Thread: Post Your UI

My current UI:

Not much to look at, but I am in game. With a subscription and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Apparently emojis break this forum a bit sometimes, but pretend there's a kissy face here.
    :]

I'm actually using a traditional stationary player frame, part because I thought the resource display moved around a bit much and part because I didn't want to bother setting up the anchoring.

I did some of that tweaking I mentioned:

yeah I'm having a nightmare managing that anchoring — the minimap is being a pain about being reparented in combat. bloody secure frames

anyway i've been having fun putting together a vertically orientated layout as inspired by yours. it solves a lot of latent problems id had with occasional overlaps or information conflicts

i need a better hexagon .tga for my minimap

~

e: actually switched it up to be much simpler, let the overwatch influence show through a little more

Last edited by modernist; 2016-08-02 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    My current UI:

Time to get crackin' on updating your UI! ;p
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzsx View Post
    On Your Damage Meters is that a bar texture that gives that underline look? I feel like this is the last thing I need to perfect my UI and I can't figure it out!
    Not sure if this was answered, but i'm fairly sure that on ElvUI, there is an addon called Addon Skins, which has an option to make Skada/Recount/DBM/BigWig etc's bars styled like this. It's called Half Bar Skin IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    :]

What a Cute Minimap *-*
    btw. the video is flagged as private
    Last edited by HealTree; 2016-08-02 at 12:04 PM.

e: actually switched it up to be much simpler, let the overwatch influence show through a little more

No...stop...I just need to finish my UI, stop giving me ideas. Awesome stuff as always.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually using a traditional stationary player frame, part because I thought the resource display moved around a bit much and part because I didn't want to bother setting up the anchoring.

I did some of that tweaking I mentioned:

Took a little page out of your book, trying out the centered look.

Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    btw. the video is flagged as private
    whoops! here

theres a lot to fix here. you can see my text debuffs on the target need figuring out or redesigning, the hp/pp readout for the player nameplate is hilariously abstract and i'd like to it snap to the plate with a transition animation, and lots of tuning. but i like it!
    Last edited by modernist; 2016-08-02 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    My current UI:

You also gonna main a boomie? also 10/10 would look at again

Been messing with WA trying to find class influenced ways of showing spell cds etc, mostly because I found a SUPER old KaitUI using WA spell models (my resolution is friggin giant, it goes so blurry :| )

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Why do you only have 23 action buttons along the bottom.. make it 24 or align them to the frames D:
    Ha, good spot - I do have 24 there - but I must've removed an ability at the end of the bars

10+ Year Old Account

Basic stuff. The TMW tracking may seem redundant, but I'm autistic that way.

theres a lot to fix here. you can see my text debuffs on the target need figuring out or redesigning, the hp/pp readout for the player nameplate is hilariously abstract and i'd like to it snap to the plate with a transition animation, and lots of tuning. but i like it!
    Very interesting start.
    Very minimal while still trying to appear to be very legible, instead of the pencil-thin look I see a lot going for.
    As someone who's eyesight isn't exactly great, I appreciate that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Hey @Lyn, I tried borrowing your InfoBar for my UI, but I was getting errors with the modules for the SetText(GetZone)/(GetTime)/etc.
    Any idea why I'm getting that?

Building a new raid ui for legion. Missing party and raid frames atm. Gonna create that tomorrow! Target target is a box on the right side. Pet bar are on the left side, not visible in the vid. (druids are their own pet they don need a pet frame to know how to live life)

Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    Hey @Lyn, I tried borrowing your InfoBar for my UI, but I was getting errors with the modules for the SetText(GetZone)/(GetTime)/etc.
    Any idea why I'm getting that?
    Without additional information? No, sorry. No Idea.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2016-08-03 at 07:08 AM.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Without additional information? No, sorry. No Idea.
    Well, here are the errors I'm getting.
    Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/bar.lua:70: <unnamed>:SetText(): Font not set
    Time: 08/03/16 06:35:50
    Count: 1000
    Stack: [C]: ?
    [C]: in function `SetText'
    Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/bar.lua:70: in function <Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/bar.lua:68>

Locals:
    Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/clock.lua:206: <unnamed>:SetText(): Font not set
    Time: 08/03/16 06:36:00
    Count: 24
    Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/clock.lua:206: in function <Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/clock.lua:201>

Locals:

Getting there. Some minor glitches, minimap missing for some reason, no clue where Grid has gone. Also, all the rotational weakauras are now well and truly out of date, but I'll upload the new files without fixing all those I think, people can do that themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    Well, here are the errors I'm getting.
    Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/bar.lua:70: <unnamed>:SetText(): Font not set
    Time: 08/03/16 06:35:50
    Count: 1000
    Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/bar.lua:70: in function <Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/bar.lua:68>

Locals:
    Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/clock.lua:206: <unnamed>:SetText(): Font not set
    Time: 08/03/16 06:36:00
    Count: 24
    Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/clock.lua:206: in function <Interface\AddOns\LynInfoBar\modules/clock.lua:201>

Locals:
    The font is not set. Look for the path at the top which font it has set there.
    Just look for "local font" and check if your font lies at that path or change it.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2016-08-03 at 11:54 AM.
    oh, honey.

Ah, that makes sense, it was pathed to your media folder. Thanks for help.

Wow just WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Vxt View Post
    I agree. When I come back to this UI, I will most likely scale things down now that I have the overall placement and look down. I have a habit of building big so I can clearly see every detail, then scaling things back later. Been working on this Guild Wars 2 UI in Elv, which right now has pretty large frames as well.

EDIT: Here's what I'm currently working with in terms of the Guild Wars 2 texture UI. No where near done, but at least functional now. LOTS of resizing to be done.
    Wow! simply just WOW! Is this the theme/look you think you will releasing for Legion ? because I simply love it. I have tried to recreate something like that but I have neither the skills nor the knowledge and just WOW. I can't wait til you make it available. You will make it available right?