15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    One thing I eventually did was just get all to 15(after nsq completion) then to 30 for jobs when I felt ready. That way all major unlock requirements were met..buut yeah do NOT level them all at once never a good idea in This game
    I did something similar where I got everyone to 30. From 30 to 50 I leveled my casters all at the same time (relative; once I moved out of a dungeon I stopped on that toon and moved to the next and so on). I followed that by tanks, then melee. ALl the while, I would roll on other pieces of gear for leveling reasons. Eventually I got everyone to 51. At which point I went a bit more slowly and leveling each spec from 51-60 one at a time. Eventually I got all the damaging/tanking/healing classes to 60. Afterwards I picked up gathering and crafting. The Ixal quests help A LOT with the crafting leveling. Currently I'm 60 in mining and herbing; 60 in Tailoring; and rest in the 51-55 range. I may have done it incorrectly, but I didn't have to worry about gearing as much.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-12-28 at 04:46 AM.

Everyone has their own process. Me, I've been using POTD. Got SMN/SCH at 60, the rest are at 57. I do one level on each, clean up the sidequests I skipped during HW MSQ(pretty much all except for the ones you had to do to unlock Moogle dailies), then repeat. Currently at 11 Kinna weapons, will prolly get number 12 next Tuesday, as I tend to rebuild from it on SCH as part of the weekly Scrip Tome farm. Went from 27/27 to 76/74 in 15 runs, so it's nice and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Everyone has their own process. Me, I've been using POTD. Got SMN/SCH at 60, the rest are at 57. I do one level on each, clean up the sidequests I skipped during HW MSQ(pretty much all except for the ones you had to do to unlock Moogle dailies), then repeat. Currently at 11 Kinna weapons, will prolly get number 12 next Tuesday, as I tend to rebuild from it on SCH as part of the weekly Scrip Tome farm. Went from 27/27 to 76/74 in 15 runs, so it's nice and easy.
    that's pretty interesting.. what floors do you usually do to level?

i have 3 jobs left i want to finish before 4.0 and i'm burnt out on grinding regular dungeons.

51-70 is my usual run. If my Aether is below 40, I stick to 51-60 cos I don't want to be too much of a drag, even if 61-70 isn't really very tough. 71-80 isn't actually very tough, but with randos the 80 boss can be tough and I personally don't wanna risk a wipe going down that far. That's not to say wipes don't happen. A bad comp with bad spawns and bad luck with poms/floor effects can still cause a wipe on any floor. But they're very much in the minority.

If you wanna collect Padjals/Kinnas, it's a pretty optimal rotation. If you really don't care at all about the Aether weapons, you can stick to just 51-60, same XP and tends to be faster queues. Look on your server for speedrunners if you wanna max your XP/Tomestone gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    That your cat's trigger words?
    Naah. She's just crazy about berries of all sorts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Naah. She's just crazy about berries of all sorts.
    Well, she has good taste then, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Is also why Im making another toon that focuses on pure War classes except bard while my main gal focuses on Magic / bard. TOo much gear to handle.
    Haha same reason for my second toon. I also realized that I enjoy having two very differently looking (race/gender) toons who handle each their own roles. I also have night shifts and it's great to have a toon who not yet relies on queues :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Haha same reason for my second toon. I also realized that I enjoy having two very differently looking (race/gender) toons who handle each their own roles. I also have night shifts and it's great to have a toon who not yet relies on queues :P
    That's probably the biggest downside of the Job system that FFXIV has for me. I love playing as a Dwarf in WoW for my tanks yet if I'm a caster I'd pick Undead.

What's the most efficient way to get umbrite/crystal sand for the relic quest?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Umbrite: ARF spam

Crystal Sand: Amber Vilekin/Crafting/Gathering blue scripts. Personally, I've done a mix of Vilekin/Gathering scripts. I fish for Illuminati Perch.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    ACRF spam for umbrite. Scrips, Poetics trade in, Vilekin through the 1 FATE spam and Primal Pieces if they are cheap I'd say for sand. If you can afford to throw some gil at it do the primal pieces and grade 4 elemental resistance materia trade ins as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read I shouldn't do all the side quests with one job, need to get out of the wow mindset.

Now to choose a race and spend hours in the character creator ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    From what I've read I shouldn't do all the side quests with one job, need to get out of the wow mindset.

Now to choose a race and spend hours in the character creator ^^
    Au Ra or No Ra. Also tbh you can do Hildibrand stuff on one job. Those sidequests are comic relief ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Au Ra or No Ra. Also tbh you can do Hildibrand stuff on one job. Those sidequests are comic relief ones.
    Don't think I can tear myself away from catgirls

15+ Year Old Account
    For me ya gotta go Thighlander.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Because relevant:

Meow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I go all out and vote for sea wolves :P

Deleted
    Whats the best way to use POTD? I used Save 1 and did it 3 times clearing floor 30, but shit hurt there. I think i have +13 Weap and +9, when doing the previous floor the ppl had +33 and +29.

Should i do it again with save 2?

Im not really sure how best to use POTD, it seems atm i wont do much dps doing 31-40

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    This one gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Whats the best way to use POTD? I used Save 1 and did it 3 times clearing floor 30, but shit hurt there. I think i have +13 Weap and +9, when doing the previous floor the ppl had +33 and +29.

Should i do it again with save 2?

Im not really sure how best to use POTD, it seems atm i wont do much dps doing 31-40
    Use both saves for now. Start with save slot 1. Run in a matched group so you get paired with other folks (makes going through the floors a breeze early on, no matter what your weapon/armor are). Clear 1-10, then pop out, start new game via save slot 2, do the same. Basically go back and forth between the two until your weapon/armor reach a decent level...at 20/20 you should be able to easily get through to floor 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    That's probably the biggest downside of the Job system that FFXIV has for me. I love playing as a Dwarf in WoW for my tanks yet if I'm a caster I'd pick Undead.
    Highlander: Look good doing everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Highlander: Look good doing everything!
    Except having eyebrows.

Elezen for president 2020.