Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand. You say don't cleave because its a dps loss and instead you should single target the add, then you say to replace Furious Slash with WW when the add is up, which I'm pretty sure is cleaving.
    Can you see why I'm confused?
    Furious Slash is a last priority ability for Fury, all the guides adice to "use it when you cannot use anything else". For instance, my last Odyn's attempt I used it 25 times in 10 min fight, which is almost once in 30 sec, hardly ever.

If you replace the use of FS with WW you will get a passive cleave but very minimal. What I meant initially your guild mates should not try to actively cleave the add (by using WW every time before BT or Rampage), just alter the rotation slightly as I mentioned. It will maximize their output on the fight.
    Last edited by Rastlin; 2016-11-23 at 02:24 PM.

Okay that makes more sense then.
    We ended up killing it, I didn't get round to helping the warrior sort out their Battlecry rotation, but the rogue, MM and DH all improved vastly after the advice I got from those forums.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    Mythic Ursoc - Arms.
    What I'm doing wrong?

I have really bad rankings on ursoc. I can see, I have bad tactican procs (less use of CS). But on all of my parsings?
    I know I'm doing something completly wrong but have no clue what!

My log:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=28
    Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Clunky/simple

I have only one bad legendary and not the best trinkets (got SA yesterday).

It whould be great if someone could check the logs and help me! I like to be a better player

Edit:
    A log of another arms with about the same gear and fight length:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14

Never played Melee classes before started my first as fury warrior and can't seem to be able to get high parses on wcl so I wanted to seek for help here any kind hearted person can analyze my log and point out my mistakes? Id really appreciate it
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19967762/10/
    I think I already did my best with cenarius but still only 81% for me my goal is to get all parses up above 95% please help me to improve thank you guys
    Can't post links so looks like manually crtl c the link up is the only way please help thanks
    Last edited by Tanaerius; 2016-11-29 at 05:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinyongia View Post
    Mythic Ursoc - Arms.
    What I'm doing wrong?

I have really bad rankings on ursoc. I can see, I have bad tactican procs (less use of CS). But on all of my parsings?
    I know I'm doing something completly wrong but have no clue what!

My log:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=28
    Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Clunky/simple

I have only one bad legendary and not the best trinkets (got SA yesterday).

It whould be great if someone could check the logs and help me! I like to be a better player

Edit:
    A log of another arms with about the same gear and fight length:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13
    No idea to help?

My parses are somewhat okay, but I'd like some help improving. I'm currently Fury spec. Here are my logs for EN H.

(Cant post links for some reason, this comes after the .com)
    /rankings/character/17167577/10/

I feel like for ST fights I encounter situations where the boss moves or dissapears and it fucks with my enrage string and I end up getting 7-10 seconds of downtime trying to get my enrage chain back up. For example, if Ursoc charges at the wrong time, I may end up struggling to regain enrage uptime. However, I mainly see this problem on Elereth. I just can't parse well on that boss. I simply don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've tried saving my BC + BT + RB + OF + BT + RB for when her adds spawn, but my dps ends up being the same.

Also, I'm still stuck with a Ravaged Seed Pod and I was wondering how Urgent it is for me to get a replacement for it. I know how important trinkets are to improve dps.

I appreciate your input and any help you could provide

@Suesorblack

Here's your info btw, should post your toon too so folks don't need to search for it.
    Generally you're doing fine. I would definately switch out that seed trinket asap, even a stat stick would be better. According to the Fury Trinkey guide, the Seed Pod trinket is one of the worst ones you could be using. Run Mythic VH for a Chaos Talisman, Arcway for a Chrono Shard, use a Stat Trinket, or even try to get the Appendages from EN Eye if you can.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nd-Relic-Guide

I mainly focus on the tank and spank fights like Nyth, Ursoc, Cenarious, and Xavius. I never parse well for the Eye or Spider boss, there's tons of movement and I don't want to ignore mechanics to pad my meters. So I would use those fights above as the comparison. From looking at your gear and logs, here are some of my notes:
    1) Your opener looks fine.
    2) You are missing some DR's during the fights, you should be able to fit 2 in before BC + OF resets. This would lead to extra damage.
    3) You are pre-potting Old War I'm assuming, but you never use the 2nd pot during the fight. (This is like 5% more damage)
    4) You could clean up your Execute phase a bit more.
    5) Kinda haste heavy, I'd recommend 25% haste and move more towards Mastery.
    6) Would recommend the Jeweled Signet of Melandrus ring (any ilvl and Court of Stars), 10% more auto attack damage.

Otherwise you look solid. You don't have the execute ring so until that drops, you can't do anything more about more executes during the fight. And sometimes you get stuck with mechanics and have to run out, which messes up your parses for the fight. I got hit with Rot like 4 times last EN Heroic Nyth fight which there's nothing you can do about it, just RNG.

If the boss moves slightly though, you just have to anticipate it and get back within range quicker. Ursoc's knockback, just have charge or heroic leap ready and get back in position as soon as he finishes his move. And you should be on Ursoc's right side at all times going around the room (assuming your raid goes clockwise).
    Last edited by Lorkin; 2016-12-02 at 03:09 PM.

@Lorkin

I appreciate the help/input. I have a few more questions based on what you've said.

2) Here you mention that I'm missing DRs, which I acknowledge since I sometimes purposefully omit casting it because it feels like the 20% dmg increase for 6 seconds is not worth the sacrifice of a rampage or raging blow since DR doesn't do much dmg and sort of makes your dmg go stale for 1-2 seconds. Is it 100% worth casting DR as much as possible? Currently I try to only use it before a Battle Cry.

3) I actually only recently realised that you can double pot. I always only used one pot. Fuck me.

4) I manage to keep my Juggernaut stacks throughout the phase, but it does feel like a clusterfuck to me. I generally Execute > Rampage on procs > RB or BT when below 30 rage. How would you recommend cleaning up my execute phase?

5) I was under the impression stacking haste was the way to go. Current at 30% haste, 39% Mastery, 20% Crit. Should I be sacrificing some crit for mastery? Or should I be trying to keep crit at a certain breakpoint?

6) It's a nice ring, but idk about at any ilvl since the ability seems to only give a 1-2% overall dmg boost.

@Suesorblack

2) You can fit 2 DRs within each BC + OF, so why not do it? Surely you can find ONE GCD filler you can squeeze in there between RB's along the way. Your RB Avg damage for Xavius was ~226k damage. Are you saying you don't want to get 20% more damage for 2 of those RB's by using a filler GCD to pop DR inbetween? I'm not understanding why you have the hesitation.

3) Yeah, that second pot is an extra 5% damage during each fight. Pre-potting (assuming you know by now) is potting basically at the 1-0 second mark of your guild's pull timer. I'm assuming they are using a Prepull timer as most raiding guides do. The main reason is to pre-pot and get that 2nd pot in the fight. Always use Old War pot DURING the lust window, as you get more attacks and thus your pot does more damage. (Assuming you know that already)

4) So during the normal phase, I prioritize RB above mostly all other abilities. During Execute phase I switch that to execute obviously. I use RB as a FILLER during that phase. With Massacre talent and weapon talent to proc Rampages and free executes, you should basically just spam Execute and use free Rampages to fresh Enrage. It's more like Execute, Execute, Execute, Rampage, Execute, Execute, RB (for rage), Rampage (to refresh Enrage), Execute, etc, etc. There will be periods you run out of rage, so you'll need to use Rampage to gain back some rage to spam more executes.

Check out my best Xavius run log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11

The Execute phase should be a steady ramp up to crazy Execute damage until the boss dies. Of course if you get stuck with a mechanic that makes you lose Jugg stacks then GG, but otherwise it should be our 1st or 2nd most damaging spiked phase of the encounter.

5) Sims and others have said that Haste should be stacked to 50%. But we can't hit that breakpoint until 7.2. So the first breakpoint is either 18% or 20% depending on who you talk to. That assumes perfect execution, so with lag and human error we generally suggest 25% haste. This allows you to git 5 attacks in your BC window. I personally found I did more damage once I shifted my extra Haste after 25% to Mastery. Mastery gives more bonus damage during Enrage and more damage to RB is a good thing.

6) I think you underestimate the Execute ring. You have the helm and cloak so you by no means in a bad position. But the execute ring actually CHANGES your playstyle. I get execute procs during the pull and during the fight, which procs massacre, which gives me more room to keep my Enrage up throughout the fight. Instead of using BT or FS as fillers, imaging using Execute as a filler, which could proc a free Rampage. Once you use that Rampage, you technically have all the rage still for a 2nd one. By the time you use the 2nd one, there's a good chance Execute proc'ed again, which could proc another Massacre, and again give you another free Rampage. It's hard to gauge my training dummy meter comparisons sometimes because of the RNG of execute procs.

Hey guys would be really grateful if someone could review my logs, my guild cleared odyn HC tonight but we failed on Guarm.

My DPS on this fight is averaging 250K but in comparison to other fury around my ilvl and stats i could be doing a lot more.....like 100k more!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Tydan/simple

I know the seedpod sucks and i am working on obtaining something better.

Would really appreciate any help offered.

Thanks

Can't see your logs Tydan. Your link doesn't work and your toon doesn't come up with the search either. Are your logs public?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/15587584/10/

Going off your Armory, you could use 2 better trinkets. And you don't have any good legendaries (ring, helm, cloak) so you'll be limited. Crit's a bit low but mostly your weapons could use some major Relic upgrades. You are sitting at 880 and I'd try to get that up to at LEAST 890+ asap.

Otherwise it's hard to tell what you do during the pull and fight unless we got logs. Try to see if you can fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin View Post
    Can't see your logs Tydan. Your link doesn't work and your toon doesn't come up with the search either. Are your logs public?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/15587584/10/

Going off your Armory, you could use 2 better trinkets. And you don't have any good legendaries (ring, helm, cloak) so you'll be limited. Crit's a bit low but mostly your weapons could use some major Relic upgrades. You are sitting at 880 and I'd try to get that up to at LEAST 890+ asap.

Otherwise it's hard to tell what you do during the pull and fight unless we got logs. Try to see if you can fix that.

Hi Lorkin, thanks for the reply. Yeh the trinkets i am working on, according to Mr Robot the Nightmare Egg Shell is BIS but having said that i have not run a sim on it. The relics again something i am working on. The legendaries well thats another story and i am at the mercy of RNG gods

The log is weird as its set as public however when i try and find the ranking myself it does not show up for me either even though i have set them as public :|

Will be running HC TOV again on Thursday so will upload some more then.

Its very frustrating as my raid leader is going nuts on me claiming that i should be doing 350K 'easily' yet i dont even get that on a training dummy.

Make sure to turn on advanced combat logging. It's under System > Network in the options menu.

Gear I get, as that's basically RNG but there are some decent options you can farm for now. Mythic VH drops the Chaos Talisman, Mythic Arcway drops the Chrono Shard, and Mythic Court of Stars drops the 10% auto attack ring. Legendaries, well they will come.

Are you flasking, haste fooding, and pre-potting with Potion of Old War and then Potting again during Lust? Take a peak at my logs as an example. I could use some better relics myself, can't seem to find anything above 865. And I wished the Legendary Helm dropped instead of the belt I got, but oh well.

Make sure to turn on advanced combat logging. It's under System > Network in the options menu.

Gear I get, as that's basically RNG but there are some decent options you can farm for now. Mythic VH drops the Chaos Talisman, Mythic Arcway drops the Chrono Shard, and Mythic Court of Stars drops the 10% auto attack ring. Legendaries, well they will come.

Are you flasking, haste fooding, and pre-potting with Potion of Old War and then Potting again during Lust? Take a peak at my logs as an example. I could use some better relics myself, can't seem to find anything above 865. And I wished the Legendary Helm dropped instead of the belt I got, but oh well.
    Just compared our Guarm fights and bizarrely we have the exact same amount of raging blow casts at 52

I notice you have the legendary ring which is obviously giving you a huge boost.

Yup i take a flask, haste food, pre pot and then try to pot on BL which often goes unannounced in my raids (dont ask). I am planning on running all those mythics this week and hopefully will get something.

By comparison my DPS is not dramatically behind yours considering my gear. My rotation bar execute is essentially the same.

I am starting to come to the conclusion that either my raid leader is a dick or that Warriors are just not that viable in comparison to other DPS classes with the same ilvl and stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    My DPS on this fight is averaging 250K but in comparison to other fury around my ilvl and stats i could be doing a lot more.....like 100k more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    By comparison my DPS is not dramatically behind yours considering my gear. My rotation bar execute is essentially the same.
    Sorry Tydan, these two statements conflict with each other. Are you doing 250k on Guarm or are you doing 350k as your Guild Leader is saying you should be? My best parse was 353k on Normal Guarm and 328k on Heroic Guarm. If you are pulling similar numbers then you should be good to go. If you are pulling only 250k as your original post said, then you could probably use some work.

Sorry Tydan, these two statements conflict with each other. Are you doing 250k on Guarm or are you doing 350k as your Guild Leader is saying you should be? My best parse was 353k on Normal Guarm and 328k on Heroic Guarm. If you are pulling similar numbers then you should be good to go. If you are pulling only 250k as your original post said, then you could probably use some work.
    Yes so my DPS on Heroic Guarm is 250K DPS. However as you pointed out my Trinkets and Legendary suck and artifact weapon suck.

My point is my raid leaders expectation is that i do 350k dps with what i have right now.

Arms Warrior seeking some help. I have been on the warrior discord, follow the arms compendium, and I am 5/7 Mythic. I am doing good dps for my guild, and am typically top 5 dps, but compared to other warriors, I am in the 50-70% range on most fights.

I am 882 ilvl, and based on sims, I expect to be closer to 500k, rather than just under 400k.

I have this weeks and last weeks raid logs, but I do not know exactly what to post to get help so I am posting a link to both. I just want to see if there is something I am doing wrong to help get my dps up. Thank you!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/511/

Deleted
    Is the arms rotation really that much harder to play than the fury rotation?

Would like to switch from fury to arms in 7.1.5, but when I fight the dummy (no execute phase) I do 280k-300k as fury and barely 200-210k as arms (ilvl 864).

Got 67% mastery and 26% haste as arms. 50% mastery and 26% haste as fury. I didn't change into my fury gear and even used massacre as fury, so arms should have the advantage.

I tried several arms builds, but can't get over 210k consistent dps. Any tips?

877 arms

I am usually arms spec and my dps is horrible on odyn heroic (180-250 ish). Admittedly, we are not getting to execute phase, but it is still low. I know the rotation and the arms compendium. I just don't know why my dps is so bad. Any help would be appreciated,
    EN:
    Nythendra - 325k
    Dragons - 278k
    Ursoc - 312k
    Cen 304k

I cannot post links, so please add https
    us battle net at Aerie-peak/Dagoska/simple
    logs are at warcraftlogs vdLMp8W3qxTzf6gH#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=40
    vdLMp8W3qxTzf6gH

Thanks

Deleted
    Dont know whats wrong but im srsly struggling with arms atm after being fury for a while, here's my HC Guarm log
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=21