15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i'd like some kind of cosmetic thing to reward people like me who did all 60s without buying any boosts.
    Kinda like Maat's Cap from FFXI?

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Unless we get a freebie level 60 class with SB, I might buy one to top my ninja off (big if though). I pretty much resigned myself to new melee dps classes, my main (mnk) and two current alts (drg and mch).
    I'd rather -and have- just grinded them all up in deep dungeon, those 300k materias got all my HQ ironworks crafter and gatherer stuff with no other work beyond 1-50 a bunch.
    Granted i was also chasing the crazy goal of all the padjal weapons, just NIN daggers to go now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly. The point of a paid boost is to not devalue levelling. I'll say it again. It in no way affects anyone. It's a simple boost to 50 or 60 in Stormblood. A lot of MMOs have adopted the system.
    Yeah, the amount of hyperbole over that (mainly on Reddit, but also saw a bit of it on official forums) went from comical to /facepalm inducing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Likely to be implemented between the release of Stormblood and the following expansion.

"However, I predict that we will end up introducing this service at some point between the release of Stormblood and the expansion pack that comes after." - near the bottom of the post.

So it will likely be a bump to 60, with a chance of it not being implemented until the third expansion (at which point it would be probably 6 years since launch, with 70 levels and an upcoming 10 more, and probably close to 1000 quests as part of the MSQ from start to finish - basically the kind of time when a catch up mechanic of the jump potion type would start to make sense for the health of the game).
    Heh, makes all the tears being shed about the idea even more eyeroll-worthy if it's something that's rough minimum of 8-12 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Kinda like Maat's Cap from FFXI?
    idk just anything would be nice. title, mog, possibly a mount, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Leave it to them Japenese to overcomplicate everything again.

Simple solution:
    No "need to complete [expansion <= -1]" flag for the Stormblood MSQ. People that ding 60 can immediately accept it and begin playing Stormblood content.
    In addition, add a potion in your cash shop that boosts chars to [max level = expansion -1].
    Matter of quest line design, really.

Best example I can think of where it's done properly: Guild Wars 1. When they introduced Factions, they had a new player island/area for people rolling the new classes that were added; this would get them leveled enough to venture over to the mainlain area for that xpac (Cantha) into the main port city there, which is where players from the original Prophecies campaign would also be able to join in at that point (without having to do the quests on that island area...in fact I don't think they could).

There are probably better examples I haven't tried (or worse, I forgot about them ).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'd rather -and have- just grinded them all up in deep dungeon, those 300k materias got all my HQ ironworks crafter and gatherer stuff with no other work beyond 1-50 a bunch.
    Granted i was also chasing the crazy goal of all the padjal weapons, just NIN daggers to go now!
    That's a goal of mine as well, but friends want to clear all the way to 200, so gotta get that done first before I can go back to farming the rest of those weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care to have everything leveled up here and already did that in two other MMOs (TERA and GW2) and chasing achievements got old in WoW. No thanks.

Easier to pay for ninja and get a potential freebie with the new class.

Edit: Actually might level my ninja through PoD anyway, sounds like a fun idea over time. Thanks!
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2016-12-19 at 05:34 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    idk just anything would be nice. title, mog, possibly a mount, etc.
    I wore my Maat's Cap with pride back when it wasn't as easy to level classes in FFXI.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Past that, at 8 Kinna weapons now and ready for a 9th, though I like to keep my Aether high long as possible cos it makes grinding levels easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I don't care to have everything leveled up here and already did that in two other MMOs (TERA and GW2) and chasing achievements got old in WoW. No thanks.

Easier to pay for ninja and get a potential freebie with the new class.

Edit: Actually might level my ninja through PoD anyway, sounds like a fun idea over time. Thanks!
    Honestly the millions of gil is the reason i would do it the longer way myself over saving money. Never hurts to sit on some for Stormblood.

YES YES YES! FIRST BIRD. Get in there. Ravana one. And it is sooooooooooo pretty. I named him Steve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    YES YES YES! FIRST BIRD. Get in there. Ravana one. And it is sooooooooooo pretty. I named him Steve.
    And thus the bird runs away due to the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    And thus the bird runs away due to the name.
    Only once! But yeah finally happy I got my first bird. Feel even better it was a drop and not trading in the tokens.

I can't believe how close we are to Christmas. Where has this month gone so far?

I have to get up super early on Christmas Eve to do some last minute shopping/head out for a meal with some friends so I won't be able to watch the next Fan Fest in real time. Though at least when I wake up I should be able to read a summary of the exciting details.

Then when the festivities wind down and the New Year is upon us we'll be getting the first part of 3.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Patch 3.5 stuff, including dungeon gear (I'd guess): http://www.4gamer.net/games/278/G027835/20161219062/

Glad to see Yugiri back in action.

I want that healer outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Some Patch 3.5 stuff, including dungeon gear (I'd guess): http://www.4gamer.net/games/278/G027835/20161219062/

If the weapons from the last of the triad have a similar appearance to what he is wielding, it might make for some decent glamour.

And now that this is the last raid reset before Christmas, I hope Yoshi Claus leaves me a present under the Alexander Prime tonight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

what's with the red carbuncle

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Its a new thing for summoners that don't want to use egis its kinda like a glamour that makes all the egis carbuncles the red one is for ifrit.

I'm so happy that the Garleans are going to be a major player in the story again. Really looking forward to this dungeon but I have to say for the first time ever I don't like a single one of the armour sets you get.

I just wonder how you make Garlean tech interesting after shit like Cruise Chaser and Alexander. Kind of feels like a step backwards in a wierd way y'know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Like Gutler noted, Ruby Carbunckle is for Ifrit. I guess they added one just cause there's only two base summons for ACN.