Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    relying on an animation cancel to keep up on your rotation is clunky and stupid, blizz need to make changes to stop that.

why on earth would you be happy having to constantly bug out an animation(because that is what you are doing where you want to admit it or not) , to be able to properly maintain the arguably best dps spec rotation for havoc right now.

change fel rush, or VR , or how momentum procs. finding other ways to animation cancel is not the answer that should be used for a solution.
    I'm not a fan of animation cancelling, but when I found it I figured it would be best to bring it up so it can be fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otora View Post
    I'm not a fan of animation cancelling, but when I found it I figured it would be best to bring it up so it can be fixed.
    its good that you did, thanks for that.

Deleted
    its good that you did, thanks for that.
    It's smart of them bringing it up here aswell, so more who uses the "bug" animation cancelling, the faster they will fix it So I'm glad theres people out there trying to find a way to bug it out and post it on the forums, so everyone uses it and eventually it will get fixed, I hope atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Otora View Post
    It works best if you aren't moving but if you hit space three times quickly so that you glide and then FR the second your wings come out it will cancel it.
    The above mentioned macro works well, just jump hit macro done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    It's smart of them bringing it up here aswell, so more who uses the "bug" animation cancelling, the faster they will fix it So I'm glad theres people out there trying to find a way to bug it out and post it on the forums, so everyone uses it and eventually it will get fixed, I hope atleast
    The problem with it will be that positioning will be very sketchy when you need to perform a full distance FR to proc momentum. On large bosses not so bad, but say a dragon style fight where you need to stand on the side, FR forwards and you lose time on target, FR sideways and you get into tail swipe/cleave range. If the animation cancel is removed, they'll need to change the distance perhaps, or forever have people complaining.

Got beta today and I need to say that DH is a great class.
    What build are you guys using?
    I'm using Fel Mastery > Prepared > Felblade > Soul Rending > Momentum > Unleashed Power > Demonic
    I find this build a lot better than the others and it's fun to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Also spectral sight doesn't seem to be working for me, is it bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    The above mentioned macro works well, just jump hit macro done.
    What would the macro be?
    /cast Glide
    /VR

It's funny how we went from gliding before VR to cancel and now we're gliding before.

Viability aside, if I were to choose the talents I would have a lot of fun playing with, it would be this. http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#EVXx

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    What would the macro be?
    /cast Glide
    /VR

It's funny how we went from gliding before VR to cancel and now we're gliding before.
    no its for Fel Rush cancel not VR

/cast glide
    /cast fel rush

relying on an animation cancel to keep up on your rotation is clunky and stupid, blizz need to make changes to stop that.

why on earth would you be happy having to constantly bug out an animation(because that is what you are doing where you want to admit it or not) , to be able to properly maintain the arguably best dps spec rotation for havoc right now.

change fel rush, or VR , or how momentum procs. finding other ways to animation cancel is not the answer that should be used for a solution.
    Cancelling fel rush is the complete opposite of "clunky", using it for a 4 second buff where you have to then reposition and walk back to the mob you just fel rush'd through is clunky. Animation cancelling was good, it'll be a glyph eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    no its for Fel Rush cancel not VR

/cast glide
    /cast fel rush
    That's even goofier, but explains how I suddenly drop sometimes if I hit FR and Glide too quickly...

I guess Spectral Sight is bugged then.

- - - Updated - - -

Also is it because the realms are US and I'm from EU or is the attack speed on DH slower than it was in alpha / early beta videos?

"Animation cancelling was good."

Dear god, where did we go wrong...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    It's literally an exploit lol

And because everyone thinks they will be able to cancel forever everyone is giving feedback about how great momentum is,

As a result DH is going to have literally THE most clunky pain in the ass dps rotation out of any spec in the game for their top dps.
    I don't cancel and like momentum.

Would you like to rethink your stance?

I don't have beta, but using Momentum as designed, without cancelling, is the single biggest thing I'm looking forward to in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeski View Post
    Cancelling fel rush is the complete opposite of "clunky", using it for a 4 second buff where you have to then reposition and walk back to the mob you just fel rush'd through is clunky. Animation cancelling was good, it'll be a glyph eventually.
    Sorry but hitting a button every 10sec and gaining 20% extra damage for 4sec is possibly the most opposite from "engaging gameplay" as it can get with an active ability and certainly not the design intent for the rotation.

It's also pretty clear the design intent is for the gameplay to have a "price" for the 20% buff which is positioning and timing required to maximize your FR/VR CDs along with FelB procs to maintain a high uptime on target along with high uptime of the buff.

I like that. I'm looking forward for the challenge and being able to maximize every bit of the gameplay that I can and I'm sure many others do as well.

Sincerely, as much as I like Momentum style, I wish they made another build (FE or even a new glaives one) the top dps one, so that min-maxers and progression would gravitated towards that one while Heroic/for fun peeps would not care doing stupid anim cancel to play Momentum.

I believe this is an already lost battle by Blizz. Movement skills in WoW are a whole different beast from the rest and we already have proof of how hard it is for them to fix them (Charge and Blink anyone?!) so I basically believe unless they change how the buff is applied or functions it'll never get rid of cancelling. The problem with that is that changing that will also impact on how Momentum gameplay feels, which in the end might be more harm than good.
    Drawing skills? What drawing skills?!

My Deviantart

Anyone have any idea what the % chance on demonic appetite is? Also is the Chaos cleaved Chaos strike still having a chance to proc one?

Also, what are we looking at so far as the optimal artifact trait path? Mainly for the first 18-19 points before raids hit. Figuring balanced blades, critical chaos, and unleashed demons as a given for raids but unsure where to aim for after.
    Last edited by dark666105; 2016-07-07 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    It's literally an exploit lol

And because everyone thinks they will be able to cancel forever everyone is giving feedback about how great momentum is,

As a result DH is going to have literally THE most clunky pain in the ass dps rotation out of any spec in the game for their top dps.
    The sooner people stop using "clunky" as a buzzword, the better. Most annoying shit since "scaling".

Momentum is fine, it's a completely different playstyle to any else currently available so of course it's going to take getting use to. But if you think it's the only way to be viable in raiding then you're sorely mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Anyone have any idea what the % chance on demonic appetite is? Also is the Chaos cleaved Chaos strike still having a chance to proc one?

Also, what are we looking at so far as the optimal artifact trait path? Mainly for the first 18-19 points before raids hit. Figuring balanced blades, critical chaos, and unleashed demons as a given for raids but unsure where to aim for after.
    Pretty sure it works on a RPPM system, 3RPPM if i remember correctly?

I've gone pretty much straight to the right, towards ROTI, and cycling back to the left past Anguish. Wanted the meta CD reduction asap.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post

Its very RNG, but without testing(not home atm) I can give you a ball park estimate of like 10+ orbs a min? Really depends if you have Chaos Cleave or using meta form.

As for the artifact weapon, every soul fragment(lesser included) procs "Feasts on the Souls" which results in more meta form uptime/more dmg overall.
    This is the path I'll be going come release: http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...BJAIAAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Its very RNG, but without testing(not home atm) I can give you a ball park estimate of like 10+ orbs a min? Really depends if you have Chaos Cleave or using meta form.

As for the artifact weapon, every soul fragment(lesser included) procs "Feasts on the Souls" which results in more meta form uptime/more dmg overall.
    This is the path I'll be going come release: http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...BJAIAAAAAAAAAA
    Lesser fragments havent affected feast on the soul for quite some time now, for obvious OP reasons.

Animation cancelling is terrible and there's no way it's going to be a glyph. The very concept would fly in the face of the entire point of the momentum spec. It might as well just be a button click to get 20% damage boost for 4s if there was no movement from the movement spec. I honestly think they should just rework the talent completely because the idea of having a melee sprint/jump out of melee range is pretty foolish.