Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    Works perfect, thank you. I tweaked the nameplates too just for fun. Might as well show my latest UI while I'm at it. Please excuse my archaeology addon randomly showing. http://imgur.com/a/YD1xw
    Is the UI something available somewhere, or going to be.
    A search for the archaeology addon (the only one with a name) failed to turn up anything.
    Some parts of it are looking interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Is the UI something available somewhere, or going to be.
    A search for the archaeology addon (the only one with a name) failed to turn up anything.
    Some parts of it are looking interesting.
    The UI is mostly just ElvUI and WeakAuras. I might upload it sometime tomorrow if you'd like to mess around with it.

The archaeology addon is just my fan update of stArchaeologist by Safturento. I also use his old stAddonManager, but that still hasn't needed any updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    The UI is mostly just ElvUI and WeakAuras. I might upload it sometime tomorrow if you'd like to mess around with it.

The archaeology addon is just my fan update of stArchaeologist by Safturento. I also use his old stAddonManager, but that still hasn't needed any updating.
    I have so far avoided using ElvUI etc, but given the uncertain status of a lot of stuff I am currently using, then it might be a good time to try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    All these UI's .. its stirring up inside me! So i tried an UI i re-created for fun.. And to my surprise it worked like a charm, no tweaking needed :O
    PS!: I take 0 credit.

Everything:

Low health:

What border texture are you using? I have Butger's GW2 UI and have been pulling elelments from it, but can't seem to find a proper border file that I can use with kgPanels.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vxt View Post
    What border texture are you using? I have Butger's GW2 UI and have been pulling elelments from it, but can't seem to find a proper border file that I can use with kgPanels.
    VXT, I don't really know what mikkis is using but when I tried to remake his ui I used the textures from http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ars2.html#info in the aTextures folder is castBorder.tga or something like that. There is also a Masque skin in the addon folder if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    yeah i switched the font to an old favourite

swing at a party + loot frame + tooltip

What sort of purpose is a chat box slap bang in the middle of the screen supposed to serve? This is single handedly the least functional user interface I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    What sort of purpose is a chat box slap bang in the middle of the screen supposed to serve?
    It's so you can pay more attention to trade.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    If you only use it for the clock and location, load something like (cough cough) LynStats and modify the Location in it instead of FPS/MS.

--
    also showing some progress here: buff positions
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...116_194157.jpg
    This UI is gorgeous and can't wait to use it! Will be the first time I've moved away from Elv/Benik in a long time.

TONS of inspiration looking through here. Decided I'd give my ui a shot. Here is my heavily modified Elvui

Out of Combat

In Combat

Still a work in progress for me. Open to suggestions

What sort of purpose is a chat box slap bang in the middle of the screen supposed to serve? This is single handedly the least functional user interface I've ever seen.
    large quantities of information that get flashed up on the screen or given priority space are now rerouted through to just the chat frame for one thing. quest objective progress, raid warnings etc.

anyway ill take that as compliment, rather this than another picture of elvui

Quote Originally Posted by Xylr View Post
    TONS of inspiration looking through here. Decided I'd give my ui a shot. Here is my heavily modified Elvui

Out of Combat

In Combat

Is your minimap hidden in combat? I've sometimes got use out of it in boss fights, that mythic Highmaul fight where I had to quickly see where a certain marked player was and get to him instantly springs to mind. Obvs perfectly do-able without the minimap but, I just like to see it i guess. Other than that tiny thing, Looks like you're not tracking trinket procs and their cooldown anywhere, personally I would have had SnD+RS placed together leaving a bit more available space to put trinket bars in.

- - - Updated - - -

large quantities of information that get flashed up on the screen or given priority space are now rerouted through to just the chat frame for one thing. quest objective progress, raid warnings etc.

There's a reason ElvUI is popular - it's fully customizable and functional out of the box. Ofc if one were to do nothing with it it looks ugly and generic. But the UI is first and foremost supposed to work and improve performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    One possible purpose is to make it more convenient to talk to friends while doing casual questing, like in that screenshot. Every UI isn't meant to be used exclusively for serious raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Just a quick question, is it custom code that is being added to elvui to add the class color top borders above the chat frames, player/target frames, etc? Like this one:
    All I know is that it's an option from BenikUI called 'dashboards' I believe. I think it might be custom code, but I'm not sure. Sorry if this wasn't much help.

Deleted
    just getting back into it. still need dozens of trackers and need to tweak the buttonskin to get it right where i want it

http://abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_070316_136gu6q.jpg

i'm having a problem though. i don't like the big actionbars at the bottom, but they work really well for me. for everything that i really cba putting into weakauras and shit i can just glance down and see 'oh, spell reflect is still off for 13 odd seconds'. functionally it works wonders, but aesthetically it bothers me. does anyone have a suggestion or a tip? i'm all eyes. thanks a bunch, you.

Deleted

I agree that this is much preferred to all the nonsense that many center, although written information is not the pinnacle of data transfer personally I just mute all raid warnings and DBM clutter, rerouting it to the chat is a good idea.

If you could provide your intent with the UI it would be easier to critic it. But coming from the end raiding scene I think it is highly functional, except of how you have positioned your buffs (and debuffs?) and I miss some indication of (important) available abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylr View Post
    I think you have far too many duplications all over the place. For example your 'S&D', 'Revealing Strike' and 'MfD' are shown at two-, three- and three places, with names, icons, timers. And ultimately 'revealing strike' isn't particularly important, yet you keep it in the center of the screen with three duplications. Same goes with 'slice and dice', all you need is a big ass icon telling you if it isn't active.

Quote Originally Posted by Vxt View Post
    You could just download the ui if you want :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/709yeh4e8m...%20UI.rar?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by mikkelsen View Post
    If you could provide your intent with the UI it would be easier to critic it. But coming from the end raiding scene I think it is highly functional, except of how you have positioned your buffs (and debuffs?) and I miss some indication of (important) available abilities.
    ya yr second point is something I've noticed on a new character with skills I'm unfamiliar with, I've actually introduced a toggle for him where the collapsable action bar pops up in combat and hides again afterward which works quite nicely in tandem with the player nameplate.

this is very much a casual experimentation though, I'm designing it whilst dicking about doing quests with Lyn on the beta. i did actually move chat down a bit recently! it occasionally overlapped the nameplate on more erratic movements of the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    just getting back into it. still need dozens of trackers and need to tweak the buttonskin to get it right where i want it

i'm having a problem though. i don't like the big actionbars at the bottom, but they work really well for me. for everything that i really cba putting into weakauras and shit i can just glance down and see 'oh, spell reflect is still off for 13 odd seconds'. functionally it works wonders, but aesthetically it bothers me. does anyone have a suggestion or a tip? i'm all eyes. thanks a bunch, you.
    i like this, though the soft stylised sans-serif and square angled pixel fonts seem slightly at odds with each other.

no easy answer to the action bars, you could try scaling them them down so the overall bar width mirrors that of the castbar and unitframe, or attempt to embed them as a block under another element like the chat or the minimap.
    Last edited by modernist; 2016-07-03 at 01:25 PM.

What font are you using on chat, tooltip and questlog?
    oh, honey.

What I would do (and intend to do in Legion) is use a bar mod that will allow you to hide your action bars, keybind everything you want, then hide them. Then create a HUD like this and type in your keybinds as static text displays - get your wa's/cds/priorities and keybinds all in one:

Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    What I would do (and intend to do in Legion) is use a bar mod that will allow you to hide your action bars, keybind everything you want, then hide them. Then create a HUD like this and type in your keybinds as static text displays - get your wa's/cds/priorities and keybinds all in one:

Been doing this for a long time. BEHOLD!

Out of combat

In Combat

Bars visible just for you

Protip: google bartender bar toggler, toggles all the bars you have enabled visible/invisible with one keybind.