. Without the Vale, the North is screwed.
    The North n the Stormlands have ceased to be influential, at least the North has Moat Cailin to hide behind, the Stormlands has nothing I think, they'll declare for whomever has a force that is nearby, but they'll probably try no to commit to anyone.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-06-28 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post
    I am a bit confused and maybe I am just misunderstanding you but are you claiming that even though she has already used another face in order to murder someone on her list in the past that now that power/gift/ability/whatever you want to call it should have been revoked because she chose to retain her identity? She should not have access to the a ability she was trained to use because she never fully committed to become a member of the FM?
    I mean, the previous example she was actually in training as one of the Faceless Men, on a mission, which, btw, she eschewed to kill Meryn Trant.

And yes, usually if you choose to revoke membership in an organization, you lose the rights and privileges of that organization. That is precisely my argument. Why would the FM, an organization known for killing only who they're contracted to kill, with complete discretion and non-observance (CF Jaqen giving Arya her first two kills in Harrenhal), allow her to keep her powers? That aside, there seems to be an implication that the faces you use come from the Hall of Faces, and you have to have access to it to get the disguise. Even if that access need only be figurative and through membership, why would Arya have access to it?

Unless you're suggesting she actually peeled the face off some girl and was wearing it like in Silence of the Lambs? The action always seemed more magical than that to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    With Tommen disappears the last Baratheon. Who is the Lord of the Stormlands? Will he support Queen Cersei? How much will the other lords of that region support her? If there is a faction against the Lannisters, there is bound to be a leader. It's that leader that she should marry. Or his son, if he's already married. When she lands, she will most likely already have the alliegence of Dorne and the Reach. The marriage I propose would give her the Stormlands. She would control all the South and would be at KL's doorstep.

Storywise, it would make sense. Daenerys is the main character. She needs to shine. Having her wed a character of less importance would allow that. Plus, we haven't seen the Stormlands a lot in the show.
    A match with a Baratheon would make good sense just to consolidate power, true. But she's all crazy about Robert the Usurper, so I doubt it would happen. And if some lesser Lord (there's only a handful of Storm Lands houses since the House was basically just created out of nothing) took Storm's End, I don't think Dany would think much of that marriage as it kind of signifies nothing.

Deleted
    Jon will totally marry Daenerys.

Incest is the Targaryen way after all. At least she's only his aunt.

Dany said it herself, marrying someone would make things way easier. And who's the King in the North ? That's right.

Now Brann needs to stfu of course.

Deleted
    But incest = mad king = end of 1st Targaryen dynasty. Might want to marry a non-Targaryen..

Too bad Arya killed Walder Frey..