Page 4 of 228 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Damn, didn't know that it stops the rate of drain, thanks!

Does Void Torrent do the same?
    Last edited by Ysgarthiad; 2016-07-20 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysgarthiad View Post
    Damn, didn't know that it stops the rate of drain, thanks!

Does Void Torrent do the same?
    yes it should because that's the same mechanic

Homophobia is so gay.

Sorry I know this is very general and not for the priest specifically! But can we choose STM in a mythic, then swap to LotV after the boss? Or do we need to wait for STM to come off cooldown to change?

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    Sorry I know this is very general and not for the priest specifically! But can we choose STM in a mythic, then swap to LotV after the boss? Or do we need to wait for STM to come off cooldown to change?
    Well you can't swap outside of a rest area or the scribe item, but like any spell with a CD you'll have to wait for StM to come off CD. It should reset on a boss death/wipe though.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post

There's been some math done that you actually want to wait until 85 Insanity with LotV to pop Void Eruption. I'm not sure on the specifics as simcraft isn't entirely working for me with the beta branch. Simmed me at 25k dps even though I was pulling 110k xD
    Okay but is the Insanity build rotation that I presented a good one?

Dont want to start off learning Shadow by drilling in wrongs things.

Well you can't swap outside of a rest area or the scribe item, but like any spell with a CD you'll have to wait for StM to come off CD. It should reset on a boss death/wipe though.
    Cool thank you, not had time to get back from work and test it sorry! Are the scribe items in the game yet or are they legion only?

Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post
    Okay but is the Insanity build rotation that I presented a good one?

Dont want to start off learning Shadow by drilling in wrongs things.
    Yeah it seems fine. I do the same thing from opener then after that it's basically cast stuff as per the priority in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    Cool thank you, not had time to get back from work and test it sorry! Are the scribe items in the game yet or are they legion only?
    I'm fairly certain they're in game, not sure where to get the recipe though.

Having lots of fun testing shadow atm. Did a mythic raid with no surrender to madness (didn't want to risk it with the lag issues our server was having) and was competitive if not top dps on the lower floor of mythic.

Doing some lfr testing of surrender to madness, I'm actually doing more damage than before the prepatch if I time it right...

Also got myself a 740 Chipped Soul Prism which is similar to Iron Reaver Piston, except it has like 80% more stats LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    Having lots of fun testing shadow atm. Did a mythic raid with no surrender to madness (didn't want to risk it with the lag issues our server was having) and was competitive if not top dps on the lower floor of mythic.

Doing some lfr testing of surrender to madness, I'm actually doing more damage than before the prepatch if I time it right...

Also got myself a 740 Chipped Soul Prism which is similar to Iron Reaver Piston, except it has like 80% more stats LOL.
    grats on the trinket

Homophobia is so gay.

Using Dispersion on start of VF should only be done with StM because you do a hell lot more damage with those 5 extra stacks.
    Casting dispersion multitarget should only be considered if you actually get higher than ~35 stacks otherwise all my sims (especially singletarget and with void ray/RoW for prepatch) lose like 10% dps.

I'm fairly certain they're in game, not sure where to get the recipe though.
    The Quartermaster in your Garrison sells the recipe for 20 pigments. It only makes the single ones, the codex thats for the raid is most likely a world drop.
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

At Light's Hope Chapel, the quartermaster there sells a priest toy that gives you 5 minutes of the Glyph of Shadow Ravens effect on a ten minute CD (or some generic holy shit if you're not shadow). Rejoice, if you're a fan of low resolution ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    At Light's Hope Chapel, the quartermaster there sells a priest toy that gives you 5 minutes of the Glyph of Shadow Ravens effect on a ten minute CD (or some generic holy shit if you're not shadow). Rejoice, if you're a fan of low resolution ravens.
    It's still something I'd rather have it last for until cancelled imo. But that's quite nice.

I still hate Void Eruption.

- - - Updated - - -

Mmh. A quick question. Before they introduced Void Eruption and before the insanity nerfs, you were able to dot everyone up before VF and then pop VF and do the whole rotation while keeping the dots up on 3 targets. (and without the dots falling off iirc)

Are we still doing that now ? my framerates are dropping really low for some reason since the patch(everything was fine on beta and ptr) so I don't really get to test properly.

Homophobia is so gay.

If you have NPC scan on, turn it off. It's been doing a lot of weird things.
    And before the duration nerfs yes 3 targets was easy, now. Not so much.

With legacy of the void, popping into shadow form at 70 vs 100, will that cause your shadow form to be shorter as well? Since you're going into it with 30 fewer insanity?

Good god this is going to be interesting. I haven't legitimately DPS'ed since wrath, but Im now going to be required to maintain a viable DPS OS... Pretty sure I'll be referencing this guide regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentira View Post
    With legacy of the void, popping into shadow form at 70 vs 100, will that cause your shadow form to be shorter as well? Since you're going into it with 30 fewer insanity?
    Not really. Popping it at 100 Insanity you waste some insanity going in anyways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mind Flay clipping... y/n?

I do it while in Voidform without even thinking about it 'cause I gotta get those Voidbolts and Mind Blasts in, but outside of Voidform, it feels kind of weird to get 2 full Mind Flay casts and then interrupt the third because something came off cd. I have a vague recollection of *some* version of Shadow (back in the day, when you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow...) having clipped Mind Flays being a dps loss. I just want to verify that cutting off the casting is the right way to go.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
    Mind Flay clipping... y/n?

I do it while in Voidform without even thinking about it 'cause I gotta get those Voidbolts and Mind Blasts in, but outside of Voidform, it feels kind of weird to get 2 full Mind Flay casts and then interrupt the third because something came off cd. I have a vague recollection of *some* version of Shadow (back in the day, when you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow...) having clipped Mind Flays being a dps loss. I just want to verify that cutting off the casting is the right way to go.
    With insainity generation being as important as it is im pretty sure clipping flay is ok. Mind Flay is still lowest priority I believe.

Yes you want to cutoff casting. It's not about damage when out of voidform since you hit like a wet noodle, instead your focus is on the highest Insanity Per Second (IPS) possible. Once you're back in voidform you still clip for Void Bolt and Mindblast.

I've did a couple more bosses in another pug as shadow today. I was averaging around 35 stacks without popping StM and 80+ with StM. Boss usually died before I got to that point. Please don't make the same mistake I did and forget you can cast while moving with StM up. Then likewise don't make the mistake of forgetting you can't actually cast and move all the time once you get use to it.

Also for me personally I'm noticing my wrist starting to hurt from the constant pressing of buttongs around 60+ stacks. That's when essentially everything gets super hectic.

On another note, latency is a huge drag, had a small lag spike and died, not very fun.

In a single target situation, do I pop Mindbender on pull or wait till I get in to Void Form and only then pop it up?

As you said, when not in VF we hit like a wet noodle. Seems logical to save it up for VF.