Thread: Post Your UI

I would love to able to shove all those messages through Toaster, ahem...

Deleted
    Slothington, hi
    I love your UI, will you upload it ?
    I searched for you infoBar and MiniMap addon but found nothing, you made it yourself ?

I fu... really dislike how blizz handles new invasions' and world quests' toasts T_T Each alert is split between two events. First event creates alert frame w/ basic info, second event updates existing toast. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I hope you release it as a stand-alone addon. It looks great and I would certainly use it!

One suggestion, if you do make it an addon--perhaps allow the frame's anchor to be moved. Sometimes it pops up over some critical UI element in combat or whatever. Just an idea!
    Hey!

I'm not sure about frame dragging and showing toasts in combat. I may add something like an optional silent or DND mode. While you're in combat, it'll be queuing up toasts, but once you leave combat, it'll show them all

-- update #1

Added DND mode
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-08-04 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laubuur View Post
    Slothington, hi
    I love your UI, will you upload it ?
    I searched for you infoBar and MiniMap addon but found nothing, you made it yourself ?
    Yea, I'll probably upload it once I make the weakauras for the class/specs i have.
    The map is from @Lyn new UI and the infobar is SX_Databar, but I'm now using the one @Lyn has.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    My goal is to standardise them. Here's my work so far.
    That is very impressive.
    I have been looking for better, more consistent ways to handle loot notifications.
    I have used Loot Toasts previously, and have been considering trying to come up with standardised chat messages, something along the lines of "+ 15g.", "+ [Ravenskar Helm]", etc.

I have not found a consistent catch-all for "gains".
    Though my idea could do with some throttle perhaps for quick or cumulative gains such as XP or reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That is very impressive.
    I have been looking for better, more consistent ways to handle loot notifications.
    I have used Loot Toasts previously, and have been considering trying to come up with standardised chat messages, something along the lines of "+ 15g.", "+ [Ravenskar Helm]", etc.

Though my idea could do with some throttle perhaps for quick or cumulative gains such as XP or reputation.
    https://github.com/obble/lovelyui/bl.../chat.lua#L121

But it'll work w/ English locale only.

Why dun you do something like `gsub(LOOT_ITEM_SELF, "%%s", "(.+)")` instead of `You receive item: (.+)%.`?

ah true, good shout

I like seeing more people toying around with the idea of no target frame here. Trying that too currently.

Now, what about the player frame? I'd like to try using only the self nameplate / personal resource display.

Is it possible to make it show up as soon as a target is selected, rather than upon entering combat?

But it'll work w/ English locale only.

Why dun you do something like `gsub(LOOT_ITEM_SELF, "%%s", "(.+)")` instead of `You receive item: (.+)%.`?
    You know where I can find all strings so I can do that with all my chat strings?
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changed my action bars a little bit, going with something similar to what I had a few years back.

As a side note, it's kind of funny how a large number of posts in this thread can be summarized to "here's my ElvUI set up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    You know where I can find all strings so I can do that with all my chat strings?
    Here + knowing strings you're looking for T_T

Here + knowing strings you're looking for T_T
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Changed my action bars a little bit, going with something similar to what I had a few years back.

http://i.imgur.com/MSwmdFe.jpg

As a side note, it's kind of funny how a large number of posts in this thread can be summarized to "here's my ElvUI set up!"
    Same as in the WoWUI Reddit. It will always be like that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some suggestions and questions about your UI:

- I would try to get some kind of button texture.
    - I would try to use the same statusbar texture all over the UI.
    - Do you really need the Personal Resource Display, if you have your WA and player UF near the center of the screen?
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That is very impressive.

I prefer to just have a chat tab for loot, since it's very rare for me to want to know what I've been looting unless it's quest items or relevant gear, which I'll be made aware of anyway.

oh god not this again..
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

OOC shot

In Combat

how the f do you get thumbnail links from imgur now?

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    i.imgur.com/FqU1NC9t.png

.. or l or m instead of t.

To your UI: I still like it VERY much.
    oh, honey.

I say everyone has gotta start somewhere. I even used X-Perl at one point :^)

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    OOC shot

In Combat

I have a quite similar setup. May I ask what is the font you are using and the texture on your UFs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I have a quite similar setup. May I ask what is the font you are using and the texture on your UFs?
    Font should be Expressway.